PDA

View Full Version : CALL FOR PATSY RATING NEEDS 2014

Lehigh Football Nation
January 2nd, 2014, 10:47 AM
It's time, gang. Let me know what your Patriot League team needs in recruiting this season.

I'll get it started:

BU - A football team
Loyola - Conversion of the stadium to be more football-friendly, and a football team
Monmouth - An official PL invite

Your turn.

Bogus Megapardus
January 2nd, 2014, 11:01 AM
It's time, gang. Let me know what your Patriot League team needs in recruiting this season.

I'll get it started:

BU - A football team
Loyola - Conversion of the stadium to be more football-friendly, and a football team

Your turn.

I won't play unless you knock #3 off the list. That's Fordham/Lafayette/Lehigh territory and we don't need a fourth for this round, thank you very much.

UIWWildthing
January 2nd, 2014, 12:41 PM

I'll get it started:

BU - A football team

Your turn.
Loyola never will field a FB team I think. I don't believe their athletic budget will support a football team for one, and I don't think there would be enough of a draw to sustain a team there. That's a lacrosse school (who's had a decent run in Men's BB the past few years when Paxsos was there)

DFW HOYA
January 2nd, 2014, 12:45 PM
Your turn.

30 scholarships.

(Never mind.)

van
January 2nd, 2014, 01:10 PM
Hate to admit it, but agree with Boogie on #3, we don't need Monmouth.

As is usually the case recently, Lehigh needs a balanced recruitment. Biggest needs are:
#1 DL, nose guard run stoppers
#2 QB, only one underclassman next year, although Poutier could get a 5th year
#3 WR, Paris and Gaul both Srs next year

Will also need to recruit a FB or 2 and some TEs (Coyle and Colgate both Srs), if our DL need was not so glaring one of these would make my top 3.

citdog
January 2nd, 2014, 03:34 PM
A Brain, A Heart, Courage.

http://noma.org/uploads/original/oz_TMdorothySClion-1329494604.jpg

I kid......y'all are getting better.

RichH2
January 2nd, 2014, 04:36 PM
The broken record

1.NG run stopper
2.FB cRAWFORD ONLY ONE ON ROSTER
3.Best athlete ,speed anywhere
3A. QB would be a plus given our history over last 3-4 seasons with injuries.
Poutier a wild card. Very serious knee injury.

Bogus Megapardus
January 2nd, 2014, 04:50 PM

So that leaves you there, second from the left, citdog?

Go...gate
January 2nd, 2014, 05:13 PM

I'll get it started:

BU - A football team

Your turn.

You really think this might happen?

RichH2
January 2nd, 2014, 05:17 PM
You really think this might happen?

hope not. Dont want Towson redux. But possible.Pres is a LU Dean Centrally located. Need to upgrade facilities and academics.

citdog
January 2nd, 2014, 05:23 PM
So that leaves you there, second from the left, citdog?

only that one time for dback

carney2
January 2nd, 2014, 07:35 PM
No to Monmouth!

Lafayette:

1. A pile moving running back to do a Frankosaurus proud
2. OL. Those fat guys in Lafayette uniforms at UNH did not/will not get it done
3. DB. It got VERY thin back there in 2013.

breezy
January 2nd, 2014, 08:00 PM
For Holy Cross (my personal opinion, based on 2013 performance and anticipated 2014 upperclassman roster):

1. Defensive Back
2. Defensive Line
3. Wide Receiver

ngineer
January 2nd, 2014, 08:48 PM
My view for Lehigh needs:

1. DL
2. speed/athleticsm (WR and/or DB)
3. QB for depth

Lehigh'98
January 3rd, 2014, 09:38 AM

I kid......y'all are getting better.

We need a good fg kicker Citdog, you got any eligibility left?

