PDA

View Full Version : How will SLC coaching changes effect recruiting?

Catatonic
December 26th, 2013, 05:50 AM
Any thoughts on the impact of coaching changes on SLC recruiting? Conque recruited heavily in east Texas when he was at UCA. Will he try to get the guys he was recruiting to switch to SFA?

The new coach at UCA does not have a Texas background. Will this impact how and here he recruits?

Has the uncertainty at both schools helped other schools in the SLC with their recruiting?

The ACU board reported a lot more direct competition with UCA than with SFA for recruits (home visits, official visits, and offers ) prior to the changes. Since it is the dead period it is hard to gauge what changes are coming. Just wondering if anyone else ha insights or thoughts.

BEAR
December 26th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Well, the UCA coach has had SEC coaching experience and as the #1 JUCO coach in America with strong ties to FBS schools, he has connections with high school coaches in Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi. When he is mentioned by many successful coaches as he is, I won't see a problem with getting some awesome transfers or pipeline those JuCO kids from Community colleges.

Conque will do well also but I don't see his offense changing. Bubble screens RBs and pass happy. I dont see see him getting a run game though.

As for his recruits, they will have to decide to learn about coach campbell or attend another school that's all.

I personally think UCA came out ahead but only time will tell.

FormerPokeCenter
December 26th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Well, the UCA coach has had SEC coaching experience and as the #1 JUCO coach in America with strong ties to FBS schools, he has connections with high school coaches in Texas, Louisiana, and Mississippi. When he is mentioned by many successful coaches as he is, I won't see a problem with getting some awesome transfers or pipeline those JuCO kids from Community colleges.

Conque will do well also but I don't see his offense changing. Bubble screens RBs and pass happy. I dont see see him getting a run game though.

As for his recruits, they will have to decide to learn about coach campbell or attend another school that's all.

I personally think UCA came out ahead but only time will tell.

SFA's in a hotbed of talent. There's no reason why they shouldn't be great, year in and year out...

Except coaching...

BEAR
December 26th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Conque is nicknamed D2 here. His style of play worked against most teams but the SLC has it figured out now. Also when the pressure was on he went conservative with short passes. Very frustrating for his ex WRs who got open frequently but the play wasn't to them. Oh well. I'm focusing on Campbell now and looking up what type of defense and offense he prefers to run and how scholarship increases will benefit that style.

Purple Pride
December 26th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Conque is past his prime. UCA came out WAY ahead!

gobears14
December 26th, 2013, 09:05 PM
SFA's in a hotbed of talent. There's no reason why they shouldn't be great, year in and year out...

Except coaching...

You could say that about every Texas school though

Sammy94
December 27th, 2013, 08:24 AM
I won't see a problem with getting some awesome transfers or pipeline those JuCO kids from Community colleges

Sounds like the SELA plan. Could work out but most of the time it doesn't. Just ask Lamar......

FormerPokeCenter
December 27th, 2013, 08:51 AM
You could say that about every Texas school though

Not really....Check out the map....look at all the little towns around SFA. They're sorta uniquely situated without a whole lot of geographic competition....The Binturongs are closer to Houston, but EVERYBODY recruits Houston...SFA is right smack in the middle of a nice geographic area that produces a LOT of great football players and HS teams, and there are no other Division I teams in their footprint..They've got an ideal situation....There's no reason they shouldn't be in the playoffs damn near every year...except, of course, for coaching....

Here's an illustrative map, showing the locations of the Texas HS state champs and runner's up...note that three of them are closer to SFA than to anybody else...while the rest are clustered in the DFW, Houston and Austin/San Antonio metroplexes...

http://drchighschoolblog.dentonrc.com/2013/12/state-champions-and-state-finalists-illustrated.html/

If you expanded the map to include the semi and quarterfinalists, you'd see just how fertile the recruiting grown is around Naconowhere...

BEAR
December 27th, 2013, 09:47 AM
Sounds like the SELA plan. Could work out but most of the time it doesn't. Just ask Lamar......

UCA was able to recruit good skill position players while relying on Texas and Arkansas base players. I don't see UCA filling the roster with purely transfers and CC players. Some of our best all Americans and all conference players came straight out of high school. Since I know nothing about the new coach's plans for recruiting, all I can say is he most likely get some transfers because of his time at a CC.

lionsrking2
December 27th, 2013, 12:37 PM

There's an art to it, and being able to find the right fits for your program ... depends a lot on your staff, and how adept they are at team building and developing players ... key is to get them in at midterm so they'll have a spring practice, plus a full semester/summer in the weight room and class room.

That said, a good number of our starters and two/three deep rotation were signed out of high school.

BEAR
December 28th, 2013, 07:44 PM
Heard that Campbells salary will be about what Conque will make at SFA. Isnt that a kick in the nuts! xlolx

SFA 93
December 28th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Yes, Conque already offering some who he was recruiting at UCA...

TE: Josiah Wymer 6-5; 262 Springdale, Arkansas (Springdale) ** (Rivals.com)
Offers from SFA, Louisiana-Monroe, Central Arkansas, interest from Arkansas

TE: Jayson Clements 6-3; 220 Waco, Texas (Midway)
Offers from SFA, Incarnate Word, Abilene Christian, Central Arkansas

WR: Tyrique Edwards 6-0; 190 Sachse, Texas (Sachse) ** (247sports) NUC 2014 Top 150 Watch List
Offers from SFA, Central Arkansas, interest from Louisiana Tech, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Texas, Rice

BEAR
December 28th, 2013, 11:03 PM
I watched Wymer this year. He's one of those late bloomers. He will go to a bowl subdivision team and redshirt a year to build up his body and game. Any bowl coach that passes up on that talent will miss out for sure. Springdale is a big school that faces excellent talent. I don't think any FCS team will get him but I could be wrong.

Catatonic
December 29th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Texas High School championship games had better attendance than most all the bowl games thus far. College recruiter made up about half of the fans in the seats. There were some amazing displays of talent out there.

It will be interesting see if any of the headliners sign with SLC teams. I know ACU is hot after a running back who will probably get some last minute attention from bigger schools following a spectacular showing.

Bold prediction: Kyler Murray (2015) will not wind up in the Southland Conference xlolx

Catatonic
December 29th, 2013, 05:05 AM
I watched Wymer this year. He's one of those late bloomers. He will go to a bowl subdivision team and redshirt a year to build up his body and game. Any bowl coach that passes up on that talent will miss out for sure. Springdale is a big school that faces excellent talent. I don't think any FCS team will get him but I could be wrong.
Players up in Fayettville seem to be bailing en masse. Any Ex Hogs in UCA's future?

Catatonic
December 29th, 2013, 07:04 AM
I thought this was a NCAA dead period with no contact permitted?

Yes, Conque already offering some who he was recruiting at UCA...

WR: Tyrique Edwards 6-0; 190 Sachse, Texas (Sachse) ** (247sports) NUC 2014 Top 150 Watch List
Offers from SFA, Central Arkansas, interest from Louisiana Tech, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Texas, Rice

BEAR
December 29th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Players up in Fayettville seem to be bailing en masse. Any Ex Hogs in UCA's future?

Hope not. Most of their DBS got smoked more than most meats in Texas. But I'm sure some will, sadly. We've had luck with their Qbs, but not much else.

