PDA

View Full Version : Delaware's best recruit ever!

blukeys
December 17th, 2013, 11:17 PM
I don't care if this Kid ever plays a down for UD (http://video.foxnews.com/v/2938489656001). If there is a dictionary definition of total class act, his picture should be there. For fair warning, if you are such a liberal bigot that you can't watch anything from Fox News then you need to avoid this video.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2938489656001

frozennorth
December 17th, 2013, 11:18 PM
I don't care if this Kid ever plays a down for UD (http://video.foxnews.com/v/2938489656001). If there is a dictionary definition of total class act, his picture should be there. For fair warning, if you are such a liberal bigot that you can't watch anything from Fox News then you need to avoid this video.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/2938489656001
ah, a bias toward reality is now bigotry

Grizzlies82
December 17th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Congrats to young Mr. Jefferson. A quality man. I wish him the best in life.

ThompsonThe
December 18th, 2013, 04:12 AM
Congratulations to Delaware. They have a good man there. Exemplifies what Americans should be.
That's why I went to App State. Find a lot of good people there like that.
Everyone should be like the young man, would be a much better world.

CFBfan
December 18th, 2013, 05:31 AM
very refreshing

CFBfan
December 18th, 2013, 05:33 AM

yeah...just like a bias towards common sense is now racism, apparently your brain is waht's frozen up north

PAllen
December 18th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Good on him, and good on UD for offering him a scholarship that let's him stay close to home.

SU DOG
December 18th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Great story - thanks for posting. Wish him the best of luck with the Hens.

blukeys
December 18th, 2013, 08:36 AM

Thanks for proving my point that the liberal bigotry against Fox News is just that.

Most regular and decent people would actually have a comment on the quality of a young athlete who does daily care of an invalid mother who has suffered from MS for 11 years. You have just demonstrated that liberals are incapable of seeing anything other than political terms.

Twentysix
December 18th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Thanks for proving my point that the liberal bigotry against Fox News is just that.

Most regular and decent people would actually have a comment on the quality of a young athlete who does daily care of an invalid mother who has suffered from MS for 11 years. You have just demonstrated that liberals are incapable of seeing anything other than political terms.

A preface that involved political terms clearly incited the comment. It was certainly one of those, get what you want out of a survey, type setups.

blukeys
December 18th, 2013, 08:57 AM
A preface that involved political terms clearly incited the comment. It was certainly one of those, get what you want out of a survey, type setups.

The preface is based on experience. I have dealt with the narrow minded on this issue too many times to mention. They refuse to watch a story on Fox although the story was originally published in the New York Times.

I incited nothing. I gave fair warning to the anti-Fox bigots.

PhillyApp1
December 18th, 2013, 08:59 AM
That mom has passed on her gift of grace to her son who is mature beyond his age. Delaware will be enriched by his admissions. And i do agree that APP State has many similar stories of student-athletes who understand the value of an education and the gifts/blessings they have on the field. I will add that i remember when APP played Delaware in the championship game in Chattanooga there was a pregame service that almost all APP players attended and just a few Delaware players attended. Having a grounded person on Delaware's team will definitely be a gift.

Congrats to Delaware and to Quai...his future is bright

Bisonator
December 18th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Nice story and great kid. Thanks for posting.

tomq04
December 18th, 2013, 09:08 AM
i wish i didn't cry at stupid **** like this. Great kid.

TU Tiger Town
December 18th, 2013, 09:24 AM

You could have just posted the story sans comment, if people then complain about Fox News it would been their fault for derailing the discussion from the heart warming story. However, your side comment in the OP obviously distracts from that purpose and invites political debate, you can't expect to toss out "liberal bigot" and not have others comment on that, as some would say 'them be fightin' words.

blukeys
December 18th, 2013, 09:25 AM
i wish i didn't cry at stupid **** like this. Great kid.

If you don't need a hanky after seeing this video, then you have no soul.

HenZoneNation
December 18th, 2013, 09:32 AM
He's a great kid...and man can he play. His team finished #1 in NJ against some incredible schools. This kid can flat out play. scored four TD's in the state final game...Brings talent and a positive environment to the locker room. Hope we hang on to him.

Twentysix
December 18th, 2013, 09:42 AM
The preface is based on experience. I have dealt with the narrow minded on this issue too many times to mention. They refuse to watch a story on Fox although the story was originally published in the New York Times.

I incited nothing. I gave fair warning to the anti-Fox bigots.

Don't become a pollster, you clearly don't have the slightest clue how wording works.

Inflamatory language. That is all.

SingForever
December 18th, 2013, 09:49 AM
We're supposed to be talking football here. Keep your political crap off of this board.

blukeys
December 18th, 2013, 09:50 AM
You could have just posted the story sans comment, if people then complain about Fox News it would been their fault for derailing the discussion from the heart warming story. However, your side comment in the OP obviously distracts from that purpose and invites political debate, you can't expect to toss out "liberal bigot" and have others comment on that, as some would say 'them be fightin' words.

Again, I was giving fair warning to those who are too bigoted to even switch to the Fox channel.

There are certainly some liberals who watched this video. I wanted as many people to see this story as possible.

There are enough liberal bigots out there who would ignore this story solely because it was on FOX. I challenged them to overcome their hatred of people like Sean Hannity to actually just watch the story and judge the story on its own merits.

I have been very successful in exposing liberal bigotry. I was looking for viewership of the post because I believe it is a great story on how young men should behave.

I know, from past experience, that some liberals would not view the video because Fox originated the Video. Those who objected are demonstrating just who they are.

