GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Mountaineer#96
October 15th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Wofford will beat Elon

LarryBoy
October 15th, 2006, 06:08 PM
App 31
GSU 10
--It would be nice for App to drop one here, but I think I would rather have GSU out of the playoff picture, instead of building on a huge rally-cry victory.

Furman 27
Chatt 21
--I don't expect Furman to blow out anyone the rest of the year. But Renaldo will probably be back in some fashion this time, so I'm (pretty) confident we can come out on top.

Elon 17
Wofford 14
--This could go either way. I think Elon will pull out a squeaker and gain even more respectability.

Citadel 23
Western 13
--It's in Charleston, right? Not looking good for the Catamounts. They could use a healthy defense, and it will show here, again.

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 15th, 2006, 06:24 PM
App State-24
Ga.Southern-14

Chattanooga-21
Furman-30

Wofford-14
Elon-23

WCU-14
Citadel-27
(long ride home again:( )

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

App at GSU - this is a rivalry game, it doesn't matter who's the better team...as for the intangibles, I think the team hasn't given up the outside chance that we could win out and make the playoffs. Also, App State won in our last meeting. If our offense shows up with the intensity that we had in the last quarter of the Elon game, ASU will be in for a heck of a fight.
GSU - 31
ASU - 27

Furman and Chatty - Furman bounces back after having a tough time with Coastal and Citadel.
Furman - 38
Chatty - 21

Wofford - 28
Elon - 14

WCU - 17
Citadel - 7

PaladinFan
October 15th, 2006, 06:35 PM
Appalachian State at Georgia Southern: I'd love to see ASU drop a game here. It's a long drive down from Boone to Statesboro. Georgia Southern has shown flashes of good things. However, App. seems just too strong this year. App. State 31-GSU 17.

Chattanooga at Furman: It's been a long time since the Mocs gave the Paladins a good game. Furman ran all over them last year. With Gray back in the lineup, I don't see how UTC can hold back the flood gates. Furman 27-UTC 17

Wofford at Elon: Terriers need a win. They've played a lot of close games and deserve one. Enter Elon. Terriers 24- Phoenix 14

WCU at Citadel: WCU seems to have packed it in. Citadel played tough against Furman and they are much better in Charleston. Citadel 24- WCU 13

catamount man
October 15th, 2006, 06:45 PM
Appalachian State at Georgia Southern:
WCU at Citadel[/B]: WCU seems to have packed it in. Citadel played tough against Furman and they are much better in Charleston. Citadel 24- WCU 13

No, we HAVEN'T packed it in. In fact, other than Elon and you guys, we've fought to the bitter end and that's what's made this year so tough to take. Ask UTC if we packed it in? Sorry man, that statement hit a nerve.:mad:

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

catamount man
October 15th, 2006, 06:47 PM
App at GSU - this is a rivalry game, it doesn't matter who's the better team...as for the intangibles, I think the team hasn't given up the outside chance that we could win out and make the playoffs. Also, App State won in our last meeting. If our offense shows up with the intensity that we had in the last quarter of the Elon game, ASU will be in for a heck of a fight.
GSU - 31
ASU - 27

Furman and Chatty - Furman bounces back after having a tough time with Coastal and Citadel.
Furman - 38
Chatty - 21

Wofford - 28
Elon - 14

WCU - 17
Citadel - 7

Can't believe you picked us to win. As far as your game with ASU, hey, wouldn't hurt me one bit if you beat them.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

PaladinFan
October 15th, 2006, 08:39 PM
No, we HAVEN'T packed it in. In fact, other than Elon and you guys, we've fought to the bitter end and that's what's made this year so tough to take. Ask UTC if we packed it in? Sorry man, that statement hit a nerve.:mad:

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Sorry, no offense intended.

matfu
October 15th, 2006, 09:24 PM
fu over utc

citadel over western

elon over wofford

app state over ga southern

ButlerGSU
October 15th, 2006, 09:32 PM
fu over utc

citadel over western

elon over wofford

app state over ga southern

I think Wofford will beat Elon. Wofford has lost some games but to some very good teams.

Death Dealer
October 15th, 2006, 09:52 PM
App St. at Georgia Southern: I see this being the game of the week.....anything could happen. If it weren't Homecoming in G'vegas I would almost be tempted to make the long drive south to see a battle between the dethroned Kings of the SOCON and the newly risen Kings (both of whom I hope will soon fall victim to a knightly uprising):D . But I have to go with the consensus and pick ASU in a close one.

Chatty at Furman: It's homecoming, huge crowd, the stars are aligned, we win big, I hope. But I'm not taking anything for granted this season.

