PDA

View Full Version : UCA @ SHSU - Game Thread

Pages : [1] 2

TexasTerror
October 15th, 2006, 05:49 AM
Sam Houston State is in the drivers' seat of the Southland Conference after a 30-point win over Nicholls St during the Kats homecoming game in Huntsville. The Bearkats, now 2-0 at home face a tough challenge in the University of Central Arkansas Bears this week when they step out of conference. Though the Bears will be in the Southland Conference next year, the Bears for now count as a Div II out of conference foe. Regardless of the who, what, where and why, the Kats are not going to be able to take the Bears lightly.

Despite coming off a loss to UC-Davis this past week in California, the Bears will be ready for this game. They are currently 1-0 this year against SLC foes, beating SFA (1-0 in SLC) a few weeks back and have also beaten Missouri St of the Gateway Conference, who fell to SHSU a week later. UCA will be pumped up as it's a game against a future Southland foe and a chance for the Bears to shine on TV.

It will be a short week for the Bears who had to travel back home from California and then get a short week as this game against the Kats is slated for television on Fox Sports Southwest, 415 miles south of Conway in Huntsville.

If the Kats want to win, they'll continue to look to DD Terry, who put up 176 yards rushing in the Nicholls St win that followed a 106 yard effort against Northwestern St's Purple Swarm defense the week before. Between the two wins, Terry scored four touchdowns for the Kats as the Kats outscored the opposition 67-27.

The defense of the Kats will face a test as UCA's wide receiver Aaron Fairooz is definitely a threat to keep one's eyes on as he is no stranger to finding the ball. Ross Brown will take the ball on the ground and keep the Kats defense honest as they'll have to look for the run as well. After a strong performance against Nicholls St with six turnovers, the defense of the Kats will definitely look forward to continue putting their stamp on the opposition in Huntsville, where opponents have averaged five points thus far on the Kats home turf.

Best of luck to both squads! Safe travels to the Bear faithful who will make their first visit to Huntsville and good luck to the Kats as they continue to build momentum week to week as Todd Whitten's team puts together the season the Kat backers have so desired.
==================
University of Central Arkansas Bears vs. Sam Houston State University Bearkats
7 pm, Thursday, October 19th
Bowers Stadium · Huntsville, Texas (Fox Sports Southwest)

Audio:
SHSU: http://www.tsrnsports.com/Broadcast/Broad-U-Sam-Houston.htm
UCA: http://streamer.tcworks.net:8000/ucasports.m3u

Game Release:
SHSU: http://bearkats.shsu.edu/pdf/fbrelease.pdf
UCA: Click on UCA Team Site below and then click on Game Notes

Team Sites:
SHSU: http://bearkats.shsu.edu/football
UCA: http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?action=home&sportid=1

Fan Boards:
SHSU: http://www.katfans.com
UCA: http://www.ucafans.com

Southland Conference:
Weekly Release: http://www.fansonly.com/photos/schools/soul/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/101606fbweekly.pdf (available Monday PM)
Weekly Teleconference: http://southland.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/06-coaches-teleconference.html (available on Tuesday PM)

TexasTerror
October 15th, 2006, 06:18 AM
Courtesy of NCAA Stats...

SHSU Amongst National Leaders (Top 15)
6th - Sacks Allowed - .83 spg

SHSU Amongst SLC Leaders (Top 2)
1st - Scoring Defense - 24.67 ppg
1st - Turnover Margin - .50
1st - Sacks Allowed - .83 spg
2nd - Scoring Offense - 24.17 ppg

SHSU (Individuals) Amongst National Leaders (Top 25)
20th - Scoring - DD Terry - 8.4 ppg

SHSU (Individuals) Amongst SLC Leaders (Top 3)
1st - Rushing - DD Terry - 97.8 ypg
1st - Scoring - DD Terry - 8.4 ppg
2nd - Sacks - Ed Jackson - .5 spg
2nd - All Purpose Runners - DD Terry - 115.20 ypg
2nd - Pass Efficiency - Brett Hicks - 117.57
3rd - Receptions per Game - Blake Martin - 4 rpg
3rd - Interceptions - Derrick Harris - .3 ipg
3rd - Kickoff Returns - Derrick Harris - 21.4 ypr

TexasTerror
October 15th, 2006, 11:10 AM
Game story from UC-Davis/UCA game from yesterday...shows that UCA has been having their fair share of problems offensively, though the Bears were pretty much still in this game halfway through the third quarter despite the turnovers...

DAVIS, Calif_ The University of Central Arkansas Bears struggled offensively for the second consecutive week and it resulted in their second loss in a row, 33-13 to #18 UC Davis at Toomey Field.

The Bears had five turnovers and finished with only 13 rushing yards. Sophomore quarterback Nathan Brown completed 20 of 34 passes for 247 yards and two touchdowns, but was also intercepted four times.

Still, the Bears found themselves within 19-13 at the 6:59 mark of the third quarter when Brown hit a wide-open Aaron Fairooz with a touchdown pass from 19 yards out and James Paul added the point after.

But from there, the Bears self-destructed with a fumbled punt that the Aggies (3-3) recovered at the UCA 10 and turned into a touchdown, coupled with four second-half interceptions.

http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?action=news&sportid=1&article=1514

Bearkatpresident
October 15th, 2006, 04:27 PM
The weekday game should help boost student attendence. I'm really excited to see a new team enter the conference. It should be a pretty exciting game.

TexasTerror
October 15th, 2006, 04:36 PM
The weekday game should help boost student attendence. I'm really excited to see a new team enter the conference. It should be a pretty exciting game.

Weekday game. Television. Bearkats looking good. Students need to show up!

