PDA

View Full Version : Elon Much Improved

Kill'em
October 15th, 2006, 12:03 AM
I've gotta give it to Elon and Coach Lembo; this is a much improved team. They did a good job of passing the ball and converting third downs (yes, I know this is our weakness) and they completely stuffed the run, worse than NDSU. We won because of our newfound passing attack that matched up well against their weakness. This team is a really good team and I was impressed by them. The SoCon schools that have not played them yet, beware, this is not the same Elon we've seen the last several years.

1Aneedsplayoffs
October 15th, 2006, 12:10 AM
GSU just aint that good

(never thought I would say that)

Kill'em
October 15th, 2006, 12:15 AM
We aren't but Elon does deserve credit.

The Gadfly
October 15th, 2006, 03:57 AM
Don't say we didn't warn ya. They rarely make mistakes and are very focused.

ElonPride
October 15th, 2006, 11:12 AM
You guys made Wes Pope make a couple bad decisions, and that really hurt us! You came out in the 2nd half and knew what to do, and boy did you exploit our weakness.

I really wanted to come out with the win, but I am somewhat satisfied in the outcome.

GaSouthern
October 15th, 2006, 11:26 AM
You came out in the 2nd half and knew what to do, and boy did you exploit our weakness.

I didn't think i'd hear that this year! Good game guys, glad we escaped!

gophoenix
October 15th, 2006, 12:37 PM
As much as lots hate to say it, an improved Elon is better for the SoCon. No offense GSU fans, I think we have the better coach. But you by far have a better receiver. You exploited our young line to make Pope rush and make a few bad decisions. You I-A transfers are really making a difference too. You guys will be better next year, no doubt. And So will we. Can't wait to get you guys up in Burlington next year.

I think the SoCon is getting better top to bottom now. Hopefully soon we'll have a SoCon where no game is a given.

Kill'em
October 15th, 2006, 01:21 PM
Absolutely. Elon's improvement helps the conference. And, yes, you have the better coach. I am going to be patient and let these changes evolve but we don't look like a contender right now. Then again, we weren't playing a weakling either.

Seven Would Be Nice
October 15th, 2006, 03:16 PM
What really stood out to me was elons pass blocking.. They would throw a screen or a pass 5 yards out and they would block 3 of our guys and turn it into a 15 yard play on several occasions. Elon played a hell of a game, had me nervous the whole time.

I was very surprised we pulled out the W to be honest. When we weren't up big at halftime I got worried, but we came out very strong in the second half for the first time this year.. it was a thing of beauty.

Death Dealer
October 15th, 2006, 03:19 PM
I'm sorry to see the pheonix come away without a win. I know they are getting alot better and all that....I've been saying that all along. But having been on the receiving end of some GSU beatings, I know, you take a win in the 'boro when you can get it....and I got a feeling this was the year for Elon to do that....it will only get harder from here on out.:nod: and that goes for all of us.:nod:

SoCon48
October 15th, 2006, 03:56 PM
Pope would been over 50% yesterday if his completions to GSU DB's could be counted.

Saint3333
October 15th, 2006, 03:58 PM
Elon is getting better. Preparation and coaching are the biggest improvements. I want everyone in the conference to improve win OOC games, that just makes it sweeter when ASU wins.

Kill'em
October 15th, 2006, 04:17 PM
Pope would been over 50% yesterday if his completions to GSU DB's could be counted.
It's funny, only one pass was intercepted by a DB. Defensive End Larry Beard got the other one. Actually, he had 3 or 4 more in his hands and the other end, Charrod Taylor dropped an easy one. These two made plays all day. Glad they did or Elon would have won.

gophoenix
October 15th, 2006, 07:04 PM

You have to forgive JCline, he's digging for a fight. You see, this thread is about giving Elon some props. And that just won't do in his world. Enter comments like this.

Anything else to add?

Also, funny to note that Pope put up better numbers and had a better QB rating than the SUPERSTAR Edwards. You know, with Pope being behind more inexperienced linemen and playing a GSU that's better than Wofford and all.

So why did you comment again?

