PDA

View Full Version : NDSU Fans

Tutiger10
January 5th, 2014, 04:24 PM
While I met very many nice NDSU fans. Word on the street from many Towson people is that NDSU fans were starting fights with Towson players at the team hotel. Police were called and NDSU fans were arrested. They were also banging on players doors and calling room phones all night. Towson had to bus players out.

Pards Rule
January 5th, 2014, 04:27 PM
I call BS!! I went to Fargo and tailgated with them and wandered around the Fargodome in my Lafayette gear and went down to Frisco in Jan 2012 and EVERYONE was classy and hospitable. This is complete bull****!!! RETRACT!

SUPharmacist
January 5th, 2014, 04:28 PM
Citation Needed

If true, it is very unfortunate some people have to be jerks, and depressing to be associated with them. I was not at the game, but looked like the Towson fans that went represented well.

Tutiger10
January 5th, 2014, 04:29 PM
I'm not talking about tailgating. I'm talking about the team hotel. That came from people staying at the hotel where Towson was at

Tutiger10
January 5th, 2014, 04:31 PM
You can delete this if you wish but I letting you know what people at the hotel told me tht stayed there

NoDak 4 Ever
January 5th, 2014, 04:32 PM
I heard a story about how one of your assistant coaches was trying to intimidate a bunch of drunk girls just trying to get back to their rooms through the conference center because they were having a meeting in the hallway.

Bisonator
January 5th, 2014, 04:33 PM
I would think one call to security could have taken care of a few drunkards. I find this hard to believe but when you have 18,000 fans there all it takes is a handful of clowns to screw up.

Gil Dobie
January 5th, 2014, 04:34 PM
Unless there is a link, it's all he said, she said and could be made-up.

Tutiger10
January 5th, 2014, 04:34 PM
Every NDSU fan I met was overly nice. In fact I had great comversations with many of them. I'm just telling you I heard there was a situation at the hotel Friday night.

thebootfitter
January 5th, 2014, 04:36 PM
I know a couple folks that were visiting friends in the Embassy Suites where Towson players stayed.

Their version of the story is that several Towson players were looking over the balcony and started taunting the NDSU fans below by thumping their chests, acting a bit cocky, etc. A group of NDSU fans responded by chanting, "Let's go Bison!" over and over.

As with anything, I'm sure it goes both ways. And the truth may be somewhere in the middle or a bit of both.

Tutiger10
January 5th, 2014, 04:42 PM
18000, I think you guys had more than that there. Looked more from the tailgate

bisonguy
January 5th, 2014, 04:48 PM
I would figure something like that would have caught the attention of the local media, especially if there were arrests.

Green1
January 5th, 2014, 05:02 PM
I smell B.S. and sour grapes....

NoDak 4 Ever
January 5th, 2014, 05:04 PM
I smell B.S. and sour grapes....

My story was told to me firsthand by some who can confirm it in here.

Pards Rule
January 5th, 2014, 05:07 PM
I would figure something like that would have caught the attention of the local media, especially if there were arrests.

There you go!!

Darlinikki150
January 5th, 2014, 05:13 PM

He sure can. I posted the pic my girl took while we waiting to get thru. If u wanna know the whole story, just pm me.

344Johnson
January 5th, 2014, 05:14 PM
Lol that's funny..a bit extreme. But funny. I have heard of people calling rooms before in the SEC.

Green1
January 5th, 2014, 05:14 PM

My post was directed towards TuTiger. Pretty serious accusation with no supporting evidence. Looks to me like mudslinging. I will gladly apologize to him if he can provide more evidence than simply "word on the street".

JSUBison
January 5th, 2014, 05:18 PM

This. Also Frisco PD releases their weekly call logs/arrests on Monday mornings. I found that on their website. So we should find out tomorrow what did or didn't happen.

centennial
January 5th, 2014, 05:18 PM
Can this petty behavior stop? There are bound to be some incidents after a drunk day of tailgating. However the whole fan base should not be judged by a few idiots on either side.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 5th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Can this petty behavior stop? There are bound to be some incidents after a drunk day of tailgating. However the whole fan base should not be judged by a few idiots on either side.