It's tough on alums during the week, but the Huntsville community does a great job supporting football more so than any other sport, especially now that we have a few local products on the team. Here's hoping they come out strong and as many alums as possible can get up there to root the Kats to victory! :hurray: :hurray:

May need to get another Facebook group together (presented by KatFans.com of course) to see what kind of support you can rally behind the game!

slycat
October 15th, 2006, 05:31 PM

students are lame though and sometimes dont show up when its on tv. they just watch it at home or the bars instead. hopefully yall can get a crowd the slc needs to get their attendance numbers up.

kats89
October 15th, 2006, 05:44 PM
This is gonna be a tough game.

TexasTerror
October 15th, 2006, 06:05 PM
students are lame though and sometimes dont show up when its on tv. they just watch it at home or the bars instead. hopefully yall can get a crowd the slc needs to get their attendance numbers up.

I think SHSU is more of a basketball school. SHSU football games are more driven by the community and alums while basketball games are more driven by the students. We averaged over 2000 folks for basketball, topping 2500 several times during conference. I'd easy easily 80% of that number were students. That's over 10% of the campus showing up to games, something many other schools would be jealous of.

If SHSU football were to remain consistent from year to year, the fans would come. The game day environment has improved greatly. I think DHKAT, 89 and some of the others from KatFans praise it each game as it improves. That'll help turn things around. Recruiting will improve with the weight room, locker room and stadium enhancements. Things are looking up to build a consistent winner...

blackfordpu
October 15th, 2006, 09:52 PM
This is gonna be a tough game.

I agree but TW and Co seem to be doing a good job keeping the boys ready to play each week. He stated himself that they are playing it week by week. So far we have no reason to doubt him.

Keep up the intensity Kats and.....
EAT'EM UP!!

TexasTerror
October 16th, 2006, 05:04 AM
From today's Huntsville Item...

Kats getting better each time out
Cody Stark
Assistant Sports Editor

Sam Houston State continues to find different ways to win, and head coach Todd Whitten and his staff keep proving they learned what it takes to win in the Southland Conference.

The Bearkats have quickly become a multidimensional team on offense, something that was lacking during 2005’s 3-7 season. SHSU is 2-0 in conference play and have used two different game plans to already equal last season’s league-win total.

Two weeks ago, the Bearkats relied heavily on the passing attack to roar past Northwestern State 30-20. Brett Hicks threw for 299 yards, including two touchdown passes of 69 and 94 yards to Brandon Perry and one for 10 to Brian Christian to jump out to a 27-6 lead early in the third quarter.

SHSU ran 42 total plays in the game, but only 12 were to the running backs on the ground.

On Saturday, Whitten and his guys pulled a 180, relying on the running game to carry the load in a 37-7 whipping of Nicholls State. D.D. Terry carried the ball 30 times for 176 yards and three touchdowns on runs of 3, 1 and 36 yards. Andrew Audelin also had a couple of touches including a 7-yard score.

http://www.itemonline.com/cnhi/itemonline/sports/local_story_288232456.html?keyword=topstory

Bearkatpresident
October 16th, 2006, 09:46 AM
The fact that most of our student body works part time in other cites hurts us too.

TexasTerror
October 16th, 2006, 12:44 PM
SHSU Game Release available:

http://bearkats.shsu.edu/pdf/fbrelease.pdf
http://bearkats.shsu.edu/football/release.html

UCA release still not available at present time...

TexasTerror
October 16th, 2006, 09:00 PM
Thanks to BearFan101...UCA GAME NOTES!

http://www.ucasports.com/gamenotes/UCA%20FB%20NOTES%20%28vs%20SHSU%29~1.pdf

TexasTerror
October 17th, 2006, 08:44 AM
From UCA Athletics...

BEARS GET MOST OUT OF LIMITED TIME
With Thursday night's televised contest against Sam Houston State presenting the teams with a short week, the University of Central Arkansas Bears worked inside the Pepsi Americas Indoor Sports Complex Monday night – typically an off day – as they prepare for the Bearkats and try to end a two-game skid.

For the second consecutive night, the team showed improvement coming off Saturday's loss at UC Davis.

"We've had two really good nights in a row," head coach Clint Conque said. "The tempo's been really good, the effort's been really good – we're just trying to focus on execution and cleaning up the little details. The players seemed to be tuned in pretty well tonight, but we're still having problems with dropped passes and that's Â
unacceptable."

http://www.ucasports.com/sport.asp?action=news&sportid=1&article=1519

Bear Fan 101
October 17th, 2006, 08:53 AM
Thanks to BearFan101...UCA GAME NOTES!

http://www.ucasports.com/gamenotes/UCA%20FB%20NOTES%20%28vs%20SHSU%29~1.pdf

I do what I can. I just totally forgot to bring that link over here, I took care of it on ours and your board, but this one slipped my mind for some reason.

Too bad I wont be in attendance in Huntsvegas Thursday night.

TexasTerror
October 17th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Too bad I wont be in attendance in Huntsvegas Thursday night.

Neither will I, but I know we'll both be wishing we were there while enjoying the game on the TV!

Can't wait to one day get together with you BF101 and share our passion for I-AA, the SLC and collegiate athletics...:thumbsup:

TexasTerror
October 18th, 2006, 07:21 AM
From the Houston Chronicle...

==========
Bearkats focused

By virtue of its 37-7 homecoming victory over Nicholls State last Saturday, its perfect start in the Southland Conference, and its unblemished record against non-Division I-A programs, Sam Houston State (4-2, 2-0 Southland) on Monday entered the Sports Network Division I-AA national rankings for the first time since Sept. 12, 2005.

Not that anyone is celebrating. No. 25 SHSU will host future Southland member Central Arkansas on Thursday night — a game that will be broadcast to six states on Fox Sports Net — and that matchup, not the appearance in the polls, has the Bearkats' attention.

"I have no idea where we're ranked or if we're ranked," SHSU coach Todd Whitten said.

"We're playing Central Arkansas Thursday night, and we have a short week. This (Tuesday morning) is the first time I've sat down at my desk this week; I've been in the film room since noon on Sunday. If you don't keep your head down in this league and prepare well and have your team ready to roll on game day, you're going to be beaten."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4267324.html

blackfordpu
October 18th, 2006, 07:58 AM
From the Houston Chronicle...

