PDA

View Full Version : NDSU goes to Big Ten Minnesota undefeated at 6-0 Who will win?

BisonBacker
October 15th, 2006, 09:50 AM
This games been one that many Bison fans have been waiting for. Now that its officially game week we can talk about it. I know that Minnesota is having a bad year but they still are a Big Ten team and have 85 schollies. So with NDSU being 6-0 what are our chances of getting out of the Metrodome with a W? I used to say I would be happy if they kept it close but now am really thinking that a W is not out of the question. Even if Minnesota is having a down year this will be a big Win if we can get it.
I will predict
NDSU 24
Minnesota 21
:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

No_Skill
October 15th, 2006, 10:02 AM
The forums are buzzing on both side about how NDSU could pull this upset. NDSU is coming into the game with a 6-0 record and a team full of Minnesota kids "not good enough" to play for the Gophers. While UM is coming into the game with 2-5 record fresh off a 48-12 beating from the Wisconsin Badgers and looking ahead to another beating from THE Ohio State.

PantherMan
October 15th, 2006, 10:03 AM
This is a winnable game for NDSU. Minnesota has looked downright pitiful this season. However, the Bison will need to get an early lead in this one to pull it out. Minnesota has some offensive players that can move the ball and it'd be a shame if this is the game Minnesota finally gets healthy for. Remember, they had PSU beat a couple weeks ago in the Metro Dome...

FlyYtown
October 15th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Minnesota-31
NDSU-17

th0m
October 15th, 2006, 10:18 AM
If you guys won, you'd have just as many I-A wins as them! Think about it!

Go Bison!

wannabegaucho
October 15th, 2006, 10:29 AM
Please win! That way maybe they can fire Glen Mason, who, sad to say, has had his teams progressively get worse.

GaSouthern
October 15th, 2006, 11:27 AM
If the bison pull this out I put them #1 in my book for sure!

Cocky
October 15th, 2006, 11:40 AM
NDSU 36
Minny 13

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2006, 11:43 AM
I think the Bison can pull it off, whether or not they willl...we'll see Saturday.

rcny46
October 15th, 2006, 12:05 PM
I think NDSU is capable of beating the Gophers,and that they will pull it out.It's a crying shame that because of a makes-no-sense rule they are ineligible for the playoffs. : smh :

X-Factor
October 15th, 2006, 12:44 PM
I don't know what to think about this game. The Gophers REALLY have their backs against the wall now. That could be bad news for NDSU.

RabidRabbit
October 15th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Most games vs IA come early in the season, and both teams are still trying to figure out what's going on for the teams. In a first game situation, we have a game that has a lot of Northwestern vs UNH qualities. But, instead we are mid season. : smh : Minnesota is having a lousy year. Now, UM rolls over and gets taken to the woodshed by a disciplined, determined Bison team. Or, UM decides that they better get this win come hell or high water, because there won't be any others coming in Big 10 action.

NDSU will have about 10-15K fans in the stands. If the Goph fans don't show up this could feel like an away game for the Gophs.:eek:

I think Bison have an OK shot at this. Not enough to call the prediction for them, but definitely hope the Bison prove me wrong.:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

birdsflyhigh
October 15th, 2006, 05:35 PM
A salute to the NDSU Bison on being undefeated this far into the season!
I did some research on Minnesota's schedule so far. Yes, the Gophers are 2-5, but they have played a MONSTER sched.

The Gophs 5 losses have come at the hands of 6-1 California, 7-0 Michigan, 6-1 Wisconsin (who blew WIU off the field), 5-2 Purdue and 4-3 Penn St. (who crushed and spit out YSU...a top 5 I-AA team). The combined record of these 5 opponents is 28-7, and they are NOT playing pasty scheds. The Gophs lost 28-27 to Penn St., and they have been in most of these games.

The 2 Goph victories are over a 5-2 Kent team (who have a shot at winning the MAC) and over an admittedly horrible Temple team (a 62-0 pasting!).

Think NDSU is a very talented I-AA team that has knocked down everyone on their schedule so far, but the Bison are in completely different territory when they go up against the Gophers.

Minnesota 38
NDSU 10

Hopefully it won't be that big a margin. Know I'll be rooting for you!! :thumbsup:

igo4uni
October 15th, 2006, 07:47 PM
I'll be pulling for NDSU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

ncbears
October 15th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Go Bison! Represent 1AA well!

swaghook
October 15th, 2006, 07:57 PM
I'm going way out on a limb and predicting either a 1 point win for NDSU or a 3 pt OT win.

