PDA

View Full Version : SLC Predictions - Week Eight

TexasTerror
October 15th, 2006, 11:38 AM
I went 1-2 last week as Texas State knocked off McNeese in Lake Charles and SELA tripped up Northwestern St to provide my two losses. I picked SHSU over Nicholls. This week, I'll throw in a non-conference game, but it won't count towards my picks' record as I'm solely really going for SLC games here...

UCA @ SHSU - Non-conference (Thurs)
Sam Houston State is going to have a great crowd infront of the television cameras and the excitement is definitely building in Huntsville around this Bearkat squad. UCA has had issues in protecting the ball the last few weeks, which really impacted their ability to hang around with a tough UC-Davis squad. SHSU has been protecting the QB, establishing the run and forcing turnovers. This game will be close early, but I think UCA will be weary after the long trip to California and short week to prepare. SHSU 34-13 UCA

McN (0-1) @ SFA (1-0)
Interesting matchup here. McNeese is coming off a loss at home to a Texas State-San Marcos squad that people were leaving in the cellar. What Pokes team is going to show up in always tough Nacogdoches? This will be a tough out on the road. SFA is 1-0 after beating the 'Cats in San Marcos and this game will be yet another huge test for the Jacks. An SFA win here would establish themselves officially as a threat to the SLC title. I'm having a hard time going for either team, it's really a toss up, but homefield edge gives it to SFA, SFA 20-17 McNeese

SELA (1-1) @ TxSt (1-1)
The Lions will make the long trek from Hammond to San Marcos. The 'Cats will be having Homecoming at Bobcat Stadium and with the Bobcat nation renenergized after a huge win on the road against McNeese, Bailiff will have a packed house especially with the Homecoming festivities going on. If SELA does not jump out early, they'll find themselves having problems all game long. Look for the Bobcats to go to 2-1 in the SLC and position themselves well in the SLC. Question, how many TDs does Chase Wasson reel in this week? TxSt 40-23 SELA

NWST (0-2) @ Nich (1-1)
Nicholls St did not impress me in Huntsville and Northwestern St is a team that continues to take the yardage/TOP battle in SLC games, but can't get the job done. Throw in the whole QB mess where Meeks quit the team last week and Northwestern St is definitely a team in turmoil. Nicholls St is going to go to the option per the norm and I think that despite being in disarray, the Colonels aren't going to have much luck against a Demons defense that should be able to keep them in check. Nicholls has put up 7 and 10 points on the board in their two SLC games thus far. Northwestern St wins this one, NWST 21-10 Nicholls.

TT's SLC Prediction Record (conference games only): 3-3
SLC Week One: 2-1
SLC Week Two: 1-2

blackfordpu
October 15th, 2006, 11:48 AM
I gotta go with:

SHSU 28
UCA 10
The Kats have a short week to prepare but are still at home. Should be a big crowd because it is on a week night and on TV. Kats pull away in the second half.

SFA 13
McNeese 24
I just don't see SFA beating an embarressed Cowboys team. They got their asses handed to them at home yesterday and will be looking to redeem themselves.

Tx St 14
Se La 17
The Lions will win this close one. Tx St will take too much solace in the homefield advantage and not bring their "A" game.

Nw St 21
Nicholls 20
Both teams are coming off a loss this week and will be trying to redeem themselves. Nicholls option won't work against a fired up Demons defense and they will outlast them in a close game.

TexasTerror
October 15th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Just had to pick two games against me, didn't you, blackfordpu? I'd be very interested to see SELA and McNeese win. That'd shakeup the SLC even more than it is... :)

Lionsrking
October 15th, 2006, 02:17 PM
SELA (1-1) @ TxSt (1-1)
The Lions will make the long trek from Hammond to San Marcos. The 'Cats will be having Homecoming at Bobcat Stadium and with the Bobcat nation renenergized after a huge win on the road against McNeese, Bailiff will have a packed house especially with the Homecoming festivities going on. If SELA does not jump out early, they'll find themselves having problems all game long. Look for the Bobcats to go to 2-1 in the SLC and position themselves well in the SLC. Question, how many TDs does Chase Wasson reel in this week? TxSt 40-23 SELA

We match up extremely well with Texas State and this will be another close game. It'll be tough to win on the road as usual but I like our chances, especially with Schlosser at QB. We're a much different football team with him under center. No way will we give up 40 points unless we turn it over a bunch of times.

slycat
October 15th, 2006, 05:23 PM
texas st over sela - itll be a close game but if we play like we did in lake charles we should win.

shsu over uca - shsu is the team to beat until proven otherwise. hicks has suprised me.

mcneese st over sfa - mcneese st looks good but turnovers and penalties kill them. i think sfas win over us was an exception.

nicholls st over nwst - another very close game. ill just give it to nicholls st because they are at home.

patssle
October 15th, 2006, 05:25 PM
hicks has suprised me.

He has surprised everybody!

