PDA

View Full Version : I-AA Playoff Picks (Post Week Seven)

TexasTerror
October 15th, 2006, 10:58 AM
Who are your picks now?

Can the A10 really get four teams in? I think it's probable thanks to the SLC/Patriot woes. It was a tough decision squeezing the Gateway as much as I did. I think they'll have a team get 'WOOFED'. Does Coastal Carolina have a legit argument? Can Georgia Southern take care of business and work their way back in? Is Towson over-rated? What about Tenn-Martin, would it be concievable for the OVC to get two teams in?

Autos:
A10: UMass
Big Sky: Montana
Gateway: Illinois St
MEAC: Hampton
OVC: Eastern Illinois
Patriot: Lafayette
SoCon: Appy State
SLC: Sam Houston St

At-Larges:
A10: Maine, New Hampshire, James Madison
Big Sky: Montana St
Gateway:Youngstown St, Southern Illinois
Great West: Cal Poly
SoCon: Furman

Next in line (in no particular order)...Portland St, Tennessee-Martin, Towson, Coastal Carolina, Northern Iowa

FlyYtown
October 15th, 2006, 11:15 AM
*Auto Bids, At-Large:
A10: *New Hampshire, UMass, James Madison
Big Sky: *Montana
Big South: Coastal Carolina
Gateway: *Illinois St, Youngstown State, Southern Illinois, UNI
MEAC: *Hampton
OVC: *Eastern Illinois
Patriot: *Holy Cross
SoCon: *Appy State, Furman
SLC: *Sam Houston St

I didn't put much thought into it... But I do think before the end of the season, the Gateway will have 4 teams in the Top 14, somehow UNI slips in.

If I messed anything up, lemme know.

TexasTerror
October 15th, 2006, 11:22 AM
I didn't put much thought into it... But I do think before the end of the season, the Gateway will have 4 teams in the Top 14, somehow UNI slips in.

It would not surprise me, but it will be the Gateway or the A10 getting four bids while the other gets three...

Both of these leagues should be thankful the SLC and Patriot won't get multi-bids as another bid or two are definitely created here, which will probably allow Coastal Carolina in barring anything crazy in their Big South schedule...

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2006, 11:44 AM
I think the Gateway will get a minimum of 3...hard to say who gets left out. Right now SIU is the only one of the 4 with a loss. After Saturday YSU or UNI will have one.

PIRATETIZED1
October 15th, 2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by TexasTerror
Who are your picks now?

Can the A10 really get four teams in? I think it's probable thanks to the SLC/Patriot woes. It was a tough decision squeezing the Gateway as much as I did. I think they'll have a team get 'WOOFED'. Does Coastal Carolina have a legit argument? Can Georgia Southern take care of business and work their way back in? Is Towson over-rated? What about Tenn-Martin, would it be concievable for the OVC to get two teams in?

Autos:

At-Larges:

Next in line (in no particular order)...Portland St, Tennessee-Martin, Towson, Coastal Carolina, Northern Iowa

TT........

I don't agree with your PATRIOT pick. IMO, Holy Cross looks to me to be in PL rep this year. They need to win key conference games...I believe they are the stronger team this year.

And I do not agree with Montana State as an at large. How about Portland St.??? Man, after 10/28th, they will have played 3 Div.I-A Teams. If they beat everyone other than Oregon, then the "Vikings" got my vote as an at large!!!

PIRATETIZED :cool:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
HAMPTON UNIVERSITY - “…Of Service To God and Our Nation…”

umassfan
October 15th, 2006, 05:29 PM
*Auto Bids, At-Large:
A10: *New Hampshire, UMass, James Madison
Big Sky: *Montana
Big South: Coastal Carolina
Gateway: *Illinois St, Youngstown State, Southern Illinois, UNI
MEAC: *Hampton
OVC: *Eastern Illinois
Patriot: *Holy Cross
SoCon: *Appy State, Furman
SLC: *Sam Houston St

If I messed anything up, lemme know.
You messed up because there will be 4 A10 teams ranked higher then 4 Gateway teams. Also UNH has a conference loss when Maine, UMass, and JMU dont. How can you predict that UNH will get the auto at this point?

smallcollegefbfan
October 15th, 2006, 06:03 PM
Here is how I see it.

