PDA

View Full Version : U of San Diego Haters...

MiamiTorero
October 15th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Keep hating on USD... You keep putting down this team because of their schedule... well what do u want them to do? Players have nothing to do with scheduling and you all know that all they can do is play the schedule they are given and thats what they are doing. The best team they have played so far is a Yale team that is 3-1 in which they destroyed. When you look at the Colgate team that was given the 16th seed last year and you are telling this USD team they shouldnt get a shot at the playoffs then you aren't being fair because this team is a better team than that Colgate team. So keep hating and disrespecting our team but we dont care what you think about us... We're 6-0 and in the top 25 and have the best winning streak in Division 1-AA and tied with Ohio State for the best winning streak in Division 1. A lot more than MOST of you fans can say about your team. For not giving scholarships we're doing damn good and more than almost all of you expect from a Non scholarship 1-AA team whether you want to admit it or not. So keep hating we dont care we'll keep winning.

AppGuy04
October 15th, 2006, 07:38 PM
I don't think anyone here has ever bashed a USD player

The coach however, is another story

cosmo here
October 15th, 2006, 07:40 PM
1. As you said, the players can't help the schedule. So play your schedule and stop complaining about the playoffs, since you already have a game that weekend.

2. Colgate was not the 16-seed, only the top four teams are seeded, and would have been in the field no matter how it was seeded since it earned an automatic bid.

MiamiTorero
October 15th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Then why arent any of you complaining about the Patriot Leagus auto bid? Are you serious right now? USD can beat any of the teams in the Patriot League but I dont hear any of you complaining about them getting a bid. You guys really make a lot of sense...

October 15th, 2006, 07:42 PM
We know USD plays I-AA

The vaunted AGS Poll has USD in the top 25 (all the polls do (http://www.i-aa.org/article.asp?articleid=80343)).

Don't let the ravings of certain members get you down.

AppGuy04
October 15th, 2006, 07:45 PM
USD can beat any of the teams in the Patriot League

Statements like this are what people don't like

You really have no basis to make this claim. Your schedule has shown that you can blow out weak teams, nothing more, nothing less.

cosmo here
October 15th, 2006, 07:46 PM
Then why arent any of you complaining about the Patriot Leagus auto bid? Are you serious right now? USD can beat any of the teams in the Patriot League but I dont hear any of you complaining about them getting a bid. You guys really make a lot of sense...

because the Patriot League has earned an automatic bid through the application process, and defended it by, among other things, putting a team (Colgate) in the national championship game in 2003.

MiamiTorero
October 15th, 2006, 07:48 PM
And you guys cant prove that USD doesnt belong in the playoffs... They havent lost or come close to losing... So you cant prove they dont belong in the playoffs... so your arguments are just as invalid if mine is about the Patriot League

JohnStOnge
October 15th, 2006, 07:48 PM
I don't think anybody hates San Diego. Me, I'd favor expanding the playoffs to five rounds and 24 teams with the top 8 getting a first round bye. All I-AA leagues would get an automatic bid.

The problem for USD isn't fans on message boards. I'd love to see them in the playoffs to see how they'd do. The problems as I understand it are 1) the NCAA playoff committee may not see the schedule as strong enough to get them an at large bid regardless of how well they do with it and 2) they have a regular season game scheduled for the same date as the first round of the tournament.

October 15th, 2006, 07:49 PM
... You really have no basis to make this claim...Actually they can claim they wrecked Yale who beat Lafayette and Lehigh. So that is some basis.

AppGuy04
October 15th, 2006, 07:50 PM
And you guys cant prove that USD doesnt belong in the playoffs... They havent lost or come close to losing... So you cant prove they dont belong in the playoffs... so your arguments are just as invalid if mine is about the Patriot League

You are correct sir. The proof is on the field. The problem is, your fellow Torero fans have come in here with their dicks swinging claiming they should be in the playoffs. That has to be proven BEFORE the playoffs, and with the schedule you possess, thats an impossibility. Beat somebody of consequence during the regular season and you will get your playoff bid. Until then its just talk.

AppGuy04
October 15th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Actually they can claim they wrecked Yale who beat Lafayette and Lehigh. So that is some basis.

and you know as well as I that there is no transitive property in college football

cosmo here
October 15th, 2006, 07:52 PM

and they haven't beat or come close to beating a playoff-caliber team yet, either. and therein lies the rub.