Or by fishy stories of said idiots.

BisonAccountant44
January 5th, 2014, 05:36 PM
I heard a version of this rumor tailgating yesterday also. We were told 70 fans were arrested for knocking on doors, which sounded like an incredibly high number. I was also told that the police were guarding the elevators and threatening to arrest anyone walking around after the hotel bar closed.

The whole thing sounded fishy to me

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

IBleedYellow
January 5th, 2014, 05:45 PM
I heard this rumor while tailgating directly from Towson fans and I still don't believe it. He also said your school president called NDSU school president. When we talked to the Assistant AD he stated he hadn't heard a thing, but if there is any credit he will be pulling season tickets for all involved.

If there is ANY credit to this it will be handled appropriately.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

NDSUSR
January 5th, 2014, 05:52 PM
What a crock of ****. OP is as high as a couple of the Towson players.

Green1
January 5th, 2014, 05:53 PM
I heard a version of this rumor tailgating yesterday also. We were told 70 fans were arrested for knocking on doors, which sounded like an incredibly high number. I was also told that the police were guarding the elevators and threatening to arrest anyone walking around after the hotel bar closed.

The whole thing sounded fishy to me

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

So we have gone from players and opposing fans giving each other a little smack talk and chanting cheers to 70 fans arrested. Seems like the "telephone game" we used to play as kids, where with each reselling of the story, facts were changed or made up.

Next it will be the Govennor and the Congressional Delegation of the state of N.D. were the ones responsible. Lol

WWII
January 5th, 2014, 05:53 PM

+1

SIUSalukiFan
January 5th, 2014, 05:54 PM
Word on the street is a group of at least 7500 NDSU fans stormed a Taco Bell after bar closing time on Friday night.

IBleedYellow
January 5th, 2014, 05:57 PM
Word on the street is a group of at least 7500 NDSU fans stormed a Taco Bell after bar closing time on Friday night.

Can confirm. Was. Drunk and hungry.

NDSUSR
January 5th, 2014, 05:58 PM

This rumor may have legs....

Texas
January 5th, 2014, 06:02 PM
Past two years had mostly pleasant experience with NDSU fans, naturally there were some **** heads like I'm sure there were SHSU **** heads. There were much much more polite fans than assholes.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 5th, 2014, 06:07 PM
There was one guy at 3rd base on Friday night that seemed like he wanted to engage random NDSU fans with the intention of starting **** he was with two meatheads in skin tight #leavenodout t shirts.

tjamz
January 5th, 2014, 06:16 PM
I had mostly great experiences with Towson fans.... with one exception. As I was crawling over the rail to rush the field someone in the front row of section 127 shoved me hard. I didn't get hurt or anything but I was pissed at the time. A buddy of mine a few seats away had several fans shouting that they hope he breaks his leg/ankle/knee/etc on the way down. Not college kids either (yelling anyway) by his account it was a 40+ woman and a few guys in their 30's.

Still thought most of the fans were great.

NDB
January 5th, 2014, 07:43 PM
I heard that a Towson player killed five hookers. Oh, wait. That was Craig James.

BisonFan02
January 5th, 2014, 09:33 PM
Will be checking police log...until then..this is complete BS. I met quite a few cool Towson fans without incident...invited a bunch over to the NDSU side of tailgating. I did spend a good amount of time over at the Embassy too, and it was pretty quiet.

TILIS-BisonFan
January 5th, 2014, 10:50 PM
Also I heard after the game a Towson group of fans spit at a hostess at a bar after getting upset that there were bison flags on the wall and they couldn't get a seat. Reported to me by very elderly respected witnesses. (True story). Alcohol and passion will bring out the worst in any fan base

TILIS-BisonFan
January 5th, 2014, 10:52 PM
I wasn't there first hand but I'm sure that many instances like these happen and go unreported with Any fan base. 95% awesome respectable fans 5% drunk aggressive bad representers