No_Skill
October 15th, 2006, 08:17 PM
I am struggling with this game. Part of me thinks as long as we stay within 14 pts of the Gophers it could be considered a win. On the other hand, anything short of a win would be a disappointment.

One thing's for sure, we are going into this game at the exact right time. We are on a roll and confident and they are 2-5 (0-4) and frustrated. :thumbsup:

I can't wait to see how we match up with the "BIG TEN" boys.

I can tell already that this week is going to drag.

BillLuc1982
October 15th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Well, if Minnesota keeps missing extra points, expect them to drop to 2-6. They better not take NDSU lightly!

windwalker
October 15th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Much as I like to see I-AA wins over I-A... I can't see this one..

Minn. by 15

purduecrum
October 15th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Please win! That way maybe they can fire Glen Mason, who, sad to say, has had his teams progressively get worse.

I'm okay with Mason? What is wrong with Mason? :)

Gil Dobie
October 15th, 2006, 08:36 PM
I'm okay with Mason? What is wrong with Mason? :)

Lots of people calling for his head in the Twin Cities. Also calling for Maturi's head (AD).

shakdaddy3
October 15th, 2006, 08:41 PM
i think rabidrabbit makes a very good point that if this game were earlier in the year it would be a lot different...

with that note, i am pulling for NDSU, but i don't see an upset happening... birdsflyhigh gave great insight into why minn is 2-5... best of luck fellas!

FargoBison
October 15th, 2006, 08:45 PM
i think rabidrabbit makes a very good point that if this game were earlier in the year it would be a lot different...

with that note, i am pulling for NDSU, but i don't see an upset happening... birdsflyhigh gave great insight into why minn is 2-5... best of luck fellas!

If this game would have been earlier it would have been worse for NDSU, at the start of season NDSU had a lot of question marks and was by no means ready for a Big Ten team. Now we took down Ball St and that should give our players some confidence and a lot of players have gotten some much needed expeirence. I think NDSU can beat the Gophers and that is what my heart says but my brain says Gophers by 9. The key for NDSU to win is a fast start, this Gopher team is a fragile team and if they fall in a hole quick they will be in trouble.

shakdaddy3
October 15th, 2006, 08:49 PM
If this game would have been earlier it would have been worse for NDSU, at the start of season NDSU had a lot of question marks and was by no means ready for a Big Ten team.
i agree... it works both ways.. opening up against a I-A team can help you or hurt you... you can catch them off guard and not prepared or looking to the I-A... or it's just the opposite and you get Templed (yea, that's rite, i went there... Temple belongs in high school football)

shakdaddy3
October 15th, 2006, 08:49 PM
If this game would have been earlier it would have been worse for NDSU, at the start of season NDSU had a lot of question marks and was by no means ready for a Big Ten team.
i agree... it works both ways.. opening up against a I-A team can help you or hurt you... you can catch them off guard and not prepared or looking to the I-A... or it's just the opposite and you get Templed (yea, that's rite, i went there... Temple belongs in high school football xlolx )

blur2005
October 15th, 2006, 08:50 PM
I think NDSU is capable of this but I think in the end Minnesota will hold on and win.

Minn 27
NDSU 17

Ivytalk
October 15th, 2006, 08:55 PM
I think NDSU is capable of this but I think in the end Minnesota will hold on and win.

Minn 27
NDSU 17

Sounds right to me. But go Bison!:nod:

Appdad
October 15th, 2006, 11:12 PM
I'm pulling for NDSU

NDSU 18
UM 17

CatFan22
October 15th, 2006, 11:30 PM
Come on. NDSU is not going to beat Minnesota. As much as I would like them to, it's just not going to happen.

FargoBison
October 16th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Prediction from a Gopher fan....

Well, the Bison did crush Concordia of St. Paul.

They don't have a chance. They are worthless I-AA nobodys. Mason lives for the cream puff games. I'll happily eat a big plate of crow if the Gophers lose, but they will win by three TD's.

BisonBacker
October 16th, 2006, 12:09 AM
Come on. NDSU is not going to beat Minnesota. As much as I would like them to, it's just not going to happen.
Any given Saturday Catfan22. Just becuase they wear a maroon and gold jersey doesn't give them a guaranteed win.

X-Factor
October 16th, 2006, 12:24 AM
I think this is the perfect time of the season to be playing Minnesota (at least this year) for a couple of reasons.

