PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Texas Trip Pictures - NDSU 3 Peat

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 5th, 2014, 09:27 AM
Here are some of the pictures from our trip to Texas. It starts out in Dealey plaza, then the Bush Library, Cotton bowl and then the FCS Championship game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnT0XQAhdv4&feature=youtu.be

darell1976
January 5th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Cool pics. I would like to someday take a tour of Dealey Plaza. Maybe they can move the FCS game to the Cotton Bowl.:)

FormerPokeCenter
January 5th, 2014, 10:48 AM
The kill shot came from the Dal-Tex Building. From a closet (with a window) in an office for a CIA Front company. Start from the bullet mark in the curb under the southeast corner of the triple overpass where Tague was struck by a bullet fragment, then draw a line through the position of the killshot and what do you get? Viola, the third floor window from a CIA front company...

You're welcome! ;)

Oh...nice pics!

Bisonator
January 5th, 2014, 11:52 AM
Great pics as always. Thanks AG1!xthumbsupx

Twentysix
January 5th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Cool pics. I would like to someday take a tour of Dealey Plaza. Maybe they can move the FCS game to the Cotton Bowl.:)

The JFK stuff is pretty boring tbh. West end at night is neat. Also Deep Ellum can be fun.

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 5th, 2014, 01:13 PM
This was my favorite sign of the day............................and I am sure it would be much funnier if I knew who Erin Henderson was.

https://a2-images.myspacecdn.com/images04/8/d75e636b716543b8857a1e535d9e0fc9/full.jpg

344Johnson
January 5th, 2014, 02:04 PM
Went to George W Bush Presidential Center at SMU and it was way cooler than the Kennedy museum Book Depository... Specially if you vote red.

Pards Rule
January 5th, 2014, 02:25 PM
The kill shot came from the Dal-Tex Building. From a closet (with a window) in an office for a CIA Front company. Start from the bullet mark in the curb under the southeast corner of the triple overpass where Tague was struck by a bullet fragment, then draw a line through the position of the killshot and what do you get? Viola, the third floor window from a CIA front company...

You're welcome! ;)

Oh...nice pics!

Ah, well Mr. Tague was not standing where youhave him. He was on the other side of Commerce Street at the underpass. Famous Altgens 6 pic took a second after first shot was fired would have shown reaction of black t-shirt dude (BTD) sitting on the fire escape of the Dal-Tex. Back to the Bison!

FormerPokeCenter
January 5th, 2014, 08:07 PM
Ah, well Mr. Tague was not standing where youhave him. He was on the other side of Commerce Street at the underpass. Famous Altgens 6 pic took a second after first shot was fired would have shown reaction of black t-shirt dude (BTD) sitting on the fire escape of the Dal-Tex. Back to the Bison!

You're right...Tague wasn't standing there, but the mark on the curb is more or less consistent with the line in the pic....Draw a straight line from the mark, though the area of the kill shot and it leads back to that window ;) For it to have come from the TSBD, it would have had to have either struck a limb of an Oak tree and ricocheted, or ricocheted from the limo ;)

The next time I go to Dallas, I'm gonna take my Total Station and shoot the whole plaza, myself. I really wanna play with the bullet trajectories, myself, just to see what's possible and what's not...I've got some 3 D accident scene modeling software that I can use to build the whole the thing and then figure the angles...There's a crime scene module for the software package, that I don't have, but I'm thinking I may have to pony up for it....I can always use it for general liability type incidents, but the cool thing is that it'll figure ballistic trajectories, etc.

I won't need it for what I want to do the next time I go to Dallas, but...it would be cool to animate it ;)

Here's a pic with the line from the point of the mark, 23'6" from the overpass, on the south curb of Main Street, though the kill shot, to the Dal-Tex building...

Here's one showing a line from the TSBD Sniper's Nest to the Tague curb mark...doesn't line up with the limo at any time, while the shot from Dal-Tex lines up with the Tague curb mark for the majority of the limo's path...

ALPHAGRIZ1
January 6th, 2014, 03:06 PM
That would be awesome!

IMO anyone that knows anything about guns, can't believe LHO acted alone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

BisonPride
January 6th, 2014, 03:33 PM
This was my favorite sign of the day............................and I am sure it would be much funnier if I knew who Erin Henderson was.

https://a2-images.myspacecdn.com/images04/8/d75e636b716543b8857a1e535d9e0fc9/full.jpg

Linebacker for the Minnesota Vikings. Got a DUI in November i think over the Thanksgiving holiday and is taking legal action to why he got pulled over. Then got another one New Years Eve. So the sign was accurate. Hernderson-2 West- 1.

FormerPokeCenter
August 14th, 2014, 02:51 PM
That would be awesome!

IMO anyone that knows anything about guns, can't believe LHO acted alone.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Still haven't been back to Dallas since this was posted, so no measurements of the Elm Street slope, but what I do have is a Google Earth Image with 3 D models of the Limo, the TSBD and the Dal-Tex loaded into them, as well as the location of the damage to the curb near where Tague was standing...

Using the ballistic trajectory tool in ARAS 360 HD Crash and Crime scene software, I plotted the trajectories of the three shots if they came from Dal-Tex....and if they came from the TSBD....

Here's what I came up with...

All three Dal-Tex shots line up perfectly. The TSBD? Not so much...This isn't exactly conclusive, since I REALLY need the slope of Elm Street to do it right...but....still.....

Interesting, no??