PDA

View Full Version : Gateway Game of the Week: Northern Iowa @ Youngstown State

FlyYtown
October 14th, 2006, 11:32 PM
This game will be absolutely Huge Saturday!
[Top 15] UNI: 4-2 [2-0 GFC]
[Top 5] YSU: 6-1 [3-0 GFC]

Stadium: Stambaugh Stadium
Weather: PRELIMINARY: Saturday: A chance of snow or rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49. Chance of precipitation is 30%. can you say ice castle?

Streaks On Hand:
YSU has won 11 in a row at Stambaugh over the last 3 seasons, the last loss came against; you guessed it right: UNI on a last second FG 22-20 in 2004.

YSU Has won 12 in a row when a running back has at least 100 yards.

Stats of the Week to throw around:
YSU is averaging 44.5 points per game at home this year,
YSU is averaging 36 points per game this year [Home and Away]
YSU is averaging 38 points per game over the 11 in a row.

UNI IS 5-0 vs. Heacock.

This is the Gateway Game of the Week!
GOING TO BE HUGE!

Predictions and Talk Begins Today!

Johnny5
October 15th, 2006, 12:44 AM
This game may be the I-AA game of the year. While UNI started out slowly, as they always do they definately have the ball rolling. They also seem to have YSU's number for a very long time now, however, I think this year on Homecoming YSU wins the close one.

BearsCountry
October 15th, 2006, 02:09 AM
Dude come on - the classic Missouri State-Indiana State game is this weekend. That will be the Gateway game of the week. xlolx

FlyYtown
October 15th, 2006, 09:53 AM
This game may be the I-AA game of the year. While UNI started out slowly, as they always do they definately have the ball rolling. They also seem to have YSU's number for a very long time now, however, I think this year on Homecoming YSU wins the close one.
I couldn't agree more myself. This game is absolutely huge... YSU needs to show how strong they are and pack the ICE CASTLE! Game of the Year? Not really, but I think this could be thrown out as the Gateway Game of the Year....

http://ysufootball.wordpress.com/files/2006/10/ysu_uniad.jpg

Daved
October 15th, 2006, 11:50 AM
I don't think the crowd will affect UNI in this one as they played in front of 3times as many hostile fans but I'm sure it will affect YSU. UNI had a better team last year than they do this year while YSU's team is better than our last years team-this coupled with the homecoming crowd should put an end to UNI's long streak against us.

PantherRob82
October 15th, 2006, 11:57 AM
I don't think the crowd will affect UNI in this one as they played in front of 3times as many hostile fans but I'm sure it willaffect YSU.UNI had a slightly better team last year and YSU has a better team than last year so coupled with the homecoming crowd this year should mark the end of the streak for UNI.

So you guys didn't have a crowd in 2004 to help your team? Last time we were in Youngstown our team wasn't too good. We finished 7-4.

I hope your team buys that we're not as good as last year, too. :rolleyes:

Looking forward to a long wet/cold day at the Ice Castle.

FlyYtown
October 15th, 2006, 01:07 PM
So you guys didn't have a crowd in 2004 to help your team? Last time we were in Youngstown our team wasn't too good. We finished 7-4.

2004 Attendance: Attendance: 15937

Not the most vocal of sorts... We want 18,000-19,000 for this game. Its that big!!! Go PENGUINS...

OSUPenguin
October 15th, 2006, 01:12 PM
I really wish I could be there, but I already have my tickets for Indiana vs. Ohio State.xcoffeex

FlyYtown
October 15th, 2006, 01:14 PM
I really wish I could be there, but I already have my tickets for Indiana vs. Ohio State.xcoffeex

My man, do you want to see a real game or a blowout? Those tickets are worthless, Indiana is not that good, despite the Iowa upset.

Sell those on EBAY and come to the YSU game.. We need a full house!

FlyYtown
October 15th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Wanted to add this. A poll on ysusports.com; the Official Website, asks what Gateway Game for YSU are you most excited for.

Results: http://www.ysusports.com/flash_poll/flash_poll.swf

UNI is #1, SIU #2..... Big Games Down the stretch here.

bcrawf
October 15th, 2006, 01:58 PM
UNI has more talent than they did last year and Sanders is a year older. Also, UNI hasn't had to be too creative offensively the past two weeks, beating Missouri State and God-Awful Indiana State. And, this year is starting to feel like last year in Cedar Falls. Youngstown is an amazing team and the Gateway is for real. Youngstown is one of FOUR Gateway teams that deserves a bid, but it will be an at-large. UNI wins in front of a huge crowd.

UNI 31
YSU 27

shakdaddy3
October 15th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Wanted to add this. A poll on ysusports.com; the Official Website, asks what Gateway Game for YSU are you most excited for.

Results: http://www.ysusports.com/flash_poll/flash_poll.swf

UNI is #1, SIU #2..... Big Games Down the stretch here.

not ISU huh? guess ur fans may be scared:rotateh:

prolly not.. just yanking your chain... UNI-YSU is gonna be a heck of a game... YSU wins and ISU wins, gotta think YSU @ ISU is a game of the year cadidate... 1 week at a time though.. good luck to both teams... no prediction yet from this guy!

GoGuins
October 15th, 2006, 07:04 PM

I too unfortunately won't be there, already have Michigan-Iowa tickets. I'll have to TIVO it and watch it when I get home

GoGuins
October 15th, 2006, 07:05 PM
not ISU huh? guess ur fans may be scared:rotateh:

prolly not.. just yanking your chain... UNI-YSU is gonna be a heck of a game... YSU wins and ISU wins, gotta think YSU @ ISU is a game of the year cadidate... 1 week at a time though.. good luck to both teams... no prediction yet from this guy!

I think the poll is what GFC HOME game are you most excited about

shakdaddy3
October 15th, 2006, 07:19 PM
then why do they list each team and why has ISU been voted for... unless some of your fans don't know which games are home and away :eyebrow:

Neckfansince71
October 15th, 2006, 07:21 PM
:bow: Sat through the YSU WIU game in person. Penguins played with emotion, and made 3 big plays, one on defense, 2 on offense. Necks could not sustain any emotion! Talent wise we are just as good. Just not consistant enough to win against good teams. The game was not as close as the score. It was over after the fumble and 95 yard score. But I sure hope you don't have to throw much cause your qb threw it behind your receivers consistantly and that is not good. Passes in the flats and the inside screens worked very well. Have no idea why we played so far off, especially on that one touchdown. Neck defense never really acted like it was desperate until the end. Fumble early had us chasing the entire 1st half until the tie. We were still chasing after the 75 yard scamper. Would have been tied without the fumble but Guins made the play that won the game! Good teams make the plays that turn things around or change the momentum. Nice job. You should feel good about your chances along as you don't have to throw long.

jc:thumbsup:

FlyYtown
October 15th, 2006, 07:29 PM

Nope: For which Gateway game are you most excited?