Saint3333
October 15th, 2006, 07:12 PM
The same reason you did GP.:bang:

gophoenix
October 15th, 2006, 07:15 PM
The same reason you did GP.

This thread is about Elon, not crApp. Yet now, it's going to end up being and Elon vs crApp argument because you guys can't sit there and not run your mouth for one thread, even when it has nothing to do with App.

blukeys
October 15th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Elon's improved?????????!!!!!!!! ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

How did that happen with that blithering Village idiot Lembo at the helm???? :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;) :rolleyes: ;)

After all, my Lehigh buddies have told me that Lembo is the one holding Lehigh back from winning it all every year. xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

So this year Elon is improved and Lehigh is WHERE???????!!!!!!!!!!!:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Saint3333
October 15th, 2006, 07:32 PM
This thread is about Elon, not crApp. Yet now, it's going to end up being and Elon vs crApp argument because you guys can't sit there and not run your mouth for one thread, even when it has nothing to do with App.

"You guys" I wonder if you can read sometimes lol.

Please reread my first post and I'll let you and JCline go back to beating a dead horse. GP sorry if ALL ASU fans aren't the awful people you try to make us out to be...

gophoenix
October 15th, 2006, 08:16 PM
"You guys" I wonder if you can read sometimes lol.

Yes, I read your first post. And I think you're one of the good ones (I can name a bunch of cool App posters). "You guys" implies a bit more focused of an App posting group, and you know exactly who I am talking about.

No, not all App fans are what I make them out to be, but you guys to try to stop or shush the 30 or so idiots that make your school look bad everywhere on the net.

SoCon48
October 16th, 2006, 10:44 AM
You have to forgive JCline, he's digging for a fight. You see, this thread is about giving Elon some props. And that just won't do in his world. Enter comments like this.

Anything else to add?

Also, funny to note that Pope put up better numbers and had a better QB rating than the SUPERSTAR Edwards. You know, with Pope being behind more inexperienced linemen and playing a GSU that's better than Wofford and all.

Feel better? That's right, get it all out. Gotta be frustrating as hell being a Penix fan.

Since Pope is so great, he must be being paid to lob those wounded ducks to the opponents.

I hate freshman Edwards didn't get to play more vs the Lonkers in their head to head the other week. Hell, Armanti got more yards rushing from the QB position than the whole Elon backfield. 263 TO vs Pope's 232 in little more than a half of play. Of course Pope might have done better if he'd been standing up more.
What were you babbling about effieciency?

Wofford GSU better than Wofford? Well, you are entitled to your
opinion. Somehow, I don't think Steve Spurrier would agree. Wofford led the Gamecocks in almost evey category when they lost by 4 pts to GSU.
Wofford is #1 in rushing in the SoCon. What does GSU lead in?
I'm sure you have some reason to think that GSU is better than Wofford.
I don't.

And why did I comment again?
1. Because I can.
2. Dispell a little Pope for Heisman hype.xlolx

And digging for a fight. Damn, GP, you're just way too easy. What with ypour persecution complex and all.

SoCon48
October 16th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Yes, I read your first post. And I think you're one of the good ones (I can name a bunch of cool App posters). "You guys" implies a bit more focused of an App posting group, and you know exactly who I am talking about.

No, not all App fans are what I make them out to be, but you guys to try to stop or shush the 30 or so idiots that make your school look bad everywhere on the net.

"You guys" implies a bit more focused of an App posting group, and you know exactly who I am talking about

Thanks, that's exactly the way I feel about you. ElonDad and EP are fine, but you...... (oh, wait, this isn't the smack board.)

gophoenix
October 16th, 2006, 01:23 PM
Real mature posts there JCline. Real mature. It must be real hard living with yourself and it's really scary that you actually taught kids.

ASU Kep
October 16th, 2006, 01:39 PM
I've gotta give it to Elon and Coach Lembo; this is a much improved team. They did a good job of passing the ball and converting third downs (yes, I know this is our weakness) and they completely stuffed the run, worse than NDSU. We won because of our newfound passing attack that matched up well against their weakness. This team is a really good team and I was impressed by them. The SoCon schools that have not played them yet, beware, this is not the same Elon we've seen the last several years.

