PDA

View Full Version : OK PLers--Who's the Cream of the Ivy?

ngineer
October 15th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Now that the Ivy has had their way with us this year and most of us have had the opportunity, unfortunately, to see the top four how would you rank them?
I rank it Harvard, Princeton, Yale and Penn. But acknowledge I haven't seen Penn, but just read of their games. Harvard has the most balance. Run/pass and significant size--I never recall seeing so many tall players. Princeton I place slightly ahead of Yale because of the QB--though Yale's McLeod is for real. Yale's kicking game is weak.
So what you think?

blukeys
October 15th, 2006, 07:19 PM
So what you think?

I think PL teams should only schedule Dartmouth!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Sorry I couldn't resist. I will now go and sit in the corner!!!!!!!:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

AppGuy04
October 15th, 2006, 07:21 PM
Harvard easily

cosmo here
October 15th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Having seen all four, I'd rank them relative to each other:

Harvard (10), Princeton (8), Penn (7), Yale (5)

justballn21
October 15th, 2006, 07:26 PM
only if you guys keep playing albany.... sorry i couldn't resist xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

LeopardFan04
October 15th, 2006, 10:27 PM
I haven't seen Harvard (wasn't home to watch, and didn't tape it...)
Saw the Princeton game on TV and saw Penn and Yale is person...

I'd say:
Harvard
Princeton (although this is close)
Penn
Yale (these two are closer than most people think too, IMO...)

The Leopards should've beaten Penn...and could've beaten Yale too...the other two are above and beyond where we stand right now in my opinion...

Pard4Life
October 15th, 2006, 10:43 PM
only if you guys keep playing albany.... sorry i couldn't resist xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Wow, a winning season for the first time since the Gordie Lockbaum era and the Crusader jokers are coming out of the closet... I love it..

..well I shouldn't speak so suddenly.. they can still drop four straight and go 5-6 :rolleyes:

You lost to Harvard too so why brag?

cosmo here
October 15th, 2006, 10:50 PM
I haven't seen Harvard (wasn't home to watch, and didn't tape it...)
Saw the Princeton game on TV and saw Penn and Yale is person...

I'd say:
Harvard
Princeton (although this is close)
Penn
Yale (these two are closer than most people think too, IMO...)

The Leopards should've beaten Penn...and could've beaten Yale too...the other two are above and beyond where we stand right now in my opinion...

I think "should have" beat Yale and "could have" beat Penn . . damn turnovers against the Eli. IMO Penn was very good, particularly better than Yale at QB and DL, and closer to Princeton than Yale.

LeopardFan04
October 15th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Yeah, it could probably go either way on both of them...I still think we had a better shot at Penn...given the blocked/missed fgs and a couple of other random plays...

Husky Alum
October 16th, 2006, 12:03 PM
Wow, a winning season for the first time since the Gordie Lockbaum era and the Crusader jokers are coming out of the closet... I love it..

..well I shouldn't speak so suddenly.. they can still drop four straight and go 5-6 :rolleyes:

Holy Cross lost to Northeastern at Home.

I don't want to hear any smack talk from people who went to college in Worcester because the folks in Chestnut Hill didn't like them.

Pard4Life
October 16th, 2006, 12:13 PM
Holy Cross lost to Northeastern at Home.

I don't want to hear any smack talk from people who went to college in Worcester because the folks in Chestnut Hill didn't like them.

xlolx ...and they were treated to "Sorry, you're too little now, you can't play with the big boys like us anymore".. yeah I'm getting beef for that one.. :rolleyes:

justballn21
October 16th, 2006, 01:17 PM

actually our last winning season before last year was 2000. the game this weekends gooing to be a good one pard. god luck.