UNI and SIU are at home which make it more exciting since we can be there to witness the game. Don't get me wrong, I think ISU is going to be the Game of the Year... A Game we LOSE.

blukeys
October 15th, 2006, 07:31 PM
My man, do you want to see a real game or a blowout? Those tickets are worthless, Indiana is not that good, despite the Iowa upset.

Sell those on EBAY and come to the YSU game.. We need a full house!

It seems I finally agree with FlyYtown on something. What is it with YSU fans not supporting Youngstown in the biggest Gateway game of the season?????

I truly don't get this.xidiotx xidiotx xidiotx

Best of luck to both the Panthers and Penguins. I will be able to listen (or watch if there is a video link) as Delaware plays Richmond at night.

BillLuc1982
October 15th, 2006, 07:36 PM
This game will be absolutely Huge Saturday!
[Top 15] UNI: 4-2 [2-0 GFC]
[Top 5] YSU: 6-1 [3-0 GFC]

Stadium: Stambaugh Stadium
Weather: PRELIMINARY: Saturday: A chance of snow or rain showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 49. Chance of precipitation is 30%. can you say ice castle?

Streaks On Hand:
YSU has won 11 in a row at Stambaugh over the last 3 seasons, the last loss came against; you guessed it right: UNI on a last second FG 22-20 in 2004.

YSU Has won 12 in a row when a running back has at least 100 yards.

Stats of the Week to throw around:
YSU is averaging 44.5 points per game at home this year,
YSU is averaging 36 points per game this year [Home and Away]
YSU is averaging 38 points per game over the 11 in a row.

UNI IS 5-0 vs. Heacock.

This is the Gateway Game of the Week!
GOING TO BE HUGE!

Predictions and Talk Begins Today!

UNI is 5-0 rightfully so vs. Heacock. His offensive coordinator was John Klacik until 2004. Klacik did not know how to call plays and ran up the middle when the other team had 10 men in the box. You will have trouble against Indiana State if you do that. Last year, YSU played the national champions to be in the UNI Dome. YSU really is hungry to beat UNI, and a rivalry has developed. Best of luck to both teams! Wish I could be there :(

igo4uni
October 15th, 2006, 07:36 PM
should be a good game!!!

I'll be watching on tv. :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

TheGateway
October 15th, 2006, 07:39 PM
:hurray:
Dude come on - the classic Missouri State-Indiana State game is this weekend. That will be the Gateway game of the week. xlolx

FlyYtown
October 15th, 2006, 07:41 PM
It seems I finally agree with FlyYtown on something. What is it with YSU fans not supporting Youngstown in the biggest Gateway game of the season?????

Best of luck to both the Panthers and Penguins. I will be able to listen (or watch if there is a video link) as Delaware plays Richmond at night.

ILSU is really really good... If anyone beats us, its them. We are vulnerable on the road, we've been very slow to start already against MSU and WIU on the road, we can't do that anymore.

We have the ability to beat ILSU and the talent, but we need to play 4 quarters of football... Hell if YSU plays the way they SHOULD vs. UNI; I may switch my prediction...

But right now, this is the game of the season for us, a game we MUST WIN!

BillLuc1982
October 15th, 2006, 07:48 PM
ILSU is really really good... If anyone beats us, its them. We are vulnerable on the road, we've been very slow to start already against MSU and WIU on the road, we can't do that anymore.

We have the ability to beat ILSU and the talent, but we need to play 4 quarters of football... Hell if YSU plays the way they SHOULD vs. UNI; I may switch my prediction...

But right now, this is the game of the season for us, a game we MUST WIN!

Yes, looking ahead can be very costly! Remember YSU-SIU 2000 at the Ice Castle. Up 20-0 (should have been 21 but someone missed the PAT). Then we made stupid mistakes. This week is the only week YSU should focus on. We need a win against UNI badly! Who knows? Maybe a blowout? Nobody thought a blowout would happen against WKU last year; heck, some thought the odds of beating WKU were remote. Heacock got his first win against WKU last year; I think he'll get his first win against UNI this year. There's a first time for everything.

BDK@YSU
October 15th, 2006, 07:48 PM

Our team wasn't very good in 2004 either at 4-7, 2-5 in the Gateway. Anyhow, it's clear that our teams aren't those teams.

I don't see any rain in the forecast for Saturday night, but it will be Cold, with a capital C. And the wind? There will be wind, I will assure you of this. I bet it will blow harder than that IU @ OSU game.

FlyYtown
October 15th, 2006, 08:01 PM
You are right Bill. Heacock had never beaten WKU in his first 4 years, and rolled all over then 42-10.

Now the same can be said about UNI... although we should've won back in 2004..... i digress.....

A huge crowd is expected, and if we get that huge crowd, they will even have the game on LIVE TV here, despite it being on tape delay at 10:30 at night on Fox 17/62.

Bottom Line is this: This is the best YSU Team in a long time.... They have the ability of being up there with the best YSU teams if they execute. If YSU can execute like they have all season long at home.. This will not be that close.

One last stat to throw around, YSU Has scored at least 34 points in every game, except the Penn State game.... So.... UNI Fans, you will need to pop that much on our defense, and that is all you got vs. a bad INSU defense.

Lol just trying to get more discussions going.. This is going to be one hell of a game!!!

crunifan
October 15th, 2006, 08:58 PM
I believe if UNI wins this game, we will make the playoffs. If we lose it, I don't think we will make them.

Our defense has been improving each game, our offense is good. We have everything it takes to compete and win this game. It's just a matter of which team comes out with more energy and drive.

Champs
October 15th, 2006, 09:29 PM
YSU 31
UNI 21

18,000 + attendance

Paladin1aa
October 15th, 2006, 09:32 PM
I'll say YSU 31 UNI 17. Game is close for the first half.

Reed Rothchild
October 15th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Heacock had never beaten WKU in his first 4 years, and rolled all over then 42-10.

Now the same can be said about UNI... although we should've won back in 2004..... i digress.....

WKU has clearly taken a step back over the last 2 years. UNI has not. They have figured out the defensive problems and Farley always makes sure they are ready for Youngstown.

As far as 2004, shoulda...coulda...woulda. Whatever. In the end, UNI won it and Farley has NEVER lost to YSU. Plus, we have Eric Sanders.:nod:

OSUPenguin
October 15th, 2006, 10:12 PM

Believe me, if I was in Youngstown, I would be there, no questions asked. However, I'm in Columbus attending Ohio State, so it's about a 2.5 hour drive back to Youngstown and I already bought my Indiana/Ohio State tickets. But we'll see what unfolds this week.