Dane96
October 15th, 2006, 07:52 PM

Lot of talk for a three post person. Maybe you should go check the posts...the PL'ers even question whether or not the rise of the NEC teams (it just happened to be after the NEC beat PL teams) could lose their auto-bid.

They wont lose it, but there has been discussion on this board.

Thanks for assuming no one questioned the PL though.:hurray:

cosmo here
October 15th, 2006, 07:53 PM
and you know as well as I that there is no transitive property in college football

and we also know Lafayette and Lehigh aren't that good this year, and that Yale is likely the fourth-best team in the Ivy League.

October 15th, 2006, 07:54 PM
And you guys cant prove that USD doesnt belong in the playoffs... They havent lost or come close to losing... So you cant prove they dont belong in the playoffs... so your arguments are just as invalid if mine is about the Patriot LeagueFirst, welcome to AGS membership. Do a quick search on Toreros or USD or San Diego. You'll find tons of posts about your topic. Please, read a bit because we reasonably discuss here a lot.

Dane96
October 15th, 2006, 07:54 PM
Actually they can claim they wrecked Yale who beat Lafayette and Lehigh. So that is some basis.

Your kidding, right? So.....we are going to play the "this team beat this team, who beat this team, so they are good" game?

Come on, I expect more from you.:nono:

October 15th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Your kidding, right? So.....we are going to play the "this team beat this team, who beat this team, so they are good" game?
Come on, I expect more from you.:nono:Hey, it's their basis and it beats a blank for them. Albany beat Lehigh.

JohnStOnge
October 15th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Statements like this are what people don't like

You really have no basis to make this claim. Your schedule has shown that you can blow out weak teams, nothing more, nothing less.

Yale is looking pretty decent as a I-AA. The problem is that the only information that's possible to have is Yale. Blowing out one decent team is a whole lot different than going through a schedule with a number of decent teams on it. I think they did blow out one at least decent I-AA team.

Plus, though Yale is 4-1, the best record among teams Yale has beaten is 2-3 Cornell. There just isn't a whole lot of information.

Anybody who's paid attention to my posts knows I do give some credence to Sagarin's ratings. Sagarin's ratings have USD rated at 8 and Yale at 21.

AppGuy04
October 15th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Yale is looking pretty decent as a I-AA. The problem is that the only information that's possible to have is Yale. Blowing out one decent team is a whole lot different than going through a schedule with a number of decent teams on it. I think they did blow out one at least decent I-AA team.

Plus, though Yale is 4-1, the best record among teams Yale has beaten is 2-3 Cornell. There just isn't a whole lot of information.

Anybody who's paid attention to my posts knows I do give some credence to Sagarin's ratings. Sagarin's ratings have USD rated at 8 and Yale at 21.

Yale hasn't played anyone in the top half of the Ivy, so that doesn't help them IMO

JohnStOnge
October 15th, 2006, 08:04 PM
and they haven't beat or come close to beating a playoff-caliber team yet, either. and therein lies the rub.

That's probably true. Right now, I'd have to say that they've blown out a team that's not quite playoff caliber but close to it.

To me, USD is an argument for expanding the playoffs some, making it five rounds, and giving every I-AA league champ an automatic bid.

October 15th, 2006, 08:05 PM
geez I think I posted this before...
Day Date Games Location Outcome/ Time
Sat 9/16/2006 San Diego at Yale, San Diego 43-17
Sat 9/23/2006 Yale at Cornell, Yale 21-9
Sat 9/30/2006 Yale at Lafayette, Yale 37-34
Sat 10/7/2006 Yale at Dartmouth, Yale 26-14
Sat 10/14/2006 Lehigh at Yale, Yale 26-20

cosmo here
October 15th, 2006, 08:07 PM
That's probably true. Right now, I'd have to say that they've blown out a team that's not quite playoff caliber but close to it.

After seeing the top four Ivy League teams play Lafayette, Yale has a shot at third in the Ivy League with a win over Penn . . but wins over Harvard or Princeton would be pretty big upsets.

GOTOREROS
October 15th, 2006, 08:22 PM
The funny part about his whole debate is that for all the complaining I-AA teams do about getting no respect from I-A teams, you all are perpetuating the same argument towards USD. For every slam people make about I-AA teams being weak, don't play anyone, etc. you all are making the same weak argument towards San Diego. You can't have it both ways - you ask and demand respect from I-A teams and then turn the I-A arguments on San Diego. You guys really are hypocritical...no one can disrespect your teams from a larger I-A school but its OK to slam San Diego's, coaches, administrators, fans etc. Face it you've been called out on the mat, anyone going to own up to it and be a man and realize how lame you all sound bashing San Diego?