1) Minnesota is beat up physically. They lost several players especially on defense during the Wisconsin win. Most are questionable for Saturday.
2) Minnesota is beat up mentally. This could go both ways. Maybe they have something to prove?
3) The NDSU defense was very good to start the season but now that the secondary is showing signs of improvement, they are really starting to dominate opponents.
4) The NDSU players know they can win. They don't think they can win, they KNOW. I know several of the players that want nothing more than to beat Minnesota in their House more than any other opponent. They have been talking about it for along time now.

Right now I'm thinking the Bison keep it within 10 points but it might be a stretch to predict a Bison W.

spelunker64
October 16th, 2006, 07:41 AM
Where can I catch the game on TV? I think it's on Fox Sports North, which I don't have, but somebody said I could maybe get it through Dish Networks as a PPV on ESPNplus.

It was a great time on Sat. 40 degrees, sunny, tailgating. 16,000 plus watching the mighty Bison crush the Delta Devils. I think we have a chance on Sat, but we need to be plus 2 in turnovers I think to acheive it.

MplsBison
October 16th, 2006, 07:44 AM
If New Hampshire hadn't beating Northwestern this year, and by a decent spread (for an I-AA vs. a BCS I-A), I might not give NDSU any shot.

But I think NDSU has a shot to win this if they play a perfect game and get some luck.

There's no way it will be a blow out.

Largest margin of victory for this game is 2 TD.

RabidRabbit
October 16th, 2006, 08:28 AM

This is coming from a school's fan where you took down the CU Buffs? :eyebrow: AGS, Catfan.

While I agree that it's unlikely, this has a VERY Northwestern/UNH feel to it. If the Gophs that played a tough game vs Penn St shows up, then Bison will be in a tough way. If Bison can match up and play even, and maybe slightly ahead maybe the Gophs that showed up against Wis., then Bison could pull this out. :twocents:

GrizzlyEdd
October 16th, 2006, 09:40 AM
This is one Griz fan who is definitely going to be on NDSU's sidelines!!! GO BISON.... kick them gopher's widdo butts....

oh, and by the way don't listen to any MSU Bobcat fans about NDSU's chances of beating UM... they are a strange breed. The successful season to them is beating the Griz and forget anything else like going to the playoffs... they could be 1-10 and they would party for months just because they beat the Griz...

Gil Dobie
October 16th, 2006, 09:53 AM
This is coming from a school's fan where you took down the CU Buffs? :eyebrow: AGS, Catfan.

While I agree that it's unlikely, this has a VERY Northwestern/UNH feel to it. If the Gophs that played a tough game vs Penn St shows up, then Bison will be in a tough way. If Bison can match up and play even, and maybe slightly ahead maybe the Gophs that showed up against Wis., then Bison could pull this out. :twocents:

Minnesota would beat Northwestern or Colorado by 20 or more IMO. :eek:

I just hope the Bison keep it respectible.

GABison
October 16th, 2006, 10:55 AM
Halftime

NDSU - 7
Min - 14

Final

NDSU - 21
Min - 17

:hurray:

NDSU, being a second half team, scores twice in the second half. Minn, NOT a second half team, ekes out one FG.

NDSU outcoaches Minn as well as NDSU special teams outperforming Minn.xsmileyclapx

bison95
October 16th, 2006, 11:05 AM
All you prople using logic make me sick: smh : : smh :

This is THE BISON

They are the rodents

Think with your heart

Bison 52 gophers 12:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :hurray: :hurray: :cool:

I really do think we have a chance to win this one close, but the precieved talent gap concerns me. The two things that give me hope are
1. Coach Bohl
2. Steve Walker
They are flat out winners and have the IT factor:nod: :nod:

Husky Alum
October 16th, 2006, 11:57 AM
My heart (and stomach) say Bison.

My head says no way the Gophers will let "new kids in the neighborhood" come in take the game away from them.

Have fun in the Twin Cities Bison fans, and I hope y'all prove me wrong, but I say

Gophers 31
Bison 18

Mountain Panther
October 16th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Where can I catch the game on TV? I think it's on Fox Sports North, which I don't have, but somebody said I could maybe get it through Dish Networks as a PPV on ESPNplus.

It was a great time on Sat. 40 degrees, sunny, tailgating. 16,000 plus watching the mighty Bison crush the Delta Devils. I think we have a chance on Sat, but we need to be plus 2 in turnovers I think to acheive it.

It's on Fox Sports North. If you have DISH Network, and have the Top 180, and live in the upper Midwest, you will get it. If you live outside of that territory and have DISH you can order the Fox all-regional package for $5.99/month and get it. Not sure about DirecTV or cable if that's what you have - call them and find out.