Daved
October 15th, 2006, 11:11 PM
Well in 2004 we didn't have a good team(4-7) and we were heavy underdogs against UNI. I think (not sure)the game ended when UNI missed a last second field goal and YSU was up 20-19.However YSU got penalized and UNI got another try and won 22-20.Had this been at the UNIdome I think we wouldv'e got killed.Don't worry UNI will meet their "Waterloo" on Saturday-and I don't mean the "Waterloo" that Robert Lee Panther resides in.

PantherMan
October 16th, 2006, 12:15 AM
UNI will win this game by double digits with a healthy C. Lewis. That is my only prediction heading into this game. YSU won't end the streak against UNI this season.xcoffeex

crunifan
October 16th, 2006, 12:17 AM
Yeah, having Cory Lewis back will definitely help our offense. How many yards does he average per run...like almost 13?

I'm not going to make a prediction, but I will say...I think it will be close, but I think the home field advantage tips it just enough to give Youngstown a close win. I am praying for the opposite, but I gotta go with my head on this one.

FlyYtown
October 16th, 2006, 05:38 AM
My early prediction is this much. YSU will score 42 points...... Right on track with the 44.5 point average at home....

Attendance will be really big and that will add a 12th man to the place in the chilly NEOHIO Air......

I will predict some more here very soon, but of course; the Guins win big!!! Just like we did last year, Heacock was 0-4 vs. WKU and we blew them out 42-10.... This game won't be a blowout, but we will win.

REED:
WKU has clearly taken a step back over the last 2 years. UNI has not. They have figured out the defensive problems and Farley always makes sure they are ready for Youngstown.

WKU Came into Youngstown at #12... Very Similar to what UNI Will be coming into Youngstown this year.

PantherMan
October 16th, 2006, 08:14 AM
My early prediction is this much. YSU will score 42 points...... Right on track with the 44.5 point average at home....

Attendance will be really big and that will add a 12th man to the place in the chilly NEOHIO Air......

I will predict some more here very soon, but of course; the Guins win big!!! Just like we did last year, Heacock was 0-4 vs. WKU and we blew them out 42-10.... This game won't be a blowout, but we will win.

REED:

WKU Came into Youngstown at #12... Very Similar to what UNI Will be coming into Youngstown this year.

Fly, it's cute and all how you are making the UNI-WKU comparisons. But WKU was actually a pretty average/bad team last year. They were overranked for a good part of the season. UNI isn't...:twocents:

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Well in 2004 we didn't have a good team(4-7) and we were heavy underdogs against UNI. I think (not sure)the game ended when UNI missed a last second field goal and YSU was up 20-19.However YSU got penalized and UNI got another try and won 22-20.Had this been at the UNIdome I think we wouldv'e got killed.Don't worry UNI will meet their "Waterloo" on Saturday-and I don't mean the "Waterloo" that Robert Lee Panther resides in.

Wow, that was a great 7th post. I'm not even making predicitions on the game. I'm just trying to explain to you guys that you may be underestimating this team by just a bit. I'm not saying we'll win. I'm making the trip because I've always wanted to visit the Ice Castle and I think we've got a shot in this huge game. :hurray:

Cap'n Cat
October 16th, 2006, 09:48 AM
UNI brushes aside YSU in a business-like manner, starts six-in-a-row drive for the auto bid. Huge hype for Youngstown in this one, just another game for UNI.

Northern Iowa 26
YSU 17

Cap'n Cat has a case of Leinenkugel versus a case of Yuengling on this one with some of the guys on the Pen site.

Good luck to both, would like to see them finish 1 and 2 in GFC.

GrizzlyEdd
October 16th, 2006, 10:08 AM
I would love to be at this game. This is going to be a war.... Damn, the problem is, who the ehll do I root for????:p:D

Cap'n Cat
October 16th, 2006, 10:10 AM
I would love to be at this game. This is going to be a war.... Damn, the problem is, who the ehll do I root for????:p:D

Northern Iowa, of course.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

:p :p

GrizzlyEdd
October 16th, 2006, 10:13 AM
Northern Iowa, of course.

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Hey Cap'n... only if you root for the Griz against Cal Poly.....:nod:

Reed Rothchild
October 16th, 2006, 10:19 AM
Cap'n Cat has a case of Leinenkugel versus a case of Yuengling on this one with some of the guys on the Pen site.

Uh, they let you back in there?

Cap'n Cat
October 16th, 2006, 10:51 AM

Deal.

Cap'n Cat
October 16th, 2006, 10:52 AM
Uh, they let you back in there?

I-AA Fan banned me from GatewayConnection, but not ysupenguins. Don't know why. Love him and the Pen people, anyway.

xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx xsmileyclapx :nod: :nod:

:nod: :bow: :bow: :bow:

:bow: :bow:

BillLuc1982
October 16th, 2006, 11:08 AM
Hey Cat, will you be making it to the game? I would, but my parents are visiting me in DC for the weekend. They took some vacation off and are also going to Rehoboth Beach, DE on Thursday. I'm glad I saw the games against UC Davis and Indiana State anyhow. Seeing two I-AA games is certainly better than seeing none!

Toppermaniac
October 16th, 2006, 11:18 AM
Fly, it's cute and all how you are making the UNI-WKU comparisons. But WKU was actually a pretty average/bad team last year. They were overranked for a good part of the season. UNI isn't...:twocents:

Whoa, whoa!!! A bad team last year? Well, let's see. We were the # 1 ranked team in the country on two different occasions last year. We took a nose dive at the end of the season, but we also suffered a tremendous number of injuries too. We were overrated as the # 1 team, but calling us bad last year is a bit ridiculous.

Toppermaniac
October 16th, 2006, 11:19 AM
By the way, we had UNI beat last year, but missed a chip shot field goal (like last week against Ill. St. :().

BillLuc1982
October 16th, 2006, 11:26 AM

At least yall have good taste in beer. No fizzy yellow stuff for me. I prefer a Great Lakes beer (Dortmunder Gold, Edmund Fitzgerald, Christmas Ale, or Oktoberfest) over any of that mass-produced garbage. American beer is good, but only if it's microbrewed!

Cap'n Cat
October 16th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Hey Cat, will you be making it to the game? I would, but my parents are visiting me in DC for the weekend. They took some vacation off and are also going to Rehoboth Beach, DE on Thursday. I'm glad I saw the games against UC Davis and Indiana State anyhow. Seeing two I-AA games is certainly better than seeing none!

I'm in Statesboro for ASU at GSU this weekend.

Mountain Panther
October 16th, 2006, 12:30 PM
By the way, we had UNI beat last year, but missed a chip shot field goal (like last week against Ill. St. :().

Ah, woulda-coulda-shoulda. You've had your share of beatin' up the cats. :smiley_wi

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2006, 02:33 PM
Whoa, whoa!!! A bad team last year? Well, let's see. We were the # 1 ranked team in the country on two different occasions last year. We took a nose dive at the end of the season, but we also suffered a tremendous number of injuries too. We were overrated as the # 1 team, but calling us bad last year is a bit ridiculous.