GOTOREROS

windwalker
October 15th, 2006, 08:24 PM
You are correct sir. The proof is on the field. The problem is, your fellow Torero fans have come in here with their dicks swinging claiming they should be in the playoffs. That has to be proven BEFORE the playoffs, and with the schedule you possess, thats an impossibility. Beat somebody of consequence during the regular season and you will get your playoff bid. Until then its just talk.

Kind of like 2 years ago when Coastal Carolina went 10 - 1, and although we would have loved a play-off bid, we (for the most of us) understood it was the SOS that doomed us. So... we beefed up the schedule last year somewhat, went 9 - 2, then beefed it up again for this year's schedule.

Point is... if you want to be part of the championship series, the AD and administration must make the commitment to Div I-AA football. I think our school has done that. Now it is up to our team to make the playoffs a reality.

No whinning from me, if we do not make it.

BillLuc1982
October 15th, 2006, 08:24 PM
Shouldn't this be on the I-AA Smack thread?

AppGuy04
October 15th, 2006, 08:26 PM
The funny part about his whole debate is that for all the complaining I-AA teams do about getting no respect from I-A teams, you all are perpetuating the same argument towards USD. For every slam people make about I-AA teams being weak, don't play anyone, etc. you all are making the same weak argument towards San Diego. You can't have it both ways - you ask and demand respect from I-A teams and then turn the I-A arguments on San Diego. You guys really are hypocritical...no one can disrespect your teams from a larger I-A school but its OK to slam San Diego's, coaches, administrators, fans etc. Face it you've been called out on the mat, anyone going to own up to it and be a man and realize how lame you all sound bashing San Diego?

GOTOREROS

There are only 16 playoff births to go around. The main idea is that they are to be earned. You CANNOT do that with your schedule. That is all there is to it for me. You may possibly be one of the best 16 teams in I-AA but that is something that must be proven before you will be handed a ticket to a playoff game.

FargoBison
October 15th, 2006, 08:26 PM

GOTOREROS

What you said makes no sense, at least I-AA's play I-A's and then whine about how they don't get respect. USD hasn't even played a legit playoff team and you guys are whining about why everyone is saying you have no chance at the playoffs and are not legit. We may not get much respect from I-A schools but at least we earn our respect and don't act like it should be given to us like USD's fans and coach do.

October 15th, 2006, 08:38 PM
The funny part about his whole debate is that for all the complaining I-AA teams do about getting no respect from I-A teams, you all are perpetuating the same argument towards USD...We'll have to make an FAQ about this GOT... for your info too many have come on here with the same argument as you but it just doesn't hold water. 1. I-A has different football standards than I-AA. 2. USD is in the same I-AA as the members here.

GOTOREROS
October 15th, 2006, 08:46 PM
What you said makes no sense, at least I-AA's play I-A's and then whine about how they don't get respect. USD hasn't even played a legit playoff team and you guys are whining about why everyone is saying you have no chance at the playoffs and are not legit. We may not get much respect from I-A schools but at least we earn our respect and don't act like it should be given to us like USD's fans and coach do.

Bascially, what I keep hearing is that no one likes San Diego because of Harbaugh and the fact the media likes him and prints what he says. What a lame reason to say San Diego isn't deserving.....who says that many of the teams ahead of San Diego are more deserving? You guys act like your teams are NFL caliber, I've seen "your" athletes and Josh Johnson would run circles around most of them...I cant wait till Josh is drafted in the first 3 rounds and everyone will use him as the I-AA poster child....LOL! Just because you have scholarships doesn't make you good - ask San Diego State....

Also, so "whining" is OK in certain circumstances huh? I'll try to find it online where and who decies its OK to "whine" - LOL!

I love the double standards from you guysxlolx

GOTOREROS

October 15th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Bascially, what I keep hearing is that no one likes San Diego because of Harbaugh...Sir, you have to read more because that is not what I have read here.

Dane96
October 15th, 2006, 08:52 PM
No, that is not what we are saying (though Harbaugh is not helping the situation when he opens his mouth). SIMPLY PUT: THE SCHEDULE IS NOT UP TO SNUFF WITH OTHER TEAMS WHO ARE AT-LARGE CANDIDATES AT THIS POINT.