==========
Bearkats focused

By virtue of its 37-7 homecoming victory over Nicholls State last Saturday, its perfect start in the Southland Conference, and its unblemished record against non-Division I-A programs, Sam Houston State (4-2, 2-0 Southland) on Monday entered the Sports Network Division I-AA national rankings for the first time since Sept. 12, 2005.

Not that anyone is celebrating. No. 25 SHSU will host future Southland member Central Arkansas on Thursday night — a game that will be broadcast to six states on Fox Sports Net — and that matchup, not the appearance in the polls, has the Bearkats' attention.

"I have no idea where we're ranked or if we're ranked," SHSU coach Todd Whitten said.

"We're playing Central Arkansas Thursday night, and we have a short week. This (Tuesday morning) is the first time I've sat down at my desk this week; I've been in the film room since noon on Sunday. If you don't keep your head down in this league and prepare well and have your team ready to roll on game day, you're going to be beaten."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4267324.html

I like what I'm reading!:nod:

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 06:51 AM
Game day read from the Huntsville Item...

Finding ways to adapt

So far, Kats have made correct adjustments based on what defense is doing
By Cody Stark
Assistant Sports Editor

It hasn’t been a typical week for the Sam Houston State football team.

As if only having a few days to prepare for tonight’s game against Central Arkansas wasn’t enough, the Bearkats were forced to practice at the Walker County Fairgrounds on Wednesday, thanks to the rain that nearly flooded the Huntsville area.

But with the way the Bearkats have been playing, the attitude and confidence have kept the skies sunny around Bowers Stadium.

Sam Houston State is off to its best start since the 2004 Southland Conference championship season at 4-2 overall, including two impressive victories to start Southland Conference play.

The Bearkat offense has been explosive and used two different game plans to beat Northwestern State and Nicholls State. Against the Demons, the Bearkats aired it out to the tune of 299 passing yards in a 30-20 win. Then on Saturday, the Bearkats pounded the football and pummeled the Colonels 37-7.

http://www.itemonline.com/cnhi/itemonline/sports/local_story_292002111.html?keyword=topstory

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 08:36 AM
One of the biggest reasons for the Kats’ ability to move the ball has been the play of the offensive line.

The big guys up front normally don’t get much recognition unless the offense is struggling. But that hasn’t been the case this season.

Yea, big props to the OL!:hurray:

Bearkatpresident
October 19th, 2006, 12:14 PM
I'm excited....are you excited??? Of course you are!

EAT'EM UP KATS!

Purple Pride
October 19th, 2006, 12:35 PM
Stoked, toked and fired-up!!:thumbsup:

What's the weather going to be like?

Bearkatpresident
October 19th, 2006, 12:44 PM
Correction from before: The skies have cleared and it's going to be a great football day!

JoshUCA
October 19th, 2006, 12:49 PM
I am so ready for game time!!!

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!

Purple Pride
October 19th, 2006, 12:53 PM
It's a little overcast right now, but it should be clear and cold. Great football weather!

I heard that. Same here and 44 degrees. Perfect for football and deer slayin'.:bow:

slycat
October 19th, 2006, 02:07 PM
ill be interested in seeing uca play since we took them off our schedule this year. plus it'll be a chance to see shsu home unis and scoreboard since its looking like i wont be able to make it to huntsville this year after all for the txst game.

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 06:30 PM
I have the radio feed already running from the SHSU side of things...

Just walked in and they should roll over to the pregame here momentarily...

Hope all the Bears made it safely to see their team play in Huntsville and will of course watch on FoxSW...

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 06:43 PM
Damn this audio sucks!

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2006, 06:45 PM
should be a good game. UCA has showed up decently in their first transition year.

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 06:47 PM
Damn this audio sucks!

Always does for the coaches show. Should shapen up for the game itself, though it won't be that much better...:mad:

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 07:00 PM
I am sorry, but this is ridiculous...

KSAM needs to make a commitment to an improved audio thread. Our visitors always have the better sound sadly enough.

Nice Emily Jones leading the Bearkat Band with Sammy!

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 07:08 PM
Conque...that guy is going to be golden for UCA...

I like how he presents himself, cap backwards...looks full of energy, that's for sure...

Whitten seems to remind me of Randleman, but that's no problem...

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 07:08 PM
UCA wins the toss and defers...

Kats will return the ball...

Purple Pride
October 19th, 2006, 07:09 PM
There's a good feed on ucasports.com.:thumbsup:

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 07:09 PM
There's a good feed on ucasports.com.:thumbsup:

I am sure there is...

I'll get my laughs and stay with KSAM's broadcast...you always know what your going to get with them...xcoffeex

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Hicks to Martin...

Get used to that, Martin is his fave WR...

Purple Pride
October 19th, 2006, 07:10 PM
Conque...that guy is going to be golden for UCA...

I like how he presents himself, cap backwards...looks full of energy, that's for sure...

Whitten seems to remind me of Randleman, but that's no problem...

Wait till he gets pissed about something, they'll have to carry him off the field.xlolx

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 07:12 PM
Hicks to Martin for 9 yards...

DD Terry gets enough for the first down on his first touch of the game...FIRST DOWN BEARKATS!

1st and 10, incomplete pass to Christian...

2nd and 10...Terry runs for 11 yards, FIRST DOWN BEARKATS!

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 07:13 PM
I've switched to the UCA feed...

KSAM's thread is too far behind in terms of the game watching on TV...

Back to back first downs...

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 07:15 PM
Nice pass by Hicks to Perry...FIRST DOWN BEARKATS!

Pressure on first down, Hicks throws it away, almost an INT...

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Kats have been under more pressure in this game than they have the last few weeks...

Still no sack, knock on wood...

Kats can't convert on 3rd down...

4th and 10, 10th play of the drive...12:18 and we have a timeout...UCA37...Kats timeout..