WCU at the Citadel: The bellhops are steaming over this past Saturday....they are looking to take it out on someone....and I'm afraid that is going to be the Cats.....El Cid by a couple of touchdowns.

Wofford at Elon: This one is tough. Elon is at home and looking to gain a little more respect....a victory over the terriers would do just that....But Wofford held the mighty Appies to a meer 14 points! Totally winging it here: Elon in OT by 3.

ChiefGSU275
October 16th, 2006, 06:25 AM
I think the only chance that GSU stands lies in the fact that it's homecoming and we won last week. However, I know that App is probably a MUCH better team at this point.

PaladinFan
October 16th, 2006, 06:29 AM
I believe that the GSU offense and the Appalachian defense will show up this week no questions asked. The game will be decided on whether or not GSU's defense shows up or App's offense decided to make the trip.

OL FU
October 16th, 2006, 08:04 AM
ASU at GSU - I don't think there is much doubt that ASU is probably the class of the SoCon this year. However, GSU has potential if they can put it together for a game this year. It is a good measuring stick for ASU by comparing the NDSU game. However, it is not comparable point by point since NDSU is a rival. Close game - ASU by less than a touchdown.

Chatt at Furman - This one ends up closer than it should be

Furman by 10

WCU at Citadel - Citadel by less than ten

Wofford at Elon - Wofford by 3

B&G
October 16th, 2006, 09:37 AM
App St 35 GSU 19--- I don't see this one being as close as other people are saying. Then again, I'm also a homer. But I think App will learn a lot from their squeaker last week and GSU will prove to be inconsistant.

Furman 40 'Nooga 21--- I like Furman to open a can on the Train Birds. Felton should score about 3 td's to break Ivory's team record.

Citadel 26 WCU 17--- I think WCU will show a lot of heart and keep this close until El Cid scored a late TD to ice it.

Wofford 20 Elon 14--- Sure, Elon could pull this one off... but I just don't see it.

walliver
October 16th, 2006, 10:25 AM
ASU at GSU - It's a rivalry game and played in Statesboro. But, ASU has their game together and GSU is still erratic. We will find out how good BVG is this week. GSU could keep it close, but a few early ASU scores and it could get ugly. ASU 35-12 (GSU misses both PATS)

WCU at Citadel - Citadel has lost two games in a row they had chances to win late. I don't see it happening three times in a row. Citadel 24 WCU 14

Chattanooga at Furman - The Trainbirds started out hot but have lost the momentum. Furman has struggled the last two games, but I expect them to bounce back this week. FU 42 Chattanooga 20.

Wofford at Elon - Wofford has had trouble with Elon the last several years (won all of them but they have all been close). Our offense has struggled with unimaginative play-calling. I expect a defensive struggle. WC 10 Elon 7.

I also predict that if ASU wins by 20 points or more, that tscsports.com will have it server overloaded.

MarkCCU
October 16th, 2006, 10:28 AM
AppSTate, Furman, Wofford and El Cid should have one more "W" in the colum this time next week

fuEMO
October 16th, 2006, 10:34 AM
My gut is telling me to with the home teams this week. Paulson can be a magical place I will never be confident going in there to play the Eagles.

Western should have beaten Chattanooga, bad. Some questionable playcalling and missed scoring opportunities have to leave the Cats scratching their heads. But I think they are going to run into a team that is only going to get better… The Citadel. I might be crazy for saying this but APP is lucky they are playing The Citadel at the Rock.

I expect Furman to hold Renaldo out. I think its the smart thing to do. Jordan shined in the first half against Citadel's stack the box, man coverage scheme. Then he throws a pick and BL makes the offense run and hide. If BL takes the foot off the brake for an entire game. It will get ugly. Also get the dang ball to Webb, he could be the best young receiver in the SoCon since Randy Moss.

One more time. Bobby do not play Gray. A healthy Gray in Boone is a must.

Appdad
October 16th, 2006, 12:21 PM
My gut is telling me to with the home teams this week. Paulson can be a magical place I will never be confident going in there to play the Eagles.

Western should have beaten Chattanooga, bad. Some questionable playcalling and missed scoring opportunities have to leave the Cats scratching their heads. But I think they are going to run into a team that is only going to get better… The Citadel. I might be crazy for saying this but APP is lucky they are playing The Citadel at the Rock.

I expect Furman to hold Renaldo out. I think its the smart thing to do. Jordan shined in the first half against Citadel's stack the box, man coverage scheme. Then he throws a pick and BL makes the offense run and hide. If BL takes the foot off the brake for an entire game. It will get ugly. Also get the dang ball to Webb, he could be the best young receiver in the SoCon since Randy Moss.