Bottom line: Consider the autobids if the season finished today and consider the teams other than USD that would have a shot at one of the 8 at-large bids.

Then compare schedules. It isnt fair to the players that the AD sucked ass in his scheduling...trust me, he would have NO PROBLEM SCHEDULING GAMES...however fact is, there are teams that can fit in the final 8 spots that have as good, or just below the perfect record of USD with something that is NOT SUBJECTIVE: SOS!!!

Furthermore, I dont think the CS teams need Josh Johnson to be the poster child for CS (I-AA) football (while it would be fantastic if he got drafted). Let's give you a little lesson:

WALTER PAYTON, JERRY RICE, WAYNE CHREBET, JERRY AZHUMAH, RICH GANNON, KURT WARNER, HANK FRALEY (non-scholarship RMU), and that list goes on and on......

FargoBison
October 15th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Bascially, what I keep hearing is that no one likes San Diego because of Harbaugh and the fact the media likes him and prints what he says. What a lame reason to say San Diego isn't deserving.....who says that many of the teams ahead of San Diego are more deserving? You guys act like your teams are NFL caliber, I've seen "your" athletes and Josh Johnson would run circles around most of them...I cant wait till Josh is drafted in the first 3 rounds and everyone will use him as the I-AA poster child....LOL! Just because you have scholarships doesn't make you good - ask San Diego State....

Also, so "whining" is OK in certain circumstances huh? I'll try to find it online where and who decies its OK to "whine" - LOL!

GOTOREROS

The Bison defense would give Josh Johnson fits, too bad USD and NDSU don't play so Joe Mays and Co. could put an end to all this madness.

I almost want USD to get into the playoffs and have to face Montana, then you guys would get a lesson about just how good I-AA football is but that isn't going to happen. So at least when you do miss the playoffs because of your horrible schedule UCD will give you that lesson anyways..

Proud Griz Man
October 15th, 2006, 08:54 PM
I don't think anybody hates San Diego. Me, I'd favor expanding the playoffs to five rounds and 24 teams with the top 8 getting a first round bye. All I-AA leagues would get an automatic bid.

The problem for USD isn't fans on message boards. I'd love to see them in the playoffs to see how they'd do. The problems as I understand it are 1) the NCAA playoff committee may not see the schedule as strong enough to get them an at large bid regardless of how well they do with it and 2) they have a regular season game scheduled for the same date as the first round of the tournament.

How do you fit five rounds in before Christmas? Seems unnecessary just to accomodate six more 4-loss teams. :nonono2: The only benefit is the greedy NCAA making more money off the kids.

And nobody here hates San Diego. : smh :

October 15th, 2006, 08:58 PM
... The only benefit is the greedy NCAA making more money off the kids.The NCAA doesn't profit much if at all (despite losing some years) from the I-AA playoffs.

GOTOREROS
October 15th, 2006, 08:59 PM
The Bison defense would give Josh Johnson fits, too bad USD and NDSU don't play so Joe Mays and Co. could put an end to all this madness.

I almost want USD to get into the playoffs and have to face Montana, then you guys would get a lesson about just how good I-AA football is.

Uh, we are I-AA as much as you might not want to hear it. I too would love to make the playoffs - we might not beat whoever we would face but I bet you all would walk away with a different opinion of San Diego.

And so you know it isn't just Harbaugh talking about how good Josh Johnson is - you may not know this but Josh was nominated for the USA Today Player of the Week after the Yale game. Josh lost to Mario Manningham from Michigan. Let me know the last time someone from NDSU ever was nominated for a national award like that...feel free to pull your head out of the sand.....or snow as it may be. :D

GOTOREROS

Dane96
October 15th, 2006, 09:02 PM
You act like the people on this board are unaware of anything San Diego. I would supsect MOST voted for Josh Johnson, much like I did.

Go read the thread promoting Johnson for that award.

OrneryAggie
October 15th, 2006, 09:05 PM
I remember the past couple seasons when we GWFC fans were wishing for more participation from USD fans because nobody knew much about them. Those were the good days.

FargoBison
October 15th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Uh, we are I-AA as much as you might not want to hear it. I too would love to make the playoffs - we might not beat whoever we would face but I bet you all would walk away with a different opinion of San Diego.