SDFan
October 16th, 2006, 12:39 PM
Although i love the Gophers I think NDSU has got a really good shot. Then again, sometimes teams bounce back big from a loss, but Gophers haven't been able to find the groove.

Good luck NDSU and here's towards bringing more respect to 1aa's way!

FargoBison
October 18th, 2006, 02:04 PM
Collegefootballnews.com Fearless Predition.....

North Dakota State (6-0) at Minnesota (2-5) 3:30 PM EST GamePlan Saturday October 21st

Why to Watch: Does Minnesota ever need this. Or does it? 6-0 North Dakota State is ranked in the D-IAA top ten and beat Ball State 29-24 earlier this year. This is a dangerous offensive team that averages 35.7 points per game and could catch a moping Minnesota team napping. The Gopher bowl hopes aren't dead, but they're extremely sleepy after losing four straight and bottoming out with a lifeless 48-12 loss to Wisconsin last week. With Ohio State coming up, the last thing Glen Mason's squad needs is a tough game, but it might get one.

Why North Dakota State Might Win: The Bison is fantastic against the run allowing a D-IAA low 41.5 yards per game. Minnesota can throw a little bit, but it prefers to win on the ground averaging 170 yards per game. The NDSU offense has just enough explosion, and the porous Minnesota defense is just banged up enough, that the upset, if it happens, shouldn't be considered to much of a shock. At the very least, this should be more of a fight than Minnesota fans might like.

Why Minnesota Might Win: The NDSU secondary can be thrown on. Minnesota hasn't used its passing game nearly enough, and it strangely didn't start to wing it around after getting down big against the Badgers. If Bryan Cupito starts to get hot, the Bison won't have an answer for Logan Payne and Matt Spaeth. There's a big difference between shutting down the Mississippi Valley State running game and stopping Minnesota's. The Bison should be in for a rude awakening if the Minnesota offensive line starts to play like it did against Penn State.

Who to Watch: Look for pro scouts to give a long look at how NDSU senior punter Mike Dragosavich does in the Dome. "Drago" is averaging 47.1 yards per punt putting 11 of his 21 inside the 20, but he's not qualifying for any national rankings because he's not getting enough work; the offense has been too potent.

What Will Happen: Minnesota's offense will get the job done, but look for NDSU to make this very, very interesting. The Gophers are patching together a defense after injuries have struck all over the place hurt most by the loss of second leading tackler Trumaine Banks to a broken arm..

CFN Prediction: Minnesota 31 ... North Dakota State 17

http://cfn.scout.com/2/578994.html (http://cfn.scout.com/2/578994.html)

McNeese75
October 18th, 2006, 09:19 PM
Luck to the Bison but the Gophers will win by 2-3 Tds. The scholly difference will take its toll in the last quarter.

RabidRabbit
October 19th, 2006, 05:44 AM
The Gopher fans are making it very clear that they have low expectations of their team this year. In a lot of ways, the Gophers appear ripe to be beat by the Bison.

1) Gophers have some key personnel, especially on D, injuried, BUT BECAUSE OF CONCERN ABOUT POTENTIAL LOSS, WILL BE PLAYING.
2) The winning game plan for the Gophers is to score quick, and put Bison in a hurt early. IF THE BISON RUN TRUE TO FORM, THIS WON'T HAPPEN.
3) If the Bison can score quickly, and get the Gophers into catch up, the running Gophers are in trouble.
4) An apathic 25K Gopher fan, getting outshouted by a bolsterous 15K Bison crowd.

This game is stealable, but Bison need to be on their game, and create an atmosphere that exposes the Gophers side of defeatism which is just below the surface currently.

GoGuins
October 19th, 2006, 07:14 AM
I hope the Bison win to show how overrated a coach Glen Mason is. The Gophers load up on cupcakes (no offense Bison) every year then fall flat on their faces in B10 play

BillLuc1982
October 19th, 2006, 07:52 AM
From the CFN analysis, the scoring may be Arena football style.

NoCoDanny
October 19th, 2006, 09:12 AM
NDSU by 2.

WYOBISONMAN
October 19th, 2006, 09:22 AM
The Bison can win this one, but I will stick to my original pick of the Gophers by 21...... MN needs this one too badly and will be there to play on Saturday.

WYOBISONMAN
October 19th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Here is the information on getting the game on TV.........