One more time. Bobby do not play Gray. A healthy Gray in Boone is a must.

And we will be hoping for a "rusty gray" :)

PaladinFan
October 16th, 2006, 01:05 PM
ASU will have to prepare for two quarterbacks with completely different styles. Sounds like Gray is healthy, so he will most likely play some in the game on Saturday to stay sharp.

I expect UTC to do what everyone else does, put 8 in the middle and force us to throw. I may be a homer, but I think Furman has the best corps of receivers in the SoCon (not the best individuals, though). Hopefully we can start exploiting this "Must stop Felton" defense everyone is now running.

Seven Would Be Nice
October 16th, 2006, 02:15 PM
GSU could keep it close, but a few early ASU scores and it could get ugly. ASU 35-12 (GSU misses both PATS).

We're getting better about that!!!xlolx xlolx

Baldy
October 16th, 2006, 02:39 PM
A below average Wofford defense had Edwards clueless in Boone last Saturday. We'll see how he does in his first real road test against the 3rd best D in the SoCon with a very inhospitable crowd.

Pack your lunch.... :nod:

Death Dealer
October 16th, 2006, 02:41 PM
A below average Wofford defense had Edwards clueless in Boone last Saturday. We'll see how he does in his first real road test against the 3rd best D in the SoCon with a very inhospitable crowd.

You may be right Baldy. But I'm not sure Wofford's D is below average. As much crap as I love to give the terrierables, I think their D this year is at least average.xlolx

PaladinFan
October 16th, 2006, 02:46 PM
However, it seemed every pass Furman completed against them there was no on within shouting distance.

Baldy
October 16th, 2006, 02:53 PM
You may be right Baldy. But I'm not sure Wofford's D is below average. As much crap as I love to give the terrierables, I think their D this year is at least average.xlolx
xlolx

I'm still trying to understand how our D is 3rd. To me it seems our D is our achilles heel. The D did shut the Fighting Christians out in the 2nd half and held them to about 120 yards, we're coming along.

PaladinFan
October 16th, 2006, 03:23 PM
xlolx

I'm still trying to understand how our D is 3rd. To me it seems our D is our achilles heel. The D did shut the Fighting Christians out in the 2nd half and held them to about 120 yards, we're coming along.

You haven't played the two best offenses :smiley_wi

Baldy
October 16th, 2006, 03:41 PM
You haven't played the two best offenses :smiley_wi
If we can duplicate what Wofford did defensively to Appy, we'll be OK.

BTW, our defense goes up against the #2 offense in the SoCon everyday in practice. :thumbsup: ;)

http://www.soconsports.com/fls/4000/SoCon/stats/Football/2006/confldrs.htm

Death Dealer
October 16th, 2006, 03:52 PM
FIELD GOALS G Made Att Pct
--------------------------------------------
1. Appalachian State... 7 4 5 .800
2. Chattanooga......... 7 4 6 .667
3. Elon................ 6 5 8 .625
The Citadel......... 6 5 8 .625
5. Wofford............. 6 5 9 .556
6. Western Carolina.... 6 4 8 .500
Georgia Southern.... 6 4 8 .500
8. Furman.............. 7 2 6 .333
:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: I predict more trouble ahead for us based on this.: smh :

Baldy
October 16th, 2006, 04:11 PM
:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: I predict more trouble ahead for us based on this.: smh :
Never underestimate the kicking game. It has cost us two games this season.

Saint3333
October 16th, 2006, 05:15 PM
I may be a homer, but I think Furman has the best corps of receivers in the SoCon (not the best individuals, though).

Get behind ASU is this category (although they did drop an irregular amount of balls last week):

Mayfield (converted LB, 6'2" 220lbs.)
Dex Jackson
TJ Courman
Josh Johnson (Fr. #1 WR in NC last year)
James Hill (transfer from RI, not getting enough touches)
Hans

Throw in Bettis (the best TE in the SoCon isn't being utilized enough) and Richardson

Only problem is there just aren't enough balls to go around.

asu70
October 16th, 2006, 06:11 PM

It wasn't Edwards fault on offense....... he had 132 yards passing and 91yds. rushing..... several passes on target with two that would have been TDs. We had a lot of offensive yardage but turnovers and dropped passes stoped several other scores.

chattanoogamocs
October 16th, 2006, 07:21 PM

Kicking has been critical for UC...of the Mocs 4 fg's, two were game winners (WCU in OT and GSU with 3 seconds left)

...and one of the misses would have have tied at the Citadel (with less than 30 seconds left).

GsuEagle24
October 16th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Kickers are underated...but u dont know how important they are until you dont have a good one :bang:

B&G
October 16th, 2006, 09:49 PM
So many games are won or lost by a kicker. I don't see how a school can justify not having one who is reliable. They would rather have an 8th string LB instead.

