PDA

View Full Version : The FCS Playoffs - The Best kind of Football

IBleedYellow
December 18th, 2013, 09:58 PM
No matter how much we all bicker and complain to each other, no matter how many times you jerks (sarcasm mofos!) brought up East Coast Bias or Southern Speed, at the end of the day the FCS is the best place to watch great football be played. These playoffs allow each fanbase to see new teams, meet new people, and share drinks with new friends! I still remember a good friend being bought a shot from some great CCU fans just last week from across the bar, next thing we knew they were taking pictures with us and K-State Kid.

There really isn't any other football that compares to the FCS at the college level, it is the best football when it comes to a playoff format. I obviously am too young to have been able to attend the great NDSU games when we were DII, but I firmly believe that we were in the wrong conference then. This division has the best parallelism between the conferences, many people love to rib each other about East Coast vs West Coast teams, but in the end of the day, we ALWAYS have our Champions decided on the field. There is nothing better that can be said than a Champion that has been EARNED, not given.

Here's to another year of great football!

dewey
December 18th, 2013, 10:25 PM
That was F'ing beautiful man! I love meeting other fans and having some good light hearted conversation about football with some, possibly quite a few, drinks.

Dewey

BisonFan02
December 18th, 2013, 10:33 PM
#ChuckthePigskin

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n610/brhalvors8188/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20131213_204851_140.jpg

Hammerhead
December 18th, 2013, 11:10 PM
I get tired of sports talk radio when they go on and on about who deserves to be in the BCS championship game or if Ohoio State is better than Alabama. I guess a 4-team playoff is better than picking two which didn't work out so well last year.

Missingnumber7
December 19th, 2013, 12:35 PM
The four team playoff will be just as flawed as the current system. In fact this year it would be messed up...Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, and Mich ST or OSU. Or take a year when the Big 12 has an 2 1 loss teams, plus the usual SEC cluster and then add a dominant B1G team (I try to say that with a straight face) and you are still leaving out a Pac 12 and ACC team.

Each Major conference should get their champion in, SEC, ACC, BIG 12, B1G, Pac 12, AAC, and that leaves space for 2 at larges. And you still have people left out.

All Conf championships have to be done week 1 of Dec, Week 2 is round of 16, week 3 is round of 8 week between chrismas and newyears is semis and the monday after new years is championship. You can still have bowl games sprinkled in week days instead of friday saturdays. And no playoff games on new years eve or new years day leave those two days for bowl games for the little men of the poor.

But it won't happen for several reasons:

1. Not enough advertising dollars to continue smaller bowls and do this, it will suck up 99% of the advertising revenue.
2. Adding to many games for NCAA to buy off on allowing this to happen...the plus one is even causing them to cringe.
3. Little conferences become irrelevent, or less relevant than they already are. What would happen today if there was an undefeated Sun Belt team...left behind.
4. Revenue sharing issue becomes even greater and will become an issue similar to what lead to the 7 year wait for MBB to move up.

darell1976
December 19th, 2013, 12:59 PM
The four team playoff will be just as flawed as the current system. In fact this year it would be messed up...Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, and Mich ST or OSU. Or take a year when the Big 12 has an 2 1 loss teams, plus the usual SEC cluster and then add a dominant B1G team (I try to say that with a straight face) and you are still leaving out a Pac 12 and ACC team.

Each Major conference should get their champion in, SEC, ACC, BIG 12, B1G, Pac 12, AAC, and that leaves space for 2 at larges. And you still have people left out.

All Conf championships have to be done week 1 of Dec, Week 2 is round of 16, week 3 is round of 8 week between chrismas and newyears is semis and the monday after new years is championship. You can still have bowl games sprinkled in week days instead of friday saturdays. And no playoff games on new years eve or new years day leave those two days for bowl games for the little men of the poor.

But it won't happen for several reasons:

1. Not enough advertising dollars to continue smaller bowls and do this, it will suck up 99% of the advertising revenue.
2. Adding to many games for NCAA to buy off on allowing this to happen...the plus one is even causing them to cringe.
3. Little conferences become irrelevent, or less relevant than they already are. What would happen today if there was an undefeated Sun Belt team...left behind.
4. Revenue sharing issue becomes even greater and will become an issue similar to what lead to the 7 year wait for MBB to move up.

This!

Hammerhead
December 19th, 2013, 04:25 PM
Are you saying that the NCAA doesn't want FBS teams playing more than 2 post-season games? (A conference championship and/or bowl game)

If so, why do they have playoffs for every other level of football?

The four team playoff will be just as flawed as the current system.

Bisonoline
December 19th, 2013, 05:21 PM
The FCS play off experience is awesome. Cant think of anything better!!!!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 19th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Good post IBY.

FCS football is the best!

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 20th, 2013, 10:06 AM
I heart K-State kid..................................that sign is epic

Texas
December 20th, 2013, 10:09 AM
You forgot to add Montana Cold with Southern Speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

JimboCBA72
December 20th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Great post IBY. I can only hope my Fordham Rams can continue the turnaround that started in '12 and flourished this year. I am constantly telling anyone who will listen in this pro sports centric town that this level of football is top notch, played by outstanding athletes, many of whom could, and have, played at FBS schools. For sports fans in the tri-state area there is no better value for the $. I enjoyed meeting the folks from SHU and Towson and I hope to someday have the pleasure of bending an elbow with others on this board.

blueballs
December 20th, 2013, 05:08 PM
The title of the thread says it all... so many wonderful memories of GSU's playoff runs and I met fans from every corner of the country.

bojeta
December 20th, 2013, 07:01 PM
This is FUNNY!!! I hope someone posts that on that Kansas State fan's site. You know... the one that made the obnoxious video, and then went silent!! lol

#ChuckthePigskin

http://i1142.photobucket.com/albums/n610/brhalvors8188/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20131213_204851_140.jpg