Autobids:
A10: UMASS
Gateway: Illinois State
OVC: UT-Martin
Patriot: Holy Cross
SoCon: Appalachian State
SLC: Sam Houston State

At-Larges
A10: UNH, JMU, Richmond
Big Sky: None
Gateway: Youngstown State, Southern Illinois, UNI
MEAC: None
OVC: None
Patriot: None
Big South: None but CCU could have an argument if they run the table.

On the bubble: Eastern Illinois, Portland State, San Diego, Maine, Coastal Carolina, Montana State.

If I were ranking them from 1-16, in terms of seeds, like the playoffs were done a few years back, here is what I would have:

1. App State- defending champs go 10-1 with only loss to I-A.
2. Montana- Only loss to I-A Oregon. They are stacked.
3. Illinois State- Stacked and dominating league play.
4. UMASS- See No. 3.
5. Cal Poly- They are dominant on defense and the offense could be clicking by the playoffs.
6. Youngstown State- Only loss to I-A Penn State. They have one of the best CB duos in the nation.
7. James Madison- They beat UNH when they were ranked No. 1 and have the talent to make a run like they did in 2004.
8. New Hampshire- They have tons of talent but if they lose to UMASS they could fall out of the top 10, unless it is a close one.
9. Hampton- MEAC champs have no trouble with schedule.
10. Furman- Has 2 losses and will probably get a 3rd. They are still a legit top 10-12 team though.
11. Northern Iowa- They need to run the table IMO but still have a top 15 team if they don't.
12. Southern Illlinois- They have the best RB in the nation but this might even be too high because the Gateway might beat up on each other.
13. Richmond- Very impressive but loss to UNH not as good of a loss as it was.
14. Sam Houston State- I think they surprise everyone and run the table in the Southland, if they don't they would still be top 15 unless something drastic happens to them.
15. UT-Martin- They are underrated and might win a first round game if they don't have to play at App State or Furman in the south region.
16. Holy Cross- They might be on the road at UMASS, ASU, or UNH in the first round. OUCH!

TexasTerror
October 15th, 2006, 06:07 PM
I've been asked about SHSU and the playoffs...where I see the Kats heading if we make the playoffs...

If the Kats win out from here on out and finish 9-2 (sole losses to I-A schools), they are deserving of a home game. They'll then get sent on the road to Montana or Cal Poly for the QFs.

A loss and the Kats, if they win the SLC's auto-bid, will be heading to Cal Poly or Montana...simple as that.

smallcollegefbfan
October 15th, 2006, 06:14 PM
I think Sam Houston could win a game if they play at home. I just don't know if you got the offense to score a lot on Cal Poly. I would like to see you or someone from the SLC do it with everyone talking about how down you are, including me. I don't think the SLC winner goes far at all but it would be nice to see it, with all the struggles that part of the country has had over the last year.

Umass74
October 15th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Maine is tied for the lead in the A10 North.

They've lost only to YSU on the road and Boston College.

If they win one of two against UNH and UMass and beat Hofstra, URI and Northeastern, the Black Bears absolutely belong in the playoffs.

UMass922
October 15th, 2006, 06:40 PM
How on earth can Maine and Towson be ahead of Richmond in the A-10 pecking order? Consider:

- Towson (4-2) has already been exposed (being blown out at home two weeks in a row) and still has Richmond and JMU on their schedule.

- Maine (4-2) hasn't done anything remotely impressive other than win at Towson, and, assuming they win their next three games, will have to beat either UMass or UNH just to get to seven D-I wins (and will have to beat both, obviously, to get to eight).

- Richmond (5-1), meanwhile, played UNH tough, has a shutout win over a I-A, and has a very favorable remaining schedule. They could lose to JMU, get upset in one of their other games, and still finish 8-3.

Richmond seems to me to clearly have the best playoff chances of the three teams.

tribe_pride
October 15th, 2006, 07:22 PM
Out of curiosity, why is everyone leaving Richmond out of this?