FUwolfpacker
October 16th, 2006, 10:24 PM
Josh Johnson (Fr. #1 WR in NC last year)

Ok, I know ASU loves Josh, but he wasn't the #1 WR in NC last year. You can make an arugment for him though b/c last year was an AWFUL year for WR's in North Carolina, and there just weren't that many DI prospects last year. Hakeem Nicks, LaMarcus Bond, Owen Spencer, and maybe Jacob Sykes were all ranked ahead of him in the majority of the list I saw. In my opinion...I wasn't sold on Sykes, and Spencer and Bond have potential but are raw, so I would say at best Johnson would have been #2 in NC last year. I hate UNC so I hate to say this, but Hakeem Nicks is a darn good football player. I don't say any of that to take away from Johnson. He's a very good WR. He's a big guy with soft hands, he runs routes well, and he uses his hand well to seperate himself from defenders. He just doesn't have a ton of speed (not always important if you run routes well). He was a great pick up for ASU, but I wouldn't say he was the #1 WR in NC (#1 possession WR...eh, maybe).

Ok...now all that's left is waiting for the ASU posters to start bashing me:) .

By the way, isn't Reynaldo Hunter a WR on your team? If anyone reading this thread doesn't know about him. You need to. I'll always pull for that kid with what he's been through. I don't remember the story exactly, but it goes something to the effect of his mom died, and then shortly after that his dad committed suicide. I was REALLY hoping NC State would come through on an offer for him a couple of years ago, but it never worked out. I hope Hunter becomes an impact player for ASU b/c that kid has been through a lot:nod: .

Sorry for rambling:o

Seven Would Be Nice
October 16th, 2006, 10:54 PM
So many games are won or lost by a kicker. I don't see how a school can justify not having one who is reliable.

we would be 5-1 if we had a reliable kicker.:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Death Dealer
October 16th, 2006, 10:57 PM
So many games are won or lost by a kicker. I don't see how a school can justify not having one who is reliable. They would rather have an 8th string LB instead.

I KNOW!!!!!!!!:bang: :bawling: :bang: :bawling: :bang: :bawling: :pumpuke:

ASU Kep
October 16th, 2006, 11:09 PM
I heard a lot about Reynaldo Hunter last year on the MMB (he was red-shirted) but havn't heard anything about him this year. I guess he's fighting his way up the depth charts. We're pretty deep at WR this year.

FUwolfpacker
October 16th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Yeah, I checked your stats and Reynaldo doesn't have a catch. Hopefully he'll find his way into the lineup eventually. I'll be pulling for him except for one game a year:).

By the way, speaking of the importance of kickers....the Card's kicker, Rackers, missed his first kick inside of 50 yards this year, so the Bears won. Now, the Cards lost that game before that kick, but I thought it went well with the discussion here.

Death Dealer
October 16th, 2006, 11:36 PM

I wouldn't be a kicker for all the tea in China! They don't call you in unless the offense has screwed up, and then you get to pull their asses out of the fire or end up getting branded as the scallywag that lost the game! No wonder those guys get snakes in their heads! But I sure wish ours would go see a root doctor and get his out, I sure would hate for us to lose any games this season because of a missed FG or XP! Oh wait......:doh: xlolx

SoCon48
October 17th, 2006, 06:21 AM
If we can duplicate what Wofford did defensively to Appy, we'll be OK.

BTW, our defense goes up against the #2 offense in the SoCon everyday in practice. :thumbsup: ;)

http://www.soconsports.com/fls/4000/SoCon/stats/Football/2006/confldrs.htm

Well, 347 yds TO is nothing to brag about, but it should have yielded more than 14 pts.

SoCon48
October 17th, 2006, 06:27 AM
I heard a lot about Reynaldo Hunter last year on the MMB (he was red-shirted) but havn't heard anything about him this year. I guess he's fighting his way up the depth charts. We're pretty deep at WR this year.