McNeese72
October 19th, 2006, 07:18 PM
Wait till he gets pissed about something, they'll have to carry him off the field.xlolx

He is a good guy. He spent a little time at McNeese as an assistant coach. I think it was his first college coaching job.

Doc

Purple Pride
October 19th, 2006, 07:19 PM
I've switched to the UCA feed...

KSAM's thread is too far behind in terms of the game watching on TV...

Back to back first downs...

Good luck with the feed TT. Sometimes old Bill gets, how do you say, confused.xlolx

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 07:20 PM
Kats punt.

UCA ball at the UCA02...

35 yard punt, caught at the two yard line...beautiful!

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 07:22 PM
UCA picks up five on the first play to the UCA07...

3rd and 1 after the Brown run again...UCA looks like it was stopped on 3rd and short...but it's a UCA first down...

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Kats get the defensive stop...UCA only gets one first down on the drive...

UCA punt. SHSU ball at the UCA38...

Kats return game continues to look mighty fine...9:05 1Q

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 07:28 PM
Huge pass play on 3rd and 20+...

Perry leaps, grabs and makes a move for a huge Bearkat FIRST DOWN!

Kats are now at the UCA15...36 yard gain...

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 07:29 PM
When did Hicks transfer from Houston?!?!?

Played in eight games the past two years as backup quarterback. 2005 -- seven of seven passing ... passed for 57 yards at Houston. 2004 -- passed for 73 yards in the Ouachita Baptist victory. 2003 -- redshirt. High school -- All-State and All-District 25-3A on 13-3 state champion for Coach Mike Williamson ... passed for 2,702 yards and 29 TDs as senior and 1,104 yards and 15 TDs as junior

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 07:32 PM
University of Central Arkansas @ #25 Sam Houston State University
Unofficial Scoring Summary

First Quarter
SHSU: DD Terry 1 yd run (kick blocked) , 5:41 - SHSU 6-0 UCA

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 07:35 PM
COME ON SPECIAL TEAMS! THIS IS GETTING REDICULOUS!

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 07:35 PM
SCORING FIRST MAKES A DIFFERENCE
Sam Houston State has been the first team to score in each of its four victories this season. In the Bearkats’ 21 seasons of NCAA Division I-AA play, the Bearkats are 81-30-2 in games in which they scored the first touchdown. SHSU is 50-91-1 in games in which the opponent scored first.

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Defense needs to step up here and take the breath out of UCA.

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 07:37 PM
Geez, the Bears are getting too much on 1st down. Gain of 7 that time.

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 07:37 PM
The defense snuffed that one out. Great play!

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 07:38 PM
4th down and the Bears are going for it.

4th and short

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 07:39 PM
They got it, first down UCA.

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 07:40 PM
STOP THE DAMN RUN!

Another huge gain on first down.

2nd and 4.

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 07:40 PM
Bears stopped for no gain.

3rd and 4

STEP UP KATS!

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 07:41 PM
UCA got the first.

Pass knocked down, almost intercepted.

2nd and 10

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 07:42 PM
TACKLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT THE HELL, WE STILL CAN'T TACKLE!!!!!!

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 07:42 PM
20 yard gain

first down Bears.

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 07:43 PM
Almost a great catch.

incomplete pass, 2nd and 10

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 07:43 PM
incomplete pass

3rd and 7?

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Kats stop them short of the goal line. Will be 4th and goal from the 2.

UCA going for it.

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 07:45 PM
What a save for the Kats who could have given up a touchdown...

Kats defense steps up big! Momentum in the favor of the Kats...

Wow!

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 07:45 PM
KATS STOP THEM, KATS STOP THEM, KATS STOP THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEARKAT FOOTBALL!!!!

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 07:46 PM
Here's that cheesy commercial again.

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 07:47 PM
FYI...

Kats opponents are now 3/11 on fourth down...

That's very impressive...big plays where the Kats shut'em down!

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 07:49 PM
End of 1st quarter...

Happy the Kats have the lead and had a nice long drive, but Kats are definitely playing like they just woke up out of bed. Time to shake off the rust and play some Bearkat football!

Good thing we have a few extra days before McNeese!

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 07:50 PM
End of 1st quarter...

Happy the Kats have the lead and had a nice long drive, but Kats are definitely playing like they just woke up out of bed. Time to shake off the rust and play some Bearkat football!

Good thing we have a few extra days before McNeese!

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Nice start for both teams...I'd say. I thought we'd be up to play this one...but the 2nd half will be key if/when we may run out of gas some because of the last few weeks.

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 07:51 PM
bfpu,

Pat mentioned something because of the weather, the Kats practice schedule was heavily impacted. It was already a mess due to the short week, so the weather really wreaked havoc...

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 07:53 PM
we had to practice indoors everyday as well due to part of that same weather....

Bear Fan 101
BTW TT and BFPU..all us Bear Fans are in our chatroom at UCAFans.com...jsut use your login name normally and your password to enter

Purple Pride
We had a 2 hr delay while they changed the starter on our plane.xidiotx

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 07:55 PM
we had to practice indoors everyday as well due to part of that same weather....

Of course, SHSU does not have the facility that UCA has...:bow:

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Why ddid we go deep on 3rd and 8? We just needed 8 yards.

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 07:58 PM
81 is one big SOB!

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 07:58 PM
Why ddid we go deep on 3rd and 8? We just needed 8 yards.

Because...

BIG PLAYS MAKE THE DIFFERENCE
Big plays made the difference for Sam Houston in the 30-20 victory at Northwestern State two weeks ago. The Demons rolled up 41 minutes of possession time to 19 for SHSU, running 96 plays to just 46 for the Bearkats. But Sam Houston scored on touchdowns of 74, 94, and 69 yards. Brett Hicks’ 94-yard scoring pass to Brandon Perry is the second longest TD pass in SHSU history. Perry also caught a 69-yard scoring strike. D. D. Terry opened the game with a 74-yard touchdown run, the longest rushing play by a Bearkat since 1997. The defense also came up with a host of big plays with two interceptions, two fumble recoveries, and holding the Demons to only six third down conversions in 17 opportunities.

