PDA

View Full Version : Someone asked in a thread if Rob Ambrose had an earring

UIWWildthing
January 6th, 2014, 12:35 PM
Well, here's your answer:
http://www.wbaltv.com/news/sports/towson-football-coach-gets-ear-pierced-for/-/9379464/23767750/-/a7xr5fz/-/index.html

Twentysix
January 6th, 2014, 12:36 PM
It was already covered in detail.

UIWWildthing
January 6th, 2014, 01:06 PM
It was already covered in detail.
I missed it, sorry about that.

Hammerhead
January 6th, 2014, 02:12 PM
One of the all-time greatest sports quotes.

Torrin Polk, University of Houston receiver, on his coach, Joint Jenkins: "He treats us like men. He lets us wear earrings."

Civil06
January 6th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Ambrose seems like a really likeable dude. I'd bet Towson has some really good days ahead.

stevdock
January 6th, 2014, 03:50 PM
Ambrose seems like a really likeable dude. I'd bet Towson has some really good days ahead.

Serious question: How long is he going to stay?? We got really lucky with Coach Bohl staying as long as he did. Coach Ambrose knows what he is doing and seems like he will keep working to get better every single day.

UIWWildthing
January 6th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Serious question: How long is he going to stay?? We got really lucky with Coach Bohl staying as long as he did. Coach Ambrose knows what he is doing and seems like he will keep working to get better every single day.
I hope for a few more years. He's a Towson alum, but I don't know how that will play into him staying long term.

Wallace
January 6th, 2014, 10:24 PM
I missed it, sorry about that.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?150589-GDT-North-Dakota-State-Bison-vs-Towson-Tigers-Frisco-TX-Jan-4-2014&p=2084575&viewfull=1#post2084575 was what I posted

achrist70
January 6th, 2014, 11:00 PM
I really enjoyed the keeping the promise to the players, so hopefully they will keep their promises later on in life.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2014, 01:34 AM
On the plane flight back from Spokane, WA., Rob Ambrose wandered back to the area of the plane where I was sitting and started quizzing several players (Eric Pike, Jordan Love, Tye Smith, among others) about what exactly he had to do and which ear he needed to pierce, per the bet that he would get his ear pierced if his team reached the championship game. It was quite funny, the exchange that was going on. Love and Smith insisted that Ambrose was suppose to get both ears pierced, but he insisted it was just one. I doubt that the ear ring is going to stay in for long. Good thing about ear piercings is they will close back up if you don't keep an ear ring in (don't have personal experience with that, for those who might be wondering).

superman7515
January 7th, 2014, 08:49 AM
Good thing about ear piercings is they will close back up if you don't keep an ear ring in (don't have personal experience with that, for those who might be wondering).

Have several, haven't put one in my ear in years though (probably 7-8 years) and they're still open.

Mr. C
January 7th, 2014, 04:29 PM
You have any pictures, Supe?

MR. CHICKEN
January 7th, 2014, 04:37 PM
18749………...DID YOURS……DANGLE?………HOOPS/PRECIOUS STONES…xconfusedx…..AWQ!

superman7515
January 7th, 2014, 07:37 PM
You have any pictures, Supe?

Pictures of my ears? Haha. Sorry, you'll just have to trust me on that one until you make a UD game next year. I think the biggest difference is, his was pierced for probably a week, whereas I had mine for several years, so he's probably in good shape for them closing up in a hurry. They used to tell you not to take them out for any longer than to clean them for the first 30 days.

DID YOURS……DANGLE?………HOOPS/PRECIOUS STONES…xconfusedx…..AWQ!

Never went with the precious stones, didn't really feel like spending that much money on studs, but I did have a few hoops. Small stuff like... http://www.jewelry-by-anixi.com/images/sterling%20silver%20earrings%20e198.jpg

Mr. C
January 7th, 2014, 10:04 PM
Pictures of my ears? Haha. Sorry, you'll just have to trust me on that one until you make a UD game next year. I think the biggest difference is, his was pierced for probably a week, whereas I had mine for several years, so he's probably in good shape for them closing up in a hurry. They used to tell you not to take them out for any longer than to clean them for the first 30 days.

Never went with the precious stones, didn't really feel like spending that much money on studs, but I did have a few hoops. Small stuff like... http://www.jewelry-by-anixi.com/images/sterling%20silver%20earrings%20e198.jpg
Does Mr. Chicken have pierced ears, or beaks?

Supe, I was at three Delaware games last season (about like most years). Look me up next season (or at the spring game) and bring Mr. Chicken with you.