He evidently hasn't played at all this year. He doesn't show up on any game participation lists.

rb45070
October 17th, 2006, 10:52 AM
WCU at Cit ~ I think that Western's health is still a concern and playing on the road hurts the cats but they keep it close Cit-21 WCU-17

Wofford at Elon ~ I really think that both teams are better than what people let on to. That being said, it was an inspired effort at Boone last weekend and the momentum will carry over Wof-24 Elon-10

Chatt @ Furman ~ Furman has hit a rough spot but I see them bouncing back in grand fashion just in time for "the game" next Saturday. Felton scores at least 2 as FU rolls. Chat-14 FU-38

APP @ GaSo ~ As much as I hate to admit it, everything about this game scares the hell out of me. Yes Southern is rebuilding and fighting though a below average season for them, but they still know us better than probably anyone. ASU got a wake-up call last week and I pray that they realize how much bigger the target is now that they are the new #1. Throw in homecoming and we have one heck of a game. NDSU showed that you can win in Statesboro, but it isnt easy. I think that this may come down to the last five minutes of the game and i do believe that App comes out ahead but only by a hair. ASU-21 GaSo-17

OL FU
October 17th, 2006, 10:55 AM
WCU at Cit ~ I think that Western's health is still a concern and playing on the road hurts the cats but they keep it close Cit-21 WCU-17

Wofford at Elon ~ I really think that both teams are better than what people let on to. That being said, it was an inspired effort at Boone last weekend and the momentum will carry over Wof-24 Elon-10

Chatt @ Furman ~ Furman has hit a rough spot but I see them bouncing back in grand fashion just in time for "the game" next Saturday. Felton scores at least 2 as FU rolls. Chat-14 FU-38

APP @ GaSo ~ As much as I hate to admit it, everything about this game scares the hell out of me. Yes Southern is rebuilding and fighting though a below average season for them, but they still know us better than probably anyone. ASU got a wake-up call last week and I pray that they realize how much bigger the target is now that they are the new #1. Throw in homecoming and we have one heck of a game. NDSU showed that you can win in Statesboro, but it isnt easy. I think that this may come down to the last five minutes of the game and i do believe that App comes out ahead but only by a hair. ASU-21 GaSo-17

I think Furman was number one going into Paulson last year:eek:

rb45070
October 17th, 2006, 11:05 AM
I believe they were, and as i said, that is why the games scares the absolute sh** out of me

PaladinFan
October 17th, 2006, 11:32 AM
They were. I still say Furman was the better team in that game. However, a loss is still a loss.

This is what should scare you, App State. Furman goes into the game #1 and leading the Southern Conference after having bested the Apps. With that SINGLE loss, we lost the conference championship, our #1 ranking, a seed, and homefield advantage. With a win, Furman would have most likely won the conference, been the top seed, and enjoyed Paladin Stadium all through the playoffs (much like ASU enjoyed KBS).

While initially it looked just like a loss, with a tight conference and an autobid on the line, the loss was detrimental to the Paladin's post season. We played hard, beat two good teams in Nicholls State and Richmond, but just couldn't get it done in Boone.

A loss here to an unranked GSU team with a solid top 10 around them would really hurt the Mountaineers. More importantly, it would take away KBS for most of the playoffs, something ASU definitely doesn't want.

GSU is still in this race, granted, they are still a good deal behind ASU and Furman. However, if they can win out, they will go into the playoffs as the autobid and either Furman or ASU will stay home. As much as I'd like to see ASU lose and take control of the conference, I'd just as much rather see GSU eliminated from contention.

Both teams have A LOT to play for here.

OL FU
October 17th, 2006, 12:05 PM
With that SINGLE loss, we lost the conference championship, our #1 ranking, a seed, and homefield advantage. With a win, Furman would have most likely won the conference, been the top seed, and enjoyed Paladin Stadium all through the playoffs (much like ASU enjoyed KBS).

I prefer to give the Catamounts credit for that:rolleyes: :D

Black Saturday
October 17th, 2006, 12:18 PM
...Wofford defense had Edwards clueless in Boone last Saturday. We'll see how he does in his first real road test against the 3rd best D in the SoCon with a very inhospitable crowd.

GSU crowd crowd doesn't hold a candle to the NC State or LSU crowds. You'll need to work on that.

Did you go to the game? The only thing that hurt Edwards was a stupid mistake inside the 10 and too many dropped passes by several usually reliable receivers stalled drives.

If he did not try a playground move and fumble inside the ten, the game is 21-0 and the Ankle Biters back is broken and the rout is on.

Edwards is a freshman that will be giving GSU and everyone else in the SoCon nightmares for a long time.

Saint3333
October 17th, 2006, 12:32 PM
If the ASU @ GSU game is within 5 points I believe the Eagles win. ASU will have to play their best game to date, as I'm sure GSU will.

Death Dealer
October 17th, 2006, 01:06 PM
Edwards is a freshman that will be giving GSU and everyone else in the SoCon nightmares for a long time.