Absolutely. I figured they'd come around sooner or later, but the pace at which they've improved is very impressive. They still wouldn't compete with the top three in a "normal" SOCON year, but are certainly no longer the perenial cellar-dwellers of the past few years. IIRC, they don't lose too many to graduation this year either (well...Nkang :eek: ) so they just might be pretty good next year, too. Elon fans, what do you guys look like next year(s)? Do you have a young team overall? :confused:

Pard4Life
October 16th, 2006, 02:17 PM
Well at least some people appreciate Coach Lembo.... :rolleyes:

The Leopards sure did.. :D

But joking aside, he is a good coach. Glad to see him winning in a power conference.

Death Dealer
October 16th, 2006, 02:39 PM
yay for Elon!:hurray: A strong SOCON is good for everyone!:nod:

SoCon48
October 16th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Real mature posts there JCline. Real mature. It must be real hard living with yourself and it's really scary that you actually taught kids.

Just what did I say that excedes your crap? Just trying to match your usual drivel. You're the master of name calling. It's really scary that you're actually raising a kid.
BTW, I didn't talk to kids the way you talk to me. Teacher of the year twice FYI. Your e-mails were the most idiotic immature name calling psycho crap I ever read. They were actually scary. Finally put a block on that spam type stuff. You really need to get a grip and look objectively at your own posts for that matter.
Guess you thought "Penix" was immature. Exactly the way feel about constant boring use of "crApp".

Kill'em
October 16th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Now kids, don't make me put you in time out.:D

gophoenix
October 16th, 2006, 05:57 PM
Elon has 4 seniors that get constant playing time. The center Marty Redden, Corner Irvin Raglin, a defensive lineman and a lineman on special teams and of course Chad Nkang.

Most of the key safeties, LBs, RBs and WRs are freshmen and sophs. QB Pope, RB Hall, SS Bland and WR Mayers are juniors. RB Clegg, WR Hudgins, WR Williamson, FS Sullivan and many of the other key positions starting linemen and such are mostly freshmen.

In reality, we only have 9 seniors on the team total.

gophoenix
October 16th, 2006, 06:01 PM

Just what did I say that excedes your crap? Just trying to match your usual drivel. You're the master of name calling. It's really scary that you're actually raising a kid.
BTW, I didn't talk to kids the way you talk to me. Teacher of the year twice FYI. Your e-mails were the most idiotic immature name calling psycho crap I ever read. They were actually scary. Finally put a block on that spam type stuff. You really need to get a grip and look objectively at your own posts for that matter.
Guess you thought "Penix" was immature. Exactly the way feel about constant boring use of "crApp".

This is coming from the guy calling us Penix, Eloan and lEon for what, 2+ years now. As for the rest, I have no clue what you're talking about, but that goes hand in hand to your idiotic posts. I guess it comes down to why you constantly feel the need to post about anything concerning Wofford, Elon and Coastal whether it has to do with crApp or not.

I just find it ironic that you're back on the MMB because I went to bat for you. You're a real testiment to your school.

Mountaineer#96
October 16th, 2006, 06:25 PM
They are much improved as long as they don't play in Boone........;)

SoCon48
October 16th, 2006, 08:15 PM
[QUOTE=I-AA 2006]

This is coming from the guy calling us Penix, Eloan and lEon for what, 2+ years now. As for the rest, I have no clue what you're talking about, but that goes hand in hand to your idiotic posts. I guess it comes down to why you constantly feel the need to post about anything concerning Wofford, Elon and Coastal whether it has to do with crApp or not.

I just find it ironic that you're back on the MMB because I went to bat for you. You're a real testiment to your school.

Damn, boy. You are one more self-righteous piece of work.
As to the MMB, I can't see why the hell you are ever allowed to post on there. Geez, it's downright silly that you have any voice in whether or not I post on there. Go on back to your little two posts a day Penix Forum.As to my posting about Eloan, you sure as hell have your share of posts about App.