Let's just hope the Kats don't rely on big plays all the time...:twocents:

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 08:00 PM
UCA punts...

SHSU returns the ball and gets to the SH35...

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 08:01 PM
Because...

BIG PLAYS MAKE THE DIFFERENCE
Big plays made the difference for Sam Houston in the 30-20 victory at Northwestern State two weeks ago. The Demons rolled up 41 minutes of possession time to 19 for SHSU, running 96 plays to just 46 for the Bearkats. But Sam Houston scored on touchdowns of 74, 94, and 69 yards. Brett Hicks’ 94-yard scoring pass to Brandon Perry is the second longest TD pass in SHSU history. Perry also caught a 69-yard scoring strike. D. D. Terry opened the game with a 74-yard touchdown run, the longest rushing play by a Bearkat since 1997. The defense also came up with a host of big plays with two interceptions, two fumble recoveries, and holding the Demons to only six third down conversions in 17 opportunities.

Let's just hope the Kats don't rely on big plays all the time...:twocents:

I understand that but we need to get comfortable before we go for the big plays. They Kats seem out of whack at the moment as that throw Hicks just threw shows.

We need to start letting DDT do his thing.

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 08:02 PM
Come on Kats, go for it on 4th down...

We got the Hogs!

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 08:03 PM
See, why didn't we run it there? 3rd and three with only four down linemen. RUN THE BALL!

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 08:03 PM
Kats punt....

UCA gets great field position and will try to move the ball here in the 2nd quarter...

LeopardFan04
October 19th, 2006, 08:05 PM
Still 6-0?

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 08:05 PM
yup

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 08:06 PM
3rd and 8

Hold'em defense

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 08:07 PM
Incomplete pass

A Bear dropped the pass

Bears to punt

LeopardFan04
Thanks, and thanks for the updates...

blackfordpu
89 YARD PUNT RETURN FOR TD BY DERRICK HARRIS!!!!!!!!!!!

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 08:08 PM
PAT is good

13-0 Kats with 7:48 in the 2nd.

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 08:08 PM

First Quarter
SHSU: DD Terry 1 yd run (kick blocked), 5:41 - SHSU 6-0 UCA

Second Quarter
SHSU: Derrick Harris 89 yd punt return (Wilkins kick), 7:48 - SHSU 13-0 UCA

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 08:09 PM
Harris looked to run out of gas about 30 yards out. Good thing he had some blockers in front of him.

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 08:10 PM
37 yard kickoff return for the Bears.

They will take it 1st and 10 from their own 40.

bobcatfan06
October 19th, 2006, 08:11 PM
Harris needs a new barber.

"I pity the fool"

blackfordpu
Short gain by the Bears.

2nd and 6

TexasTerror
Longest punt return in Bearkat history:

90 yards, Derrick Harris against UCA, 2006

Previous Record:

87 yards, Mike Nelms versus Sul Ross, 1974

Punt Return Yards in a Game

Current Record:

120 by Billy Anderson on eight returns against Texas Southern, 1987

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 08:12 PM
Short run

3rd and 4

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 08:13 PM
Pass interference on the Kats.

BULL*****!

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 08:14 PM
Being reported that it was a 90 yd punt return by bearkeater on KatFans.com...

I may have missed that, but it's still the record...

blackfordpu
Another long run for the Bears. Kats are having trouble with this. Can't keep up letting them have long drives and then relying on the goal line D to make a stop.

blackfordpu
2nd and 5 fomr the 9

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 08:15 PM
1st down for UCA.

Ball spotted on the 4.

NEED THE STOP KATS!

blackfordpu
2nd and 2 from the 2

Bear Fan 101
longest punt return given up in UCA history at 90 yards

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 08:16 PM
3rd and goal from the 2

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 08:16 PM
TD Bears.

2 yard pass.

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 08:17 PM
TOUCHDOWN BEARS!!! 2 yard TD Pass...Brown to Twilley

13-7 Sam Houston

blackfordpu
13-7 Kats

3:06 left in the 2nd.

Bear Fan 101
we are running it pretty effectively on the Kats right now...not sure how long that will last...but so far so good.

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 08:18 PM
Kats need to score on this drive to get that cushion back.

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 08:18 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter
SHSU: Derrick Harris 90 yd punt return (Taylor Wilkins kick), 7:48 - SHSU 13-0 UCA
UCA: Nathan Brown 2 yd pass to Charles Twilley (James Paul kick), 3:06 - SHSU 13-7 UCA

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Houston returns it to the 21.

1st and 10 Kats.

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Very physical run by DDT.

First down Kats.

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 08:21 PM
INterception by the Bears. Ball tipped and a linemen caught it.:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

To be 14-13 Bears.

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 08:21 PM
TOUCHDOWN BEARS!!! Ryan Taylor Int for a TD!!!!

slycat
October 19th, 2006, 08:22 PM
interesting game so far. i think i like the sam road unis better. the uca helments look sharp from head on.

seems like a small crowd but thats what i would expect from a thursday night game on tv.

TexasTerror

First Quarter

Second Quarter
SHSU: Derrick Harris 90 yd punt return (Taylor Wilkins kick), 7:48 - SHSU 13-0 UCA
UCA: Nathan Brown 2 yd pass to Charles Twilley (James Paul kick), 3:06 - SHSU 13-7 UCA
UCA: Ryan Taylor 20 yd interception return (James Paul kick), 2:32 - UCA 14-13 SHSU

blackfordpu
Ok, the line needs to step up. No sacks allowed in the last three games and already major pressure on Hicks tonight.

Bear Fan 101
BEARS 14...Sam Houston 13....

