23: Charleston Southern Buccaneers
24: Southern Utah Thunderbirds
25: William & Mary Tribe

Lehigh'98
January 6th, 2014, 11:57 AM
UNH>> CCU Owl

UNHFootballAlum
January 6th, 2014, 12:02 PM
No respect for UNH in this final poll. They beat 2 ranked and seeded teams on the road

BisonBacker
January 6th, 2014, 12:13 PM
No respect for UNH in this final poll. They beat 2 ranked and seeded teams on the road

??You are ranked 5th in the poll how is that no respect?

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 6th, 2014, 12:22 PM

I agree..

It depends on how much weight you put on the playoffs. UNH was still a 5 loss team that rode a hot hand late. I still like what CCU and Fordham did throughout the season more.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 6th, 2014, 12:27 PM
I agree..

It depends on how much weight you put on the playoffs. UNH was still a 5 loss team that rode a hot hand late. I still like what CCU and Fordham did throughout the season more.

I had them at 5. I gave EIU the nod over them but gave them credit for making it to the semis.

ngineer
January 6th, 2014, 12:27 PM

Yes, I agree. I ranked UNH #4 and think being ranked 5th is pretty good respect. IMO, you can throw a blanket over #2-10 and mix them up anyway you want.

UNH Fanboi
January 6th, 2014, 12:31 PM

5 seems fair given the drubbing by NDSU.

Twentysix
January 6th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Throughly disappointed that UND didn't get at least a few #1 votes.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 6th, 2014, 12:43 PM

Well, according to some of their fans over on ss.com, they just over took the Bison with Bubba now....xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
January 6th, 2014, 12:43 PM
I said this earlier in the season and it's more true now. NDSU is too low.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 6th, 2014, 12:45 PM
UNH>> CCU Owl

I thought CCU had a very impressive season. They won the Big South, beat Furman in the regular season, had 1 regular season FCS loss, beat SCSU in playoffs then went to Missoula and beat the Griz in the coldest game in playoff history. Their season ended in Fargo like everyone else's would.

Mattymc727
January 6th, 2014, 12:54 PM
UNH at 5 is plenty of respect. Who would you even put them ahead of? UNH had the EASIEST route to the semifinals out of any team, IMO. Which is exactly why i won two of the post season pick'em competitions. UNH had to beat a team without a winning record at home, get on a bus for 2 hours and beat a team they already beat, and then beat a team in Louisiana that had zero playoff experience.

As others said on the UNH forums. The 2013 UNH football team doesnt even rank in the top 5 UNH teams of all time, and we still made it to the semis for the first time.

Next year UNH will be very good.

GoAgs72
January 6th, 2014, 12:55 PM

At least FCS voters no longer seem to confuse the two. It was never a problem for me since UC Davis has been well aware of NDSU and UND going back to DII days.

Bisonator
January 6th, 2014, 01:31 PM

Huh?? Where do you think they should be???xeyebrowx

semobison
January 6th, 2014, 01:59 PM

Come on 26, why even bring this up?

Twentysix
January 6th, 2014, 02:49 PM
Come on 26, why even bring this up?

Because I have a sense of humor ;)

Twentysix
January 6th, 2014, 02:51 PM
At least FCS voters no longer seem to confuse the two. It was never a problem for me since UC Davis has been well aware of NDSU and UND going back to DII days.

This guy gets it.

WrenFGun
January 6th, 2014, 03:21 PM
I think UNH at #5 is fine. I actually could see a pretty good argument about CCU being voted in front of them, and certainly EIU (who almost beat Towson).

I don't really see any reason why you'd vote Fordham in front of them, though. They had a pretty tough time with Sacred Heart and then got whalopped by Towson, as most did. They also lost to Lafayette, who UNH destroyed. I'd say 5 was UNH's absolute ceiling, so I can't argue with that.

BEAR
January 6th, 2014, 03:30 PM
I'd rank UCA higher than 36. With 20 injuries, 10 season ending, they were still able to pull a 7-5 record. Probably the most deceptive record I've seen in a while for a team able to adjust with what they had left and get hot toward the end of the year. But 36, 15...I guess it doesn't matter for this year.

Now next year..... xbowx

UNHFootballAlum
January 6th, 2014, 04:34 PM
We did not have a hot hand late. We won 9 of our last 11 games and 7 in a row. How often does a team that made it to the semis, end up outside of the top 4?

- - - Updated - - -

I agree..

You have UNH ranked 7th in your poll, that is not disrespect after making it to the final 4

Bisonator
January 6th, 2014, 05:37 PM
We did not have a hot hand late. We won 9 of our last 11 games and 7 in a row. How often does a team that made it to the semis, end up outside of the top 4?

- - - Updated - - -

You have UNH ranked 7th in your poll, that is not disrespect after making it to the final 4

Where was UNH ranked prior to the playoffs? You think they should leap frog EWU and EIU just because they were on the other side of the bracket and lost to a seeded team?

JoltinJoe
January 6th, 2014, 06:36 PM
I think UNH at #5 is fine. I actually could see a pretty good argument about CCU being voted in front of them, and certainly EIU (who almost beat Towson).

I don't really see any reason why you'd vote Fordham in front of them, though. They had a pretty tough time with Sacred Heart and then got whalopped by Towson, as most did. They also lost to Lafayette, who UNH destroyed. I'd say 5 was UNH's absolute ceiling, so I can't argue with that.

Fordham didn't get walloped by Towson. Towson had 60 more total yards, a difference which usually translates into a 7-10 point win. Fordham made mistakes and took costly penalties in the red zone and Towson punished them for those mistakes. Three times into the red zone with no points. The game could have been closer at the end. Towson was probably 7-10 points better on a typical day.

We are a young team with virtually everyone returning. I don't think we will be as mistake prone next year as we were this year. We made mistakes all season and got away with them. Towson was too good to get away with those mistakes.

The loss to Lafayette came without Nebrich, who sat out that game due to injury. The only team which beat Fordham this year when the Rams were at full strength was the national runner-up.

Tribal
January 6th, 2014, 08:17 PM
How is NAU not ranked higher than NDSU? When dbackjon gets wind of this, y'all will pay...paaaaaaaaaay!!!

#articcirclebias

Fear the Bird
January 6th, 2014, 10:53 PM
How is NAU not ranked higher than NDSU? When dbackjon gets wind of this, y'all will pay...paaaaaaaaaay!!!

#articcirclebias

Pall jokes aside I have been with dback all year it is a complete joke you guys continue to vote Montana ahead of NAU

SIUSalukiFan
January 6th, 2014, 11:13 PM
The joke in this poll is Chattanooga not being in the top three.