I have no clue what you're talking about, but that goes hand in hand to your idiotic posts

I don't doubt that. You couldn't understand a fact if it hit you upside the head.
Oh, and it's "testament."

Death Dealer
October 16th, 2006, 11:12 PM
[QUOTE=gophoenix]Oh, and it's "testament."

He busted you on the spelling thing GP! I don't care who you are that's always funny.xlolx And trust me, I do it way too much for my liking. xlolx You hear that boys and girls? Always proof read your posts!:D

gophoenix
October 17th, 2006, 08:05 AM
He busted you on the spelling thing GP! I don't care who you are that's always funny.

Yes, busting someone on a sports board for lack of proof reading is always such a smack down. Woohoo! When it comes to that, it the other person is usually grasping at straws.

Maybe I should phrase is:
eYs, bstng sum1 on a sprts bored 4 lack of proaf reeding is alays duch a snack sown.

Anyway, to answer the other person's question. We play 9 freshman and 8 sophs on the starting defense and offense. I wasn't sure how many it was, but that's the number as it stands for GSU.

You are one more self-righteous piece of work.
Maybe or maybe not, I don't see it nor do many people. I just take up for my school. But self-righteous is much better than a textbook inferiority complex....

Death Dealer
October 17th, 2006, 09:55 AM
Yes, busting someone on a sports board for lack of proof reading is always such a smack down. Woohoo! When it comes to that, it the other person is usually grasping at straws.

Not disagreeing with you on that. I don't have a dog in this fight. I "officially" have to hate both of you. As far as I'm concerned, you both suck.xlolx No doubt, it's a cheap shot to point out grammatical or spelling errors, but it is entertaining.

As for Elon, they definitley are heading up the ranks of the SOCON. I still know we'd beat you at least 7 out of 10 games, but I wouldn't chalk it up to an easy "W" whenever we play you from here on out. It's so exciting to see the parity that is developing. I hate seeing other conferences laying smack about being the best in I-AA. SOCON rules baby!:hurray:

LUHawker
October 17th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Well at least some people appreciate Coach Lembo.... :rolleyes:

The Leopards sure did.. :D

And here, folks, is exactly why we Lehigh fans wished Pete a fond farewell.

When the Lafayette fans are touting Lehigh's coach (because of losses), it is time to send the man packing.

gophoenix
October 17th, 2006, 10:45 AM
And here, folks, is exactly why we Lehigh fans wished Pete a fond farewell.

When the Lafayette fans are touting Lehigh's coach (because of losses), it is time to send the man packing.

And Elon fans will thank Lehigh any day of the week for what shoving Lembo out the door. Maybe we can play you guys in a game soon and test out the waters of Lembo here and Lehigh there? Might be kind of fun. Maybe a 1-1 series? I've always wanted to go to a Lehigh game anyway!

SoCon48
October 17th, 2006, 03:15 PM

Maybe I should phrase is:
eYs, bstng sum1 on a sprts bored 4 lack of proaf reeding is alays duch a snack sown.

Anyway, to answer the other person's question. We play 9 freshman and 8 sophs on the starting defense and offense. I wasn't sure how many it was, but that's the number as it stands for GSU.

Maybe or maybe not, I don't see it nor do many people. I just take up for my school. But self-righteous is much better than a textbook inferiority complex....

Naah, just icing on the cake; another little burr under your saddle.
No one has to grasp at straws to refute your "facts."
Inferiority complex?:rolleyes:
Yours is definitely a "superiority complex" complete with loads of double standards.

gophoenix
October 17th, 2006, 04:34 PM
Naah, just icing on the cake; another little burr under your saddle.
No one has to grasp at straws to refute your "facts."
Inferiority complex?:rolleyes:
Yours is definitely a "superiority complex" complete with loads of double standards.

LOL, that's the best you've got?

SoCon48
October 18th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Just the truth, ma'am.

LUHawker
October 18th, 2006, 03:39 PM
And Elon fans will thank Lehigh any day of the week for what shoving Lembo out the door. Maybe we can play you guys in a game soon and test out the waters of Lembo here and Lehigh there? Might be kind of fun. Maybe a 1-1 series? I've always wanted to go to a Lehigh game anyway!

