PDA

View Full Version : CCSU - coaching search

aceinthehole
December 29th, 2013, 01:03 PM
Not much coming out of New Britain, other than they expect to make the selection before Jan. 15.

This from http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker:

Central Connecticut State:
Keep an eye on New Haven head coach Peter Rossomando and Montana State offensive coordinator quarterbacks coach Tim Cramsey.

Bios:
Peter Rossomando (New Haven) http://www.newhavenchargers.com/coaches.aspx?path=football&rc=293
Tim Cramsey (Montana State) http://www.msubobcats.com/coaches.aspx?rc=326

Dane96
December 29th, 2013, 04:30 PM
Rossomando would be fantastic.

Mattymc727
December 30th, 2013, 07:52 AM
Cramsey was at UNH before Montana State. He knows the NE area well. Was the OC after Chip Kelly left.

aceinthehole
December 30th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Sounds like both would be good choices.

I really like the fact that Rossomando has head coaching experience - gives him the edge in my book.

But I know the UNH program has a really solid foundation and if Cramsey could bring any of that to Central, he could be successful as well.

CrazyCat
December 30th, 2013, 10:32 AM
What is the guess on when this hire might take place ?

aceinthehole
December 30th, 2013, 11:08 AM
What is the guess on when this hire might take place ?

In the next week - 2 weeks max.

CrazyCat
December 30th, 2013, 11:21 AM
In the next week - 2 weeks max.

Thanks Ace.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 30th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Despite the fact that CCSU faces some funding issues this is a good job imo. CCSU has a nice facility and the program has a recent history of winning. The school is also located in an attractive metro area. That should help to attract kids from NJ and PA.

Cecchini would have been a great candidate for this gig...

Pards Rule
January 3rd, 2014, 05:15 PM
John Loose isnt in the mix???

Engineer86
January 4th, 2014, 06:37 AM
Despite the fact that CCSU faces some funding issues this is a good job imo. CCSU has a nice facility and the program has a recent history of winning. The school is also located in an attractive metro area. That should help to attract kids from NJ and PA.

Cecchini would have been a great candidate for this gig...

True makes you wonder. Valpro over CCSU? Or was he never on the list for some reason?

aceinthehole
January 10th, 2014, 11:25 AM
From the Hartford Courant:

One of the following four men will be the next head football coach at Central Connecticut State University (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/topic/education/colleges-universities/central-connecticut-state-university-HOE11.topic):

-New Haven head coach Peter Rossomando
-Stony Brook offensive coordinator Jeff Behrman
-Seton Hill head coach Isaac Collins
-Yale offensive coordinator Kevin Morris

According to sources, that is the list of finalists and all four coaches have had on-campus interviews. The job has been vacant since the November resignation of eight-year coach Jeff McInerney.

Those are facts. Athletic director Paul Schlickmann will consult with his search committee, which consists of a handful of other athletic department officials, and with university president Jack Miller and he will then make a decision that should be announced next week.

The following is opinion, just a feeling I get from chats with a few people familiar with the job, the people and the process: Rossomando is the frontrunner. http://www.courant.com/sports/college/blog/hc-sources-central-connecticut-football-coach-search-down-to-four-finalists-rossomando-berhman-collins-20140109,0,4421790.story

Lehigh Football Nation
January 10th, 2014, 12:56 PM
Issac Collins is a former Lehigh and Holy Cross assistant coach. One of Gilmore's first hires at Holy Cross was to get Collins from Lehigh.

aceinthehole
January 15th, 2014, 06:19 PM
By MIKE ANTHONY, [email protected]
The Hartford Courant
6:11 p.m. EST, January 15, 2014

Peter Rossomando has emerged as the frontrunner to be football coach at Central Connecticut, according to sources who said much of Wednesday was spent discussing specifics of a potential contract.

A Central spokesman said Wednesday evening that no offer had been made. CCSU had no further comment on the search that began in November with the resignation of eight-year coach Jeff McInerney. Because Central is a public institution, any job offer must go through the state.

Rossomando has been coach at New Haven (http://www.courant.com/topic/us/connecticut/new-haven-county/new-haven-%28new-haven-connecticut%29-PLGEO100100205150000.topic) the past five seasons and turned the Chargers into a Division II power. He has a career record of 42-13 and led New Haven to three consecutive Northeast-10 Conference titles in 2010-12. http://www.courant.com/sports/college/hc-central-football-0116-20140115,0,7865399.story

superman7515
January 18th, 2014, 09:47 AM
FootballScoop.com

Central Connecticut State: Sources tell us that New Haven head coach Pete Rossomando has agreed to become the next head coach at CCSU.

Dane96
January 18th, 2014, 01:44 PM
Great hire!!!!

aceinthehole
January 18th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Great hire!!!!

Agreed! I think we hit a home run here.

From the Staten Island Advance (Nov. 2011)

More than 60 high school coaches left messages on his answering machine the first day he took office. Some players fit the mold, others didn’t.

“I pressed the coaches the most to find good people, and they did that,” he said. “The ones who weren’t good people didn’t survive.”

Good people. Players who were willing to play a system, who could stay out of trouble.

Rossomando learned to spot those types under Ford, whom he credits along with former New Haven coach and current Dolphins coach Tony Sparano with molding him into the coach he is today.

“I learned a lot about work ethic and becoming a good football coach from Sparano when I worked for him (as offensive and defensive line coach, 1994-98). He taught us how to tirelessly work to become a great football coach.