They lost 1 game 27-17 at New Hampshire who was #1 at the time. From here on out, they host Delaware then JMU. They then travel to Nova, host Towson, and then go to W&M.

I can't see leaving them out with a 9-2 record (assuming (not guaranteed) loss to JMU at worst with what is remaining). My guess is right or wrong, Maine gets left behind ahead of them if they finish 9-2 assuming Maine loses to either UNH or UMass.

tribe_pride
October 15th, 2006, 07:31 PM
How on earth can Maine and Towson be ahead of Richmond in the A-10 pecking order? Consider:

- Towson (4-2) has already been exposed (being blown out at home two weeks in a row) and still has Richmond and JMU on their schedule.

- Maine (4-2) hasn't done anything remotely impressive other than win at Towson, and, assuming they win their next three games, will have to beat either UMass or UNH just to get to seven D-I wins (and will have to beat both, obviously, to get to eight).

- Richmond (5-1), meanwhile, played UNH tough, has a shutout win over a I-A, and has a very favorable remaining schedule. They could lose to JMU, get upset in one of their other games, and still finish 8-3.

Richmond seems to me to clearly have the best playoff chances of the three teams.

I was going to write the same thing but you beat me to it. Only difference is they may not make it with a 8-3 record. Right or Wrong, Maine may need to win out to get in.

Top 5 in the A-10 are very strong, Towson is pretty damn good. The rest are just not very good.

FlyYtown
October 15th, 2006, 07:38 PM
The A-10 is too wide open right now... The Gateway is going to have at least 3, just look at it right now... They will get 4 over the A-10 if SIU and UNI are 8-3 come years end and YSU and ILSU are 9-2 come years end...

blur2005
October 15th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Let's say, hypothetically, that UNH, UMass, JMU, Richmond, and Maine alll go at least 8-3. This would create an interesting situation, as it is possible that UNH could go 9-2, only getting upset by Maine. Can you keep a team like Maine out of the playoffs with a record of 8-3 with a win over UNH? Moreover, could you keep any of these five teams out?

It is definitely possible that this could occur, although knowing th A-10, unlikely.

elkmcc
October 15th, 2006, 09:15 PM
Here is how I see it.

I am sure the Griz appreciated the compliment but they lost to Iowa, not Oregon. The Griz lost to Oregon last year.

Hansel
October 15th, 2006, 09:17 PM
TT........

I don't agree with your PATRIOT pick. IMO, Holy Cross looks to me to be in PL rep this year. They need to win key conference games...I believe they are the stronger team this year.

And I do not agree with Montana State as an at large. How about Portland St.??? Man, after 10/28th, they will have played 3 Div.I-A Teams. If they beat everyone other than Oregon, then the "Vikings" got my vote as an at large!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Montana State beat Portland State :nod:

UMass922
October 15th, 2006, 09:24 PM
Let's say, hypothetically, that UNH, UMass, JMU, Richmond, and Maine alll go at least 8-3. This would create an interesting situation, as it is possible that UNH could go 9-2, only getting upset by Maine. Can you keep a team like Maine out of the playoffs with a record of 8-3 with a win over UNH? Moreover, could you keep any of these five teams out?

It is definitely possible that this could occur, although knowing th A-10, unlikely.

Remember that one of Maine's wins is over a sub-DI team (Shaw), so for all intents and purposes their record would be 7-3. That would almost certainly make them the odd team out.

PIRATETIZED1
October 15th, 2006, 11:25 PM
Posted by Hansel
Montana State beat Portland State

True 'dat!

But Montana State lost to a Div.II Team .....: smh :

--------------------------------------------------------------------

CatFan22
October 15th, 2006, 11:27 PM
True 'dat!

But Montana State lost to a Div.II Team .....: smh :

--------------------------------------------------------------------

...but beat a I-A team.

PantherMan
October 16th, 2006, 12:11 AM
...but beat a I-A team.

Who really isn't that bad either...:nod:

BisonBacker
October 16th, 2006, 12:11 AM
...but beat a I-A team.
That doesn't matter that loss to a DII kills.

CatFan22
October 16th, 2006, 12:50 AM
That doesn't matter that loss to a DII kills.