Dallas Demon
October 15th, 2006, 06:31 PM
NWST over Nicholls St. (bad luck/turnovers/penalties/etc./etc. can only last so long)
SHSU over UCA
SFA over McNeese
Texas St. over SELA

kats89
October 15th, 2006, 07:55 PM
texas st over sela - itll be a close game but if we play like we did in lake charles we should win.

shsu over uca - shsu is the team to beat until proven otherwise. hicks has suprised me.

mcneese st over sfa - mcneese st looks good but turnovers and penalties kill them. i think sfas win over us was an exception.

nicholls st over nwst - another very close game. ill just give it to nicholls st because they are at home.

Hicks as well as the sudden emergence of DD Terry at RB.

GeauxLions94
October 15th, 2006, 10:32 PM
We match up extremely well with Texas State and this will be another close game. It'll be tough to win on the road as usual but I like our chances, especially with Schlosser at QB. We're a much different football team with him under center. No way will we give up 40 points unless we turn it over a bunch of times.

Or Texas State renames themselves Texas Tech :smiley_wi

Texas State over SLU - Can the Lions FINALLY get their first win over Texas State. Close, but no cigar
Sam Houston State over UCA - Bearkats looking good with D.D. Terry at RB
SFA over McNeese State - Close one, but hand it to the home team
NW State over Nicholls State - Demons get their yardage, get win in Tib-uh-DOX

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 15th, 2006, 11:43 PM
SELA over TxSt. (putting my pride aside and sticking to my prediction with SELA as conference champs...)
SHS over UCA (SHS is lookin good so far in conf. play...)
McNeese over SFA (if SFA decides to run the ball 25-30 times, they will win. but they seem to love the forward pass...)
NWSt. over Nicholls (demons get a complete game over a puzzled nicholls squad)

SFA 71
October 17th, 2006, 09:23 PM

That's not what your bud Bobcathusband thought last week:

'As far as SFA playing at a new level...I think everyone else in the Southland will agree...this was a game between two terrible teams and the bobcats were more terrible."

Who am I to argue with the wise men of SWT?:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

TexasTerror
October 18th, 2006, 06:44 PM
From Matt D of The Sports Network...

Northwestern State 20 @ Nicholls 17
Mcneese 24 @ SFA 27
Central Arkansas 14 @ SHSU 27
SELa 20 @ Texas State 27

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/cfoot2/news/AGN4045174.htm

McNeese75
October 18th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Sure why not

UCA over SHSU
Tx State over SELA
McNeese over SFA
NWST over Nich

I guess one opinion is as good as another :smiley_wi

There is not one of you on this thread that doesn't have that hollow pit of doubt in your stomach about every conference game this year. After the game last week I was able to obtain inner calm with the realization that the Cowboys may not win another game this year, but they could be a serious threat in every game they play. Who is going to be the team across the line of scrimmage when the switch flips and everything starts clicking. Just hope it is not your team.

blackfordpu
October 18th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Sure why not

UCA over SHSU
Tx State over SELA
McNeese over SFA
NWST over Nich

xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx

SFA 71
October 18th, 2006, 09:36 PM
UCA over shs by 14 :mad:
SELa over SWT by 10 xsmileyclapx
SFA over McN by 21 :thumbsup:
NWSt over Nichols by 14:eek:

McNeese75
October 18th, 2006, 09:46 PM

Looks like an opinion as good as any other:D

I agree with you in part, SFA over MSU by 21 OR MSU over SFA by 52 :nod:

SFA 71
October 18th, 2006, 10:04 PM
Looks like an opinion as good as any other:D

I agree with you in part, SFA over MSU by 21 OR MSU over SFA by 52 :nod:

You might be right... no, I know you're right... one of them is going to win.
This is interesting tho.:

Notice who has played the toughest schedule
21 SOUTHLAND

RATING W L SCHEDL (RANK)
128 Sam Houston State 57.22 4 2 59.98 ( 131)
160 Stephen F. Austin 50.72 1 5 62.81 ( 106)
179 Nicholls State 46.44 2 4 59.89 ( 132)
187 Northwestern State 45.00 2 4 55.87 ( 147)
192 SE Louisiana 43.80 2 5 54.69 ( 155)
212 McNeese State 37.37 2 4 51.62 ( 172)
215 Texas State 37.04 2 4 47.26 ( 193)

BEAR
October 18th, 2006, 10:06 PM

I hate to predict a game when neither team has played one another recently or ever. But..here goes..

UCA 35 SHSU 28
SELA 17 SWT 14
NWST 21 Nich 17
McN 31 SFA 28

......yeah like I know anything about any of the teams listed above...xidiotx xlolx

I heard coach Conque was going to do a weapons check in the locker room before the game. Can't afford to shoot ourselves in the foot again for a third week.....:(

McNeese75
October 18th, 2006, 10:28 PM
You might be right... no, I know you're right... one of them is going to win.
This is interesting tho.:

Notice who has played the toughest schedule
21 SOUTHLAND

RATING W L SCHEDL (RANK)
128 Sam Houston State 57.22 4 2 59.98 ( 131)
160 Stephen F. Austin 50.72 1 5 62.81 ( 106)
179 Nicholls State 46.44 2 4 59.89 ( 132)
187 Northwestern State 45.00 2 4 55.87 ( 147)
192 SE Louisiana 43.80 2 5 54.69 ( 155)
212 McNeese State 37.37 2 4 51.62 ( 172)
215 Texas State 37.04 2 4 47.26 ( 193)

And this is supposed to mean something???????