Purple Pride
October 19th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Way to go BEARS!!!! 2 TD's in 34 seconds.:thumbsup:

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 08:23 PM
seems like a small crowd but thats what i would expect from a thursday night game on tv.

To quote Bobcat Fans when it looked like 200 fans at the FAU/TxSt game on FoxSW a few years ago...they keep showing the visitor side (or in your case, student side)...

It looked pretty good on the home side, but final attendance numbers will tell us...

slycat
October 19th, 2006, 08:24 PM
nice shot of some hot bearkat fans. they sure know how to make girls in texas.

slycat
October 19th, 2006, 08:25 PM
To quote Bobcat Fans when it looked like 200 fans at the FAU/TxSt game on FoxSW a few years ago...they keep showing the visitor side (or in your case, student side)...

It looked pretty good on the home side, but final attendance numbers will tell us...

yeah i dont expect a lot of folks to show up to the nicholls game thats on tv either. i remember that fau game. same thing happened when we played mcneese st on tv on a thursday.

Bear Fan 101
here come...DA BEARS!!!

blackfordpu
WTF TW, RUN THE DAMN BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REMEMBER MCNEESE LAST SEASON??????

Intercepted by the Bears.

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Kats are ussually the ones to force turnovers, leading the SLC in turnover margin...

A bit surprised by all these mishaps by the Kats offense...

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 08:26 PM
I wouldnt be surprised TT..you know as much as anyone, our D can play. They are not the greatest in the world, but we can play some football.

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 08:27 PM
OK, they have run that QB draw to death and we can not stop it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 08:27 PM
WTF TW, RUN THE DAMN BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REMEMBER MCNEESE LAST SEASON??????

:nonono2:

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Kats need to wake up and so does TW. Why isn't he running the ball tonight?

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 08:28 PM
I'm interested to see how our stamina holdsi nthe 2nd half, I still think you guys might have the advantage in the 4th on that front.

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Another long play by the Bears, I am really getting frustrated here. About to punch out my screen!

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 08:30 PM
I'm interested to see how our stamina holdsi nthe 2nd half, I still think you guys might have the advantage in the 4th on that front.

That's exactly what I predicted heading into this game...

We'll see. We'll have a halftime to sit through and question what's going on. TW needs to get these guys fired up and come out making some noise...

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 08:31 PM
Apparently Mark Berman is at Bowers Stadium according to our Fox 26 insider on KatFans.com...

I can only imagine...

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 08:32 PM
Shouldn't that have been holding there at the QBs feet? He held him on the ground.

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 08:33 PM
TOOOOOOUUUUUCCCHHHHDOWN....BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 08:33 PM
TD Bears. The Kats are out of this one. Not in the game at all. I'm about two seconds away from saying good night. Kats are looking like that Kats of 2005.

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 08:34 PM
21-13 Bears

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 08:34 PM
Not a good sign, TW looks confused.

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 08:35 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter
UCA: Ryan Taylor 20 yd interception return (James Paul kick), 2:32 - UCA 14-13 SHSU
UCA: Nathan Brown 12 yd pass to David Robinson (James Paul kick), 00:08 - UCA 21-13 SHSU

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 08:36 PM
End of the first half...

UCA 21-13 SHSU...21 points in final 3:06 of the 1st half...

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 08:36 PM
End of first half.

Bears up 21-13 on the Kats. Looks like that missed PAT could spell disaster for the Kats.

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 08:37 PM
End of the first half...

UCA 21-13 SHSU...21 points in final 3:06 of the 1st half...

This is looking too much like McNeese from last season. I can't say that enough. Turnovers right before the half and see our lead disappear.

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 08:41 PM
00:31 MCN - Allen, Chris 24 yd interception return (Fontenot, Mark pass failed), , SHSU 14 - MCN 15
00:10 MCN - Whitehead, Stev 9 yd pass from Fontenot, Mark (Bercegeay, Blak rush failed), 3-11 0:14, SHSU 14 - MCN 21

That game went from SHSU leading 14-9 over McNeese to SHSU down 21-14 with 31 seconds left! Ahhhh!

RabidRabbit
October 19th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Turnovers and penalties are the quickest ways to lose a game. SHSU fans, these Bears were rated, and effectively, all three of their losses have been to rated teams, or teams demonstrating an ability to master SLC teams this year.

slycat
October 19th, 2006, 08:48 PM
seems the slc gets more interesting. of course this isnt a conference game so it wont effect those standings. whats weird is i jumped to the game with about 8 min left in the 2Q so i havn't even seen shsu offense yet. ill save my judgements until i see more.

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 08:51 PM
we sure could have played better in South Dakota, that's for sure...but part of that is because of the other team we were playing, those rascally rabbits!:hurray:

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2006, 08:51 PM
just got home, what's the story of the 1st half?

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 08:53 PM
just got home, what's the story of the 1st half?

Kats go up 13-0 and then unravel in the last 3:06 allowing UCA 21 points...

SHSU breaks record for punt return...90 yards...longest return surrendered in UCA history...

Here's President Gaertner!

Bear Fan 101
Sam jumped out 13-00...Bears score 21 in last 3:20 of first half to take halftime lead 21-13 in Huntsville

Bear Fan 101
or what TT said as well

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 08:54 PM
Got to love President Gaertner...

He's a true Bearkat. Knows we lead the SLC in GPA and Commish Honor Roll. Tops the conference in athletic performance with the Commish Cup...

Lots of growth all around...a visionary!

RabidRabbit
October 19th, 2006, 08:56 PM
Bad news bears capitalized on two interceptions after their only sustained drive to take a 21-13 lead against SHSU. All in the last 3:05 in 1st half.

Purple Pride
October 19th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Bad news bears capitalized on two interceptions after their only sustained drive to take a 21-13 lead against SHSU. All in the last 3:05 in 1st half.

I like that. Bad News Bears.:thumbsup:

BEAR
October 19th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Bears should have scored a 3 on their second drive....but good defense by SHSU to stop the drive at the 5. Two dropped passes by receivers on that drive in the end zone..ahhhhhhh....