SFA 93
December 29th, 2013, 07:36 AM
All per their twitters on Dec.22

The dead period means no in person recruiting, but you can still send offers.

Purple Pride
December 29th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Who's bailing from Fayetteville?

Catatonic
December 29th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Who's bailing from Fayetteville?

Here ya go....

http://www.ajc.com/feed/sports/college-football/aj-turner-nate-holmes-myke-tavarres-transferring/fWgQq/

SFA 93
December 29th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Conque is past his prime. UCA came out WAY ahead!

That remains to be seen...and if he's past his prime what does that make Harper?

SFA UCA
2013: 3-9 7-5
2012: 5-6 9-3
2011: 6-5 9-4
2010: 9-3 7-4

gobears14
December 29th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Here ya go....

http://www.ajc.com/feed/sports/college-football/aj-turner-nate-holmes-myke-tavarres-transferring/fWgQq/

We might could use Holmes's speed at RB, but he'll probably end up somewhere in Texas

lionsrking2
December 29th, 2013, 02:19 PM
I thought this was a NCAA dead period with no contact permitted?

Dead period means no in-person contact, or evaluations, on or off campus. Phone calls and texts are still permitted.

SFA 93
December 29th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Central Arkansas: Sources tell us East Mississippi offensive line coach D.J. Looney will join the staff at Central Arkansas as tackles / tight ends coach. Has any program seen more coaches move up to D-II, FCS & FBS over past few years than EMCC? Pretty impressive.

BEAR
December 29th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Us Bear fans have got to get acquainted with all these new faces. Glad Nathan Brown stayed. He's kept the QB line intact.

http://emccathletics.com/sports/fball/coaches/looney

Catatonic
December 29th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Add Larry Rose III of Fairfield to the SFA wish list. Offers from UCA , ACU among others. After his spectacular showing in the TX AAA championship game he may pick up offers from some big schools. Some May consider him too small but he has a serious set of wheels.
QUOTE=SFA 93;2081884]Yes, Conque already offering some who he was recruiting at UCA...

Offers from SFA, Central Arkansas, interest from Louisiana Tech, Minnesota, New Mexico, North Texas, Rice[/QUOTE]

gobears14
December 29th, 2013, 11:44 PM
Looks like we're keeping Hollingsworth at OC and getting former Louisiana DC Greg Stewart on defense

at least according to ucafans

FormerPokeCenter
December 30th, 2013, 12:11 AM
Looks like we're keeping Hollingsworth at OC and getting former Louisiana DC Greg Stewart on defense

at least according to ucafans

What Louisiana school was Stewart with???

gobears14
December 30th, 2013, 03:47 AM
What Louisiana school was Stewart with???

Louisiana-Lafayette (but they want to be called U of Louisiana now lol)

Jacksonville State before that

FormerPokeCenter
December 30th, 2013, 01:10 PM
LOL...I figured you were referring to the vainglorious, overreaching social-climbing school located in Lafayette, La., which consistently and continuously tries to be something that it's not...

There is no University of Louisiana. There ARE two colleges, located in Lafayette and Monroe, who may use that name, as any of the other colleges in the UL system can use the name - if they choose - by designating their city along with it...However, Northwestern State, McNeese, Southeastern, Nicholls, Louisiana Tech, Southern and Grambling have all chosen NOT to be UL@Natchitoches, UL@Lake Charles, UL@Hammond, UL@Thibodaux, UL@Ruston, UL@Baton Rouge or UL@Grambling...

There's a state law that says NO member of the UL system may coopt the University of Louisiana name WITHOUT a city designation attached to it...

That doesn't stop the Ragin Couyons in Lafayette from trying, though...

Samalum'10
December 30th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Larry Rose III has received interest from Baylor, nothing official yet. His counterpart, Bryson Gates, will most likely end up at Colorado State

SFA 93
December 31st, 2013, 04:03 PM
Central Arkansas: Sources tell us that the Central Arkansas offensive staff has been completed. Nathan Brown will be the offensive coordinator / quarterbacks coach, DJ Looney will coach the offensive line, Pete Bennett will coach the receivers, and Mike McCarty will handle the running backs.

BEAR
December 31st, 2013, 07:13 PM
Nathan Brown as OC...... nice.

He was able to take that injury riddled team and make them a 7-5 team. Most of all he got that backup QB Howard to play well enough to move the ball up the field.

Congrats to Nathan.... just another step up before he becomes head coach somewhere. xbowx

Catatonic
January 1st, 2014, 07:04 AM
The good news for ACU is the UCA staff does not appear to have a lot of Texas HS connections. More mid- south than Texas. The bad news is SFA recruiting just got a huge upgrade.

SFA 93
January 1st, 2014, 07:08 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bc35cnHCMAEoFAL.jpg

SFA 93
January 1st, 2014, 04:52 PM
Central Arkansas: Sources tell us that Steve Campbell has convinced special teams coordinator / defensive line coach Dan Augustine to remain at UCA in the same capacity.

UCABEARS75
January 1st, 2014, 05:27 PM
Central Arkansas: Sources tell us that Steve Campbell has convinced special teams coordinator / defensive line coach Dan Augustine to remain at UCA in the same capacity.

Dan recruits the Dallas/Ft Worth area.

Catatonic
January 3rd, 2014, 01:33 PM

Has now committed to SFA.

SFA 93
January 6th, 2014, 04:55 PM
QB: Zach Conque 6-6; 230 R/Fr. Little Rock, Arkansas (Catholic/UTSA) ** (Rivals.com) #18 State; #79 QB (247sports)
Offers from UTSA, Central Arkansas, Tulsa, Toledo, Middle Tenn. State, interest from Arkansas State

Transfer: UTSA to SFA

A two-year starter who completed 377-of-608 passes (62 percent) for 5,019 yards and 38 touchdowns during his prep career … also rushed for 807 yards and 15 scores on 97 carries (8.3 avg.) … earned first-team Class 7A Central all-state accolades, was runner-up for Arkansas’ Gatorade Player of the Year award and also was an Arkansas Player of the Year finalist as a senior … passed for 2,868 yards and 24 touchdowns and added 407 yards and seven scores on the ground … an all-conference selection in 2010 after throwing for 2,151 yards and 14 TDs … also rushed for 400 yards with eight scores that season.

SFA 93
January 6th, 2014, 05:28 PM
Stephen F. Austin: Former Angelo State defensive coordinator Mike Walton has accepted a position on the defensive side of the ball at SFA, a source tells CoachingSearch.

Prior to his arrival at ASU, Walton coached at the New Mexico Military Institute, Sam Houston State and Eastern New Mexico. Last season at the New Mexico Military Institute, he served as co-defensive coordinator where he developed game plans. The 2010 Broncos logged 17 sacks, 12 interceptions, blocked five kicks and registered three defensive touchdowns.

In three seasons at Sam Houston State, Walton coached cornerbacks and was the special teams coordinator and recruiting coordinator for the Bearkats. His special teams finished first overall in the Southland Conference in punt returns and net punting.
Walton's first defensive coordinator job came at Eastern New Mexico in 2006. He was previously the Greyhounds quarterbacks coach, special teams coordinator, recruiting coordinator and outside linebackers coach since 2000. His defense while serving as coordinator held opponents to 115 yards rushing and 222 yards passing. Eastern New Mexico was the Lone Star Conference South Division Co-Champions in 2000 during Walton's first year coaching.

BEAR
January 6th, 2014, 05:38 PM
Rumors floating around Arkansas that Alabama Runningback and Arkansas native Altee Tenpenny is looking to transfer, maybe to UCA. Nothing confirmed but I heard there is a connection with our new coach somehow. Nice if true but I'm not holding my breath. If so, welcome AT! xlolx

McNeese75
January 6th, 2014, 07:17 PM
Rumors floating around Arkansas that Alabama Runningback and Arkansas native Altee Tenpenny is looking to transfer, maybe to UCA. Nothing confirmed but I heard there is a connection with our new coach somehow. Nice if true but I'm not holding my breath. If so, welcome AT! xlolx

Why would he transfer to a school that can't run the ball? :D

BEAR
January 6th, 2014, 08:58 PM
Why would he transfer to a school that can't run the ball? :D

Thats why he would!

Im sure our running game will improve now that SFA has our sloppy seconds. No more bubble screens. LOL

gobears14
January 7th, 2014, 12:33 AM

Lol we heard the same thing with Dyer. I think he's content riding the bench at Bama

Purple Pride
January 7th, 2014, 07:58 AM
Thats why he would!

Im sure our running game will improve now that SFA has our sloppy seconds. No more bubble screens. LOLNo DOUBT! That crap got old.

McNeese75
January 7th, 2014, 09:26 AM
Thats why he would!

Im sure our running game will improve now that SFA has our sloppy seconds. No more bubble screens. LOL

Do you think Conque's Son knows how to throw a bubble screen??? ;)

BEAR
January 7th, 2014, 10:23 AM
Sadly that offense has worked to the tune of having a winning record against every SLC team so far.

Run
Bubble screen
Run
Bubble screen or run

You should have seen the turnout for the new coach. I was there and haven't seen that many Bear supporters show up for any event. I have a feeling this was looooong overdue and next year those Bear-backers Monday lunches will have to be held in a bigger place than a hole in the wall or back room of a franchise restaurant. Thankfully!

BEAR
January 7th, 2014, 10:43 AM
I'll guarantee a sideline pass on 3rd down and 2 with the QB already 5 yards back with the RB 3 more yards behind him receiving that pass. #predictable #neverworks xlolx

BEAR
January 7th, 2014, 10:45 AM
Do you think Conque's Son knows how to throw a bubble screen??? ;)

I got to know that family pretty good all those years they were here and I can tell you as a QB the kid is really good and has a work ethic like a machine. Will he pan out? Who knows. But he is very coachable and strong in his game. I wish him luck except when he comes to UCA of course.

BEAR
January 7th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Speaking of improving our meeting places....

CONWAY, Ark. _ Come out and meet the new University of Central Arkansas football coaching staff at 6 p.m. Monday, Jan. 13 at the Centennial Center at Conway's Centennial Valley Country Club.

Head coach Steve Campbell and his coaching staff will be on hand to meet and greet the public for the first time. Campbell, UCA's first new head football coach since the 2000 season, brings an impressive resume and a promise of exciting football to the UCA program. His coaching staff is a perfect mix of young, energetic coaches and experienced, savvy veterans who plan to build upon the winning tradition of the Bears' football program.

Refreshments will be provided at the reception and it is open to the public. For more information, call 450-3150.

SFA 93
January 7th, 2014, 05:34 PM
You guys crack me up

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/d3/d3d98763ef0804d1d37e15426063960c49845db6bef2fb7453 c35eb06825b47e.jpg

Purple Pride
January 7th, 2014, 06:56 PM
Sour grapes? Lol

More like sweet revenge when we hang 60 on y'all again this year.

BEAR
January 7th, 2014, 07:34 PM
Hang 60...... hey that sounds like an AWESOME new slogan we just created for our team! xnodx:D

Oh wait.... maybe I've heard that before.... xlolx

SFA 93
January 7th, 2014, 08:15 PM
SFA has our sloppy seconds.

That's funny Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College is saying the same thing about UCA. xlolx

SFA 93
January 7th, 2014, 08:40 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bb426IBCUAAwa03.jpg
Sour grapes? Lol

More like sweet revenge when we hang 60 on y'all again this year.

and the coach who helped make that possible now resides at SFA

revenge? more like poetic xlolx

BEAR
January 7th, 2014, 11:21 PM
I'll make you a deal. When UCA plays SFA this coming year, i'll tailgate with you and we'll do:

You take a shot for every bubble screen Crimp Crunk uses in the game and i'll take a shot for every point we score. Deal? Bet you wont make it out the first quarter! xlolx most likely I wont either! Sound good?

Clamp Crank LOVES him some bubble!

McNeese75
January 8th, 2014, 08:59 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bb426IBCUAAwa03.jpg

and the coach who helped make that possible now resides at SFA

revenge? more like poetic xlolx

I see he has already picked up that stupid ass gang hand sign xrolleyesx (most Texas schools have them xrotatehx)

UCABEARS75
January 8th, 2014, 09:02 AM
Back to the thread topic: while we will always recruit East TX, LA, and AR it is now obvious that our coaching staff, with their connections, are broadening our recruiting footprint to the east by going heavily into MS high schools in addition to MSCC and into Alabama.

I would expect that we will also go to the FL Panhandle on a limited basis in the coming years.

UCABEARS75
January 8th, 2014, 09:05 AM
I see he has already picked up that stupid ass gang hand sign xrolleyesx (most Texas schools have them xrotatehx)

Hey '75, Clint has always called y'all the "Gold Standard" of the SLC; now he has revealed that he has always considered SFA the "Crown Jewel" of the SLC. Interesting.

McNeese75
January 8th, 2014, 09:15 AM
Hey '75, Clint has always called y'all the "Gold Standard" of the SLC; now he has revealed that he has always considered SFA the "Crown Jewel" of the SLC. Interesting.

A Man's gotta say what a Man's gotta say xlolx. I actually almost went to SFA but the family moved to LC so here I am and glad it turned out that way. I guess my only rub with the Jacks is in the past they kept hiring ex McNeese coaches for the HC position and the last two of those were pricks.

Your new Coach's connections with the Miss Jr College territory could pay big dividends (see SLU).

UCABEARS75
January 8th, 2014, 09:33 AM
A Man's gotta say what a Man's gotta say xlolx. I actually almost went to SFA but the family moved to LC so here I am and glad it turned out that way. I guess my only rub with the Jacks is in the past they kept hiring ex McNeese coaches for the HC position and the last two of those were pricks.

Your new Coach's connections with the Miss Jr College territory could pay big dividends (see SLU).

I hear what you are saying but we, as a fan base, have been assured that the coaching staff will be selective in taking transfers, either JC or FBS. In fact, I am fairly confident that we have already passed on a FBS transfer who would have been a difference maker on the field.

I sincerely doubt our roster ever looks as heavy with transfers as SLU's. But I am excited about us hitting MS and AL high schools heavier.

Purple Pride
January 8th, 2014, 11:32 AM
Nah. He's just Mackin' on the cheerleaders.

BEAR
January 8th, 2014, 11:47 AM
Mackin'............. xlolx

That's something I haven't heard in a while... xlolx

I wonder if they still use that in Nachocheezus...nachodouches...nachowhatever...

I heard some fans got Clink Clunk a life vest for rainy day games as a going away present.

Purple Pride
January 8th, 2014, 11:51 AM
Mackin'............. xlolx

That's something I haven't heard in a while... xlolx

I wonder if they still use that in Nachocheezus...nachodouches...nachowhatever...

I heard some fans got Clink Clunk a life vest for rainy day games as a going away present.

They should have got him some rubbers.

BEAR
January 8th, 2014, 12:49 PM
They should have got him some rubbers.

xlolx I see what you did there...You said, "rubbers"

http://imgs.tuts.dragoart.com/how-to-draw-beavis-and-butt-head-beavis-and-butt-head_1_000000010016_3.jpg

SFA 93
January 8th, 2014, 05:02 PM
Hey I get it guys.

You've been dumped after a very long relationship (for the guy next door) and instead of being cool about it you're just bitter playing the ahh she was a slut, I'm better off without her, trash her name whenever I get the chance BS.

It's just classic. xlolx

Purple Pride
January 8th, 2014, 05:06 PM
Lol you'll see.

BEAR
January 8th, 2014, 05:29 PM
And a Former Eagle finishes off the UCA staff...

Bower, who will coach outside linebackers, is a former Georgia Southern player and was at that school when UCA beat the Eagles 34-31 in overtime in the 2006 season finale in the Bears' first year at the NCAA Division I level. Bower spent the past season as a graduate assistant at Troy University, and also spent one season on the Rutgers University staff and one on the Murray State staff.

"Harland played at Georgia Southern, so he has some quality playing experience at his level,' said Campbell. "He also has some solid recruiting ties. He is an excellent young coach that we're really excited about. He has a lot of enthusiasm and energy and a wealth of connections in recruiting.'

SFA 93
January 8th, 2014, 05:39 PM
Harper or Conque?

I rest my case xlolx

http://sfajacks.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/010814aab.html

McNeese72
January 10th, 2014, 08:54 PM
Anybody know anything about QB Michael Eubank who got his release from Ariz. St. and is looking to transfer somewhere?

Doc

Texas
January 10th, 2014, 11:48 PM
This thread is a lot more interesting. Think UCA came out better on their deal but only time will tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catatonic
January 11th, 2014, 02:11 PM
Anybody know anything about QB Michael Eubank who got his release from Ariz. St. and is looking to transfer somewhere?

Doc

Highly rated four star dual threat QB coming out of HS. Big guy with a decent arm and some ability to run. Wound up buried way down ASU's depth chart. He was recruited by the previous coach and might have been a victim of a poor fit for Todd Graham/Mike Norvell's system.

He rarely saw the field at ASU, used mostly in short yardage "QB sneak" situations. ASU fans were unimpressed with his arm. By all accounts he is a good guy and has had no trouble in the classroom or off the field.

Two years of eligibility left. He will probably wind up at a FCS school since he has already burned his redshirt year. I thought we might go after him since we have contacts on the ASU coaching staff (our former HC is ASU's asst head coach/OL and Norvell played at UCA when our current HC was QB coach at UCA). Didn't happen, probably because our system is similar to the system at ASU in which Eubank has not done well.

Looks like McNeese and Samford have both been after him. Ill State expressed some interest. There might be others but those three have been the most visible on social media.

McNeese72
January 14th, 2014, 08:11 AM
Highly rated four star dual threat QB coming out of HS. Big guy with a decent arm and some ability to run. Wound up buried way down ASU's depth chart. He was recruited by the previous coach and might have been a victim of a poor fit for Todd Graham/Mike Norvell's system.

He rarely saw the field at ASU, used mostly in short yardage "QB sneak" situations. ASU fans were unimpressed with his arm. By all accounts he is a good guy and has had no trouble in the classroom or off the field.

Two years of eligibility left. He will probably wind up at a FCS school since he has already burned his redshirt year. I thought we might go after him since we have contacts on the ASU coaching staff (our former HC is ASU's asst head coach/OL and Norvell played at UCA when our current HC was QB coach at UCA). Didn't happen, probably because our system is similar to the system at ASU in which Eubank has not done well.

Looks like McNeese and Samford have both been after him. Ill State expressed some interest. There might be others but those three have been the most visible on social media.

Evidently, he is making the rounds visiting schools before making any decisions. Hell, he might decide to stay at ASU.

Doc

BEAR
January 14th, 2014, 08:23 AM
Evidently, he is making the rounds visiting schools before making any decisions. Hell, he might decide to stay at ASU.
Doc

I think we are good with our uaf transfer, Hildebrand, and even Howard. I don't think he'll find a spot on the roster. But I hope a SLC team gets him. Coach Norvell knows talent and has done very well at ASU.

SFA 93
January 14th, 2014, 06:41 PM
Montana State assistant coach Demo Odems headed to SFA.

Clint Conque - Head Coach
Matt Kubik - OC/QB
Matt Williamson - DC/LB
Bill Best - OL/Run Game Coordinator
Demo Odems - WR
Adam Federle - DE/Recruiting Coordinator
Jeremy Hammock - TE/ Co-Special Team Coordinator
Terry Mills - CB
Jeremy Moses - RB
Mike Walton - DB/ Co-Special Team Coordinator

Staff almost complete.

BEAR
January 14th, 2014, 06:52 PM
Jeremy Moses will coach Running Backs? Why not QBs? yeah, I can see someone else has that job, but seriously looks out of place. Does he have experience at that? If not, expect a Conquism to be the reason he's coaching outside his comfort zone.

lionsrking2
January 14th, 2014, 07:02 PM
Jeremy Moses will coach Running Backs? Why not QBs? yeah, I can see someone else has that job, but seriously looks out of place. Does he have experience at that? If not, expect a Conquism to be the reason he's coaching outside his comfort zone.

It's fairly common for young coaches to coach positions other than the one they played for career development purposes.

BEAR
January 14th, 2014, 07:55 PM
Josiah Wymer ‏@J_Wymer88 8 Jan (https://twitter.com/J_Wymer88/status/421091576803110912) Had a great in-home visit with Coach Walton from SFA! #AxEm (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23AxEm&src=hash)

Josiah Wymer ‏@J_Wymer88 11 Jan (https://twitter.com/J_Wymer88/status/422149125199519744)
I've decided to continue my football career at UCA! #Bears (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Bears&src=hash) #FearTheStripes (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23FearTheStripes&src=hash)

Glad he liked UCA enough to choose the Bears.... but I don't think he will end up here. If he does, GREAT! But too many FBS people want him too. We'll see.

SFA 93
January 14th, 2014, 09:14 PM
Agree with Lion.

Hey bitter bear! Major Applewhite coached RBs at Texas

SFA 93
January 14th, 2014, 09:16 PM
RB: Cameron Washington 6-0; 195 Corsicana, Texas (Corsicana/Navarro College)
Offers from Lamar, Navarro College, UTSA, Angelo State

Golden Circle Male Athlete of the Year

Originally signed with Lamar but went to Navarro for playing time and to be closer to home.

2011 season – YDS: 3,045; TD: 45; 9.45 YPC; 215 YPG
2010 season – YDS: 1,539; TD: 10

1st Team All-District (15-4A) (2012)
4A All-Area Team (2012)

Navarro College GP:12;YDS:940;TD:10 (2013)

Transfers to SFA (now enrolled and on campus)

BEAR
January 14th, 2014, 09:17 PM
Just keep Conquering those recruits 93..... Bubble screen will make great use of them I'm sure. xlolx

SFA 93
January 14th, 2014, 09:34 PM
Just keep hating bitter bear (didn't hear you complaining at the beginning of the year about your coaching staff) xlolx

BEAR
January 14th, 2014, 09:45 PM
Had no reason to. Can't wait to hear you complain at the end of the year about yours! xlolx

you weren't there at practices as he strolled the sidelines as uninvolved and uninterested as he possibly could be. You didn't see the attitude he had with fans and boosters as they tried to wish him the best when the year started. It got to the point that boosters quit giving because of it. After the whole extra activity went down, he basically checked out mentally and gave control to his assistants. Now he's gone suddenly there's money coming in and hundreds are showing up to meetings. (We'll ones that aren't scheduled on a work day anyway xlolx ) the new staff is finally getting paid SLC level pay and it will increase no problem. Yeah, I enjoyed him while he was here. But he checked out on UCA and moved on years before he actually left.

Texas
January 14th, 2014, 11:09 PM
Just keep hating bitter bear (didn't hear you complaining at the beginning of the year about your coaching staff) xlolx

Let's be real. There were only two coaches before this year that could beat us one went to Wyoming and the other one was at UCA. That was the only reason SFA took him, maybe SFA will fill out at least one section at BotPW this coming year.

UCABEARS75
January 15th, 2014, 09:28 AM
Let's be real. There were only two coaches before this year that could beat us one went to Wyoming and the other one was at UCA. That was the only reason SFA took him, maybe SFA will fill out at least one section at BotPW this coming year.

Guessing there will be a big crowd at SFA on 10/4/14!!

BEAR
January 15th, 2014, 09:38 AM
Guessing there will be a big crowd at SFA on 10/4/14!!

I'll be there! xnodxxbowx Me and 93 throwing metal discs in the typhoon that hits annually.

SFA 93
January 15th, 2014, 05:18 PM
"Let's be real. There were only two coaches before this year that could beat us one went to Wyoming and the other one was at UCA. That was the only reason SFA took him, maybe SFA will fill out at least one section at BotPW this coming year."

Yes! that was the reason xthumbsupx

So, hey maybe that's why when we hired Conque, Willie tucked tail and went searching for peaches. hmmm?

Please forgive us for not doing our part at the BotPW, we are a commuter school. :D

Texas
January 15th, 2014, 05:24 PM
"Let's be real. There were only two coaches before this year that could beat us one went to Wyoming and the other one was at UCA. That was the only reason SFA took him, maybe SFA will fill out at least one section at BotPW this coming year."

Yes! that was the reason xthumbsupx

So, hey maybe that's why when we hired Conque, Willie tucked tail and went searching for peaches. hmmm?

Please forgive us for not doing our part at the BotPW, we are a commuter school. :D

Technically SHSU vs UCA the winner was always the home team, and seeing how BotPW is pretty much a home game...

SFA 93
January 15th, 2014, 06:19 PM
not really

UCA 5-3

2013 UCA 49-31 Conway
2012 UCA 24-20 Conway
2011 SHSU 31-10 Huntsville
2010 SHSU 20-13 Conway
2009 SHSU 17-14 Huntsville
2008 UCA 48-46 Conway
2007 UCA 35-14 Huntsville
2006 UCA 38-30 Huntsville

Sam 4 games in Conway (1-3)
Sam 4 games in Huntsville (2-2)

Texas
January 15th, 2014, 06:38 PM
Since Fritz.

TheRevSFA
January 15th, 2014, 09:37 PM
I'll be there! xnodxxbowx Me and 93 throwing metal discs in the typhoon that hits annually.

wow leaving the rev out. I'll remember that Bear

BEAR
January 16th, 2014, 08:11 AM
wow leaving the rev out. I'll remember that Bear

Ha! I didn't know there was more than one Lumberjack fan on here! Thought it was the same person just using multiple names. That's the problem with messageboards. You never know who is who until you meet them. YES, REV, if this is really you.... xlolx..... we will have a GREAT time at the game.
(P.S. I am the only UCABEAR on here and I go by no other name on any other board. See you gameday! )

TheRevSFA
January 16th, 2014, 08:26 AM
There's a few of us. Hopefully 93 will actually join us tailgating this year

SFA 93
January 19th, 2014, 02:52 PM
LB: Allen Stewart 6-2; 200 Humble, Texas (Kingwood Park) 4.5 speed
Offers from SFA, Central Arkansas, Sam Houston State, interest from Texas State

1st Team All-District (19-4A) TKL:83;TFL:10.0;SCK:3.0;INT:2

Verbal: SFA (1-19-14)

SFA 93
January 20th, 2014, 10:44 AM
TE: Will Taylor 6-4; 266 Euless, Texas (Trinity) ** (Rivals.com) #90 TE (247sports) 2013 Texas HS Football Top Offensive Players List (6-5A)

Verbal: SFA (1-20-14)

BEAR
January 20th, 2014, 12:32 PM
Looks like UCA is changing it's recruiting footprint slightly.

From Arkansas, Texas and Louisiana
To Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida with a few connections in the Houston and surrounding areas. I'm sure a bit of Louisiana still too.

Vast improvement IMO.
But we'll see.

Purple Pride
January 20th, 2014, 03:51 PM
UCA has 5 JUCO/Mid-year transfers and 13 commitments so far! GO BEARS!!!

McNeese75
January 20th, 2014, 04:46 PM
This thread has turned into a big purple circle . . . . . Never mind :D

BEAR
January 20th, 2014, 05:08 PM
This thread has turned into a big purple circle . . . . . Never mind :D

xblehx
xlolx

SFA 93
January 23rd, 2014, 05:16 PM
WR/QB/CB: Jimmie Houston 6-2; 181 Hooks, Texas (Hooks) 4.5 spd
Won District Utility Player of the Year Award

Scored by run, pass, PR, KR, and INT on defense as a senior. Will play WR.

Verbal: SFA

BEAR
January 23rd, 2014, 08:16 PM
Won District Utility Player of the Year Award

Scored by run, pass, PR, KR, and INT on defense as a senior. Will play WR.

Verbal: SFA

Jimmie Houston. Hooks. Does anyone see the humor in that. xlolx

SFA 93
January 23rd, 2014, 09:24 PM
S: Marlon Walls Jr. 5-10; 186 Pearland, Texas (Pearland) ** (Rivals.com)
Offers from SFA, Sam Houston State, Yale, New Mexico State, Navy, Henderson State, The Citadel, Memphis, Incarnate word, interest from Houston, Nebraska

Verbal: SFA (switched from Sam)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BesjEyYCQAAXe6t.jpg

lionsrking2
January 23rd, 2014, 09:47 PM
S: Marlon Walls Jr. 5-10; 186 Pearland, Texas (Pearland) ** (Rivals.com)
Offers from SFA, Sam Houston State, Yale, New Mexico State, Navy, Henderson State, The Citadel, Memphis, Incarnate word, interest from Houston, Nebraska

Verbal: SFA (switched from Sam)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BesjEyYCQAAXe6t.jpg

Not 100% sure but that looks to an NCAA violation.

SFA 93
January 23rd, 2014, 10:04 PM
What isn't a NCAA violation these days?

lionsrking2
January 23rd, 2014, 10:19 PM
What isn't a NCAA violation these days?

I guess that justifies it then.

SFA 93
January 23rd, 2014, 10:26 PM
lol I guess your program would know about that wouldn't it?

OK, what violation are you seeing that your not 100% sure but felt the need to sound off about it?

Texas
January 23rd, 2014, 10:35 PM
lol I guess your program would know about that wouldn't it?

OK, what violation are you talking about since your not 100% sure but felt the need to sound off about it?
Recruiting. God forbid you actually recruit someone instead of relying 100% on transfers.

lionsrking2
January 23rd, 2014, 11:08 PM
Recruiting. God forbid you actually recruit someone instead of relying 100% on transfers.

We don't rely 100% on transfers, but if we did, so what.

Bisonoline
January 23rd, 2014, 11:34 PM

Which recruiting violation?

McNeese72
January 24th, 2014, 07:47 AM
Not 100% sure but that looks to an NCAA violation.

I would think it would depend who took and published (or put up) the photo.

Doc

SFA 93
January 24th, 2014, 08:31 AM
Geez, the pic is from Walls personal twitter not the university.

McNeese72
January 24th, 2014, 08:32 AM

I think that would be okay, then.

Doc

katstrapper
January 24th, 2014, 08:56 AM

Not official until he signs on the dotted line.

SFA 93
January 27th, 2014, 08:03 PM
RB: Larry Rose III has committed to New Mexico State.

Samalum'10
January 28th, 2014, 09:12 AM
RB: Larry Rose III has committed to New Mexico State.
Talented young man, really wanted him at SHSU.

BEAR
January 28th, 2014, 09:57 AM
I can imagine all those kids with verbals to SLC schools that get offers from FBS schools will be recommitting. Sadly. UCA had one RB do that already.

McNeese75
January 28th, 2014, 03:12 PM
I can imagine all those kids with verbals to SLC schools that get offers from FBS schools will be recommitting. Sadly. UCA had one RB do that already.

It happens every year

BEAR
January 28th, 2014, 03:31 PM
It happens every year

Well, you know...UCA has been the tops in running stats for YEARS now... oh wait, nevermind..no biggie. xlolx

Catatonic
January 28th, 2014, 07:15 PM

ACU has been on Larry Rose for a year. Developed a relationship with the coaches and his family. His dad participated on our fan forum. Big school jumps in at the last minute and he is gone. Oh, well, we have commits from two of his Fairfield team mates.

SFA 93
January 28th, 2014, 07:45 PM
After committing to New Mexico State he said

"I want to do big things at New Mex St, I want people in Texas to ask how schools in Texas let me get away"

Hello Abilene Christian!

Catatonic
January 29th, 2014, 05:26 AM
After committing to New Mexico State he said

"I want to do big things at New Mex St, I want people in Texas to ask how schools in Texas let me get away"

Hello Abilene Christian!

Really. Thing is, New Mexico State is not exactly the "big time" We came within a play of beating them last year with D2 talent (we red shirted almost all of our first class recruited for D1). Anyway, hope Rose does great things for NMSU. Maybe he is just what they need to turn that program around.

Sammy94
January 29th, 2014, 07:57 AM
Talented young man, really wanted him at SHSU.

"I want to do big things at New Mexico State and I want people in Texas to ask how schools in Texas let me get away," Rose III added,

There must be a good reason SHSU didn't offer. Perhaps academics??

Sammy94
January 29th, 2014, 09:54 AM
ACU has been on Larry Rose for a year. Developed a relationship with the coaches and his family. His dad participated on our fan forum. Big school jumps in at the last minute and he is gone. Oh, well, we have commits from two of his Fairfield team mates.

Out of all the new schools entering into SLC play this year, I believe ACU will be the most challenging. That being said, I'm amazed ACU is recruiting so well because they have no shot at a playoff birth for a few years.

BEAR
January 29th, 2014, 01:16 PM
Out of all the new schools entering into SLC play this year, I believe ACU will be the most challenging. That being said, I'm amazed ACU is recruiting so well because they have no shot at a playoff birth for a few years.

UCA had the same problem. Remember 2006. Mostly until 2010 UCA had chances to win the conference yearly..except 2009 I believe. ACU WILL be a tough opponent no doubt. When I heard they were joining the conference, I was happy for Ken and our conference but I knew ACU was about to bring it.

Catatonic
January 29th, 2014, 01:27 PM
There must be a good reason SHSU didn't offer. Perhaps academics??

Nope. Good student. Must have been some other reason.

Catatonic
January 29th, 2014, 01:30 PM

Coaches have worked very hard to improve recruiting. S/O to those of you who switched coaches during recruiting season, too. The uncertainty has helped us. UIW and Houston Baptist benefited, too.

No playoff, for sure. We do have other selling points though. Recent success putting guys in the league. This class will have an opportunity to go to the playoffs as seniors or redshirt juniors. So building from the ground up has appealed to some. And the nation's number two ranked campus cafeteria has been mentioned by a couple of recruits xlolx

Catatonic
January 29th, 2014, 01:34 PM
UCA had the same problem. Remember 2006. Mostly until 2010 UCA had chances to win the conference yearly..except 2009 I believe. ACU WILL be a tough opponent no doubt. When I heard they were joining the conference, I was happy for Ken and our conference but I knew ACU was about to bring it.

Seems like I recall that since you couldn't go to the playoffs for a few years you scheduled a game or two against bigger schools in exotic locales like Hawaii? A really smart move, I thought. The prospect of playing in Troy, Alabama has not helped our recruiting much.

BEAR
January 29th, 2014, 03:11 PM
Seems like I recall that since you couldn't go to the playoffs for a few years you scheduled a game or two against bigger schools in exotic locales like Hawaii? A really smart move, I thought. The prospect of playing in Troy, Alabama has not helped our recruiting much.

Ahhhh yes, Hawaii. Another FBS game we SHOULD have won. Oh well, nice check. Crap it's expensive going from D2 to I

McNeese72
January 29th, 2014, 09:11 PM
Too much purple in this conference, imo!!!

<just kidding>
:D

Catatonic
January 30th, 2014, 07:40 AM
Too much purple in this conference, imo!!!

<just kidding>
:D

You right. SFA needs to find a new conference. xlolx

UCABEARS75
January 30th, 2014, 09:42 AM
You right. SFA needs to find a new conference. xlolx

SFA can't leave, they are the Crown Jewel of the SLC!

BEAR
January 30th, 2014, 11:33 AM
SFA can't leave, they are the Crown Jewel of the SLC!

Yeah, Climp Clunk said so! If Clink Clank hadn't said it, I wouldn't believe it! But since Crump Crank said it, IT IS SO! xbowx

SFA 93
January 30th, 2014, 07:09 PM
Sorry, SFA has seniority.