So none of the wins matter then? If you are going to say that, then that is going to be your logic for any team. If a team goes 10-1 with a I-A win and the only loss being a DII loss, should they be bounced from any playoff consideration?

Tribe4SF
October 16th, 2006, 06:47 AM
I think the A-10 gets four this year, and those four are UMass, JMU, UNH and UR. Maine is pretty good, but having seen them, they are not at the level of the other four, all of whom I have in the top 10.

furman94
October 16th, 2006, 06:55 AM
Here is how I see it.

Autobids:
A10: UMASS
Gateway: Illinois State
OVC: UT-Martin
Patriot: Holy Cross
SoCon: Appalachian State
SLC: Sam Houston State

At-Larges
A10: UNH, JMU, Richmond
Big Sky: None
Gateway: Youngstown State, Southern Illinois, UNI
MEAC: None
OVC: None
Patriot: None
Big South: None but CCU could have an argument if they run the table.

On the bubble: Eastern Illinois, Portland State, San Diego, Maine, Coastal Carolina, Montana State.

If I were ranking them from 1-16, in terms of seeds, like the playoffs were done a few years back, here is what I would have:

1. App State- defending champs go 10-1 with only loss to I-A.
3. Illinois State- Stacked and dominating league play.
4. UMASS- See No. 3.
5. Cal Poly- They are dominant on defense and the offense could be clicking by the playoffs.
6. Youngstown State- Only loss to I-A Penn State. They have one of the best CB duos in the nation.
7. James Madison- They beat UNH when they were ranked No. 1 and have the talent to make a run like they did in 2004.
8. New Hampshire- They have tons of talent but if they lose to UMASS they could fall out of the top 10, unless it is a close one.
9. Hampton- MEAC champs have no trouble with schedule.
10. Furman- Has 2 losses and will probably get a 3rd. They are still a legit top 10-12 team though.
11. Northern Iowa- They need to run the table IMO but still have a top 15 team if they don't.
12. Southern Illlinois- They have the best RB in the nation but this might even be too high because the Gateway might beat up on each other.
13. Richmond- Very impressive but loss to UNH not as good of a loss as it was.
14. Sam Houston State- I think they surprise everyone and run the table in the Southland, if they don't they would still be top 15 unless something drastic happens to them.
15. UT-Martin- They are underrated and might win a first round game if they don't have to play at App State or Furman in the south region.
16. Holy Cross- They might be on the road at UMASS, ASU, or UNH in the first round. OUCH!

A third to who!? App State scored in the first quarter only against Wofford. We beat Wofford. I think we have a good chance this year up at KBS.(GSU is our homecoming. We won't loose that one!)

AppGuy04
October 16th, 2006, 07:33 AM
A third to who!? App State scored in the first quarter only against Wofford. We beat Wofford. I think we have a good chance this year up at KBS.(GSU is our homecoming. We won't loose that one!)

ASU and Furman will be 1 and 2, depending who wins the game. I think thats all that gets in from the SoCon

Death Dealer
October 16th, 2006, 08:48 AM
(GSU is our homecoming. We won't loose that one!)

Actually, Chatty is our homecoming opponent this year. But otherwise, you are right about the GSU game. We will not LOSE! I hope.:D

Beating Appy will be an uphill battle, but I believe we can do it if we come to their house to play and can stay focused for all four quarters (which has been our biggest challenge this year! Is that age/maturity? We are a young team.) If we beat them in the regular season, we will most likely see them in the playoffs, and beating them twice is gonna be tough to say the least!

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2006, 09:18 AM
I think the Gateway and A-10 will each get 3-4. Too many key game left to tell who will be the teams that make it.

In the Gateway you still have:
UNI-YSU
UNI-SIU
UNI- IL St
Il St-YSU
YSU-SIU

not to mention games against tough teams like WIU.

JMU_MRD'03-'07
October 16th, 2006, 09:52 AM
I see the A-10 getting 3. JMU, UNH, UMass
Maine has too difficult of a schedule playing UMass and UNH with two losses already. A four loss team will not make the playoffs and I feel that Maine will end up that way.
I also feel that if Richmond and Maine end up with three losses, Richmond would get the bid.
But here's to hoping at least the Blackbears or Wildcats can upend UMass so that JMU can get the Autobid if they win out the season!