Liberals who will not watch a video, that has no political implications whatsoever solely because Fox is the source, are in fact bigots. I stand by my remarks, if you liked the video then my remarks were not meant for you.

TU Tiger Town
December 18th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Fair enough. Nice to see a good story about a football player, too often it is the knuckleheads who make the news after they do something dumb and end up giving a bad name to the rest of the players, who are mostly good people.

blukeys
December 18th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Fair enough. Nice to see a good story about a football player, too often it is the knuckleheads who make the news after they do something dumb and end up giving a bad name to the rest of the players, who are mostly good people.

I agree 100%. I also think we should recognize that a mother like this can inspire a son. I was lucky enough to meet Dr. Ben Carson whose mother was the driving force to his success.

There are a certain percentage of narrow minded people who I wanted to challenge into watching the video. Those who did that do not care for fox News get my kudos.

blukeys
December 18th, 2013, 11:21 AM
That mom has passed on her gift of grace to her son who is mature beyond his age. Delaware will be enriched by his admissions. And i do agree that APP State has many similar stories of student-athletes who understand the value of an education and the gifts/blessings they have on the field. I will add that i remember when APP played Delaware in the championship game in Chattanooga there was a pregame service that almost all APP players attended and just a few Delaware players attended. Having a grounded person on Delaware's team will definitely be a gift.

Congrats to Delaware and to Quai...his future is bright

I don't know what to say about the pregame service. If you keep in mind the UD experience from that year, it was lots of travel, then getting snowed in in places like Northern Iowa. I don't know how many UD players were even aware of the service. With all of the issues just getting to Chatty, I don't know how the UD staff would make it a priority.

Regarding your main point, and that is, there are plenty of student athletes who have the qualities of Quai Jefferson throughout this nation. That is the reason for my post.

Am I pleased that a young man of this character chose UD? Of course I am. But, his story is the allegory for all of the student athletes who attend our schools.

We need to emphasize the quality of individuals who play for and attend our schools.

We have in our society a segment who want to tear down athletic programs for their own political agendas. These people emphasize the immature behavior of a small segment of athletes in order to end the athletic programs (primarily football).

This Fox News segment was in no doubt inspired by a local news story in Northern Jersey, where this young man and his mother reside. Sadly, I don't believe it would have been picked up nationally if the player and his mother lived in Boone.

hebmskebm
December 18th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Again, I was giving fair warning to those who are too bigoted to even switch to the Fox channel.

There are certainly some liberals who watched this video. I wanted as many people to see this story as possible.

There are enough liberal bigots out there who would ignore this story solely because it was on FOX. I challenged them to overcome their hatred of people like Sean Hannity to actually just watch the story and judge the story on its own merits.

I have been very successful in exposing liberal bigotry. I was looking for viewership of the post because I believe it is a great story on how young men should behave.

I know, from past experience, that some liberals would not view the video because Fox originated the Video. Those who objected are demonstrating just who they are.

Liberals who will not watch a video, that has no political implications whatsoever solely because Fox is the source, are in fact bigots. I stand by my remarks, if you liked the video then my remarks were not meant for you.

You could have done all that without using an inflammatory term like "liberal bigot". I really doubt anyone here wouldn't watch the video just because it originated with Fox News. But if you thought that some might, you could have just said "Hey guys, here's a really great video about a wonderful kid UD recruited, nevermind the source, just watch it!" and no one here would have thought anything of it. But you preemptively politicized it.

The video really is great, by the way, and I'm glad you posted it.

PhillyApp1
December 18th, 2013, 01:18 PM
I agree totally with everything you have written.
BTW....I grew up going to Delaware and Nova football.

dwtime
December 18th, 2013, 01:40 PM

And yet you threw it back into your own face by implying that anyone who thinks Fox News isn't news is a liberal bigot while trying to promote a nice story about a nice kid. Pot calling kettle there bud.

ursus arctos horribilis
December 18th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Wow, a great story but it was delivered as poorly as it could have been. I don't understand it and wish it could have just been a great story without all the rest of the stuff to detract from it. I can't believe with a good story like this we end up talking about this ****.

Kudos Delaware, you seem to have gotten a real good human there.

Skyhawk71
December 18th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Outstanding story, outstanding young man- great commit for UD

Tribe93
December 18th, 2013, 05:55 PM
Elisabeth Hasselbeck is stunningly beautiful and she touched his arm. That in and of itself makes him a great young man.

caribbeanhen
December 18th, 2013, 07:24 PM
heart warming story, but why are we so quick to get all mushy over what any son should do for his mother if handed the same situation.....

ursus arctos horribilis
December 18th, 2013, 07:44 PM
heart warming story, but why are we so quick to get all mushy over what any son should do for his mother if handed the same situation.....

You're right but it's good to see and usually people doing what they shouldn't be doing is what we see so it may have something to do with that.

Dog Bone
December 18th, 2013, 08:21 PM
He exemplifies all the good traits of a good young man and it appears he has a good perspective of what really matters. Good job UD.

Winindy
December 18th, 2013, 08:37 PM
Awesome story. Thanks for the post.

Grizalltheway
December 18th, 2013, 08:38 PM

You're the one who felt it necessary to point out the fact that it was on Fox News.

Tribal
December 18th, 2013, 09:37 PM
It's a shame some chose to derail a thread that is otherwise worthy of unconditional praise.

A loving young man who somehow gathered the tenacity, character, and strength to realize his dream of playing college football WHILE selflessly flipping the script of caregiver.. Let's leave it at that.