- - - Updated - - -

S/LB: B.J. Fashola 6-2; 200 Klein, Texas (Klein) 4.5 spd.
Offers from SFA, UTEP, Central Arkansas, Lamar, Montana State, interest from SMU, Houston

- 2013 First Team All-District (13-5A)

Committed to SFA

Catatonic
January 31st, 2014, 02:40 AM
)
Sometimes it works the other way round. ACU just flipped a Texas State commit, Dylan Douglass a 3 star(247) LB from Canyon. It didn't hurt that his girl friend goes to ACU.

lionsrking2
January 31st, 2014, 03:38 AM
)
Sometimes it works the other way round. ACU just flipped a Texas State commit, Dylan Douglass a 3 star(247) LB from Canyon. It didn't hurt that his girl friend goes to ACU.

Flipped him? Or did they drop him? Not saying there aren't individual circumstances where an FCS will straight up beat an FBS school, but it's extremely rare - girlfriends or not.

Catatonic
January 31st, 2014, 03:45 AM
Flipped him? Or did they drop him? Not saying there aren't individual circumstances where an FCS will straight up beat an FBS school, but it's extremely rare - girlfriends or not.

Agree it is rare. In this instance, however, flipped not dropped. We do have another commit who was dropped by A CUSA team but Douglass was one Tx State wanted.

Sammy94
January 31st, 2014, 07:59 AM
Not saying there aren't individual circumstances where an FCS will straight up beat an FBS school, but it's extremely rare - girlfriends or not.

Perhaps at SELA, Sam has a few every year. DB Alfonso McMillian (offers from North Texas and Washington State) is one so far this year. Recruits choose Sam over the low tier FBS schools (North TX, Texas St., UTSA, UTEP) all the time. I think our new coach is a much better recruiter so I expect us to get even more as time goes by. What is extremly rare is choosing a FCS school over a BCS school like A&M or Texas.

lionsrking2
January 31st, 2014, 11:48 AM
Perhaps at SELA, Sam has a few every year. DB Alfonso McMillian (offers from North Texas and Washington State) is one so far this year. Recruits choose Sam over the low tier FBS schools (North TX, Texas St., UTSA, UTEP) all the time. I think our new coach is a much better recruiter so I expect us to get even more as time goes by. What is extremly rare is choosing a FCS school over a BCS school like A&M or Texas.

You can count on one hand the number of FCS programs capable of "flipping" kids committed to FBS schools (usually lower level), on a relatively routine basis. There may be exceptions based on unique circumstances with a particular recruit, but the majority of the time, it's because the FBS school either dropped them, or there was never an offer in the first place.

Texas
January 31st, 2014, 04:08 PM
You can count on one hand the number of FCS programs capable of "flipping" kids committed to FBS schools (usually lower level), on a relatively routine basis. There may be exceptions based on unique circumstances with a particular recruit, but the majority of the time, it's because the FBS school either dropped them, or there was never an offer in the first place.

You seem bitter.

SFA 93
January 31st, 2014, 08:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=ql77M44JWYA

(20 total)

QB: Zach Conque 6-5; 230 Little Rock, Arkansas (Catholic/UTSA) ** (Rivals.com) #18 State; #79 QB (247sports)
Offers from UTSA, Central Arkansas, Tulsa, Toledo, Middle Tenn. State, interest from Arkansas State

- 1st Team All-State (7-A)
- Arkansas Gatorade Player of the Year Runner Up.
- Arkansas Player of the Year Finalist

TE: Will Taylor 6-4; 266 Euless, Texas (Trinity) ** (Rivals.com) #90 TE (247sports)
Offer from SFA

- 2013 Texas HS Football Top Offensive Players List (6-5A)
- 2013 Top 5 TE
- 1st Team All-District (6-5A)

S: Marlon Walls Jr. 5-11; 190 Pearland, Texas (Pearland) ** (Rivals.com) 4.5 spd.
Offers from SFA, Sam Houston State, Yale, New Mexico State, Navy, Henderson State, The Citadel, Memphis, Incarnate word, interest from Houston, Nebraska, LSU, Texas A&M, Texas

- 1st Team All-District (2013)
- 2013 Nike Combine Standout

WR/DB: Darrion Ardoin 6-2; 188 Missouri City, Texas (Elkins) ** (Rivals.com)
Offer from SFA, interest from Minnesota

- 2013 First Team All-District (23-5A)

- 2013 First Team All-District (8-5A); Centex Top 25 (#1 TE; #5 Prospect)
- 2012 Second Team All-Central Texas (Fullback/H-Back) (Blocking Grade: 94%)

RB: Cameron Washington 6-0; 195 Corsicana, Texas (Corsicana/Navarro College)
Offers from Lamar, Navarro College, UTSA, Angelo State

- Golden Circle Male Athlete of the Year
- 1st Team All-District (15-4A) (2012)
- 4A All-Area Team (2012)

DE: John Franklin 6-4; 240 Greenville, Texas (Greenville) 4.6 spd
Offers from SFA, Abilene Christian, Interest from Arkansas, TCU, SMU, Mississippi State, UTSA

- 2013 First Team All-District (13-4A)

LB: Allen Stewart 6-2; 200 Humble, Texas (Kingwood Park) 4.5 speed
Offers from SFA, Central Arkansas, Sam Houston State, Murray State, interest from Texas State

- 1st Team All-District (19-4A)
- East-West Shrine All-Star

S/LB: B.J. Fashola 6-2; 195 Klein, Texas (Klein) 4.5 spd.
Offers from SFA, UTEP, Central Arkansas, Lamar, Montana State, interest from SMU, Houston

- 2013 First Team All-District (13-5A)

Offer from SFA

- 2013 District Utility Player of the Year Award
- 2013 Silver Medal Winner (State Track Meet; Mile Relay)

WR/CB: Calvin Lewis Jr. 6-1; 175 Beaumont, Texas (Westbrook)
Offer from SFA

- 2013 First Team All-District (21-5A)

ATH: Jaidon Parrish 6-0; 195 Gilmer, Texas (Gilmer)
Offer from SFA

- 1st Team All-District at LB (16-3A)
- 2nd Team All-State

S: Ahmad Muhammad 6-0; 188 Plano, Texas (East)
Offer SFA​

- Blue - Grey All-American

DL/TE: Maurice Rivers 6-2; 225 Winona, Mississippi (Winona)
Offer from SFA

DL: LaMont Alexander 6-4; 245 Killeen, Texas (Killeen)
Offer from SFA

- 2013 Second Team All-District (8-5A)

DS/TE/C/DE: Chris Wilkerson 6-4; 215 Waller, Texas (Waller)
Offer from SFA​

WR: Dillion Williams 6-2; 195; JUCO
Offers from SFA, Arkansas-Monticello

2 more WRs and a DB

Catatonic
February 1st, 2014, 09:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&amp;v=ql77M44JWYA

Nice looking class. We wanted Clements. We were also after DE John Franklin. His twitter shows he is a SFA Commit, although he is not on your list.

SFA 93
February 1st, 2014, 09:31 AM
Didn't know that. Thanks

do you have a link?