PIRATETIZED1
October 16th, 2006, 10:32 AM
Posted by CatFan22
So none of the wins matter then? If you are going to say that, then that is going to be your logic for any team. If a team goes 10-1 with a I-A win and the only loss being a DII loss, should they be bounced from any playoff consideration?

CF22.......
Using your 10-1 example w/I-A win & Div.II loss; my answer is NO. That team would not "be bounced", because they would win their conference (being undefeated) & get an auto entry anyway. If you read back to the original post, my comment was on Montana St. not getting in as an at large with a 7-4 record, not winning their conference & having a Div.II loss eventhough they have a Div.I-A win.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

BillLuc1982
October 16th, 2006, 11:06 AM
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned ND State, or aren't they eligible for the playoffs this year?

Russ B
October 16th, 2006, 11:16 AM
Not eligible.

Death Dealer
October 16th, 2006, 11:17 AM
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned ND State, or aren't they eligible for the playoffs this year?

I am pretty sure they are not eligible. Transition year.

USDFAN_55
October 16th, 2006, 11:53 AM
What about San Diego?..... hahahahah. Just kidding guys. I'm sure that got your blood boiling. I'm just hoping CalPoly does good this year. I have to pull for the local team, and they are looking tough this year. I'm hoping I can make the game against SDSU.

Death Dealer
October 16th, 2006, 12:23 PM
What about San Diego?..... hahahahah. Just kidding guys. I'm sure that got your blood boiling. I'm just hoping CalPoly does good this year. I have to pull for the local team, and they are looking tough this year. I'm hoping I can make the game against SDSU.

You know what USDF55? I think they are probably a pretty good team, and all they have to do to prove it is what everybody keeps saying....beef up the schedule next year or at least soon. Harbaugh needs to chill out too. That has nothing to do with the quality of the team, he just comes across as an A$$HOLE to the rest of I-AA. If your guys can blow out weak teams week after week, maybe you can win a few reasonable victories against decent competition. Who knows. Pretty good for a non-scholly. I still wish your comrades would cut back a little on the posts about the playoffs though.

blur2005
October 16th, 2006, 12:23 PM
I am pretty sure they are not eligible. Transition year.
Yeah, and that's a real bite as NDSU certainly is one of the best teams in I-AA. I don't actually think the Bison are eligible until 2008!!?

USDFAN_55
October 16th, 2006, 12:34 PM
You know what USDF55? I think they are probably a pretty good team, and all they have to do to prove it is what everybody keeps saying....beef up the schedule next year or at least soon. Harbaugh needs to chill out too. That has nothing to do with the quality of the team, he just comes across as an A$$HOLE to the rest of I-AA. If your guys can blow out weak teams week after week, maybe you can win a few reasonable victories against decent competition. Who knows. Pretty good for a non-scholly. I still wish your comrades would cut back a little on the posts about the playoffs though.

Hey you are preaching to the choir here. I don't think USD should get in the playoffs, but I thought I would ruffle some of your guys' tail feathers. Looks like it worked.:smiley_wi

Death Dealer
October 16th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Yeah, and that's a real bite as NDSU certainly is one of the best teams in I-AA. I don't actually think the Bison are eligible until 2008!!?

Yeah, it sucks, 'cause they appear to be pretty good, and have played a pretty tough schedule from what I've seen....not exactly following them closely. 2008? I guess them's the rules, but I still feel bad for them.

dbackjon
October 16th, 2006, 12:37 PM
Autobids
New Hampshire (10-1)
Montana (10-1)
Illinois State (9-2)
Hampton (11-0)
Tn-Martin (10-1) *
Holy Cross (7-4)
Appalachian State (10-1) *
Sam Houston State (8-3) *

At-Large (In order of likelihood)
Richmond (10-1) #
UMass (9-2)
SIU (9-2) #
Youngstown St (9-2) *
Cal-Poly (8-3) *
Furman (8-3) *
Eastern Illinois (8-4)
James Madison (8-3) *

Playoff eligible, not selected:
Montana State (7-4) #
Coastal Carolina (8-3)
Jacksonville State (7-4)
Bethune-Cookman (7-4)
Norfolk State (8-3) *
Northern Iowa (7-4)

* Has non Division I win
# Has I-A win

***Only change from last week was adding James Madison, knocking Montana State out of last spot***

AZGrizFan
October 16th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Who are your picks now?

Autos:

At-Larges:

If Montana gets the Autobid from the BSC, no way Mt State gets in. The'll have 4 losses. If MSU beats UM, we'll have a shared title with MSU getting the autobid and UM getting an at-large bid. That's assuming of course, they both with all games up to their 11/18 game.

I'd rather see scenario A. xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex xcoffeex

Death Dealer
October 16th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Hey you are preaching to the choir here. I don't think USD should get in the playoffs, but I thought I would ruffle some of your guys' tail feathers. Looks like it worked.:smiley_wi

No. No tail feathers ruffled here....I read one of your other posts where you said the same thing....I knew you were being a little tounge in cheek. And believe me, I feel for your fans. Tough to see what you think is a great team not get a chance to prove it because their administration didn't schedule well. But if they are as good as all the fans keep saying, and the schedule contiues to improve, their day will come. I am excited that I-AA keeps getting better and better. It seems inevitable that as all of the conferences improve we are going to have to reform the playoff process, but no major change like that comes quickly or easily...I expect some serious growing pains. Of course, I'm no expert on all that...I'm just using common sense when I say something like that.

Chants '07
October 16th, 2006, 02:15 PM
Autobids
New Hampshire (10-1)
Montana (10-1)
Illinois State (9-2)
Hampton (11-0)
Tn-Martin (10-1) *
Holy Cross (7-4)
Appalachian State (10-1) *
Sam Houston State (8-3) *

At-Large (In order of likelihood)
Richmond (10-1) #
UMass (9-2)
SIU (9-2) #
Youngstown St (9-2) *
Cal-Poly (8-3) *
Furman (8-3) *
Eastern Illinois (8-4)
James Madison (8-3) *

Playoff eligible, not selected:
Montana State (7-4) #
Coastal Carolina (8-3)
Jacksonville State (7-4)
Bethune-Cookman (7-4)
Norfolk State (8-3) *
Northern Iowa (7-4)

* Has non Division I win
# Has I-A win

***Only change from last week was adding James Madison, knocking Montana State out of last spot***

You have CCU finishing 8-3...Who do you have beating us?

dbackjon
October 16th, 2006, 02:18 PM
You have CCU finishing 8-3...Who do you have beating us?

Liberty.

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2006, 02:23 PM

no

goguins444
October 16th, 2006, 02:42 PM
Is Bomar gonna get to play this year for Sam Houston?

kirkblitz
October 16th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Liberty.

xlolx xlolx xlolx

MarkCCU
October 16th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Liberty.

:nono: :nono: :nono: xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :nono: :nono: :nono: xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :nono: :nono: :nono: xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

That's funny, really. Coastal will go 9-2, Liberty will go down in flames this Saturday, So will Sav. State, GWebb and for punishment/revenge CHARLESTON SOUTHERN! LET THE HATE FLOWhttp://re3.mm-a6.yimg.com/image/2208212022

CCU97
October 16th, 2006, 04:33 PM
Even if We go 9-2 mark my words....we may still be on the outside looking in....we need some teams to lose and we need to be impressive in our wins (not like the VMI game). We very well may have improved our schedule but as the new kids on the block we have yet to get respect and until we gain that we can't assume that winning out will get us in the tourney.

Saluki_man
October 16th, 2006, 06:16 PM
There will be three Gateway in the playoffs. ISU and YSU are given, unless they have a complete collapse they will make the playoffs. Two teams still have work to do.

UNI has a very difficult schedule comming up.

@YSU
WIU
WKU
@SIU
IL ST

This is a brutal finishing schedule, even with three at home. If they loose two of these games, they will not make the playoffs. They have a DII loss, and if they finish 7-4 other teams will have a better resume than UNI.