Weren't they talking about the year after you won the NC? :confused:

BillLuc1982
October 16th, 2006, 03:08 PM
I'm in Statesboro for ASU at GSU this weekend.

Why the ASU-GSU game and not the YSU-UNI game? I thought you're a diehard Northern Iowa fan!

penguinonastick
October 16th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Going to be a great game at Stambaugh Stadium this Saturday - no doubt about it!!! The big question will be if Zetts can handle the pressure. I get worried when he gets flushed out of the pocket and throws balls without setting his feet. We need to get Irazary involved much more than any other game so far. I really don't know why he isn't - unless they are saving him for these next 4 games :confused: Defensively we need to play the bend don't break philosophy that got us so far in years past. Give them all they want in between the 20's and tighten it up.

It is Monday at work and all I can think about is this game - 4 more days of this crap!!! I don't know if I can make it that long:bang:

GO GUINS
GO BUCKS

FlyYtown
October 16th, 2006, 04:31 PM
Want to throw this out to those UNI fans coming in Friday.... I highly recommend you guys go down to Stambaugh Stadium friday night @ 7:30pm for the biggest High School Rivalry in Youngstown: Battle of the Catholic Schools: Ytown MOONEY [7-0 on the year...Won vs. 31 of last 36 games. 5 Time State Champions] vs. Ytown URSULINE [4-4 on the year...Great Talent].

This game always gets a very big crowd and I think you guys would be entertained to see it....See why we talk the talk about Ohio HS Football being some of the best in the nation..

GO PENGUINS
WEATHER UPDATE: 53 and Partly Cloudy on Saturday... No Rain for NOW.

Cap'n Cat
October 16th, 2006, 04:57 PM
Why the ASU-GSU game and not the YSU-UNI game? I thought you're a diehard Northern Iowa fan!

Of course I am, Bill, but I made these arrangements in May or June. The guys at GSU recommended this one last fall when I was there. I will be calling HLecter (Pen fan from ysupenguins.com) throughout the game.

:) :) :)

Toppermaniac
October 16th, 2006, 05:23 PM
Weren't they talking about the year after you won the NC? :confused:

No they were talking about last year. We made the playoffs the year after the NC and the year after that as well.

ISUMatt
October 16th, 2006, 05:46 PM
When in doubt, pick the home team...Ill take YSU by a FG

birdsflyhigh
October 16th, 2006, 05:56 PM
Going with the Penguins protecting their turf (something YSU has been tremendous at doing).

YSU Penguins 38
UNI Panthers 27

FlyYtown
October 16th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Is it just me, or does YSU and ILSU's scoreboards look pretty much identical?

http://ysupenguins.net/YSU%20vs%20Western%20Kentucky/images/100_0931.jpg

shakdaddy3
October 16th, 2006, 06:34 PM

except you guys have an awesome jumbo-tron where as we have a banner deally over our broke a$$ message board [yes, that Giant Redbird head is a big ole banner] xlolx :bow:

and our win vs. SIU is more impressive :thumbsup:

as for the UNI @ YSU game... i'm having a really hard time deciding whom i think will win. YSU and that home field is pretty amazing, BUT UNI kind of has their back to the walls considering a loss here and they have 3 which means the glimmer of playoff hope is begining to fade (not saying they still couldn't make it, but a loss reallllllllly hurts them)...

to me, this one comes down to coaching... and an 0-5 record against UNI does no bode well for Heacock.. BUT Heacock gets the boyz ready to play and gets the UNI Panther-monkey off his back!

YSU wins a very close game on a HAIL MARY [that would be pretty awesome so i'll guess for it!]... :eek:

best of luck to both teams

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2006, 06:49 PM
I'm looking forward to a good game. Curious how we will be treated at the wonderful Stambauh Stadium. Hopefully it won't be as bad as the "hospitality" shown to us be some A-10 and SoCon fans last year. :D

shakdaddy3
October 16th, 2006, 07:10 PM
I'm looking forward to a good game. Curious how we will be treated at the wonderful Stambauh Stadium. Hopefully it won't be as bad as the "hospitality" shown to us be some A-10 and SoCon fans last year. :D

hopefully they don't give YSU fans "projectiles" like they did the ISU fans for the SIU @ ISU game xlolx

Daved
October 16th, 2006, 08:18 PM
You definitely have a shot at this game-any team thats beaten us 6 times in a row whether our teams be good or bad certainly has a great shot of winning this game.Weather forecast is for no rain and low 60s.I'm sure that YSU's football team is not underestimating UNI at all-they learned the hard way that you can't leave your destiny in the hands of a NCAA committee.a fierce battle is a given in this game and I'm sure you will agree that the Ice Castle is a great atmosphere in 1-AA football.Always glad to see dedicated fans coming here and I hope you enjoy everything but the games outcome.

Reed Rothchild
October 16th, 2006, 08:53 PM

Except for all those NC titles!!!

FlyYtown
October 16th, 2006, 08:54 PM

Well I can assure you; you will be treated with a lot of respect and go to any tailgate, and I can bet you will be invited in. YTOWN fans are very hospitable and you won't hear the trash talk.

Of course you will have to live with 18,000 fans from the other team for about 3 hours in the stadium where the home team hasn't lost in 11 games!

I can't wait!!! It is going to be great.... GO PENGUINS

Reed Rothchild
October 16th, 2006, 08:54 PM

I've heard the YSU fans are pretty good people. :nod:

JustToyin
October 16th, 2006, 09:02 PM
PantherRob -

The visitors seats are on the small side of the stadium - not too far from the student section. I'm sure you may get some heckles here and there while in the stadium, but I think you will find the tailgate lots extremely hospitable.

You (and any other UNI fans) are more than welcome to come join our tailgate in the upper lot between McDonalds and Taco Bell. We will be set-up in the center of the lot where you will see a row of small trees. Look for a tall flagpole with two flags (YSU and either the US of Ohio St flag).

We should be there as soon as the lot opens (I think that is 10 a..m.). Be sure to come hungry. If you need any other info (travel, lodging, directions, etc.), just let me know.

Have a safe trip and I'm sure it will be one heck of a game!!!:hurray:

FlyYtown
October 16th, 2006, 09:03 PM
I've heard the YSU fans are pretty good people. :nod: You are correct there.
Just ask:
http://ysupenguins.net/YSU%20vs%20Maine%202006/images/100_0310.jpg

I still talk with Hampton, NC A&T, Northeastern, and UC-Davis fans I've met at Stambaugh over the years.

No offense to the SOCON.... But the one time I was at GSU and at the 99 Title Game vs. GSU; people threw stuff at me and were telling me to go back to the ****land called Youngstown........ I guess it happened to a few of you too.