:rolleyes:

Who knows

GeauxLions94
October 18th, 2006, 10:31 PM
And this is supposed to mean something???????

Arizona and Tulsa compared to ...

Northwestern State (Kansas, Baylor and Ole Miss) or
Southeastern (Texas Tech, New Mexico State and Southern Miss)

Yeah, that's pretty stout for the Jacks :rolleyes:

patssle
October 18th, 2006, 10:54 PM
whats the rankings on that division II team you lost to? hmm?

October 19th, 2006, 01:40 PM
shs over uca (for some reason they think are better than our league
should find out different this weekend.)
mcneese over sfa(cowboys should get on the board this week, alot)
slu over txst(will be shoot out but slu could start their run this week)
nicholls over nsu(played bad at shs, slu beat them they will holdonto ball
this week and win)
crazy year this year but exciting! picking the games is guess work who knows what team will show up.

Purple Pride
October 19th, 2006, 02:10 PM
[[email protected]]shs over uca (for some reason they think are better than our league
should find out different this weekend.)QUOTE]

:confused:

McNeese75
October 19th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNeese75
Sure why not

UCA over SHSU

xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh BF, What's UP????????? :eek:

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McNeese75
Sure why not

UCA over SHSU

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh BF, What's UP????????? :eek:

Shut up 75:mad: :bang: :nonono2:

McNeese75
October 19th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Shut up 75:mad: :bang: :nonono2:

xlolx Sorry, I really am pulling for ya and after the TD and 2 pt conversion, things are looking better. Lots of time left. :nod:

Lionsrking
October 19th, 2006, 09:45 PM
xlolx Sorry, I really am pulling for ya and after the TD and 2 pt conversion, things are looking better. Lots of time left. :nod:

Sam Houston looks absolutely horrible on defense. No team speed at all, can't stop the run.

McNeese75
October 19th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Sam Houston looks absolutely horrible on defense. No team speed at all, can't stop the run.

Defense may not be fast but there is plenty of speed on the offense side :nod:

SFA 71
October 19th, 2006, 11:18 PM
whats the rankings on that division II team you lost to? hmm?

Why I believe you should know it by now. I think it's just a little higher than shs. :thumbsup:

Lionsrking
October 19th, 2006, 11:40 PM
Defense may not be fast but there is plenty of speed on the offense side :nod:

I was talking about their defense. Tonight illustrates perfectly why no one is out of the SLC race yet, even Nicholls and Northwestern with two losses.

patssle
October 20th, 2006, 12:08 AM
Sam is still undefeated in conference. That's what counts! ;)

Lionsrking
October 20th, 2006, 12:13 AM

Not for long I predict.

McNeese72
October 20th, 2006, 09:39 AM

Yeah, but I saw a few holes in the armor.

Like run defense.

Doc

McNeese75
October 20th, 2006, 02:32 PM
I was talking about their defense. Tonight illustrates perfectly why no one is out of the SLC race yet, even Nicholls and Northwestern with two losses.

You won't get an argument from me on that point : smh :

treyuca
October 20th, 2006, 03:19 PM
Sure why not

UCA over SHSU
Thanks to 75, the only person (other than an SFA fan which doesn't count since he'd pick my old high school team against SHSU) to pick the Bears.

And for your bold, correct prediction - :bow:

McNeese75
October 20th, 2006, 11:09 PM
Thanks to 75, the only person (other than an SFA fan which doesn't count since he'd pick my old high school team against SHSU) to pick the Bears.

:D :beerchug: My high school mascot was the Bear. :thumbsup:

Catmendue2
October 21st, 2006, 12:57 PM
TT, hiding from his d2 azz whupping i guess:smiley_wi :hurray:

TexasTerror
October 21st, 2006, 12:59 PM
TT, hiding from his d2 azz whupping i guess:smiley_wi :hurray:

Catmendue can't obivously keep up with AGS...already responded:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showpost.php?p=314009&postcount=44

Catmendue2
October 21st, 2006, 01:01 PM
Catmendue can't obivously keep up with AGS...already responded:

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showpost.php?p=314009&postcount=44

not trying, just hollering at you:smiley_wi

McNeese75
October 21st, 2006, 11:50 PM
not trying, just hollering at you:smiley_wi

Where you been Cat? You know you gotta come back no matter how bad a season your team is having :nod: If not, I would have been outta here 3 years ago, :D

TexasTerror
October 22nd, 2006, 12:46 AM
Now 5-4 on the season...

SLC Week Three: 2-1

blackfordpu
October 22nd, 2006, 01:40 PM
Now 5-4 on the season...

SLC Week Three: 2-1

What are you talking about?

TxState_GO_CATS!
October 22nd, 2006, 05:36 PM
What are you talking about?

i think he's referring to his SLC weekly prediction accuracy.

SFA 71
October 24th, 2006, 08:43 PM

And which SFA fan are you referring to?? Probably Lufkin & Southlake Carroll could beat shs:eek: