PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Illinois Coaching Search

PanthersBlue
January 2nd, 2014, 05:04 PM
Three names have come to light in the search for the next head coach.

Lance Leipold - Head Coach, Wisconsion-Whitewater

Curt Mallory - DB Coach, Michigan

Bill Legg - OC, Marshall

I really like the idea of Leipold.

Laker
January 2nd, 2014, 05:07 PM

Bill Legg - OC, Marshall

That would be a great choice.

I see that the Panthers play in Minneapolis August 28th.

Skyhawk71
January 2nd, 2014, 05:12 PM
We all know how good UW-Whitewater has been, but goodness, Leipold is 94-6; 29-1 in the playoffs, 5 NC's; .940 win percentage.................Wow (just saved the rest of you a Google moment)

centennial
January 2nd, 2014, 05:16 PM
UW-Whitewater is an incredible team at their level. He would be a good fit.

Bison Fan in NW MN
January 2nd, 2014, 05:44 PM
We all know how good UW-Whitewater has been, but goodness, Leipold is 94-6; 29-1 in the playoffs, 5 NC's; .940 win percentage.................Wow (just saved the rest of you a Google moment)

Pretty unreall run they have had.

WOW

94%....wow!!

Cocky
January 3rd, 2014, 07:42 AM
What type offense does UWW run?

MplsBison
January 3rd, 2014, 12:08 PM

Bill Legg - OC, Marshall

I *LOVE* the concept of taking successful coaches at lower levels and bringing them up.

Doesn't happen nearly enough. The fans, boosters, admin, etc. at the higher up program always think that the lower level coaches can't transfer their experience to the higher level and that it's not the same thing. That's bunk, in my opinion.

True, NDSU did get a very good coach in Bohl who was a coordinator at Nebraska. For what it's worth.

That said, I can't help but feel that EIU is going to go the way of Indiana St. Their coach is gone and Garappolo is gone.

Sycamore62
January 3rd, 2014, 12:39 PM
I *LOVE* the concept of taking successful coaches at lower levels and bringing them up.

Doesn't happen nearly enough. The fans, boosters, admin, etc. at the higher up program always think that the lower level coaches can't transfer their experience to the higher level and that it's not the same thing. That's bunk, in my opinion.

True, NDSU did get a very good coach in Bohl who was a coordinator at Nebraska. For what it's worth.

That said, I can't help but feel that EIU is going to go the way of Indiana St. Their coach is gone and Garappolo is gone.

Regarding the last part, I'd say that there is more left than what was at Indiana St. What was left in the cupboard was injured for most of the season.

PanthersBlue
January 3rd, 2014, 01:32 PM
Regarding the last part, I'd say that there is more left than what was at Indiana St. What was left in the cupboard was injured for most of the season.

I think there is a lot left. Enough to still be very good.

Sycamore62
January 3rd, 2014, 03:04 PM
I think there is a lot left. Enough to still be very good.

to be clear, im saying there was little left at ISU.

Im disappointed that we might never know if it was the QB or the coach or how much of each.

Wallace
January 3rd, 2014, 05:08 PM
It was the QB. Spoo set a tone for the program so any coach would fit in but JG was a special player.

http://www.illinoishomepage.net/story/spoo-awe-struck-by-eius-success/d/story/zHcKlil15Uif4hywxMPPVQ

nice video and great guy