And so you know it isn't just Harbaugh talking about how good Josh Johnson is - you may not know this but Josh was nominated for the USA Today Player of the Week after the Yale game. Josh lost to Mario Manningham from Michigan. Let me know the last time someone from NDSU ever was nominated for a national award like that...feel free to pull your head out of the sand.....or snow as it may be. :D

GOTOREROS

I could care less if an NDSU player ever gets a national award as long as we win. We do have some great players but we win or lose as a team. Not anyone player makes or breaks our team.

UNHWildCats
October 15th, 2006, 09:16 PM

GOTOREROS

SAN DIEGO ISN'T DESERVING BECAUSE OF THEIR WEAK BUTT (censored from other word meaning butt) SCHEDULE!

October 15th, 2006, 09:21 PM
... Let me know the last time someone from NDSU ever was nominated for a national award like that...feel free to pull your head out of the sand.....or snow as it may be. :D Easy on the smack GOT. NDSU has received many national awards GOT, geez. So has USD. BTW, NDSU plays in a nice warm dome, the best in I-AA.

Maverick
October 15th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Everybody knows you are I-AA (BTW so is Valpo!). Everybody would love to be in the playoffs, but with 8 teams receiving autobids and 8 more receiving at-large bids the numbers game is very difficult and far more complex than simply the number of wins. So with your vast experience with I-AA football how would go about selecting the 16 teams? The process currently in place began a very long time ago and has always proven to be a problem for those who didn't make the field even with a good record against very good competition. However it has always been noted that a great record against average at best competition has never risen to the level of playoff participation. Never has the fact that a game for a team that wants to be in the playoffs been scheduled during the first week of the playoffs. You never seem to want to talk about that minor detail that you can overlook in all of this talk about hating USD. By that simply fact they have never been under consideration for the playoffs. The matter that half of the teams "quality" games are also scheduled for the same weekend. Next year, schedule no NAIA or D-II games, add to the Yale, UCD level at least two other I-AA from other I-AA autobid conferences and I would include the upper level of the NEC in that same group all of these games completed by the weekend of the playoff selection and you would have a basis for discussion. Then your claims of USD "haters" and "East Coast Bias" (does that not include the BSC, GATEWAY, SLC also?), and other levels of conspiracy against the PFL may have some validity. Until then your arguments are based on self-serving specious reasoning. Though I can see the value of this "controversy" is primarily to help USD make a case for adding athletic scholarships, moving to a new conference, and any other things they can get to upgrade the program.

Pard4Life
October 15th, 2006, 10:48 PM
Every time I read a San Diego thread, I feel as if I am sitting through a therapy session... :rotateh:

siugrad99
October 15th, 2006, 10:48 PM
This is silly. If you were in a conference such as the A10, Big Sky, Great West or Gateway you have 2-3 losses easy. Fact is you are in the little sisters of the poor conference and any of the top 20 teams in 1AA could go undefeated with your schedule, but I don't believe the same could be said if you were in the Gateway. Easy to beat up on bad competition week in and week out, different when each week is a battle. One day you'll see what the rest of us do. You've got a solid team, but don't run your mouth about how great you are when the best you can claim is Yale.

Jackluv
October 15th, 2006, 11:27 PM
im gonna laugh when USD gets murdered by UC DAVIS lol

*laughing in MIAMITORERO's face*

Proud Griz Man
October 15th, 2006, 11:28 PM
The NCAA doesn't profit much if at all (despite losing some years) from the I-AA playoffs.

Interesting. :nod:
Then why expand the playoffs from 16 to 24 (lower attendence schools will host games and lose more money for the whole system)?. It seems you made my case, for me. PM me if I am missing some other important point about the I-AA playoffs. xcoffeex

Stang Fever
October 15th, 2006, 11:41 PM
I dont hate on USD just there football schedule. cause I think the school is great.

X-Factor
October 15th, 2006, 11:56 PM
How about you guys shut up untill you play UC Davis. If you beat them then come back and talk and you will have everyones respect. Way to many USD topics lately over a moot subject...

OldAggieAlum
October 16th, 2006, 01:58 AM
For future reference, the GWFC schools struggle to fill their schedule and would welcome a chance to play USD, which for most of them is much closer than going cross country for a game.

Mustang Man
October 16th, 2006, 03:14 AM
That Davis game can't come soon enough.

