PDA

View Full Version : Scheduling 2014 Questions For NDSU and Il State Fans From SIU Fan

underdawg
December 26th, 2013, 08:44 AM
I just noticed that SIU plays at North Dakota State on October 10, 2014 on a Friday night and at Illinois State on November 20 on a Thursday night!

These days are very unusual in season for in-league Valley Football games--are they because of some TV commitment that the games aren't being played on Saturdays???

BisonFan02
December 26th, 2013, 08:52 AM
I just noticed that SIU plays at North Dakota State on October 10, 2014 on a Friday night and at Illinois State on November 20 on a Thursday night!

These days are very unusual in season for in-league Valley Football games--are they because of some TV commitment that the games aren't being played on Saturdays???

No clue....interesting though.

bri-dog
December 26th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Is it possible that something's a little screwy with the schedule on their website?

NDSU's website shows playing on Saturday, Oct. 11. Can't tell about ISU, they don't have their next year's schedule listed yet...

Twentysix
December 26th, 2013, 01:18 PM

Count on Saturday @NDSU.

clenz
December 26th, 2013, 01:43 PM
UNI is the only team I can remember playing a non Saturday game that wasnt an opening week game...

That was 08 vs Nicholls State on a Thursday towards the end of non con play.

I think it was initially scheduled for Saturday but was "flexed"into a Thursday night game by ESPN

I don't remember another team found that though

I can't imagine a non Saturday MVFC game, unless it was a Friday night on the membership or deuce against no other games and between the two top teams with both highly rated on a full stadium...ie UNI/NDSU type game from this past season.

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

underdawg
December 26th, 2013, 01:44 PM
I guess Our website is totally screwed up: www.siusalukis.com shows (if you go to 2014-15 year of schedule) these dates--hard to believe they screwed up both dates like that---

skinny_uncle
December 26th, 2013, 09:15 PM
Interesting. I hadn't noticed that until you pointed it out, underdawg.