SIU on the other hand has this finishing schedule:

WKU
@MSU
@YSU
UNI
Southern Utah

SIU can win atleast three of these, they will be in the playoffs. Even though they do have a non-DI win, they do have the Indiana win in their pocket which gives them an edge over most I-AA teams.

TexasTerror
October 16th, 2006, 06:18 PM
Is Bomar gonna get to play this year for Sam Houston?

Does it matter? We're good without him...

We may use him as a backup if we run up the score against one of our rivals like SFA or TxSt. xlolx

He's got to earn the spot...the Kats are fine...

All seriousness, Bomar situation is up in the air...

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2006, 06:42 PM
Your starter is better than OU's starter? :confused:

Dabnus Brickey
October 16th, 2006, 09:21 PM
We need to be more than impressive the rest of the way. I'm glad we have a week off.

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2006, 11:34 PM
We need to be more than impressive the rest of the way. I'm glad we have a week off.

Would be nice to see Coastal finally take that next step. :nod:

LeopardFan04
October 16th, 2006, 11:57 PM
looks good jon...

(and nice user name Dabnus)

redbirdtim
October 17th, 2006, 01:32 AM
Oh The Cosby Show...:rotateh:

LU van
October 17th, 2006, 07:43 AM
If Holy Cross ends up 7-4, they will have 2 conference losses and will not get the Patriot autobid. In that case, Lehigh, Laughy Yet, or Cold gate would likely be the auto bid.

BlueHenBoy
October 17th, 2006, 07:53 AM
If Delaware were to run the table would they get into the playoffs? DOn't fire back at Delaware just answer the question.

LU van
October 17th, 2006, 08:00 AM
First of all, that won't happen.

But if Delaware is at 8-3, possible but not likely. They would be the fifth best team from the A-10, baring a meltdown by JMU, U Mass, UNH, Richmond, (or Maine and Towson which I expect). I don't see all of that happening.

GGASU
October 17th, 2006, 08:02 AM

Yes you do have a good chance at KBS this year......

1. You have a good chance of being cold..

2. You have a good chance of being cursed at.

3. You have a good chance of seeing some pretty leaves.

4. You have a good chance of having to use the bathroom in a port-a-john

5. You have a 100% chance of a Loss.
No way on Earth will Furman get the win in this one.

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2006, 09:36 AM
5. You have a 100% chance of a Loss.
No way on Earth will Furman get the win in this one.

Can we keep this on record somewhere?

CCU97
October 17th, 2006, 03:33 PM

Is very possible....depends on a teams strength of schedule ext...wasn't too long ago that Coastal went 10-1 on the year and was on the outside looking in....not every 10-1 team deserves to make the playoffs....if Charleston Southern goes 10-1 this year you have to look and see that 4 of their wins were vs Div II teams and so they would be 6-1 vs IAA. Does that deserve to get into the playoffs? If so I want to know the logic since it has bounced other teams in the past (Coastal included). But then again that is just my :twocents:

Black and Gold Express
October 17th, 2006, 03:45 PM
What, nobody picked San Diego? xlolx

CSUBUCDAD
October 17th, 2006, 04:09 PM
If Coastal runs the table and wins the Big South, you have to put them in over Furman.
Also, if CSU wins the Big South, I do not think their schedule strength would qualify them for an at large this year. 2 years from now it will be an auto so it won't matter then.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 17th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Yes, ladies and gents, it's about that time of year again when we start playing "Who get's left out this year? (but should be in...)"

Three years ago - Lehigh
Two year ago - Cal Poly
Last year - Youngstown State

My guess at the moment for this year... :rolleyes:

Coastal Carolina. Unlike last year when they lost in the last seconds, this year, it simply won't matter. They will have the record, and the schedule strength will kill them. They will undoubtly be angry, rightfully so, at Furman getting a spot despite beating that team.

Just the way it goes sometimes...

...and traveling but shouldn't - UNH. Yes, I think New Hampshire will take care of business, but never regain a seeding position. They'll lose to UMass. JMU / UR / UMass runs away with the title and a seed. We'll see who over the next few weeks...