Don't take this the wrong way, but you guys sucked so badly that you had no where to go but up. Lehigh didn't have that much room to go up and Pete clearly didn't take us further up, but he sure did take us down, which of course there was more room for. I'm actually glad Pete is doing well at Elon; there is no ill will, but it was time for him to move on. Glad to see that he can at least hurdle a low bar because he didn't hurdle the high ones. As for a game with Lehigh, I think it could happen, but probably several years down the road after there is bit more separation between Pete and Lehigh.

SoCon48
October 21st, 2006, 02:37 PM

Anything else to add?

What was that about GSU being better than Wofford? Halftime: Wofford 28 Elon 3.

SoCon48
October 21st, 2006, 02:37 PM
But there's still time to make it respectable..like when Ayers sends in the 2nd stringers.

gophoenix
October 21st, 2006, 09:18 PM
But there's still time to make it respectable..like when Ayers sends in the 2nd stringers.

Glad you still care enough about Elon to continue a thread about us. I really admire how much time you devote to us.

Ayers never sent in the 2nd stringers. It's funny that Pope threw for more against Wofford than Edwards did. And that Elon scored more despite three turnovers, two of which were in the endzone.

dungeonjoe
October 22nd, 2006, 03:14 AM
Glad you still care enough about Elon to continue a thread about us. I really admire how much time you devote to us.

Ayers never sent in the 2nd stringers. It's funny that Pope threw for more against Wofford than Edwards did. And that Elon scored more despite three turnovers, two of which were in the endzone.
As many injuries as the terriers had to the defense vs. Elon, I think we were to third stringers in some positions.

gophoenix
October 22nd, 2006, 07:38 AM
As many injuries as the terriers had to the defense vs. Elon, I think we were to third stringers in some positions.

Maybe in two positions of the DL. But that is not putting your third stringers in because you were up by so much. Good coaching by the terriors, no doubt. You guys stuck it to us and showed our coaching staff what great execution looks like.

SoCon48
October 22nd, 2006, 01:06 PM

I admire how much you care about ASU. Post so m uch on the MMB anjd call ASU crApp athousand times on your own board. LOL!

Maybe Elon should re-evaluate passing so may times. Newsflash: You freaking lost.

Good lord. he passed 48 times. I'm sure Woff appreciated the 3 he threw them. Still can't run a lick can he. Can see why he isn't a fullback anymore.

P Armanti Edwards 24-12-1 132 1 26 3
R Armanti Edwards 17 ....... 115 24 91 1 26 5.4

P Wes Pope 48-30-3 384 1 47 3
R Wes Pope 10 9 26 -17 1 3 -1.7

The Cats
October 22nd, 2006, 01:27 PM
My :twocents:

I think 1-AA 2006 and gophoenix need their own personal board. Methinks you both protest too much.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

gophoenix
October 22nd, 2006, 02:24 PM
Post on the MMB too much??? What are you talking about? This is the AGS board if you haven't noticed.

Though, let me get this all straight. You keep a thread alive by blasting Pope. Then when Pope does well, regardless of TOs and how Edwards did ... the only thing you can say is "You freaking lost."

LOL, your responses are really starting to crack me up now. It's gone from valid points to tantrums and logic that remind me of my two year old.

Buh bye.

SoCon48
October 23rd, 2006, 04:24 PM
Post on the MMB too much??? What are you talking about? This is the AGS board if you haven't noticed.

Though, let me get this all straight. You keep a thread alive by blasting Pope. Then when Pope does well, regardless of TOs and how Edwards did ... the only thing you can say is "You freaking lost."

LOL, your responses are really starting to crack me up now. It's gone from valid points to tantrums and logic that remind me of my two year old.

Buh bye.

Uh dude. I posted the stats. I thought maybe your Elon education would allow you to see that the stats were extremely close even though Edwards had far less plays. Guess not.

Edwards 31 plays (passes +rushes)= 247/31= 7.96 yds/play
Pope 58 plays=367/58=6.32 yds/play
We won't even get into throwing interceptions and laying on his back.