ISUMatt
October 16th, 2006, 10:02 PM
GSU fans didnt treat the ILS fans very well in the Semis either

OSUPenguin
October 16th, 2006, 10:05 PM
No offense to the SOCON.... But the one time I was at GSU and at the 99 Title Game vs. GSU; people threw stuff at me and were telling me to go back to the ****land called Youngstown........ I guess it happened to a few of you too.
My parents were also at that '99 Title Game vs. GSU and said the exact same thing FlyYtown.

shakdaddy3
October 16th, 2006, 10:14 PM
that's too bad... heckling is fun as long as it doesn't get too vulgar (won't somebody please think of the children) and should be expected... but unwaranted throwing of food and drinks is just wrong...

ISUMatt
October 16th, 2006, 10:15 PM
but throwing money is ALWAYS acceptable!

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2006, 11:26 PM
hopefully they don't give YSU fans "projectiles" like they did the ISU fans for the SIU @ ISU game xlolx

I agree. xlolx

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2006, 11:27 PM
Well I can assure you; you will be treated with a lot of respect and go to any tailgate, and I can bet you will be invited in. YTOWN fans are very hospitable and you won't hear the trash talk.

Of course you will have to live with 18,000 fans from the other team for about 3 hours in the stadium where the home team hasn't lost in 11 games!

I can't wait!!! It is going to be great.... GO PENGUINS

I know all 18,000 won't be perfect, but hoping to be treated well. I try to make a point to talk to visiting fans when they make the trip to the Dome. North Dakota's fans and players were great, even after beating us. : smh :

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2006, 11:29 PM
PantherRob -

The visitors seats are on the small side of the stadium - not too far from the student section. I'm sure you may get some heckles here and there while in the stadium, but I think you will find the tailgate lots extremely hospitable.

You (and any other UNI fans) are more than welcome to come join our tailgate in the upper lot between McDonalds and Taco Bell. We will be set-up in the center of the lot where you will see a row of small trees. Look for a tall flagpole with two flags (YSU and either the US of Ohio St flag).

We should be there as soon as the lot opens (I think that is 10 a..m.). Be sure to come hungry. If you need any other info (travel, lodging, directions, etc.), just let me know.

Have a safe trip and I'm sure it will be one heck of a game!!!:hurray:

Sounds good, if we arrive early enough we will try to stop by. We're staying near Toledo Friday and Saturday night. Trying to make a quick trip out of the long drive.

PantherRob82
October 16th, 2006, 11:29 PM
You are correct there.
Just ask:
http://ysupenguins.net/YSU%20vs%20Maine%202006/images/100_0310.jpg

How long has there been a Mrs. Penguin?

Johnny5
October 17th, 2006, 02:04 AM

It's always been like that around here. We have some of the most apathetic fans, however, until recently YSU hasn't given the much to cheer for (last couple of years). I remember when I first started going to school there...the stadium was absolutely nuts, now people barely leave the tailgate lots if there is an OSU game on. TIVO it people especially when this game is HUGE and the onyl OSU game that matters from here on is the Michigan game.

Johnny5
October 17th, 2006, 02:11 AM

I'd root for anyone over CalPoly, I personally think they are very over-rated:twocents:

FlyYtown
October 17th, 2006, 05:40 AM
I don't care who wins Cal-Poly-Montana, I just know if YSU wins we move up 1 more spot in the polls lol.

RabidRabbit
October 17th, 2006, 08:03 AM
Getting UNI out of their dome, $10.

18,000 Screaming 'Guin fans for homecoming, out for Panther pelts, $85

Lousy, icy, rain, snow, slush. Priceless.

YSU 35, UNI 31

:smiley_wi

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2006, 09:35 AM
Getting UNI out of their dome, $10.

18,000 Screaming 'Guin fans for homecoming, out for Panther pelts, $85

Lousy, icy, rain, snow, slush. Priceless.

YSU 35, UNI 31

:smiley_wi

last forecast I heard has 50-60s and nice.

...and regardless...that was kind of New Hampshire's plan for us too. We can't handle the cold, just ask em. :thumbsup:

nmatsen
October 17th, 2006, 10:02 AM
I remember playing at Youngstown in 2002, it was cold that day too. Actually we went 5-6 that year, the worst year in recent UNI history. Oh well, we still had no problem taking care of Youngstown on their homecoming that year either. I think at the time they were in the top 25, their season kind of spiraled after that. Do you think their season will spiral out of control this year after we beat them?

BillLuc1982
October 17th, 2006, 10:08 AM
I remember playing at Youngstown in 2002, it was cold that day too. Actually we went 5-6 that year, the worst year in recent UNI history. Oh well, we still had no problem taking care of Youngstown on their homecoming that year either. I think at the time they were in the top 25, their season kind of spiraled after that. Do you think their season will spiral out of control this year after we beat them?

In 2002, YSU was really weak. My mother could have coordinated an offense better than Coach Klacik! Heck, they barely beat D-2 Clarion that year (YSU has NEVER lost to a D-2 school). Now that Klacik left YSU to take a head coaching job at a D-2 school (which sucks), YSU has opened up its offensive attack. This will be the first year for UNI to visit YSU with Coach Wright as the O-coordinator. Just letting you know, it's 2006 now!

FlyYtown
October 17th, 2006, 03:33 PM
YSU Hasn't been shut down at home since they 2004, when all they got was a safety vs. SIU I believe.

YSU has not been stopped and will not be stopped at home until either Mason or Zetts gets hurt... They just click at home... Just ask UC-Davis.

YSU will win 42-27; not a blowout, just a reflection of the way each season will go..

GO GUINS!

PantherRob82
October 17th, 2006, 06:41 PM
YSU may have the most confident fans in I-AA. We'll see if they're overconfident come Saturday.

FlyYtown
October 17th, 2006, 06:44 PM
YSU may have the most confident fans in I-AA. We'll see if they're overconfident come Saturday.

Ask me that same question next week when we play, who I think is #1... I can't help it your schedule is weak and you aren't beating teams that good..

In all honesty, you will probably need 34 to beat us, and that is all you could get on INSU???? A team we had 55 on????

YSU players even said they've had this game on their calendar for sometime now and want to deliver a big win in front of a big crowd for Jon Heacock..... we shall see in 4 days!

Daved
October 17th, 2006, 07:01 PM
Yeah in a few days the only streaks left for UNI will be those on Crap'n Cats panties!

redbirdtim
October 17th, 2006, 08:59 PM
I'll take the tuxedo birds in this one. My guess is somewhere in the vacinity of...31-28. I would love to see it go 7-8 overtimes though. Get YSU nice and extra warmed up when they come here. I'll be in the "friendly" confines of Macomb for the 'Birds game, but I will be closely keeping tabs on this game.