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Another big play given up by SHSU...

Someone needs to grab a Bear and pull'em down!

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 09:00 PM
And the Bears get the ball to start the second. I hope the Kats woke up or this could get ugly.

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 09:00 PM
One weakness I have seen all year is our inability to finish a tackle.

RabidRabbit
October 19th, 2006, 09:01 PM
I like that. Bad News Bears.:thumbsup:

LOL, have been to the SLC teams played/playing.

Look forward to seeing if Rabbits will continue State domination in Conway (next year?) Or if your continued improvements squelch that. Should be a good game.

Bear Fan 101
One weakness I have seen all year is our inability to finish a tackle.

to be honest...ours too season long.

Bear Fan 101

Look forward to seeing if Rabbits will continue State domination in Conway (next year?) Or if your continued improvements squelch that. Should be a good game.

heard nothing but good things about your fanbase, look forward tohosting you guys.

blackfordpu
Ok, I'm out. Kats can't do a damn thing on defense. 3rd and 2, of course they are going to run it. We still can't stop it.

Purple Pride
October 19th, 2006, 09:03 PM

It'll be later in the year next year, so the weather might help ya'll.xlolx
Either way it'll be a great game and we look forward too it. Look me up and we'll have an adult beverage or 6.:thumbsup:

October 19th, 2006, 09:04 PM
Wow the SHSU audio stream is unlistenable. The UCA one is waaaay better.

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 09:06 PM
Wow the SHSU audio stream is unlistenable. The UCA one is waaaay better.

In terms of quality of the broadcasters or the technology side of things?

Perhaps, both? :twocents:

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 09:06 PM
The UCA one is waaaay better.

and you might hear me at some point ....xlolx

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 09:07 PM
TOUCHDOWN BEARS!!!!

Bear Fan 101
that was adrive right there to start the 2nd half

TexasTerror

First Quarter

Second Quarter
UCA: Nathan Brown 12 yd pass to David Robinson (James Paul kick), 00:08 - UCA 21-13 SHSU

Third Quarter:
UCA: Nathan Brown 5 yd pass to Charles Twilley (James Paul kick), 11:18 - UCA 28-13 SHSU

Purple Pride
Twilley walks in!!!!!!!

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 09:08 PM
11:18 3rd Qtr...28-13 BEARS

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 09:12 PM
That's two offensive pass interference calls against the Kats...

Not looking good...

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 09:14 PM
CATCH THE *****ING BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purple Pride
October 19th, 2006, 09:15 PM
They're blocking for screens and the QB is throwing past the line.

Bear Fan 101
Fumble KATS...1st Down Bears!!!

TexasTerror
My, what a difference a week makes...

Turnovers left and right...

It may be time to give Hicks a series off and see what our #2 signal-caller can do...

blackfordpu
Another turnover. Perry caught it but once again we blow a good gain and he fumbles. This is a *****ing joke of a football game.

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 09:16 PM
Turnovers...Sam Houston 3.....UCA 0

blackfordpu
Turnovers...Sam Houston 3.....UCA 0

Purple Pride
It's a great game! WAY TO GO D!!!!

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 09:19 PM
time to put in the second string

say goodbye to the top 25 but luckily we will still have a shot at the SLC title.

slycat
October 19th, 2006, 09:21 PM
seems that fssw hasnt been kind to the home team this season.

slycat
October 19th, 2006, 09:21 PM
time to put in the second string

say goodbye to the top 25 but luckily we will still have a shot at the SLC title.

dang it and a slc team had finally gotten back in the top 25

siugrad99
October 19th, 2006, 09:22 PM
Lots to be proud of in Arkansas when football is concerned these days

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 09:22 PM
UCA 31

Sam 13

James Paul 28 yard FG

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 09:23 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter:
UCA: Nathan Brown 5 yd pass to Charles Twilley (James Paul kick), 11:18 - UCA 28-13 SHSU
UCA: James Paul 28 yd FG, 7:05 - UCA 31-13

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 09:23 PM
dang it and a slc team had finally gotten back in the top 25

we were on the cusp of the Top 25 before this last 3 game stretch of games...granted we arent totally SLC yet, buti t looks better...:smiley_wi

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 09:24 PM
31 unanswered points by UCA since the 3:06 mark in the 2nd Quarter...

McNeese75
October 19th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Can someone tell me why that stripped pass by UCA was not a fumble??:confused:

Kats score and close to 10 points. Lot of football left in this one.

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 09:30 PM
Kats find their endzone again

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 09:31 PM
TD Kats!

Now the defense needs to step up on THIS drive!

Bear Fan 101

Because we are playing an SLC team on their field...even though we are SLC...sort of...

Bear Fan 101
31-21 UCA over Kats

blackfordpu
Two point conversion good.

10 point game.

31-21 Bears, 3:25 left in the 3rd.

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 09:32 PM

I thought it was a fumble and even screamed obscenities at the TV.

slycat
October 19th, 2006, 09:34 PM
this game seems a lot like the texas st - mcneese st game. lots of turnovers for the home team but they keep finding a way to stay in it.

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 09:35 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter:
SHSU: Brett Hicks ?? yd pass to Blake Martin (Brett Hicks pass to Brandon Perry), 3:25 - UCA 31-21 SHSU

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 09:35 PM
Was Hicks talking to Bomar?

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 09:36 PM
BFPU...at least you're being honest becasue that was afumble to us...

Purple Pride
October 19th, 2006, 09:37 PM

2 words...HOME COOKIN':mad:

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 09:38 PM
give us 6!!! TOUCHDOWN BEARS!!!!!

blackfordpu
Yup, the Kats are going to find a way to lose tonight.