I think some 2 year olds would even understand the diff.
You're so hung up on Pope outshining Ham's son that you don't see the facts. You really need to get over it.
Too, the point about who won might just have a little something to do with Pope being the whole show. Getting the stats but getting the loss, too.

You're a trip. I remind you of your statement that Pope got his stats last week vs a "much better GSU team" and all you can come up with is my posting about Elon.
Geez.
I bet your 2 yr old could up with something better.xcoffeex

gophoenix
October 23rd, 2006, 07:50 PM
Too, the point about who won might just have a little something to do with Pope being the whole show.

You're absolutely right with this comment. I don't blame Pope, he is talented without a doubt. But without a running game, the team becomes very one dimensional and thus a bit easier on opposing defenses. Liek how PHam relied on the run above all else.

GSU was good last week and Wofford has executed outstanding the past two weeks. But I am to the point now that every team in the SoCon is a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. It's no telling what any team from is going to do week to week at this point. I sure would never have guessed that App would have played Wofford and GSU both close after the way App handled UTC and Elon. Is it parity? Is it inconsistency? Can the inconsistency be attributed to opposing defenses? I can't say, but it makes for an exciting season.

SoCon48
October 23rd, 2006, 08:24 PM
Just for apples vs apples

Pope vs GSU 17-35-2 214yds 24 rushing 238 total off
Edwards vs GSU 11-21-1 310 yds 140 rushing 350 total offense.
Again a discrepency in number of plays.

If Elon had some of last year's rushing they'd be extremely dangerous on offense.

SoCon48
November 6th, 2006, 05:25 AM

Anything else to add?

GSU better than Wofford??? Not even in Statesboro. ::

Wofford 28, Georgia Southern 10

STATESBORO, Ga. - Wofford set two Paulson Stadium records during the second half as Georgia Southern dropped a 28-10 decision Saturday afternoon (Nov. 4). The loss dropped the Eagles to 3-6 overall and 2-4 in the Southern Conference.

Georgia Southern took a 10-7 lead into the locker room, but Brandon Berry set a punt return record and Michael Hobbs broke loose on a record 99-yard run during the decisive second half.

GS won the coin flip for the first time this year and deferred. On 4th-and-1, the Eagle defense stopped Josh Collier short of a first down as the offense took over on Wofford’s 35. The drive stalled and Patrick Bolen’s 35-yard field goal attempt went wide right.

The Terriers caught a break during their second possession. Collier fumbled, but Rico Zackery could not scoop up the loose ball and Wofford recovered for a 26-yard gain. Colby Harris ran 36 yards on a reverse, getting down to the four. Two plays later Kevious Johnson scored for a 7-0 lead with 3:10 left in the first.

On the ensuing kickoff Jayson Foster returned it 40 yards to the GS 45. Eagles converted 4th-and-3 from the Terrier 13 when Raja Andrews held onto Travis Clark’s pass getting inside the 10. The Eagles could not convert on 3rd-and-goal, settling for a 24-yard field goal.

After the Eagles forced another 3-and-out, they took over on their own 43. Chris Covington broke through the middle on the first play for a 57-yard touchdown. It was his eighth rushing TD of the season, and first in four games. Bolen’s PAT gave Georgia Southern a 10-7 lead midway through the second.

Wofford forced Georgia Southern to a 3-and-out on its first drive of the second half. In fact, the Terriers were able to record a rare sack on GS, just the fifth time this year the nation-leading Eagles allowed a QB sack. Collier capped an 8-play, 61-yard drive when he scored from 16 yards out, regaining a 14-10 lead.

When Dan Jordan went back to punt on the Eagles’ next drive, Berry caught the ball on the eight and raced 92 yards down the right sidelines for a touchdown. It was the second-longest punt return in Wofford history and first time in 32 games the Eagles allowed a score off a punt (at Georgia in 2004). The previous record was 87 yards by Anthony Williams in 2002 against VMI.