FlyYtown
October 17th, 2006, 09:34 PM
The voice of YSU Football, on his tv talkshow... just said: This is the biggest game for Jon Heacock and the biggest game in the history of Stambaugh since the Florida A&M win in 99 to send YSU to the title....

This game will say a lot about the state of YSU Football and its fans...We need a win and a big crowd... which I think we will get!

BillLuc1982
October 18th, 2006, 07:35 AM
Also gotta remember that Youngstown State has been grabbing a lot of I-A transfers. Such transfers include Marcus Mason, Vince Gliatta, Miles Williams, and Louis Irizarry. This year's team is much better than the 2004 team.

bcrawf
October 18th, 2006, 09:27 AM
In all honesty, you will probably need 34 to beat us, and that is all you could get on INSU???? A team we had 55 on????

We didn't feel the need to run it up on poor ISU. We only attempted 2 passes in the fourth quarter and only one by Sanders.

We tend not to need to prove our manhood by rolling it up on horrible teams!! It's called Class!!

PantherRob82
October 18th, 2006, 09:33 AM
Also gotta remember that Youngstown State has been grabbing a lot of I-A transfers. Such transfers include Marcus Mason, Vince Gliatta, Miles Williams, and Louis Irizarry. This year's team is much better than the 2004 team.
Blah blah blah...everyone has I-A transfers. We have a RB, WR, and a couple OL. :rolleyes:

PantherRob82
October 18th, 2006, 09:34 AM
Ask me that same question next week when we play, who I think is #1... I can't help it your schedule is weak and you aren't beating teams that good..

YSU players even said they've had this game on their calendar for sometime now and want to deliver a big win in front of a big crowd for Jon Heacock..... we shall see in 4 days!

What don't you get? I said you guys were very confident and we'd see whether or not you have a right to be come Saturday. You guys all need to read posts, because your responses aren't real intelligent.

shakdaddy3
October 18th, 2006, 09:35 AM
this isn't related to the game, but i just heard that there are no reserved tickets left for the YSU @ ILSU game next weekend! it's family day and the crowd could be even bigger than it was for the SIU game last week... could we get to 18,000? i hope so!

a win this week by YSU and ILSU would make the matchup one of the best if not THE best I-AA regular season matchup all year...

I kind of want UNI to win, and they have a great chance, but having 2 top 5 teams in Normal would be amazing...

good luck fellas [except Cap'n :p ]

PantherRob82
October 18th, 2006, 09:39 AM
this isn't related to the game, but i just heard that there are no reserved tickets left for the YSU @ ILSU game next weekend! it's family day and the crowd could be even bigger than it was for the SIU game last week... could we get to 18,000? i hope so!

a win this week by YSU and ILSU would make the matchup one of the best if not THE best I-AA regular season matchup all year...

I kind of want UNI to win, and they have a great chance, but having 2 top 5 teams in Normal would be amazing...

good luck fellas [except Cap'n :p ]

But 2 of the Top 5 playing on Nov 18th for the GFC Championship sounds even better, doesn't it? (Well maybe you wouldn't like it quite as much in the Dome instead of Normal).

shakdaddy3
October 18th, 2006, 09:43 AM
But 2 of the Top 5 playing on Nov 18th for the GFC Championship sounds even better, doesn't it? (Well maybe you wouldn't like it quite as much in the Dome instead of Normal).
touché

however, i would rather have locked up that gateway by then, but there's still a looooooooooong ways to go...

Cap'n Cat
October 18th, 2006, 09:52 AM
touché

however, i would rather have locked up that gateway by then, but there's still a looooooooooong ways to go...

And the problem is that our YSU friends think they have this thing locked up. WTF? It's anyone's title for the next five weeks, practically. Seems that's what past glory does to a population...........

BillLuc1982
October 18th, 2006, 09:59 AM
Why doesn't the Gateway Conference switch the schedule around? In the past 5 seasons, YSU has had a bye week during the last week of the season. Also, the "tough" part of our Gateway schedule is often back to back to back. I think the game order should be switched every year, especially the bye week.

Cap'n Cat
October 18th, 2006, 10:04 AM
Why doesn't the Gateway Conference switch the schedule around? In the past 5 seasons, YSU has had a bye week during the last week of the season. Also, the "tough" part of our Gateway schedule is often back to back to back. I think the game order should be switched every year, especially the bye week.

Go tell them at the conference website, Edison.

shakdaddy3
October 18th, 2006, 10:05 AM
And the problem is that our YSU friends think they have this thing locked up. WTF? It's anyone's title for the next five weeks, practically. Seems that's what past glory does to a population...........
i agree completely with the bolded statement... there is no clear frontrunner... there are the teams that we have expected to compete for it [ILSU, UNI, YSU, and even SIU although some thought it would be a down year for them], the teams that could upset [WIU and WKU], and the basement teams [MSU and INSU]...

and one of those 4 front runners can still win it and that'll likely be the case until around the last week or two... the teams that may have the biggest effect on it could be WIU and WKU. however, for teams like YSU, ILSU, and UNI, their destiny is in their hands where as the other teams have to rely on upsets and the like.

gosh, this conference is brutal... but fun! :hurray:

BillLuc1982
October 18th, 2006, 10:10 AM
Go tell them at the conference website, Edison.

I'm glad Strollo is trying his best as an athletic director. He got rid of that "2 D2 game bull" and realized that a bad I-AA team like Liberty or Stony Brook means A LOT more than killing Slippery Rock. He's also scheduled good I-AA teams outside the Gateway like Maine and UC Davis. I'm glad those teams realized how we do it in the Gateway!

So far in 2007, no D2 games scheduled. They have an easy I-AA warmup game versus SUNY Stony Brook. That's a miracle! They play Ohio State, which is basically a money game. I wish they'd play I-A teams like Toledo, Directional Michigan, South Florida, or Northern Illinois. However, big money for the Dept. of Athletics may build a future at YSU. So at least one money game a year is better than a D2 Game!

FlyYtown
October 18th, 2006, 04:05 PM
No. 14 Northern Iowa (4-2, 2-0) at No. 5 Youngstown State (6-1, 3-0), 4:00 (http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=/cfoot2/news/AGN4045174.htm)

Youngstown State could take a cue from Illinois State about how to make a statement in a showdown game. The Redbirds thrashed Southern Illinois, 37-10, last week, to prove that they are a valid playoff and national title contender despite not making the postseason since 1999. The Penguins find themselves in the same spot here, with a chance for an impact win against a top 15 team to show they are a legitimate top playoff and national title contender and ready to break a five-year run of missing out on the playoffs. Youngstown State has already scored a few victories that prove that it’s for real, as the Penguins knocked off top 20 Maine and UC Davis teams at home earlier in the year. But a win here would put any doubts of their status to rest, since UNI is a perennial playoff contender, made a national championship appearance last year, and just happens to own the Penguins. The Panthers hold a 14-6 edge in the all-time series, which includes a victory over the Penguins in Youngstown State’s 1997 national championship season. More importantly, the Panthers have a five-game winning streak in the series and UNI head coach Mark Farley has a perfect 5-0 mark against Youngstown State head coach Jon Heacock. The biggest game in that stretch came last season, as UNI scored a 21-7 victory at home to propel its run to the playoffs and national title game and start a two-game Penguin slide that ultimately kept YSU out of the playoffs.