We also got coach Chris Van Horn from New Hampshire to coach our DTs

BEAR
February 1st, 2014, 10:08 AM
I am so ready for SIGNING DAY!!! xbowxxhurrayx

Catatonic
February 1st, 2014, 10:13 AM
here ya go

https://twitter.com/johnfranklin91

Catatonic
February 1st, 2014, 10:16 AM
I am so ready for SIGNING DAY!!! xbowxxhurrayx

Me, too. I think our coaches are trying more to hold onto our commits instead of searching for new ones. Still have a couple of offers out but we are basically done.

SFA 93
February 1st, 2014, 10:46 AM
Thanks

updated now, that gives SFA 16 verbals so far.

fmrbearkat
February 1st, 2014, 06:40 PM
Thanks

updated now, that gives SFA 16 verbals so far.

Congrats on that one.... From the looks of his twitter he's an A+ citizen!!

SFA 93
February 1st, 2014, 07:01 PM
now up to 20 commits

BEAR
February 1st, 2014, 08:58 PM
I can imagine all the excitement Cronque will bring to the program as a winning coach. 20 recruits....nice!

BEAR
February 3rd, 2014, 12:51 PM
UCA recruiting so far: (thanks to TreyUCA on ucafans )

From what we can tell about positions, this is what it looks like.
QB - 1
RB - 2
WR - 3
TE - 3
OL - 3
ATH - 2
DT - 1
DE - 2
LB - 2
DB - 3
LS - 1
P - 1
K - 0

Arkansas - 6
Alabama - 3
California (JC) - 1
Florida - 1
Kansas (JC) - 1
Louisiana - 1
Missouri - 1
Mississippi - 6
North Carolina/Arkansas - 1
Tennessee - 1
Texas - 2

Catatonic
February 3rd, 2014, 03:29 PM
ACU. Expect to sign between 25-30. 3 JC and Transfer. The rest from HS

22 known commits so far. Of these,

5 are rated 3-Stars by at least one of the major services (Rivals, Scout, 247 or ESPN)
7 are 2-Star Recruits

We are loading up on Defense. Linebackers are all outstanding. DLine looks strong. On O, two-quality QB's who are expected to compete for the starting job this fall.

DL. 6
LB. 5
Db. 3
QB 2
RB 1
WR 2
OL 3

SFA 93
February 3rd, 2014, 06:18 PM
DB: Terry Ausborne 5-11; 165 Tyler, Texas (John Tyler)
(ACU commit)

Named to the 2013 East Texas Super Team (2nd Team)
TKL:82;INT:4

ATH: Jaidon Parrish 6-0; 195 Gilmer, Texas (Gilmer)
(SFA Commit)

- 1st Team All-District at LB (16-3A)
- 2nd Team All-State- East Texas Super Team (Honorable Mention)

Jimmie Houston (WR/DB), Sr., Hooks, 6-2, 175, committed to SFA — 8-2A D-I Utility Player of the Year … 51 tackles, 3 INTs, 1 defensive TD, 2 KO return TDs
- East Texas Super team (Honorable Mention)

SFA 93
February 4th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Central Arkansas commit DE: Shaquille Warren 6-4;230 (Chapel Hill) switches verbal to Louisiana-Monroe

SFA 93
February 4th, 2014, 02:35 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bfp0kjGCIAARdVq.jpg:large

UCABEARS75
February 4th, 2014, 04:26 PM
With only a few hours to go before signing day I guess we will all find out soon how recruiting went this year although as we all know it will be some months or years before we truly know how this year's class performs.

Catatonic
February 4th, 2014, 06:24 PM
With only a few hours to go before signing day I guess we will all find out soon how recruiting went this year although as we all know it will be some months or years before we truly know how this year's class performs.

We red shirted almost everyone from our first D1 class last year. Some of them will see the field for the first time this fall. Looking forward to seeing them in action.

Look for us to redshirt a bunch this year, too. So, yeah, it will be several years before we know for sure how well we did.

SFA 93
February 4th, 2014, 07:40 PM
Division I newbies getting some steals...

DT: Trae Gardner 6-1; 280 San Antonio, Texas (Roosevelt) ** (Rivals.com) ** (247sports) #120 DT (1st Team All-District)
Offers from SFA, Air Force, Central Arkansas, Houston Baptist

Verbal: Houston Baptist

RB: Xavier Turner 5-11; 205 Haltom City, Texas (Birdville) ** (Rivals) #94 RB (247Sports) *** (Scout) #52 RB
Offer from SFA, UTSA, Incarnate Word, Butler, West Texas A&M, Navarro interest from Minnesota and Oklahoma

Verbal: Incarnate Word

SFA 93
February 4th, 2014, 07:57 PM
QB: Cody Ennis 6-6; 230 San Antonio, Texas (James Madison) ** (Rivals.com) *** (247) #72 QB
Offers from Central Arkansas, Abilene Christian

Verbal: ACU

OL: Andrew Bluiett 6-4; 340 Beaumont, Texas (Westbrook) 2nd Team All-District (21-5A)
Offers from SFA, Central Arkansas, Northwestern State, Texas A&M-Commerce, interest from Alabama

Verbal: Northwestern State

SFA 93
February 4th, 2014, 08:13 PM
DE: Edwin Hooper 6-4; 255 Roseville, California (Sierra C.C.) ** (Rivals.com)
Offers from Central Arkansas, New Mexico State, Troy

Says it will be between UCA and Troy

BEAR
February 4th, 2014, 09:00 PM
UCA loses a Florida LB to Samford because his high school teammate plays there.

@shaheed_salmon come be a bulldog brus!!✊💯 you'll love it!! And it'll be 2 Pasco county athletes as true freshman!👌

BEAR
February 4th, 2014, 09:01 PM
DE: Edwin Hooper 6-4; 255 Roseville, California (Sierra C.C.) ** (Rivals.com)
Offers from Central Arkansas, New Mexico State, Troy

Says it will be between UCA and Troy

UCA or Troy? Make the right choice son! xthumbsupx

BEAR
February 4th, 2014, 09:09 PM
Central Arkansas commit DE: Shaquille Warren 6-4;230 (Chapel Hill) switches verbal to Louisiana-Monroe

ULM benefit huh? 18827
Must be nice to have a ULM supporter use his company to influence a prospect like that. Notice the ULM badge? Violation? xlolx Sitting in duck commanders chair.

gobears14
February 4th, 2014, 11:04 PM
UCA recruiting so far: (thanks to TreyUCA on ucafans )

From what we can tell about positions, this is what it looks like.
QB - 1
RB - 2
WR - 3
TE - 3
OL - 3
ATH - 2
DT - 1
DE - 2
LB - 2
DB - 3
LS - 1
P - 1
K - 0

Arkansas - 6
Alabama - 3
California (JC) - 1
Florida - 1
Kansas (JC) - 1
Louisiana - 1
Missouri - 1
Mississippi - 6
North Carolina/Arkansas - 1
Tennessee - 1
Texas - 2

Good to see so many home grown kids on there. Seems like we had more out of state players starting than in-state guys the past few years

Also figured we'd get a lot of MS guys with Campbell's connections...saw where he's bringing his leading rusher from last year with him. The unique situation of hiring a guy from juco and him taking his players with him lol