Purple Pride
2 words...HOME COOKIN':mad:
3 more words. IT WON'T HELP.:thumbsup:

slycat
shsu secondary missing tackles left and right. they must be watching our tapes.:p

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 09:39 PM

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter:
SHSU: Brett Hicks ?? yd pass to Blake Martin (Brett Hicks pass to Brandon Perry), 3:25 - UCA 31-21 SHSU
UCA: Nathan Brown 55 yd pass to David Robinson (James Paul kick), 1:48 - UCA 38-21 SHSU

Bear Fan 101
6 straight UCA possesssions with points on the board

1:48 3rd Quarter

UCA 38

Sam 21

WR David Robinson his first TD of the year!

Purple Pride
6 straight scoring posessions for the BEARS!!!xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 09:43 PM
This game is sending a message to the Kats...

I hope the Kats come out battle-ready in their next SLC game...against McNeese...

Win or lose, it hurts the Kats (doesn't look good if we win and that many points on the board), but does not hurt the standings...the Kats have to focus on the mission of winning the SLC. UCA is a great squad and is helping us get battle-ready regardless of the result...

One game at a time...UCA is still on the clock, but in a quarter...it'll be McNeese on the clock...

Kabooom
October 19th, 2006, 09:44 PM
.......SHS..........Da ship be sinkin on this one......Time to inflate the portable dingy..

Purple Pride
October 19th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Another UCA injury. Sounds like that cheap-ass astroturf is like playing on a parking lot.

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 09:45 PM
Start of the 4th Qtr.

UCA 38
Sam 21

AppGuy04
October 19th, 2006, 09:48 PM
Didn't expect this. Looks like another shakeup for spots 20-25

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 09:50 PM
I think we are playing like we did earlier int he year now....we are not a bad football team

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 09:53 PM
UCA going to let the Kitty out of the Bag yet arent we...

Bear Fan 101
are the Sam fans even in here still?

TexasTerror

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter:
UCA: Nathan Brown 55 yd pass to David Robinson (James Paul kick), 1:48 - UCA 38-21 SHSU

Fourth Quarter:
SHSU: Billy Skinner botched punt recovery in the end zone (kick missed), 11:58 - UCA 38-27 SHSU

blackfordpu
Another missed extra point. I knew the special teams were going to haunt us.

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 09:54 PM
UCA 38

SHSU 27

UCA muffs punt in endzone attempting to punt out of it. Extra point fails...for 2nd time tonight for Sam Houston

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 09:54 PM
are the Sam fans even in here still?

Dealing with smack from non-football playing Lamar...

They don't understand that UCA is not your typical Div II school...

Of course, they've had plenty of problems playing sub-Div I schools in mens' basketball, losing as recently as last year...

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 09:55 PM
Another missed extra point. I knew the special teams were going to haunt us.

However, if it wasnt for the special teams for Sam Houston...or UN Special Teams for UCA...Sam Houston wouldnt even be in this game after a 90 yard punt return and a punt block/recovery in the end zone.

blackfordpu
Might be time to try another kicker for PATs and field goals.

TexasTerror
BEARKAT BALL!

Bear Fan 101
are they still hautning you?

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Fumble, Kats recover. Need to convert this to points.

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 09:56 PM
are they still hautning you?

Yes!

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 09:57 PM
"Vincent Cartwright is playing special teams...what's he doing in there? BLOCKED KICK, KATS BALL, KATS BALL...", Eastern Washington, 2004...

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 09:57 PM
well I'd like to only have 2 missed extra points like you guys have and get at least 14 points directly off of special teams turnovers anyday...

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 09:59 PM
First sack by an opposing defense in four games...

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 10:00 PM
First sack on Hicks in the last three games and this one was HUGE!

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 10:03 PM
9:20 4th qtr

UCA 38

SHSU 30

blackfordpu
New kicker and the FG is good!

TexasTerror

First Quarter

Second Quarter

Third Quarter:

Fourth Quarter:
SHSU: Billy Skinner botched punt recovery in the end zone (kick missed), 11:58 - UCA 38-27 SHSU
SHSU: Stewart Pearcy FG, 9:28 - UCA 38-30 SHSU

AppGuy04
October 19th, 2006, 10:04 PM
the comeback is on!

blackfordpu
Yup, was Bomar I saw talking to Hicks earlier in the game.

TexasTerror
the comeback is on!

Shhhhhhh.....:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 10:05 PM
What kind of kick was that? Very short!

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 10:05 PM
I like this short and tall kick off where we get the ball at the 50 when we catch it

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 10:07 PM
I like this short and tall kick off where we get the ball at the 50 when we catch it

I don't!:nonono2:

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 10:07 PM
The Bears are getting away with a lot of holding tonight.

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 10:08 PM
yeah, and Sam hasnt gotten one call all night!:smiley_wi

TexasTerror
October 19th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Redshirt freshman Luke McCall has had his fair share of problems in this game...unfortunately, all penalty-related...

Purple Pride
October 19th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Yeah....And the Bearkats are chop-blocking like there's no tomorrow.

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 10:10 PM
yeah, and Sam hasnt gotten one call all night!:smiley_wi

Apparenlty not:
Penelties
UCA - 6 for 30
SHSU - 6-66

Bear Fan 101
well I'd say Sam Houston is doing a good job pass interfering tonight

blackfordpu
And add another one. Pass interference. A bull***** call!

blackfordpu
October 19th, 2006, 10:11 PM
Funny how the universe balances itself out sometimes. Kats strip the ball and get the ball back.

Bear Fan 101
October 19th, 2006, 10:12 PM
so let me get this straight..they fumble we recover, it's not a fumble....we fumble, they recover, it counts.....and the Kats fans are complaining about UCA penalties...

Bear Fan 101
OT tonight anyone?

TexasTerror
Okay...we're going to do a little skit...

Brett Hicks, your Dustin Long...

Brandon Perry...Blake Martin...Dustin Dzuik...whomever...your Jason Mathenia

Philip Daughtery...Travis Tobaden...

Stewart Pearcy...Lance Garner...

Ready, let's roll!