PDA

View Full Version : It's early, but JMU vs. Richmond should be good...

JMUfan2008
October 14th, 2006, 04:57 PM
JMU - 52 NU - 14
UR - 12 NU - 7

UR - 17 UNH - 27
JMU - 42 UNH - 23

JMU - 35 URI - 23
UR - 31 URI - 6

gonna be a great game...should be a LOT of JMU faithful at the game too, tons of alumni in Richmond and close enough that a lot of students will make the trip

DTSpider
October 14th, 2006, 05:04 PM
We've got to take care of UD next week before even being able to think about JMU on the 28th.

W&M has been awful, but they always seem to play well against JMU. Could be the classic definition of a trap game.

However, assuming both UR & JMU play like they are capable of...the 28th is setting up to be a huge date. It's homecoming for UR so that should help add to the atmosphere. Game doesn't start until late so plenty of time for tailgating. The JMU-UR game is always hard fought and tough. Considering the number of recruits who have flip-flopped between the programs doesn't take away from the intensity either. Just hope that there is no need for pudding this year :smiley_wi

RadMann
October 14th, 2006, 06:15 PM
UR should roll over UD......

Tod
October 14th, 2006, 06:25 PM
UR should roll over UD......

I don't know that I'd make that assumption...

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 14th, 2006, 08:16 PM
Yes, waaaaaaaayyy too early to start talking about this highly anticipated match up. I really hope our guys don't take W&M lightly, rivals will be rivals no matter what the teams are like the rest of the year.

DB_Atlantic10
October 14th, 2006, 08:20 PM
JMU - 52 NU - 14
UR - 12 NU - 7

UR - 17 UNH - 27
JMU - 42 UNH - 23

JMU - 35 URI - 23
UR - 31 URI - 6

gonna be a great game...should be a LOT of JMU faithful at the game too, tons of alumni in Richmond and close enough that a lot of students will make the trip

Is that normal to play almost the exact same non divisional games...

You left out the VMI game.......

URI -56 VMI-7
JMU-35 VMI-7....

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 14th, 2006, 08:29 PM
Is that normal to play almost the exact same non divisional games...

You left out the VMI game.......

URI -56 VMI-7
JMU-35 VMI-7....

One GLARING exception there. Duke ain't no App St., at least not in football, that's for sure! :cool:

Dukes_Bando
October 14th, 2006, 10:18 PM

Reliable source says the entire compliment of MRD's will be in attendance for the game...:hurray: :hurray: :hurray:

DTSpider
October 15th, 2006, 11:50 AM
Interesting quote from URI coach Stowers:

Said Stowers, whose team fell 35-23 at James Madison last weekend: "I'm not so sure James Madison doesn't have more talent up front, but as far as being at the right place at the right time, they are football players on [Richmond's defense]. That's the difference between the two."

PaladinFan
October 15th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Transitivity doesn't work in football.

JMU annhiliates #1 UNH. App State destroys JMU. Should we just go ahead and give the title back to ASU?

th0m
October 15th, 2006, 12:03 PM

JMU annhiliates #1 UNH. App State destroys JMU. Should we just go ahead and give the title back to ASU?

App State beat JMU. They hardly destroyed us.

JMUfan2008
October 15th, 2006, 12:11 PM

I agree completely, I just think it's interesting to see how they've stacked up against common competition. I thought it helped make the point that it is going to be a fairly even game and definitely one of the more interesting ones of the year for us.

JMUfan2008
October 15th, 2006, 12:13 PM
App State beat JMU. They hardly destroyed us.

Agreed. Had a couple plays gone the other way (the no-flag interception and triple fumble that we were too dumb to fall on) it would have been a much more interesting game. We probably still would have lost but it would have been much closer. "destroyed" is a harsh term.