PDA

View Full Version : Bill Bleil hired as OC @ Rhody-what is G2?

Brad82
January 4th, 2014, 04:34 PM
http://www.cyclones.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10700&ATCLID=3708819

Looks like he did good job at WCU?
Can anyone provide info. on him?

Mr. C
January 5th, 2014, 12:37 AM
He was named the Southern Conference coach of the year and then got fired by the idiots running Western Carolina when one of his players was arrested for a murder. I guess if the physics student commits a crime they should fire the physics department chairman, too. Bill is a genuinely nice guy and has been a successful coach at a lot of places.

catamount man
January 5th, 2014, 09:55 AM
He was named the Southern Conference coach of the year and then got fired by the idiots running Western Carolina when one of his players was arrested for a murder. I guess if the physics student commits a crime they should fire the physics department chairman, too. Bill is a genuinely nice guy and has been a successful coach at a lot of places.

Yep and we've more than paid for it since. Thankfully the idiots who RAN WCU AT THAT TIME are hell and gone from Cullowhee. Best of luck at RI!

citdog
January 5th, 2014, 07:17 PM
Bleihl did a good job at WCU. Someone could look REAL smart by hiring him as a Head Coach.

wcucat15
January 7th, 2014, 03:23 PM
True, coach Bliel was a good coach and he had really good assistant. He brought a certain attitude to Western. I hate they fired him. Coach of the Year 7-4; with the same team coming back the next year. We could have had a great 2002 season.

Brad82
January 7th, 2014, 04:45 PM
This is great new, He is already on the URI campus and at work.