Yeah, we all know! The kid is gonna be good. I think Sorrells is gonna be an equally dangerous if decidedly different threat for us.....looks like we have alot of good football to look forward to in the next few years.:nod:

fuEMO
October 17th, 2006, 01:25 PM
Yeah, we all know! The kid is gonna be good. I think Sorrells is gonna be an equally dangerous if decidedly different threat for us.....looks like we have alot of good football to look forward to in the next few years.:nod:

No doubt Edwards is a good one… But I feel pretty good about the youth at Furman. I counted 6 redshirt freshmen playing extensively last saturday on offense. Sorrells, Webb, Haynes, Cockburn, LaFrance, and Truss and that doesn't count Mims and Salley standing on the sidelines.

By the way the Baby Bulls… Haynes and Cockburn are fun to watch, they will fight, scratch, and lay a guy on his back.

PaladinFan
October 17th, 2006, 01:34 PM
GSU crowd crowd doesn't hold a candle to the NC State or LSU crowds. You'll need to work on that.

Did you go to the game? The only thing that hurt Edwards was a stupid mistake inside the 10 and too many dropped passes by several usually reliable receivers stalled drives.

If he did not try a playground move and fumble inside the ten, the game is 21-0 and the Ankle Biters back is broken and the rout is on.

I look at it differently. To LSU and NCSU you were a little upstart who had no business playing them (you can debate that at a later time). That's not even the point though. Edwards has started two road games, UTC and GWU, where there was most likely a multitude of ASU fans (maybe even MORE ASU fans). This is the first truly "hostile" environment he's seen. I guarantee that GSU will throw everything but the kitchen sink at him.

For Georgia Southern you are a hated rival who is coming into their house, on their homecoming, with their season on the line. Bit different than ASU getting outmatched on two games on the road with a different quarterback.

citdog
October 17th, 2006, 02:42 PM
WCU has not scored a touchdown with their offense against The Citadel in the last 120 minutes of football between the two schools......

'Dogs 37

kitties 10

Baldy
October 17th, 2006, 02:50 PM
1. Armanti Edwards wasn't even on the team when Appy played @ LSU and only had a cup of coffee vs. NC State
2. Neither NC State nor LSU puts their student section behind the visitor's bench.
3. You are 1-6 vs. GSU in Statesboro, the crowd will be a factor, sorry.

Yeah a stupid mistake at home from a true freshman. Those things are magnified greatly on the road in a hostile environment.

If grandma had a package, she would be grandpa.
If we would have made all our kicks, we would be 5-1 too.
If...
If...
If...

Heard the same thing about Trey "Mr. South Carolina Football" Elder, too. xcoffeex

Black Saturday
October 17th, 2006, 03:03 PM
We'll see you Saturday.

Seven Would Be Nice
October 17th, 2006, 03:19 PM
We'll see you Saturday.

Yes we will. :nod:

Baldy
October 17th, 2006, 03:21 PM
We'll see you Saturday.
http://www.lunchbox.be/lunchbox01a-B1897.jpg

PaladinFan
October 17th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Hey App. While y'all aren't using KBS this weekend, can we send Beckler up to work on some kicks? He needs to get a feel for the field.

Death Dealer
October 17th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Oh my God!!!!!:eek: They're smacking in the discussion board!!!!!!!!:argue:
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Death Dealer
October 17th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Hey App. While y'all aren't using KBS this weekend, can we send Beckler up to work on some kicks? He needs to get a feel for the field.

He needs to get a feel for putting between the uprights period, on any field!

FUwolfpacker
October 17th, 2006, 04:13 PM

Also, after Beckler is done, would you mind if I tried to undo the FU voodoo curse on that one God forsaken endzone:) :smiley_wi

ChiefGSU275
October 18th, 2006, 04:44 AM
FU and APP play on halloween weekend? that should be interesting...

PaladinFan
October 18th, 2006, 07:52 AM
Cripes.

atlGAmocs
October 18th, 2006, 08:01 AM
The Citadel vs. Western Carolina - the Bulldogs are not a bad team as Higgins has the Cadets playing hard. I won't say that the Catamounts have quit, but they are down. El Cid 20 Mounts 13

Elon vs. Wofford - This will be another good game. Both schools lost tough matchups last week. Even though Elon is improving, it is hard for me to pick them, even at home. Elon 17 Wofford 24

Furman vs. Chattanooga - SoCon's second best team plays the SoCon's overhyped preseason team. I don't think the Mocs suffer an Appalachian style beat-down, however they won't win. Dins 38 Mocs 24.

Game of the Week

Appalachian @ Georgia Southern - GSU is hard to figure out, ASU is the #1 team in the country so I think despite the game being in Statesboro, the Mountainmen will win. Appy 35 Eagles 14

ButlerGSU
October 18th, 2006, 09:00 AM
Appalachian @ Georgia Southern - GSU is hard to figure out, ASU is the #1 team in the country so I think despite the game being in Statesboro, the Mountainmen will win. Appy 35 Eagles 14

I'm afraid you are right...

