PDA

View Full Version : The Turf

jimbo65
January 4th, 2014, 08:13 PM
Frisco, disco, this turf was no go. Was this a soccer field? Congrats to the Bisons, who deserved the win. They are the best.

That said, why on God's earth would they laud Coach Bohl (spelling), off to the Cowboys.

God bless the fans, looked ike a home game.

Hope my Rams get you next year. Though I think we have a better chance than you.

NoDak 4 Ever
January 4th, 2014, 08:19 PM
The turf was unbelievable. When we got down there we were able to see how big the clods of sod were that were just loose all over. All that was under it was just sand. I'm no turf expert. Is that what it's supposed to be like?

centennial
January 4th, 2014, 08:34 PM
Frisco, disco, this turf was no go. Was this a soccer field? Congrats to the Bisons, who deserved the win. They are the best.

That said, why on God's earth would they laud Coach Bohl (spelling), off to the Cowboys.

Hope my Rams get you next year. Though I think we have a better chance than you.
That is how ESPN works. All FBS>FCS same with NCAA. When NDSU goes and beats K-State it goes against their narrative. They will talk about FBS transfers more than the game it self. Bohl is making a lateral move at best except the money. Even the Fargo metro area is much much better than Laramie. In the coaching carousel money is king.

WWII
January 4th, 2014, 10:18 PM
Turf wasn't like that in the other years in Frisco. Really too bad. Seemed really dry. Maybe the cold spell before the game had an affect.

IBleedYellow
January 4th, 2014, 10:27 PM
The turf was unbelievable. When we got down there we were able to see how big the clods of sod were that were just loose all over. All that was under it was just sand. I'm no turf expert. Is that what it's supposed to be like?

Yes, that's how it was supposed to be, talking about the sand.

Issue is the failed at actually planting the grass soon enough.

Winindy
January 4th, 2014, 10:36 PM
At least it wasn't red.

melloware13
January 4th, 2014, 10:48 PM
At least it wasn't red.
I think that field (due to lack of quality) joins UCA's as the only fields that make me wish for watching a game on the red turf.

Bisonoline
January 5th, 2014, 12:06 AM

He leaves the program better that when he got here. 3 National Championships in a ROW. His coaching journey is not yet finished and only a self absorbed fan would hold unbridge towards a coach trying to coach on a higher level and better his financial position.
More importantly---ONCE A BISON ALWAYS A BISON!

NDSUSR
January 5th, 2014, 12:47 AM
The same job for 11 years. I couldn't do it.
Good luck CB! I know you like challenges, you have your hands full again. :)