Engineer86
January 4th, 2014, 06:44 AM
1) NG or other Run stuffers
2) RB, unless you count the transfer
3) WR
3A) QB depth
3B) TE depth

TheValleyRaider
January 5th, 2014, 10:12 PM
First run on Colgate

1. Defensive Line
2. Linebacker
3. Offensive Line

Could probably also include DBs and RBs. but that's what my first look at the roster suggests

DFW HOYA
January 5th, 2014, 10:17 PM
Georgetown needs a lot, but would be focusing on:

1. RB
2. WR
3. DB

bison137
January 13th, 2014, 08:29 PM
Bucknell:

1. CB
2. LB (very strong this year but starters will be seniors)
3A. DL (good this year but largely rising seniors)
3B. QB (but only a very good one - have several so-so ones)

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 13th, 2014, 08:33 PM
I'll add my thoughts for LU

1. DL - size would be nice but it's not as important as QUALITY depth...
2. RB - Yosha could be a great catch, but if not, there's a major need....
3. QB - Shafnisky IS the future, but depth needs to be built behind him....

RichH2
January 13th, 2014, 08:50 PM
I would like to amend my needs for LU.
#1 priority is a coaching staff and an OC.

Lehigh'98
January 13th, 2014, 09:17 PM
Speed & athletes that can meet the AI at all defensive & offensive receivers & RB.

Size & strength on lines.

Stud QB.

3a. Genius coaching staff!!

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 13th, 2014, 09:22 PM
I would like to amend my needs for LU.
#1 priority is a coaching staff and an OC.

There's no doubt that assembling a quality coaching staff is priority number one for Lehigh. I like the talent level on the roster. RB is really my biggest concern for next year personnel wise. I think you'll see an improved DL because of the number of returning bodies. Layton will prove to be a very valuable 5th year player imo.

Pard4Life
January 13th, 2014, 09:24 PM
Monmouth would be leagues worse than Towson... doesn't fit with anything that the PL does. Forget the academic haughtiness, they are just the wrong school for this league.

Pard4Life
January 13th, 2014, 09:26 PM
Lafayette:

1) A head coach who does not recycle game plans and who trusts his offensive coordinator
2) A consistent offensive line
3) Overall speed and size

I think we are moving in the right direction.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 13th, 2014, 09:34 PM
Monmouth would be leagues worse than Towson... doesn't fit with anything that the PL does. Forget the academic haughtiness, they are just the wrong school for this league.

I never thought Towson was "completely" out of place in the PL due to their previous ties in the ECC. There was a relationship and level of understanding that had been established.

The one reason Monmouth makes sense is the schools location. They fall smack dab in the PL's footprint which means a reasonable road trip for all. It's hard to complain about another close roadie to see your team play, especially if you're a Lehigh, Lafayette or Fordham fan.

I'll leave the academic "stuff" to the PL grads....

LehighU11
January 13th, 2014, 09:45 PM
Other than more warm bodies, what would Monmouth bring to the Patriot League? We might as well see if Kutztown would make the jump up and offer them a spot to make the PL even more Lehigh Valley centric.

West Chester would work too. Delaware could get their cupcake back and we'd get another CAA opponent on the schedule.

DFW HOYA
January 13th, 2014, 10:37 PM
Georgetown needs a lot, but would be focusing on:

1. RB
2. WR
3. DB

A quote from Georgetown's second commit of 2014: "Another reason I committed to Georgetown was the opportunity to play early. They...currently have only two running backs returning, so there is a great opportunity to play right away."

How many PL teams have just two returning RB's on a roster?

jimbo65
January 14th, 2014, 08:55 AM
A quote from Georgetown's second commit of 2014: "Another reason I committed to Georgetown was the opportunity to play early. They...currently have only two running backs returning, so there is a great opportunity to play right away."

Don't know how many RBs Fordham has returning but last year we had Carlton Koonce, graduated, and his backup, can't recall his name, possibly Drayton, who transferred out mid season. I attended several of the games and listened to others and the aforementioned were the only RBs to play, as I recall. So from an experience perspective, we have none returning. Hopefully we have some subtitutes who will excell when given a chance.

