PDA

View Full Version : Alcohol Sales at College Football Games

No_Skill
October 15th, 2006, 12:02 PM
A topic of discussion on the Bison Forum has been the huge number of fans who sit on thier hands during the home games at the Dome.

Alcohol is currently not sold at the Bison games due to the fact that the Fargodome is on campus. (however is it sold at other non-NDSU events)

I feel that if this social lubricant was sold at the games we would see more enthusiastic fans. xprost2x = :hurray:

What are your thoughts?
How is it done at your stadium?

poly51
October 15th, 2006, 01:10 PM
A topic of discussion on the Bison Forum has been the huge number of fans who sit on thier hands during the home games at the Dome.

Alcohol is currently not sold at the Bison games due to the fact that the Fargodome is on campus. (however is it sold at other non-NDSU events)

I feel that if this social lubricant was sold at the games we would see more enthusiastic fans. xprost2x = :hurray:

What are your thoughts?
How is it done at your stadium?
Cal Poly is a dry campus. Or maybe moist is closer. When the game is good Mustang Stadium rocks. It will rock more when the new stands are finished. What you don't need is a bunch of drunk college students. Remember over half of them are under 21 and you can't control who drinks the beer after it is sold.

rmutv
October 15th, 2006, 01:15 PM
All colleges are home to students under the drinking age, therefore you cannot sell alcohol for the fear that it ends up in the wrong hands.

Fact of life. Besides, you have enough tailgaters boozing before the game you don't need it in the stadium.

At least, that's the case at Robert Morris.

Coastal89
October 15th, 2006, 01:16 PM
South Carolina law prohibits sales at college activities.

CSUBUCDAD
October 15th, 2006, 01:35 PM
Even if it were allowed, CSU is a Southern Baptist sponsored private college and there ain't no way in the world they would ever allow it. There are signs all over the stadium stating that CSU is an "alcohol free campus".

AppGuy04
October 15th, 2006, 01:37 PM
Selling alcohol at college football games is one of the worst ideas ever

Chucktown
October 15th, 2006, 01:38 PM
I'm pretty sure that the selling of alcohol at games wouldn't bring too many more fans. Sure, some college students would like to drink at games, but beer costs so much at games that if they were more concerned with boozing, they would be at some townie bar for cheap drinks. So people are at the games to watch the games, and the drunks tailgate and come and watch the first half and then go to the bar.

MrTitleist
October 15th, 2006, 01:48 PM
I'm pretty sure that the selling of alcohol at games wouldn't bring too many more fans. Sure, some college students would like to drink at games, but beer costs so much at games that if they were more concerned with boozing, they would be at some townie bar for cheap drinks. So people are at the games to watch the games, and the drunks tailgate and come and watch the first half and then go to the bar.

You've obviously never been to a tailgate in Missoula before.

Seven Would Be Nice
October 15th, 2006, 03:07 PM
do yall think they would allow the sales of alcohol at NCAA events if the drinking age was changed back to 18?

thats what ive always wondered... and hoped for :D :D :D

Death Dealer
October 15th, 2006, 03:14 PM
I don't know that it matters, everyone that is going to drink too much does so at their tailgates. I don't usually drink much before a game....I'm too stressed out, if I started drinking I'd probably suck down too many and pass out before the game even strarted.xlolx

Sam Adams
October 15th, 2006, 03:23 PM
UMASS sells beer through halftime, a few cold Sam Adams doesn't seem to be much a problem.