PDA

View Full Version : Yale 26 Lehigh 20, final

Lehigh Football Nation
October 14th, 2006, 02:57 PM
I don't want to aanything away from Yale here - they are a good team and played a good game and deserved to beat us. But I am apoplectic on Lehigh's performance in OT here.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

Congratulations, Yale.

GOTOREROS
October 14th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Didn't San Diego beat Yale 43-17? And Yale beat Lehigh 26-20. I wish people would stop talking about San Diego having a chance to compete with I-AA powerhouses like those teams....xlolx

GOTOREROS

hawkineer
October 14th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Didn't San Diego beat Yale 43-17? And Yale beat Lehigh 26-20. I wish people would stop talking about San Diego having a chance to compete with I-AA powerhouses like those teams....xlolx

GOTOREROS
LU stinks is far from being a 1-AA powerhouse. What's really sad is what is going to happen to the team that "wins" the Patriot League in the playoffs.: smh : : smh : : smh :

GOTOREROS
October 14th, 2006, 03:25 PM
Wow - maybe they should award the auto bid from the Patriot League to some other conference...sorry to hear about the Lehigh football program's demise. :eek:

GOTOREROS

cosmo here
October 14th, 2006, 03:46 PM
Wow - maybe they should award the auto bid from the Patriot League to some other conference...sorry to hear about the Lehigh football program's demise. :eek:

GOTOREROS

Please stop hijacking other team's threads with your San Diego bull*****. Congratulations, you beat Yale.

ngineer
October 14th, 2006, 09:31 PM

GOTOREROS

In no way can one think of a 'program's demise'. For the entire PL it's turning into 'one of those years' when everyone has been unable to reload from last year. Everyone of Lehigh's games this year has been unbearably close--each once down to the wire. Most of these losses are against very good teams and Lehigh just isn't good enough this year to win the close games. I don't think our coaching staff has 'it' together yet as a staff. There was a lot of confusion out there today on defense when Yale was ready to snap the ball. Clearly an indicator that the players don't know what they're supposed to be doing all the time, or the coaches are late in calling in the sets. The season is still salvageable, but there is no room for error for anyone anymore.

bulldog10jw
October 14th, 2006, 09:38 PM
Anyone attend the game? I would be interested in impressions of the "refurbished" Yale Bowl since I won't make it back there this year.

Harvard Worship
October 14th, 2006, 09:57 PM
Yeesh I'd hate to be a Yale fan & have to keep hearing about San Diego 5 weeks later in the season. It's like being a Cal fan and having nobody stop pestering you about Tennessee even though you've absolutely blown out everybody since. (Well--sorta like that).
At least we can now say this much: if you want to see a close, competitive football game this year, try to attend a Lehigh game. (Unless you're a Lehigh fan, that is).
McLeod looks good. I don't see how we can outdo the H-Y epic from last year, but THE GAME is looking more enticing every week.

bulldog10jw
October 14th, 2006, 10:08 PM
Yeesh I'd hate to be a Yale fan & have to keep hearing about San Diego 5 weeks later in the season.

We've moved on. After all, that game is not going affect our chances to make the playoffs.;)

I actually enjoy all the back and forth between USD fans and everyone else.

blukeys
October 14th, 2006, 10:36 PM

GOTOREROS

Then actually get off your lazy *sses and apply for an autobid from your conference!!!!!!!:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: So far your conference has not even lifted a finger to fill out the paper work!!!!!!!!!!:p :p :p :p :p :p :p So until they actually do so why not hold your tongue or at least confine your verbal inadequacies to another thread.

Lehigh has been a quality football program for 135 years. Every now and then they have had off years. Something your team has had regularly before Harbaugh arrived. If you want to Smack the PL, there is ample space on the Smack thread.

Step1. Start the thread

Step2. Post your comments

Step 3. Wait for the inevitable:spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: :spank:

blukeys
October 14th, 2006, 10:39 PM
In no way can one think of a 'program's demise'. For the entire PL it's turning into 'one of those years' when everyone has been unable to reload from last year. Everyone of Lehigh's games this year has been unbearably close--each once down to the wire. Most of these losses are against very good teams and Lehigh just isn't good enough this year to win the close games. I don't think our coaching staff has 'it' together yet as a staff. There was a lot of confusion out there today on defense when Yale was ready to snap the ball. Clearly an indicator that the players don't know what they're supposed to be doing all the time, or the coaches are late in calling in the sets. The season is still salvageable, but there is no room for error for anyone anymore.

