PDA

View Full Version : Let's have everyone's very early Final Four

GSU Eagle
June 16th, 2005, 12:05 PM
Here we sit about 6 weeks before practice starts for most teams, so the season is slowly getting here.

My semifinalists right now are:
Montana
Delaware
Furman
Georgia Southern

Not many surprises here at all.

ChickenMan
June 16th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Here we sit about 6 weeks before practice starts for most teams, so the season is slowly getting here.

My semifinalists right now are:
Montana
Delaware
Furman
Georgia Southern

Not many surprises here at all.

The usual suspects... but I have a feeling that a couple of surprise schools
(who... I have no idea) will be in that final four...

ISUMatt
June 16th, 2005, 12:22 PM
Georgia Southern
Western Kentucky
Montana
New Hampshire

Tribe4SF
June 16th, 2005, 12:38 PM
No surprises from me, either.

EWU
Furman
UMass
LaSalle

Oh that's right, you'll need 7 div. I wins and LaSalle only plays 7, so they won't qualify. OK, put JMU in there.

GannonFan
June 16th, 2005, 12:47 PM
I don't see the A10 being able to keep up with the past 2 years of very high success - mine are:

Georgia Southern
Western Kentucky
Furman
Montana (I would've said EWU but until someone from that conference shows me they can actually have playoff success other than Montana I'm sticking with them - it's been a long time since Boise St that a non-Grizzly team represented the conference well)

saint0917
June 16th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Eastern Washigton
Montana
Umass
Furman

Tribe4SF
June 16th, 2005, 12:58 PM
Eastern Washigton
Montana
Umass
Furman

Hey, how about a little love here!!! I put UMass in mine....why isn't the Tribe in yours? :confused: :( :confused:

saint0917
June 16th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Hey, how about a little love here!!! I put UMass in mine....why isn't the Tribe in yours? :confused: :( :confused:

I have the Tribe 5th :D

89Hen
June 16th, 2005, 02:06 PM
Delaware
UNH
JMU
W&M

OL FU
June 16th, 2005, 02:10 PM
UNC
Duke
Arizona
Illinois

WMTribe90
June 16th, 2005, 02:59 PM
Furman and Montana are the only two I feel pretty good about at this point.

After FU and Montana I'd say two of the following in order of probability.

JMU
WKU
UMass
UNI
GSU
EWU
UD
Northwestern St.
WM
SIU
UNH

I know its a weak response, but I don't see any clear favorites within the above list at this time.

EagleCrusade
June 16th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Maine
New Hampshire
Villanova
Savannah State
Hofstra

TheValleyRaider
June 16th, 2005, 04:58 PM
Furman
UNI
UNH
EWU

SeattleGriz
June 16th, 2005, 10:41 PM
Montana
Furman
New Hampshire
EWU

umassfan
June 16th, 2005, 10:58 PM
UMass
UMass
UMass
UMass

oh wait you mean 4 different teams ;)

TheBisonator
June 16th, 2005, 11:05 PM
In no particular order:

Northern Iowa
Furman
Delaware
Montana

HensRock
June 17th, 2005, 07:38 AM
UMass
UMass
UMass
UMass

oh wait you mean 4 different teams ;)

Dude, You never disappoint me. Keep up the good work! :)

txstman
June 17th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Eastern Washington
Southern Illinois
UMass
Cal Poly

My dark horse for the fourth slot, and I am not biased or anything....Texas State.

ChickenMan
June 17th, 2005, 12:51 PM
I wonder how many votes JMU and W&M would have received... if this same question had been posed in June of last year...???

umassfan
June 17th, 2005, 12:52 PM
I wonder how many votes JMU and W&M would have received... if this same question had been posed in June of last year...???

colgate13
June 17th, 2005, 01:19 PM
Which is exactly why I'll say:

NW State
Hofstra
EWU
Bucknell

Hey, why not? I figure Bucknell's still hot from their basketball upset and they suprise everyone this year. :nod: :nod: :nod: or not! :o

McNeese75
June 17th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Furman
GSU
Northern Iowa
EWU

wkuhillhound
June 17th, 2005, 01:59 PM
If my alma mater did not make the Final Four it would be.....