TILIS-BisonFan
January 5th, 2014, 10:59 PM
I had very many great conversations with Towson fans about everything from their city to dropping their soccer program. I also had a guy taunting bison fans waving a flag in their face running up and down the aisle I was in. Also a fan showing their stomach tattoos saying t west what when it was tied at seven. Also had one trying to pick a fight with fans trying to rush the field. The cocky fans disappeared quickly at halftime. It's part of the experience and you just shrug it off. As a whole sitting in the heart of the Towson section it was great to see fan support until the end but there's always a few you just have to turn your head to in any fan base

centennial
January 5th, 2014, 11:07 PM
I had very many great conversations with Towson fans about everything from their city to dropping their soccer program. I also had a guy taunting bison fans waving a flag in their face running up and down the aisle I was in. Also a fan showing their stomach tattoos saying t west what when it was tied at seven. Also had one trying to pick a fight with fans trying to rush the field. The cocky fans disappeared quickly at halftime. It's part of the experience and you just shrug it off. As a whole sitting in the heart of the Towson section it was great to see fan support until the end but there's always a few you just have to turn your head to in any fan base
Strong multi post.

Grizzlies82
January 5th, 2014, 11:28 PM
There is an incredible amount of hearsay floating around in this thread so let me add some concrete FACTS:

1. I've been to Frisco and sometime things happen in hotels there.
2. I've been in North Dakota and I can vouch that I've seen drunk people there.

With those FACTS in hand you may draw your now informed opinions on the subject. Yes you're welcome. I'm here to help.

SIUSalukiFan
January 6th, 2014, 12:15 AM
If you go to a football game looking for trouble you are sure to find it.

HandoEX
January 6th, 2014, 11:49 AM
A friend posted a video on Facebook of the Towson players all leaving their rooms and standing at the atrium railings Friday night at the Embassy Suites. They said it was PG and the lobby was 100% Bison fans. A few screen shots from the video...

http://i40.tinypic.com/15hgmu.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/2w4g09g.jpg
http://i43.tinypic.com/hrzo6q.jpg
http://i42.tinypic.com/27y6g0n.jpg

IBleedYellow
January 7th, 2014, 02:37 PM
Also, friends talked with members of NDSU and all of this is bs. Assistant AD, to be precise.

JSUBison
January 7th, 2014, 03:21 PM
Nothing in the police logs and arrest reports either. Too bad this site doesn't have the "50 posts before you can start a thread" rule.

marenlee
January 7th, 2014, 03:25 PM
I heard this rumor on Gameday also. Started out with 100 Bison fans being arrrested. Then 70. Then 40. Then 20... xrolleyesx

THE HERD
January 7th, 2014, 03:32 PM
I personally saw a Towson fan arrested at the stadium....cops were trying to be nice and just telling him to leave, but he decided to jerk his arm away from the cop and said something to the effect of "Don't Fing Touch Me"....he was then handcuffed.

AmsterBison
January 7th, 2014, 03:39 PM
Here's where you can look up arrests and reported incidents in Frisco:

http://www.ci.frisco.tx.us/departments/police/publicInformation/Pages/default.aspx

Looks like the story is BS. Nobody got arrested at the Embassy Suites.

However, one guy did get arrested at the game for public intoxication. Another got arrested nearby at a place called Main Event Entertainment for the same offense.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 7th, 2014, 03:47 PM
While I met very many nice NDSU fans. Word on the street from many Towson people is that NDSU fans were starting fights with Towson players at the team hotel. Police were called and NDSU fans were arrested. They were also banging on players doors and calling room phones all night. Towson had to bus players out.

Nothing in the police logs and arrest reports either. Too bad this site doesn't have the "50 posts before you can start a thread" rule.

Should have known from the OP that it was bull****. There weren't "many" Towson people, period.

Thundar
January 8th, 2014, 05:08 PM
Saturday after the game Frisco officer was in the hotel, said they had no problems and complimented both fanbases

this story is total BS

Darlinikki150
January 8th, 2014, 05:11 PM
There were cops at the embassy suites Friday morning too. I talked to one when I was smoking, he said they were just making their presence known to curb any crazy antics. That story and was total bs.