Lehigh will be back although I thought Lembo was nowhere as bad a coach as the Allentown contingent made him out to be. Lehigh and Georgia Southern are both in transition. Does anyone think they will be out of it forever?????????????

ngineer
October 14th, 2006, 10:46 PM
Anyone attend the game? I would be interested in impressions of the "refurbished" Yale Bowl since I won't make it back there this year.

I attended. My first trip to the bowl, so I cannot compare to the 'old furbishings'; however, from what I've been told the seats are fine. All benches with backs, which is nice. Benches tilt backward, which is interesting. Seems like there is a vinyl coating on the benches, though they feel like wood.
Strange layout with having to leave the stadium to go to the concession stands and rest rooms. Beautiful setting, and the weather was excellent. Only the football sucked.:(

LeopardFan04
October 14th, 2006, 10:47 PM
wow...tough game fellas...tough weekend and a tough season too...Lehigh'll be back they're just obnoxious like that ;) ...but seriously, there's a very good possibility that the PL champ could make the playoffs with a 6-5 record...:bang:

bulldog10jw
October 14th, 2006, 10:57 PM
I attended. My first trip to the bowl, so I cannot compare to the 'old furbishings'; however, from what I've been told the seats are fine. All benches with backs, which is nice. Benches tilt backward, which is interesting. Seems like there is a vinyl coating on the benches, though they feel like wood.
Strange layout with having to leave the stadium to go to the concession stands and rest rooms. Beautiful setting, and the weather was excellent. Only the football sucked.:(

Back in the day they would have vendors go through the stands selling concessions, but with 10-20k per game, I guess it is no longer worth it.

Maybe they still do it for Harvard. I don't know. My last Y-H game was 1989.

Thanks for your input.

ngineer
October 14th, 2006, 11:05 PM
wow...tough game fellas...tough weekend and a tough season too...Lehigh'll be back they're just obnoxious like that ;) ...but seriously, there's a very good possibility that the PL champ could make the playoffs with a 6-5 record...:bang:

Very true. PLus, I think we could well have multiple co-champs. I see know one who has learned how to win tough games, yet. Coen's "honeymoon" will be over with this debacle. The team looked unprepared, confused, and still shoots itself in the foot. Next week is a must win....for more reasons than one.:mad:

GOTOREROS
October 15th, 2006, 01:54 AM
OK, by the way I love your Michigan helmet avatar...

Thanks for advice...

GOTOREROS

cosmo here
October 15th, 2006, 07:26 AM
OK, by the way I love your Michigan helmet avatar...

Thanks for advice...

GOTOREROS

Blukeys has a Delaware helmet . . they won the I-AA championship in 2003. :rolleyes: It's a different shade of blue than Michigan's.

GOTOREROS
October 15th, 2006, 09:19 AM
Blukeys has a Delaware helmet . . they won the I-AA championship in 2003. :rolleyes: It's a different shade of blue than Michigan's.

Really? It looks exactly the same as Michigans. Why would they rip off the Wolverines helmet? A different shade of blue? Why not use another color so it doesn't look like same?

I hope you're figuring out that I am being sarcastic.....I have been laying it on pretty thick...

GOTOREROS

LeopardFan04
October 15th, 2006, 09:41 AM
Really? It looks exactly the same as Michigans. Why would they rip off the Wolverines helmet? A different shade of blue? Why not use another color so it doesn't look like same?

I hope you're figuring out that I am being sarcastic.....I have been laying it on pretty thick...

GOTOREROS

If you want to get technical Michigan took them from Princeton...

GOTOREROS
October 15th, 2006, 10:10 AM
If you want to get technical Michigan took them from Princeton...

Right, and changed the colors.......:rolleyes:

GOTOREROS

cosmo here
October 15th, 2006, 10:37 AM

GOTOREROS

If they used another color, they wouldn't be the Blue Hens :confused:

GOTOREROS
October 15th, 2006, 10:49 AM
If they used another color, they wouldn't be the Blue Hens :confused:

OK, I concede. Good point....

GOTOREROS