Furman
Northwestern State
Northern Iowa (getting stronger by the day it seems like)
Eastern Washington

Down with the Foe!
June 17th, 2005, 02:13 PM
Furman
EWU
UNI
Montana

Go Griz!

mainejeff
June 18th, 2005, 02:46 PM
Furman
JMU
Maine
Montana

GrizzlyEdd
June 18th, 2005, 03:02 PM
EWU is going to be tough this year solely because of their offense. They will have one of the best offenses in the Nation. Their defense will be suspect. The Griz have EWU at Washington Grizzly Stadium this year. The Griz have an awesome O-line coming back. An All-American RB, an All-American calibur WR, Two very capable (contrary to popular belief) QB's, A defense that took the Griz to the NC game last year that will be back with a very few exceptions.

Like what has been said before in this thread, the playoff's for the BSC goes through Missoula, MT.... It will be won or lost there. My predictions is that the Griz will beat EWU by 10 at home. When the Griz get into the playoffs for a record 14th straight year, the road to the NC game will again go through Washington Grizzly Stadium (I know, that there are very few teams that want to think of having to come to Montana for a playoff game.... sorry, it really is a great friendly place... well to your fans anyway);)

So, I do see that EWU will probably make the playoffs as either a at large birth or co-champion with the Griz...

Furman
Delaware or JMU
EWU or GA Southern
Montana

:D

Lapper
June 18th, 2005, 05:15 PM
Furman
EWU
JMU
UNI

ATrain
June 19th, 2005, 09:09 PM
GSU
W&M
EWU
Deleware

Go...gate
June 19th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Delaware
Furman
Eastern Washington
Georgia Southern

umassfan
June 19th, 2005, 10:32 PM
I should start a thread for team who everyone thinks will do good and wont!... Number 1 on that list will be Delaware. Dont know how everyone thinks a team who loses half their starters will make the final 4. :confused:

Tribe4SF
June 20th, 2005, 06:23 AM
If you listen to Delaware fans who know their stuff, they recognize the challenges their team faces this year. With their key skill people returning, they have the potential to be very good if their o-line and defensive questions are answered successfully. Those putting them in the final four at this point are doing so based on history rather than knowledge of the players who will step up this year. Those listing W&M as a final four are probably just looking at # of returnees and assuming new QB will be good as usual. History is also behind the projections for GSU and Montana. People think GSU will find a d-line and that Montana will find a QB.

MR. CHICKEN
June 20th, 2005, 06:50 AM
EASTERN WASHINGTON
JAMES MADISON
MONTANA
WILLIAM & MARY

:nod::rotateh::nod::rotateh::nod::bow::nod::rotate h::nod:

MR. CHICKEN
June 20th, 2005, 06:55 AM
JAMES MADISON
EASTERN WASHINGTON
MONTANA
FURMAN

:nod::rotateh::nod::bow::nod::rotateh::nod:

OL FU
June 20th, 2005, 07:26 AM
I should start a thread for team who everyone thinks will do good and wont!... Number 1 on that list will be Delaware. Dont know how everyone thinks a team who loses half their starters will make the final 4. :confused:

Furman loses close to one-half of its starters and I think a final four appearance is very probable.

GannonFan
June 20th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Furman loses close to one-half of its starters and I think a final four appearance is very probable.

Ah, don't worry too much about umassfan - on two topics he's clearly irrational - UMass football and Delaware football. And yes, Furman should be quite good even with the abundance of starters lost from last year's team. Got to go to Statesboro, though, correct?

FU97
June 20th, 2005, 09:36 AM
That is correct. We have to go to GSU, which could decide the SoCon champ. We do get Hofstra, Appy and Woffy at home. Going to Cullowee as the 2nd game of the season isn't going to be fun. We also got to Jax St. I could conceivably see us undefeated going to Statesboro. I think we would be "favored" in every game up to that point.

blukeys
June 20th, 2005, 10:17 AM
You are right. Delaware will probably be terrible and has no business being considered a final 4 team. Judging by History They really only have a chance for winning one game and that will be November 5th at Newark. :D :D

Tod
June 20th, 2005, 01:48 PM
1 from the A-10
1 from the SoCon
1 from the Gateway
1 from the Big Sky

:D