JimboCBA72
January 14th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Don't know how many RBs Fordham has returning but last year we had Carlton Koonce, graduated, and his backup, can't recall his name, possibly Drayton, who transferred out mid season. I attended several of the games and listened to others and the aforementioned were the only RBs to play, as I recall. So from an experience perspective, we have none returning. Hopefully we have some subtitutes who will excell when given a chance.
Koonce's back-up was Jared Crayton. His loss is a blow. Only returnees are Pearcy and Ehrenberg, neither of whom got many touches.

carney2
January 17th, 2014, 07:24 PM

Lafayette has only one returning RB who has ever set foot on a college playing field.

ngineer
January 18th, 2014, 10:38 AM
I never view RB as important as the OL. Without the holes, little even an excellent RB can do. Give me a solid athlete at RB and some great hogs up front. With this transfer from Miami, and Kee and Sodexe returning,plus another frosh or two, we'll be okay there. Key for me, now is good physical CBs and Safties and punter. We were spoiled past couple years, and a good punter is significant to defensive success by making the opposition go 80/90 instead of 60/70.

Gordon Shumway
January 18th, 2014, 05:18 PM
Lehigh's biggest need for 2014 is a different early season schedule.

Lehigh'98
January 18th, 2014, 05:20 PM

It's a gauntlet in case you haven't already heard!!

Gordon Shumway
January 18th, 2014, 05:22 PM
That's what I was referring to.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 18th, 2014, 05:32 PM

Not the easiest but not the hardest either. I think JMU is a winnable game at home assuming Coen puts the right coaches in place. UNH, along with being really good, will be out for blood so I have little, if any, hope for that one.

Lehigh's OOC schedule certainly is not EASY, but I wouldn't call it a gauntlet either. 2010 was still tougher imo.....

Franks Tanks
January 18th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Not the easiest but not the hardest either. I think JMU is a winnable game at home assuming Coen puts the right coaches in place. UNH, along with being really good, will be out for blood so I have little, if any, hope for that one.

Lehigh's OOC schedule certainly is not EASY, but I wouldn't call it a gauntlet either. 2010 was still tougher imo.....

JMU should have a HUGE upgrade at HC and staff however. Matthews was only average, despite being a pretty good recruiter. Unless Lehigh's QB play improves like 1000% I don't see you guys competing with JMU.

RichH2
January 18th, 2014, 08:29 PM
JMU should have a HUGE upgrade at HC and staff however. Matthews was only average, despite being a pretty good recruiter. Unless Lehigh's QB play improves like 1000% I don't see you guys competing with JMU.

Cant really base your conclusion on our game. NICK was ROY each week he played so I dont believe qb will be a big issue.

van
January 18th, 2014, 09:19 PM

Lehigh actually has 3 with only 1 getting any touches, and at least 1 or possibly 2 were injured all last year. But we do have a transfer RB that looks very promising. RB is not typically a very deep position.

RichH2
January 19th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Sodeke,Brown and Kee ,the latter 2 recovering from injuries. Yosha only add so far. 1 FB is my concern tho. and nary a one on our prospects list. That said a bunch of offers went out last week not all of which do we know.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 19th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Sodeke,Brown and Kee ,the latter 2 recovering from injuries. Yosha only add so far. 1 FB is my concern tho. and nary a one on our prospects list. That said a bunch of offers went out last week not all of which do we know.

Sodeke, to this point, has shown very little. He's neither very big or very fast. Plus, he has trouble holding onto the ball at times.

Brown seems like the guy who could emerge as the #1. Aside from Yosha, he seems to have the most potential.....

RichH2
January 19th, 2014, 01:07 PM
Sodeke, to this point, has shown very little. He's neither very big or very fast. Plus, he has trouble holding onto the ball at times.

Brown seems like the guy who could emerge as the #1. Aside from Yosha, he seems to have the most potential.....

Agree he was neck nd nck with Sherm until he got hurt.

van
February 5th, 2014, 04:34 PM
OK Chuck, time to get to work!

Bogus Megapardus
February 5th, 2014, 04:45 PM
Per Lafayette board, carney2 is concerned about the dearth of speed information for some of these guys. Further investigation might be in order.

RichH2
February 5th, 2014, 05:13 PM
Per Lafayette board, carney2 is concerned about the dearth of speed information for some of these guys. Further investigation might be in order.
I was able to find combine numbers for most of ours. Hudl numbers tend to be a bit optimistic. Andy s/b able to dig up some as most of your guys were pretty highly recruited.