The Penguins are rolling and should be motivated to gain revenge in this game, but it won’t be easy. UNI has won its last two contests and looked very good since losing to Division II North Dakota earlier in the season. A strong running game has keyed the run, with the Panthers ranking fourth in the nation with nearly 250 rushing yards per contest and averaging 5.7 yards per game. They have a stable of backs that have shared the work, and Darian Williams had his best day with 174 yards and two touchdowns to lead a 439-yard effort in a 34-14 victory over Indiana State last week. The rushing attack would get an even greater boost if Corey Lewis returns to provide a home-run threat against a Penguin defense that has struggled against the run with 4.6 yards per carry and 160 yards per game surrendered. The Youngstown State defense should hold its own against the pass, however. UNI quarterback Eric Sanders has a great pedigree and history, but the UNI receivers don’t have as much experience as last year’s group and the Youngstown State defense is strong at cornerback with Codera Jackson and Jason Perry. But while the defense could have its hands full against the Panthers, an improved and more explosive offense gives Youngstown State a boost in this game. Running back Marcus Mason (900 yards, 12 TD) is playing as well as any back in the country after recording 266 yards on just 20 carries last week, and he’ll go at a UNI defense that has played well recently but has not faced a running game with Youngstown State’s potential. Quarterback Tom Zetts has 963 yards and nine touchdown strikes this year, and will need to make a few plays to loosen up the UNI defense. History is not on the Penguins side here. They have an 11-game home winning streak, but the last loss came to UNI in 2004. The Panthers need the game just as much as well, especially since they already sit with two losses. But this is a championship-caliber Youngstown State team, and there’s no better time to show that than at home against a rival. The Penguins have a tendency to make a few big plays on defense, and have forced 14 turnovers this year. They will come up with some key stops in a close game late, and Mason and the offense will do the rest to give the Penguins a huge win and make a significant step for a resurgent program.

Prediction:
Youngstown State 31
UNI 24

Reed Rothchild
October 18th, 2006, 04:26 PM
What else is new, Dougherty always picks against UNI.xcoffeex

PantherRob82
October 18th, 2006, 06:51 PM
31-24 is basically giving them a TD for home field. I'll take that prediction. Probably more accurate than yours, Fly. :thumbsup:

FlyYtown
October 18th, 2006, 08:27 PM
I got blasted on every prediction this year, I don't mind another one. I can't help all my predictions on offense this year have been within 5 points each game...

42-27 is a very well thought out prediction, you guys have yet to face a running attack like our's; and we really haven't faced a passing attack like your's, unless you call UC-Davis that...

Reed Rothchild
October 18th, 2006, 10:07 PM
you guys have yet to face a running attack like our's

Actually, we have faced it over the last 5 years and our Head Coach knows how to shut it down. Familiarity can be a very special thing, especially when both teams have had the same systems in that time and one has the clear advantage

FlyYtown
October 19th, 2006, 05:29 AM
Actually, we have faced it over the last 5 years and our Head Coach knows how to shut it down. Familiarity can be a very special thing, especially when both teams have had the same systems in that time and one has the clear advantage

Good for you guys in the last 5 years, this is THIS Year..... Noone has stopped our running game this year, except Penn St.
You will be facing the #1 Running Back in the Gateway this week, who has rushed for at least 99 yards in every game this season.

I got one more streak for you.
YSU HAS WON 12 IN A ROW WHEN A BACK RUSHES FOR 100 or more YARDS...

Streaks streaks streaks....lol one more reason my prediction is what it is.

shakdaddy3
October 19th, 2006, 07:32 AM
You will be facing the #1 Running Back in the Gateway this week, who has rushed for at least 99 yards in every game this season.

Pierre Rembert has rushed for over 100 yards each game this year... i think his lowest total was 105 against K-State and he had that toal against EIU too... xsmileyclapx

once again, this game will come down to coaching... i predicted YSU to win, but Farely most likely has a great gameplan cooked up for the tuxedo birds

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2006, 09:31 AM
and we really haven't faced a passing attack like your's, unless you call UC-Davis that...

What about our running attack? Check our stats. I'm not sure what passing attack you're talking about.

Your prediciton seems a little based on how much each team runs and the new clock rules.

UNH 40
October 19th, 2006, 11:01 AM
I got to go with UNI and there leader under center Sanders. He will rise to the occasion like he always has and play out of his mind. UNI 31 YSU 28.

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2006, 02:39 PM
I got to go with UNI and there leader under center Sanders. He will rise to the occasion like he always has and play out of his mind. UNI 31 YSU 28.

I like the way you think. ;)

I'd never bet against UNH with Santos at the helm.

FlyYtown
October 19th, 2006, 04:24 PM
I like the way you think. ;)

I'd never bet against UNH with Santos at the helm.
LOL Would you say that if they played JMU again this year?

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh:

shakdaddy3
October 19th, 2006, 04:52 PM

i would... AGS, Fly, AGS...

PantherRob82
October 19th, 2006, 06:07 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx :rotateh: :rotateh: :rotateh:

I would for sure. No way that happens twice. :thumbsup:

FlyYtown
October 19th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Latest attendance numbers are at about 17,000... They expect this to be up near a sell out, all depends on if people want to enjoy the only sunny day in Youngstown in this next 7 days!!!

GO GUINS

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2006, 08:07 AM
I'm looking forward to this one sunny day. Weather forecast better not change overnight. They chnge it here every 30 mins.

BillLuc1982
October 20th, 2006, 08:14 AM
Latest attendance numbers are at about 17,000... They expect this to be up near a sell out, all depends on if people want to enjoy the only sunny day in Youngstown in this next 7 days!!!

GO GUINS

A friend told me it had already sold out! Now these ticket holders better drag themselves to the game! We know Ohio State's going to beat Indiana so head off to the Ice Castle!

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2006, 08:31 AM
We know Ohio State's going to beat Indiana so head off to the Ice Castle!

...and if Ohio State loses to Indiana, you don't want to be there anyway.

GoGuins
October 20th, 2006, 09:00 AM
...and if Ohio State loses to Indiana

I'd love that! Would shut some of these hairless nuts around here upxlolx

Paladin1aa
October 20th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Muck Fichigan, Go !!xlolx

We'll be in the YSU crowd. :nod:

GoGuins
October 20th, 2006, 09:33 AM
It's paint the stadium red tomorrow, too bad half the crowd will be wearing their Scarlet red

PantherRob82
October 20th, 2006, 01:24 PM
Go Wolverines!