AppGuy04
October 16th, 2006, 07:29 AM

or too latexlolx

Bobcat in NC
October 16th, 2006, 08:09 AM
(While reading this, bear in mind that I'm a big USD fan - so I'm not "hating". Lived in SD for 8 years and always respected their basketball program - I mean, who doesn't love the Jenny Craig Pavillion? Unfortunately, had to leave before their football program got real good)

NCAA Selection Commitee Member: Mr. Harbaugh, your insane ravings have been heard. Everyone involved agreed that your team so thoroughly dominated your advanced high school schedule that you deserved a reward.
Jimmy: Darn tootin we did!
NCAA Selection Commitee Member: So, your final regular season game has been cancelled...
Jimmy: We would have won 70-0, anyway.
NCAA Selection Commitee Member: As I was saying, that game has been cancelled and you're going to the playoffs!
Jimmy: That's what I'm talking about! We'll dominate!
NCAA Selection Commitee Member: Yeah. We figured that everything had been too easy for you, playing in 70 degree weather in front of massive crowds of 6,000. Pack a coat, knucklehead. You're going to Missoula.
Jimmy: Noooooooooooooooooooo...

Careful what you ask for, Toreros.

mlbowl
October 16th, 2006, 08:37 AM
So keep hating and disrespecting our team but we dont care what you think about us...

Why start ANOTHER thread???

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2006, 09:30 AM
Why start ANOTHER thread???

exactly. can we place a ban on USD threads until the week of the UC Davis game?

GOTOREROS
October 16th, 2006, 10:28 AM
exactly. can we place a ban on USD threads until the week of the UC Davis game?

Yeah that would be a great move. You may not like what San Diego is doing so let's "ban" them. That's what America is all about right? If you don't like what someone says, CENSOR them.....too much San Diego talk? Go ahead and lock down all the threads and get rid of them....

Guys like Pat Tillman gave up there lives so you could ban free speech right? Amazing response....what are we in the Soviet Union now? Just because it bothers you that San Diego fans are making noise? Can't just let it go, you have to "ban" us - LOL!

GOTOREROS

GrizzlyEdd
October 16th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Best thing you can do Sir is to grit your teeth, smile politely, and let your team do the talking. You are not going to get much respect on here until your team gets the chance to show its stuff against some top 15 I-AA teams. Then you get respect..... well sometimes..... just as some of us who have been here in the top 15 a while... sometimes ya just can't get past that East Coast Bias..... JOKE JOKE JOKE.... :D... just kidding guys really.... hahahhahaxlolx

Maverick
October 16th, 2006, 10:32 AM
As Ron White once said,
I had the right to remain silent, but I did not have the ability.

This explains why there are those here who seem hell-bent on self-incrimination based on the choices to ignore the basic facts of the matters regarding USD and their "eligibility" for the playoffs. The straw man for USD to get their program upgraded has been the fact that they have been screwed out of the playoffs by the "old guard", East Coast Conspiracy, USD haters, etc. No mention of the AD and FB coach scheduling for this year. I don't hate USD or the USD football program. I hate it when the basic facts are ignored to support an "opinion" parading as fact!! Some posters for USD here have gotten that message and do not post such drivel any more. Please post all of your support for USD here but do expect that when your "opinions" are challenged based on the facts you will not be given a free pass.

putter
October 16th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Best thing you can do Sir is to grit your teeth, smile politely, and let your team do the talking. You are not going to get much respect on here until your team gets the chance to show its stuff against some top 15 I-AA teams. Then you get respect..... well sometimes..... just as some of us who have been here in the top 15 a while... sometimes ya just can't get past that East Coast Bias..... JOKE JOKE JOKE.... :D... just kidding guys really.... hahahhahaxlolx

Exactly, I have been ranking USD in my AGS poll since last year because I think they are a quality program. Next year they better step up and have UC Davis and Cal Poly on the schedule in September or early October. They do that and win and playoff talk will be legitimate. Also, I think what happened to Hampton last year just hurts their cause/arguments.

dbackjon
October 16th, 2006, 10:56 AM

No kidding.

mlbowl
October 16th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Go ahead and lock down all the threads and get rid of them....

GOTOREROS

Not what anybody was saying.....Don't make a comment (MiamiTorrero) like "we dont care what you think about us" as you're starting the 1000th thread on the subject:rolleyes:

cosmo here
October 16th, 2006, 11:17 AM
Yeah that would be a great move. You may not like what San Diego is doing so let's "ban" them. That's what America is all about right? If you don't like what someone says, CENSOR them.....too much San Diego talk? Go ahead and lock down all the threads and get rid of them....