The Eagles’ defense came up with a huge stop on 4th-and-inches as Wofford went for it on its own 13. Shaheen Solomon stopped Harris for a 3-yard loss. But the Terriers dodged a bullet. The Eagles dropped a pass in the endzone on third down then Bolen missed a 28-yard attempt.

Early in the fourth quarter, Lance Turner downed Jordan’s punt on the 1-yard line. Hobbs set another Paulson record when, on the first play, he broke through for a 99-yard touchdown, extending the lead to 28-10 with 13 minutes left. Hobbs record run shattered former Eagle Mark Myers’ 92-yard run against Appalachian State in 2002.

The Eagles recovered a fumble on the Wofford 35. But for the third time in the game they could not put points on the board when taking over deep in Wofford territory. Chris Rogers, forced to scramble on 4th-and-long, threw his second interception of the year.

“We took a big step back today with our offense, and our special teams has not played well all year, particularly our kicking game. That came back to haunt us in the ball game,” said head coach Brian VanGorder. “Defensively we continue to get better, but we’re not good enough to win games with our ‘D’ and our defense gave up a 99-yard run. We’ve got to keep fighting. We have a chance to build character with a lot of young players and a staff that’s together for the first time.

“You’ve got to give Wofford credit and they’ve been good this year. They are very fundamentally sound, they play hard and they’re well coached. They were a tough group today,” said VanGorder.

John Mohring paced the defense with 10 tackles, including 1.5 for a loss. Dedrick Bynam equaled his career-high of nine stops, including a forced fumble. Save for the record TD run, the defense held Wofford to 99 total yards in the second half.

Covington netted 77 yards on 10 carries while Lewis gained 55 yards. Foster caught four passes for 39 yards while Andrews also hauled in four passes netting 27 yards.

Hobbs gained a game-high 111 yards on six carries for the Terriers (5-4, 4-2). Kevin Adleman made a game-high 11 tackles.

Georgia Southern travels to Furman next Saturday (Nov. 11). Kickoff is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. and televised live on CSS. Wofford hosts Chattanooga next weekend, a 1:30 p.m. kickoff.

gophoenix
November 6th, 2006, 09:28 AM
LOL, you're still on this topic?

FWIW, at the time when I made that statement. GSU was 136 in Sagarin while Wofford, coming off the Coastal loss was 161. Massey has GSU at 28 while Wofford was at 43.

So, yes, based on what was going on at the time of the statement, which was nearly a month ago you idiot, it was true.

-BURN-
-DAYUM-

And if this is all you have to do, yes, you are a loser.

asu7
November 6th, 2006, 10:27 AM

FWIW, at the time when I made that statement. GSU was 136 in Sagarin while Wofford, coming off the Coastal loss was 161. Massey has GSU at 28 while Wofford was at 43.

So, yes, based on what was going on at the time of the statement, which was nearly a month ago you idiot, it was true.

-BURN-
-DAYUM-

Yes ELON you are better ... but I think at this point it is safe to say APP is at the top of the class at the SOCON ... Yes Edwards is better than POPE ... our record indicates that ... players are part of a team and it takes a TEAM effort ... so APP is better than ELON ... there it is settled ... yall are improved tho that is for sure ...

SoCon48
November 6th, 2006, 08:26 PM

-BURN-
-DAYUM-

Rather touchy aren't you? Geez you're so eaay!
And back to your usual immature name calling when you lose an argument. After all your damn name calling the other week, I felt you deserved another reminder (once they finally met on the field) of just what a turkey GSU was when the Pope put up some stats on them and you dissing of Edwards' output vs Wofford.
And anybody who can't see through early season Sagarin numbers certainly shouldn't be calling anyone else an idiot.
Now go pad some stats vs hapless A&T.

SoCon48
November 6th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Yes ELON you are better ... but I think at this point it is safe to say APP is at the top of the class at the SOCON ... Yes Edwards is better than POPE ... our record indicates that ... players are part of a team and it takes a TEAM effort ... so APP is better than ELON ... there it is settled ... yall are improved tho that is for sure ...

Edwards does pretty good stat wise considering he seldom gets to play more than 3 quarters.