I-AA Fan
October 20th, 2006, 01:33 PM
I got blasted on every prediction this year, I don't mind another one. I can't help all my predictions on offense this year have been within 5 points each game...

42-27 is a very well thought out prediction, you guys have yet to face a running attack like our's; and we really haven't faced a passing attack like your's, unless you call UC-Davis that...

Fly:

I respect your enthusiasm, but YSU has certainly faced a passing attack as good as UNI's this season (WIU and UCD are both good, and Maine is not bad either) ... it is a passing offense based out of a powerful GFC running attack we have yet to face ...UNI is one of those. This is what makes Sanders (or an QB's) passing so effective. UNI has also been optioning Sanders this year & YSU stopped running the option almost 10-years ago. Very scary, but YSU is much quicker than their size would indicate. With all of UNI's variety offensive sets, it is going to take YSU's defense some time to adjust ...this is when it is most dangerous for the Guins. UNI's passing is usually the same ...everyone out, dump it to a skilled position underneath and let him "do his thing" after the catch ...YSU can defense this. Also, if they pass short out of the option, YSU will be fine as well. I also think th ateventually, YSU's linebacker speed will negate UNI's outside running game. However, if Sanders throws across the middle ...YSU is not fine, this why WIU picked up 178 yards of passing in about 7-minutes last week. I am not trying to favor UNI, I am just saying there is prep to do. The D-line is still too inexperienced at dictating the throw, so the Penguins are relying strictly on the secondary ... Jackson and Perry are great ones ...but they are only two people. Should tell us much about both teams.

FlyYtown
October 20th, 2006, 10:10 PM
Fly:

I respect your enthusiasm, but YSU has certainly faced a passing attack as good as UNI's this season (WIU and UCD are both good, and Maine is not bad either) ... it is a passing offense based out of a powerful GFC running attack we have yet to face ...UNI is one of those. This is what makes Sanders (or an QB's) passing so effective. UNI has also been optioning Sanders this year & YSU stopped running the option almost 10-years ago. Very scary, but YSU is much quicker than their size would indicate. With all of UNI's variety offensive sets, it is going to take YSU's defense some time to adjust ...this is when it is most dangerous for the Guins. UNI's passing is usually the same ...everyone out, dump it to a skilled position underneath and let him "do his thing" after the catch ...YSU can defense this. Also, if they pass short out of the option, YSU will be fine as well. I also think th ateventually, YSU's linebacker speed will negate UNI's outside running game. However, if Sanders throws across the middle ...YSU is not fine, this why WIU picked up 178 yards of passing in about 7-minutes last week. I am not trying to favor UNI, I am just saying there is prep to do. The D-line is still too inexperienced at dictating the throw, so the Penguins are relying strictly on the secondary ... Jackson and Perry are great ones ...but they are only two people. Should tell us much about both teams.

Well I am not the only one here picking UNI. I think Eric Sanders is one of theee best QB'S in all I-AA...... That is why their passing attack will be the best we face.

Hannon Predicts 33-17 Penguins
I got 42-27.

Gonna be near a sell out....

One thing is for sure, this game will be won on the side of the ball the Gateway wins by: OFFENSE.....

Don't lemme hear that Defense wins championships BS.... It's not true in the Gateway..

PantherMan
October 20th, 2006, 11:16 PM
Well I am not the only one here picking UNI. I think Eric Sanders is one of theee best QB'S in all I-AA...... That is why their passing attack will be the best we face.

Hannon Predicts 33-17 Penguins
I got 42-27.

Gonna be near a sell out....

One thing is for sure, this game will be won on the side of the ball the Gateway wins by: OFFENSE.....

Don't lemme hear that Defense wins championships BS.... It's not true in the Gateway..

Whoever shows up to play Defense tomorrow WILL win this game. We know that both teams are more than adequate on O and will/can put points on the board. The team that creates/forces a couple of turnovers and gets a few big 3rd down stops wins this one. Not too much longer to wait now...a W for UNI puts us on the inside track for a spot in the playoffs with only 1 road game left on the schedule. A win for YSU gets them in the playoffs regardless of the fact that they may still have two L's left on the schedule. HUGE game for both!:twocents:

FlyYtown
October 21st, 2006, 10:12 AM
Well the latest report I got is this place is going to be packed, one of the highest attended games in YEARS down there... YSU does not lose in front of big crowds historically at YSU.....

Penguins MUST Win this game; if they lose they can certainly still make the playoffs, but this is a major step to get us to where we wanna play our playoff games.. Home or Away!?

ysubigred
October 21st, 2006, 11:00 AM

How many games have you played in Fly?! I like your enthusiasm but you don't know jack sheet about football.

Right now YSU is not awesome in either "O" or "D" they are just getting the job done.

If I was granted one wish; I'll wish for better "D". If the other team can't score they can't win!

DEFENSE WIN'S CHAMPIONSHIPS 91, 93, 94 especially 97:twocents: :hurray:

People pay to watch offense 92 and 99 :thumbsup:

FlyYtown
October 21st, 2006, 11:04 AM
How many games have you played in Fly?! I like your enthusiasm but you don't know jack sheet about football.

Right now YSU is not awesome in either "O" or "D" they are just getting the job done.

If I was granted one wish; I'll wish for better "D". If the other team can't score they can't win!

DEFENSE WIN'S CHAMPIONSHIPS 91, 93, 94 especially 97:twocents: :hurray:

People pay to watch offense 92 and 99 :thumbsup:

All You need to see Big Red is this...
The A-10 vs. Gateway numbers.
There you will see one league wins by Offense, the other by defense.... The Gateway is an offensive league... Hence; WKU vs. WIU......

And I've played some football in my time.... I know more than jack **** about football my fellow guin fan....

ysubigred
October 21st, 2006, 01:12 PM
All You need to see Big Red is this...
The A-10 vs. Gateway numbers.
There you will see one league wins by Offense, the other by defense.... The Gateway is an offensive league... Hence; WKU vs. WIU......

And I've played some football in my time.... I know more than jack **** about football my fellow guin fan....

:flagged:

:dizzy: Ummmmm....... I won't get argumentive with a felleow Guins fan but If you did know Jack **** you would not be posting what you are about this. Your oppinion or my oppinion it ours so we both belive we are right. You need a good offense but nothings better than a great defense :nod:

Ask the New Hampshire guys what a good "D" can do to Good "O" Hence; Jim Madison :)

PantherRob82
October 22nd, 2006, 11:16 PM
Ask the New Hampshire guys what a good "D" can do to Good "O" Hence; Jim Madison :)

or Northeastern.