PaladinFan
October 18th, 2006, 09:10 AM
I'm tellin ya, get 20k people, scream the entire game, and blitz the stew out of Edwards. Then you might have a shot.

WCUFLALUM
October 18th, 2006, 10:27 AM
Western has had a TOTAL collapse this season. It is amazing what injuries can do to a team's morale. Such high expectations and now in the cellar of the SoCon. Unfortunately, another ugly loss is probably in store for The Cats this week.

Not that I was expecting them to compete but, I have tickets to the Western VS Florida game Nov. 18. It will be really ugly! Uggh!:bawling: :bawling:

B&G
October 18th, 2006, 11:30 AM
No doubt Edwards is a good one… But I feel pretty good about the youth at Furman. I counted 6 redshirt freshmen playing extensively last saturday on offense. Sorrells, Webb, Haynes, Cockburn, LaFrance, and Truss and that doesn't count Mims and Salley standing on the sidelines.

By the way the Baby Bulls… Haynes and Cockburn are fun to watch, they will fight, scratch, and lay a guy on his back.

There is nothing fun about cockburn.

On another note, I think ASU should win this game by a lot but there are a couple of factors that temper my expectations. One is that even though GSU is having a down season they still have that mystique. The other is that this could be considered a trap game if App is looking ahead to 10/28. God... never thought GSU would ever be considered fodder for a trap game.

OL FU
October 18th, 2006, 11:39 AM
There is nothing fun about cockburn.

On another note, I think ASU should win this game by a lot but there are a couple of factors that temper my expectations. One is that even though GSU is having a down season they still have that mystique. The other is that this could be considered a trap game if App is looking ahead to 10/28. God... never thought GSU would ever be considered fodder for a trap game.

I think ASU is a good number of points better than GSU this year. But Paulson, emotions, etc. make it difficult to pick it as anything other than a close one. If a team wins by more than 14, it will be ASU.

ASU Kep
October 18th, 2006, 02:11 PM
If this game is close, GSU wins. We HAVE to get rolling on 'O' early (something we've been VERY good at lately), take the crowd out of it, and break them. GSU cannot play catch-up ball, new system or not.

furman94
October 18th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Hey, App had miracle on the mountain. We can have Miracle on the Mount: Renaldo style!(Knock on wood):nod: :nod:

Seven Would Be Nice
October 18th, 2006, 02:46 PM
If this game is close, GSU wins. We HAVE to get rolling on 'O' early (something we've been VERY good at lately), take the crowd out of it, and break them. GSU cannot play catch-up ball, new system or not.

Except for, of course, our two touchdown scoring drives late in the 4th quarter against elon last week.

Appdad
October 18th, 2006, 04:42 PM
Except for, of course, our two touchdown scoring drives late in the 4th quarter against elon last week.

GSU hanging their hats on something from an Elon game...xidiotx : smh :

Baldy
October 18th, 2006, 05:18 PM
GSU hanging their hats on something from an Elon game...xidiotx : smh :

Considering we scored more on Elon in the 4th quarter, than you did against Wofford the entire game.... :nod:
Don't worry, I won't tell anyone that Coastal scored 4 more TD's against Wofford than Appy did. xlolx

Appalachian
October 18th, 2006, 07:42 PM
Considering we scored more on Elon in the 4th quarter, than you did against Wofford the entire game.... :nod:
Don't worry, I won't tell anyone that Coastal scored 4 more TD's against Wofford than Appy did. xlolx

Elon wasn't even in the game in the fourth quarter when they played in Boone. We emptied the bench in the third quarter! Sounds like they took it to you guys well into the 4th quarter, in Statesboro! The Wofford game was our one lackluster game of the year and,we won! That's all that matters one of 6 wins, this weekend we will back to form, don't worry.:thumbsup:

straightshooter
October 18th, 2006, 08:45 PM
Elon really wasn't in the game in the second half in Statesboro either. GSU's offense doesn't click like App's right now, and we know why, but GSu's D pretty much shut the Elon offense down after the half.

Appy has been running their offense for a few years now, and they've got seniors in the program that have run it for three to four years. GSU is still figuring their new offense out, so cut the Eagles a bit of slack on that one. Elon loaded the box to stop the GSU run and did so effectively, but that opened the passing game up, especially after halftime adjustments.

GSU-App could be a great game or it could be a runaway. I do know that GSU always plays App great at Paulson just like App plays GSU great at Kidd-Brewer.

On paper, it's App by a couple of TD's, but since they don't play on paper...you never know. I can assure you that the App fans who have followed this rivalry for a decade or so are scared to death of what might happen at Paulson. They don't have any good memories of coming there after 1996.

gophoenix
October 18th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Elon wasn't even in the game in the fourth quarter when they played in Boone. We emptied the bench in the third quarter!