“But I learned a lot from Bob Ford about being a great person in the sport. He always said, it’s always so much more important to have good people on the other side of the threshold. It just makes it so much easier going to work every day. That’s the players. He always got great people, kids who were proud to say they were football players.

“It was one of the greatest things I’ve learned in my football career.” http://www.silive.com/colleges/index.ssf/2011/11/staten_island_coach_pete_rosso.html

Brad82
January 18th, 2014, 02:38 PM
This is great for CCSU.

Lehigh'98
January 18th, 2014, 03:01 PM
Wonder if Cecchini could've been a candidate for this job. Seems much better than Valpo.

aceinthehole
January 19th, 2014, 10:32 AM
From the Hartford Courant:
Rossomando, Central Close

Talks between Central and Peter Rossomando about a contract to make Rossomando the Blue Devils' next football coach have continued in recent days and sources say only minor details needed to be agreed upon. An announcement naming Rossomando could come Tuesday.

A Central spokesman had no comment other than to say no deal had been reached.

Rossomando, currently coach at Division II New Haven, is 42-13 in five seasons and led the Chargers to three consecutive Northeast-10 titles in 2010-12. He was the national Division II coach of the year in 2012.

aceinthehole
January 21st, 2014, 07:03 PM
Latest update from Mike Anthony of the Hartford Courant:

Central Connecticut is expected to announce Peter Rossomando as its football coach Wednesday and there is a tentative plan for a Friday morning press conference during which Rossomando will be introduced to the campus community.

Seawolf97
January 21st, 2014, 08:26 PM
Congratulations on an excellent pick !

aceinthehole
January 22nd, 2014, 02:51 PM
Central Connecticut State University Director of Athletics Paul Schlickmann has announced that Pete Rossomando is the 13th head coach of the CCSU football program. Rossomando signed a four-year agreement to lead the Blue Devils. A press conference to introduce Rossomando to the University community has been scheduled for Friday, January 24 at 11 a.m., in Founders Hall, located inside Davidson Hall on the CCSU Campus. The press conference will be streamed live for free on www.NECFrontRow.com (http://www.necfrontrow.com/).

WHAT THEY ARE SAYING ABOUT PETE ROSSOMANDO

Tony Sparano, Assistant Head Coach, Oakland Raiders
"I have mixed emotions when it comes to Pete leaving New Haven and moving on to Central Connecticut. On one hand I know my alma mater is losing a great football coach and a tremendous leader. He brought our program back from nothing and put it back in the football map. On the other hand, CCSU is getting the right person to lead its football program back to the top of the Northeast Conference. I'm happy for Pete and his family and for the fans and players at CCSU. The Blue Devils will be primed for success with Pete leading the way."

Bob Ford, Former Head Coach, University at Albany
"Congratulations to Central Connecticut on hiring an outstanding football coach. Pete brings a lot of things to the table that are going to help the Blue Devils be successful. He is a great recruiter, has a tremendous work ethic and is a proven commodity in the coaching community. Pete has been a position coach, a coordinator and a head coach and has been successful in everything he has gotten himself into. I think the world of Pete and know this a tremendous hire for CCSU."

Chris Palmer, Former NFL Head Coach/Coordinator
"Pete Rossomando is an outstanding football coach and is a proven winner. He'll do an outstanding job at Central Connecticut. He knows the state and its high school coaches and I know the players will enjoy playing for him. CCSU is getting a good man."

Steven H. Kaplan, President, University of New Haven
"Pete has done an exceptional job leading our football program since his return to the University in 2007. He brought Charger football back and spearheaded a transformation that made New Haven one of the most successful football programs in Division II over the last five seasons."

http://www.ccsubluedevils.com/sports/fball/2013-14/releases/20140122dt9kc8

Dane96
January 22nd, 2014, 03:24 PM
Congrats, and good luck. With some resources, Pete has an opportunity to make CCSU a very dangerous matchup in every OOC game. He will have CCSU at the top of the NEC every year. Well done.

Bogus Megapardus
January 22nd, 2014, 03:55 PM
Rossomando seems like the right guy at the right time. Congratulations and good luck.

danefan
January 23rd, 2014, 10:24 AM
Great hire for CCSU. He'll do wonders there.....especially because you'll have a full staff of Bob Ford disciples.

aceinthehole
January 25th, 2014, 08:21 AM
Press conference was held on Friday - you can watch it, along with interviews with the coach and AD. Nice shout out to Bob Ford.

Also, leading candidates:
Defensive coordinator- Daryl Daleen, who held that role under Rossommando at New Haven
Offensive coordinator - Chris Pincince, who has served as offensive coordinator at Elon, Rhode Island and Holy Cross

Central Connecticut State University Director of Athletics Paul Schlickmann has announced that Pete Rossomando is the 13th head coach of the CCSU football program. Rossomando signed a four-year agreement to lead the Blue Devils.

"I am thrilled to announce the appointment of Pete Rossomando as the next head coach of Blue Devil Football," Schlickmann said on Wednesday. "He emerged from a very deep and competitive pool of candidates by virtue of his exceptional success as a head coach, the clarity and substance of his plan, his reputation as a man of character and ultimately his passion for the job. His football pedigree is widely respected, and he has honored and validated that pedigree with his coaching record." http://www.ccsubluedevils.com/sports/fball/2013-14/releases/20140122dt9kc8

Brad82
January 25th, 2014, 12:21 PM
Pincince is terrible.
Afraid to call plays. Flat out helped bury URI and Elon. Would not surprise me if his record at HC was not that good.

RichH2
January 25th, 2014, 12:57 PM
Congrats , a great hire.