Disclaimer: Maine still could do something crazy and keep winning! xidiotx :confused:

JMU_MRD'03-'07
October 17th, 2006, 05:30 PM
...and traveling but shouldn't - UNH. Yes, I think New Hampshire will take care of business, but never regain a seeding position. They'll lose to UMass. JMU / UR / UMass runs away with the title and a seed. We'll see who over the next few weeks...

Disclaimer: Maine still could do something crazy and keep winning! xidiotx :confused:

How I do agree... Richmond seems to have been quite forgotten by most. If JMU is going to loose and therefore loose its chance at an auto and/or a seed it will be at Richmond.

Having Maine run the table against UNH and UMass would be insane!! I wish them the best of luck because it would be the most impressive event since '04 when we ran through 4 strait road wins in the playoffs.

bandl
October 17th, 2006, 05:34 PM
Can we keep this on record somewhere?

Well, uh....YEAH. It will be on this website. :confused:

:p

RabidRabbit
October 17th, 2006, 05:40 PM
If Coastal runs the table and wins the Big South, you have to put them in over Furman.
Also, if CSU wins the Big South, I do not think their schedule strength would qualify them for an at large this year. 2 years from now it will be an auto so it won't matter then.

How does Big South get to Auto bid (eligibility only, play-offs have to expand to add autobid conferences) in only two years? I'm only aware of Presbyterian joining Big South, then they have 7 years before eligible. Is an EXISTING, been in D-I school since prior to 2003 joining the Big South next year?

GaSouthern
October 17th, 2006, 05:41 PM
GSU is out unless we win out... NDSU gets woofed by way of ncaa rules, they deserve it if they can keep it up though!

redspider
October 18th, 2006, 04:08 PM
There is not doubt in mind that the A-10 will get four teams. There are just to many strong teams. How are you going to deny UMASS, New Hampsire, Richmond or JMU bids? If they continue to play the way they do. Even if New Hampshire does lose at UMASS which I think could happen. We will have UMASS 9-1 with the only loss against a good 1-A team. The Wildcats 8-2, Richmond probably 8-2, JMU 8-2 and what about Maine who could also go 8-2(against Divison 1teams). With an a A-10 this deep the question should be if all of these teams went 8-2 or one went 9-1 and the others 8-2 would as Matt Dougherty asked the commitee go as far as to pick 5. I believe that it would not in order to ensure that one confrence is not too represented but if they did I would not blame them.

BillLuc1982
October 18th, 2006, 04:11 PM
How I do agree... Richmond seems to have been quite forgotten by most. If JMU is going to loose and therefore loose its chance at an auto and/or a seed it will be at Richmond.

Having Maine run the table against UNH and UMass would be insane!! I wish them the best of luck because it would be the most impressive event since '04 when we ran through 4 strait road wins in the playoffs.

I would hate to see Maine make it and YSU go 8-3 (despite beating Maine) just to get woofed again. Considering their I-AA non-conference schedule is strong. Hopefully YSU will go 9-2 or 10-1 :)

poly51
October 18th, 2006, 04:27 PM
If they lose to a highly ranked D-II team they should not be bounced. There are times when the top D-II team is better the the top I-AA teams.

rcny46
October 18th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Redspider,I would be willing to bet the farm that the A-10 does not get 5 teams into the playoffs.If UMass wins out,and Maine defeats UNH (not beyond the realm of possibility by any means),and Maine and UNH both go 8-3,then one of those two will be staying home IMO.

UMass922
October 18th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Redspider,I would be willing to bet the farm that the A-10 does not get 5 teams into the playoffs.If UMass wins out,and Maine defeats UNH (not beyond the realm of possibility by any means),and Maine and UNH both go 8-3,then one of those two will be staying home IMO.

Maine has to win out to get in, IMHO. Remember that one of Maine's wins is over a D-II, so as it stands now, they can't finish with more than eight D-I wins. Which means that if Maine loses even just once more, they'll only have seven D-I wins--and we all know that it's all but impossible for a seven-win team to make the playoffs. A lot of other potential at-large teams would have to flounder in order for Maine to get in with seven. If Maine and UNH both finish 8-3, I still think UNH gets in over Maine, even if Maine wins the head-to-head.