You can get the NDSU/Minnesota game at 3:30pm EDT if you subscribe to ESPN GAMEPLAN. You can also order single games too.....

Here is a link for more information:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/gameplan/

This game will also be on Fox Sports North - Minnesota.

JDC325
October 19th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Halftime

NDSU - 7
Min - 14

Final

NDSU - 21
Min - 17

:hurray:

NDSU, being a second half team, scores twice in the second half. Minn, NOT a second half team, ekes out one FG.

NDSU outcoaches Minn as well as NDSU special teams outperforming Minn.xsmileyclapx

Pulling for you guys but I think the reverse would be more likely. 1-A depth usually shows up in the second half. Good Luck!!

darell1976
October 19th, 2006, 09:29 AM
The way the Gophers season is going I think the Bison has a shot of not only beating the Gophs but blowing them out. Since there is to be a lot of Bison fans taking the Drive down I-94 to the game the other Bison fans in Fargo will be at the Journey/Def Leppard Concert at the Fargodome.xlolx I predict

NDSU 35
Minnesota 20

And a big thank you to FSN North (channel 33 in Fargo) for televising the game also if you are in Fargo Channel 44 has the Sioux-Duluth game incase the Bison game is at halftime.:) Good luck Green and Gold more like the luck is needed for the Maroon and Gold.:hurray: Is the Bison elegible for playoffs this year?? If not when are they?

WYOBISONMAN
October 19th, 2006, 12:14 PM
The way the Gophers season is going I think the Bison has a shot of not only beating the Gophs but blowing them out. Since there is to be a lot of Bison fans taking the Drive down I-94 to the game the other Bison fans in Fargo will be at the Journey/Def Leppard Concert at the Fargodome.xlolx I predict

NDSU 35
Minnesota 20

And a big thank you to FSN North (channel 33 in Fargo) for televising the game also if you are in Fargo Channel 44 has the Sioux-Duluth game incase the Bison game is at halftime.:) Good luck Green and Gold more like the luck is needed for the Maroon and Gold.:hurray: Is the Bison elegible for playoffs this year?? If not when are they?

I never thought I would say this........but don't you think you are being too much of a homer for the ND team? If the Bison happen to win, I think it will be tight......MN really has the back to the wall....

If you are right.......the beer is on me when you tailgate at the resumption of the Bison/Sioux rivalry.......

darell1976
October 19th, 2006, 03:15 PM
I never thought I would say this........but don't you think you are being too much of a homer for the ND team? If the Bison happen to win, I think it will be tight......MN really has the back to the wall....

If you are right.......the beer is on me when you tailgate at the resumption of the Bison/Sioux rivalry.......

I made 1 prediction on the D2 board that the Sioux will beat N. Iowa back when the schedule came out and I hope this prediction comes true. Look what NDSU did to Ball State, and after the Gophs got spanked by the Badgers anything can happen. Better get that beer ready.xlolx

redspider
October 19th, 2006, 05:20 PM
I think that NDSU is going to upset Minnesota and if they do they most definetly should be number one in the rankings. It is to bad that they could not be in the playoffs this year because of the rule.

swaghook
October 19th, 2006, 07:30 PM
If NDSU wins it will be time to pettition the NCAA for a change of rules.

shakdaddy3
October 19th, 2006, 07:37 PM
If NDSU wins it will be time to pettition the NCAA for a change of rules.
they knew the rules before they came to I-AA... don't like em, well, cry like youngstown state does about everything xlolx

minn 38
ndsu 14

bkrownd
October 19th, 2006, 09:39 PM
This is a winnable game for NDSU.

Even with Glen Mason at the helm that's just too far-fetched.

BisonBacker
October 19th, 2006, 11:21 PM
Even with Glen Mason at the helm that's just too far-fetched.
We will see but as they say Any Given Saturday :thumbsup:

BisonBacker
October 20th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Just talked to the father of the Backup QB for the gophers. He's not thinking this is going to be an easy game and neither is his son. I was hoping that the gophers players were going to be overlooking this game in anticipation of the Ohio game next week. I can't get anything done at work. Just waiting for the day to get over and get up early in the morning to head to the game.

X-Factor
October 20th, 2006, 04:05 PM
I really have a hard time picking the Bison in this one. If anything I think the Bison might have a better chance next year in the Gopher game even though Minnesota is really down. For one thing, NDSU will be bringing a better team with alot more depth to the Dome in '07. Minnesota has their backs against the wall and I would heavily bet that they are NOT looking past the Bison comming in with a 6-0 record. This still should be a close game.