PDA

View Full Version : For those headed for Frisco....

darell1976
January 3rd, 2014, 01:00 PM
You may want to stay there at least until middle next week!!

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=NDZ039&warncounty=NDC017&firewxzone=NDZ039&local_place1=&product1=Hazardous+Weather+Outlook#.UscIOj_nYok

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...SATURDAY THROUGH THURSDAY

BLIZZARD CONDITIONS WILL CONTINUE INTO EARLY SATURDAY MORNING WITH
IMPROVEMENT BY MID TO LATE MORNING. VERY COLD AIR WILL RETURN TO
THE AREA SATURDAY THROUGH MONDAY. DURING THIS COLD OUTBREAK GUSTY
NORTH WINDS WILL CAUSE WIND CHILLS OF 40 BELOW TO 60 BELOW ZERO.

Low temps close to -30!! Schools cancelled Monday for the state of Minnesota by the Governor due to the cold.

Darlinikki150
January 3rd, 2014, 01:12 PM
Oh brutal!!!

SUPharmacist
January 3rd, 2014, 01:37 PM
You may want to stay there at least until middle next week!!

http://forecast.weather.gov/showsigwx.php?warnzone=NDZ039&warncounty=NDC017&firewxzone=NDZ039&local_place1=&product1=Hazardous+Weather+Outlook#.UscIOj_nYok

Low temps close to -30!! Schools cancelled Monday for the state of Minnesota by the Governor due to the cold.

I was a Minnesotan before a Bison, and I have to say we are being a bunch of chickens. Those sound like nice winter days.

gumby013
January 3rd, 2014, 01:39 PM
My favorite winter days were the -30 ones. I actually miss them.

Hammerhead
January 3rd, 2014, 01:41 PM
Kids these days have it so easy. I once delivered newspapers when the wind chill was 60 below according to the current wind chill formula.

I was a Minnesotan before a Bison, and I have to say we are being a bunch of chickens. Those sound like nice winter days.

IBleedYellow
January 3rd, 2014, 01:46 PM
I'm content here.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

darell1976
January 3rd, 2014, 01:49 PM

They are thinking of the bus kids freezing waiting for the bus. Lately in the news there are more and more problems with bus drivers missing stops, and forgetting kids on the bus.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/422601/

FARGO – Two Fargo schoolchildren were left unattended in a Valley Bus school bus in the firm’s parking lot Thursday morning when the driver failed to check the vehicle before leaving it.
Fortunately, the bus was left running.
The temperature at Fargo’s Hector International Airport was 23 degrees below zero at 6:53 a.m., and had only risen to about 13 below zero by 10:53 a.m., according to the National Weather Service.

I would rather they be on the side of caution and cancel school in this kind of weather. Kids' (especially preschool and elementary kids) skin freeze faster than older kids and adults. Better safe than sorry.

BisonBacker
January 3rd, 2014, 01:51 PM
Those cold temps make for great wood splitting days. Cold temps like -20 makes the wood split really nicely.

Gil Dobie
January 3rd, 2014, 01:58 PM
Those cold temps make for great wood splitting days. Cold temps like -20 makes the wood split really nicely.

Nice time to play cards into the night.

Hammerhead
January 3rd, 2014, 02:20 PM
It's also a good time to defrost the deep freezer. No need to worry about keeping your food cold if you just leave it outside.

caribbeanhen
January 3rd, 2014, 02:46 PM
I had to turn the heater on this morning, the Caribbean winter has been especially brutal this year with the temp plunging below 72 degrees (above zero), might not be able to watch the game from poolside in these conditions

TheRevSFA
January 3rd, 2014, 06:48 PM
It's a miserable 43 degrees here on the Texas coast. Brrrrrrrr

Yeah laugh, but it shouldn't be this cold where Palm trees grow

dgtw
January 3rd, 2014, 09:46 PM
My wife and son are in Minnesota for a wrestling tournament, not enjoying the cold. She did say she saw a bunch of NDSU fans at the airport up there and wished them luck.