No, App cleared the bench in the 4th quarter. Taking out Edwards doesn't count as clearing the bench, and that didn't help until the quarter was pretty much over. Moore left the core receivers in with Elders first two series.

But it doesn't really matter, we lost.

Elon really wasn't in the game in the second half in Statesboro either.
If Elon wasn't in it in the second half at all, then you would think that GSU should have beaten the snot out of us, rather than by only 7 points.

ElonPride
October 18th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Elon really wasn't in the game in the second half in Statesboro either

WE weren't.....but by the looks of the way you put things, the score would've been 45-21 instead of 28-21. Most of your own even express that you "escaped" with a win. Don't try to lead people on that is was some sort of "non-scoring" blowout. You guys once again got lucky by avoiding a loss to Elon. :D

Appdad
October 18th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Elon really wasn't in the game in the second half in Statesboro either. GSU's offense doesn't click like App's right now, and we know why, but GSu's D pretty much shut the Elon offense down after the half.

Appy has been running their offense for a few years now, and they've got seniors in the program that have run it for three to four years. GSU is still figuring their new offense out, so cut the Eagles a bit of slack on that one. Elon loaded the box to stop the GSU run and did so effectively, but that opened the passing game up, especially after halftime adjustments.

GSU-App could be a great game or it could be a runaway. I do know that GSU always plays App great at Paulson just like App plays GSU great at Kidd-Brewer.

On paper, it's App by a couple of TD's, but since they don't play on paper...you never know. I can assure you that the App fans who have followed this rivalry for a decade or so are scared to death of what might happen at Paulson. They don't have any good memories of coming there after 1996.

xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx
From the Statesboro Herald:

VanGorder said the biggest play of the game was a 40-yard kickoff return by Foster after the Phoenix tied the game on true freshman Karlos Sullivan’s 32-yard interception return for a touchdown with 2:21 remaining. Foster’s return set up Georgia Southern’s game-winning drive, which was capped with Lewis’ 10-yard run.

Baldy
October 18th, 2006, 10:55 PM
xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx
From the Statesboro Herald:

VanGorder said the biggest play of the game was a 40-yard kickoff return by Foster after the Phoenix tied the game on true freshman Karlos Sullivan’s 32-yard interception return for a touchdown with 2:21 remaining. Foster’s return set up Georgia Southern’s game-winning drive, which was capped with Lewis’ 10-yard run.
You must think Football = Soccer. : retard : : retard : : retard :

An interception return for a touchdown means the defense scored, not the offense. :read:

Appdad
October 19th, 2006, 08:22 AM
You must think Football = Soccer. : retard : : retard : : retard :

An interception return for a touchdown means the defense scored, not the offense. :read:

FYI I was commenting on the first line of the quote from straight about Elon not being in the game. I guess a tied score with 2:21 left isn't in the game. xidiotx

Appdad
October 19th, 2006, 08:24 AM

And I promise not to tell anyone about that first game in Paulson this year and of course NDSU. xlolx xlolx

gophoenix
October 19th, 2006, 09:33 AM
An interception return for a touchdown means the defense scored, not the offense.

The last time I looked, the defense is part of the team and you said that Elon wasn't in the game in the 2nd half. A tied score with 2 minutes left is pretty much "in the game"

OL FU
October 19th, 2006, 09:41 AM
The last time I looked, the defense is part of the team and you said that Elon wasn't in the game in the 2nd half. A tied score with 2 minutes left is pretty much "in the game"

Oh, come on. What's a few dozen seconds between friends:eyebrow:
Don't be so sensitivexlolx

Baldy
October 19th, 2006, 09:52 AM
You might need to go back and reread this thread, I didn't claim anything. :read:

ButlerGSU
October 19th, 2006, 09:54 AM

I would agree, look at the Bears game Monday night. It does not matter how you score the points...

Baldy
October 19th, 2006, 09:57 AM
FYI I was commenting on the first line of the quote from straight about Elon not being in the game. I guess a tied score with 2:21 left isn't in the game. xidiotx
If you were commenting on the first line, there is no need to quote the entire statement. Be a little more specific next time. :rotateh:

Baldy
October 19th, 2006, 10:15 AM
This is hilarious.....

Appies and FeeNix falling over themselves to hug each others nuts. xlolx

http://www.justinspratt.com/photos/friends/just_lance_gay.jpg

kirkblitz
October 19th, 2006, 03:17 PM
GSU AND APP STATE ARE GONNA BE ON TV YAY! crap caps lock :(