Guys like Pat Tillman gave up there lives so you could ban free speech right? Amazing response....what are we in the Soviet Union now? Just because it bothers you that San Diego fans are making noise? Can't just let it go, you have to "ban" us - LOL!

GOTOREROS

Regardless of what you might think, Pat Tillman, and our other servicemen and women, did not die for your right to talk about San Diego football. I hope that was a throwaway line that you said out of frustration, because if not, it's a terribly disappointing way to look at this subject.

USDFAN_55
October 16th, 2006, 11:33 AM
I am a very loyal USD fan, but I am also realistic. USD will not, and does not deserve the play-offs this year. If they continue their ways nexyt year with at least 2 legit I-AA teams we can talk then. These threads are getting really old. I came on here to talk intelligent football, and all I see is a bunch of non-sense. Reality is what it is.... USD does have a very good team, but their schedule (among other things) will not allow them into the playoffs. I'm just glad to see a once mediocre USD step up it's game and win.

AppGuy04
October 16th, 2006, 11:37 AM
I am a very loyal USD fan, but I am also realistic. USD will not, and does not deserve the play-offs this year. If they continue their ways nexyt year with at least 2 legit I-AA teams we can talk then. These threads are getting really old. I came on here to talk intelligent football, and all I see is a bunch of non-sense. Reality is what it is.... USD does have a very good team, but their schedule (among other things) will not allow them into the playoffs. I'm just glad to see a once mediocre USD step up it's game and win.

My first USD applause:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

Dane96
October 16th, 2006, 11:58 AM
Here, here USD 55...well stated!!!

Death Dealer
October 16th, 2006, 12:13 PM
I think we have beaten this horse enough. Hell, we beat it, shot it, buried it, dug the damn thing up and beat it again.....it's getting kinda smelly. Please stop posting the same damn thread over and over and over again. I am gald to see you are so fond of your team, but geez, how many different variations on the same thread can you guys come up with? It is getting very tired.xcoffeex

Good luck with the rest of you schedule. Come back next year with a tougher one, and get the same results and you will have an argument.

Please post about something else now.....maybe a retrospective on USD history....I'd like to know more about the program than just that you want to be in the playoffs this year.....I promise that message has been delivered.:bang:

Torero Tradition
October 16th, 2006, 11:52 PM
The University of San Diego is a Catholic institution of higher learning chartered in 1949. The school enrolls more than 7,000 students and is known for its commitment to teaching, the liberal arts, the formation of values and community service.

Located on 180 acres overlooking the city of San Diego, Mission Bay and the Pacific Ocean, the university campus is a community treasure, with Spanish Renaissance- inspired buildings and breathtakingly beautiful landscapes.

USD offers more than 60 bachelor's, master's and doctoral degrees. The university adds depth to education by inspiring students to grow spiritually, morally and socially.

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2006, 12:03 AM
USD is a catholic school? I never knew that. :eek:

Torero Tradition
October 17th, 2006, 12:09 AM
USD is a catholic school? I never knew that. :eek:
It is also a private school...

Notre Dame of the West... and Harvard of the West :rotateh:

Catholic Identity
The University of San Diego is a Roman Catholic institution, founded by the Most Reverend Charles F. Buddy, first bishop of the Diocese of San Diego, and Mother Rosalie Hill, superior vicar of the Society of the Sacred Heart.

The university is committed to advancing academic excellence, expanding liberal and professional knowledge, creating a diverse and inclusive community, and preparing leaders dedicated to ethical conduct and compassionate service.

This mission is grounded in Catholic social teachings, a tradition of thought and action that affirms the Church’s commitment to work for a just and peaceful society. Students are encouraged to explore how faith and reason are compatible in education, and to develop strong moral convictions.

The university welcomes students, faculty and staff of all faiths, and believes all people benefit from the examination of other traditions.

89Hen
October 17th, 2006, 08:11 AM
The University of San Diego is a Catholic institution
:bang: You had to tell me that. Now I have to take back everything bad I've said about USD fans, coaches and admins.

DUPFLFan
October 17th, 2006, 08:38 AM
I'll add one thing - USD is one of the more beautiful campuses that I have seen.

BigApp
October 17th, 2006, 11:01 AM
Every time I read a San Diego thread, I feel as if I am sitting through a therapy session... :rotateh:

roflmfao!:dizzy: