Pards Rule
December 17th, 2013, 08:52 AM
20 points on the nose wow!

UNHFootballAlum
December 17th, 2013, 08:59 AM
I would take the over and the points if I were a betting man

Bisonator
December 17th, 2013, 09:21 AM
I'm guessing that drops to about 14 by game time.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 09:30 AM

Probably not 14. Maybe 18 or 18 1/2. They will still see action at -20.

jmrepak
December 17th, 2013, 09:43 AM
I don't recommend any UNH fans bet their Avy on this game...xrolleyesx

NHwildEcat
December 17th, 2013, 09:59 AM
20...damn.

I wonder what those odds would be at a neutral site or in Durham...obv. NDSU would still be favored heavily, but...20. Damn.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 10:32 AM
20...damn.

I wonder what those odds would be at a neutral site or in Durham...obv. NDSU would still be favored heavily, but...20. Damn.

It was 31 on Furman and 14 1/2 on CC

NHwildEcat
December 17th, 2013, 10:36 AM
It was 31 on Furman and 14 1/2 on CC

There should never be a line as high as 31. It should be off. That is insane.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 10:45 AM
There should never be a line as high as 31. It should be off. That is insane.

They nailed it. Funny thing was the o/u for the CC game was 62 1/2 and the point total was 62.

Crazy circumstances.

tojo70
December 17th, 2013, 10:49 AM
The Bison have outscored their opponents 34-11 per game. The two playoff games the average score was 43-11. Jeff Sagarin has the Bison winning by 19.65 (including the 3.54 points for home field.)
I think the Bison cover in this one.

Bisonator
December 17th, 2013, 10:59 AM

xlolx

Bisonator
December 17th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Probably not 14. Maybe 18 or 18 1/2. They will still see action at -20.

I would think there would be a lot of northeastern fans taking the points thus dropping the line. We'll see I guess.

Missingnumber7
December 17th, 2013, 11:03 AM

Nope they should just go right ahead and change it to the Bison Avy you have.

melloware13
December 17th, 2013, 12:12 PM
I'd take the over on both, and both CAA teams v. spread (I see NDSU winning like 42-24, and Towson winning like 48-45).

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 12:13 PM
I'd take the over on both, and both CAA teams v. spread (I see NDSU winning like 42-24, and Towson winning like 48-45).

Nobody is scoring 24 on this team. I was maybe giving CC a chance but now I'm convinced.

Nova09
December 17th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Nobody is scoring 24 on this team. I was maybe giving CC a chance but now I'm convinced.

Considering someone did score 26 on this team I'd say it's a bit odd to think nobody is capable of scoring 24.

Nova09
December 17th, 2013, 12:42 PM
I would think there would be a lot of northeastern fans taking the points thus dropping the line. We'll see I guess.

Doubtful. I'd go the other way and say the reason the line is as high as it is is due to the fact that NDSU has so many fans that will lay however many points the house chooses.

That being said, it wouldn't surprise me for the line to drop but I think it would be a result of Vegas sharps and not Northeasterners betting UNH. NY lines get skewed by NY money and occasionally Red Sox/Pats lines, but not UNH football.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 12:46 PM
Considering someone did score 26 on this team I'd say it's a bit odd to think nobody is capable of scoring 24.

During the championship run, NDSU is giving up 9.1ppg. It's not odd at all to assume that nobody is going to score 24.

That's including 5 games against a top 5 offense.

caribbeanhen
December 17th, 2013, 04:09 PM

anyone have a brush so I can fix my hair? You gave up 26 this year. Does that not count?

tribe_pride
December 17th, 2013, 04:32 PM
During the championship run, NDSU is giving up 9.1ppg. It's not odd at all to assume that nobody is going to score 24.

That's including 5 games against a top 5 offense.

Which games are you counting in the 9.1 ppg and which 5 games against top 5 offenses. I am kind of confused by both statements because it doesn't seem to match things when I look at your schedule.

Not saying NDSU will give up 24 points in any game just trying to figure out where you got your numbers from.

underdawg
December 17th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Which games are you counting in the 9.1 ppg and which 5 games against top 5 offenses. I am kind of confused by both statements because it doesn't seem to match things when I look at your schedule.

Not saying NDSU will give up 24 points in any game just trying to figure out where you got your numbers from.

So people on here are saying Missouri State (26 points against NDSU) and UNI (23 points) REALLY should have been in the playoffs?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 04:47 PM

2011 Georgia Southern
2011 Sam Houston State
2012 Georgia Southern
2012 Sam Houston State
2013 Coastal Carolina

All had scoring offenses in the top 5 at the time the games were played.

This is the scoring for all of the teams in the NDSU championship run. The reason I mention this is that most of these kids have been together for the whole run.

JMU 14 pts
Lehigh 0 pts
GSU 7 pts
SHSU 6 pts

SDSU 3 pts
Wofford 7 pts
GSU 20 pts
SHSU 13 pts

Furman 7 pts
CC 14 pts

9.1 ppg

bisonboone11
December 17th, 2013, 04:50 PM

I think he's talking about playoff games over the past two years and this year.

thebootfitter
December 17th, 2013, 04:51 PM
As Nodak shows, historically, this Bison defense toughens up quite a bit come playoff time. I doubt UNH will score 24, but there's always room for surprises. I could see EWU or Towson potentially making it to 20-25.

thebootfitter
December 17th, 2013, 04:53 PM
So people on here are saying Missouri State (26 points against NDSU) and UNI (23 points) REALLY should have been in the playoffs?
I don't think it's a stretch at all to suggest that either of those teams would have played competitively against some of the other at-large teams in the playoffs. But no, the way their seasons played out, I don't think either of those teams should have been in the playoffs.

IBleedYellow
December 17th, 2013, 04:57 PM
2011 Georgia Southern
2011 Sam Houston State
2012 Georgia Southern
2012 Sam Houston State
2013 Coastal Carolina

This is the scoring for all of the teams in the NDSU championship run. The reason I mention this is that most of these kids have been together for the whole run.

JMU 14 pts
Lehigh 0 pts
GSU 7 pts
SHSU 6 pts

SDSU 3 pts
Wofford 7 pts
GSU 20 pts
SHSU 13 pts

Furman 7 pts
CC 14 pts

9.1 ppg

Goodness, CCU should feel proud for scoring that much against us. JMU aswell.

GSU was expected to do that.

relee63
December 17th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Tiger fan here. Take Towson and the Three. The tigers are going to the final. BTW what does the red carpet at Eastern Washington look like on TV. I was thinking I might be blind by the half.

tribe_pride
December 17th, 2013, 05:06 PM
2011 Georgia Southern
2011 Sam Houston State
2012 Georgia Southern
2012 Sam Houston State
2013 Coastal Carolina

JMU 14 pts
Lehigh 0 pts
GSU 7 pts
SHSU 6 pts

SDSU 3 pts
Wofford 7 pts
GSU 20 pts
SHSU 13 pts

Furman 7 pts
CC 14 pts

9.1 ppg

Got it on the 9.1

In reality, it's 4 in the top 5 but still strong. Last year's GSU squad finished with 34.5 points per game. If you take out the game where they scored 20 against NDSU, that brings them to 35.6 which was 9th. Since that was GSU's last game of the season, could not have been 5th going into the game.

Nobody may score 24 on this team again but to say that it definitely cannot happen like you did is wrong especially when a team that went 5-7 and finished the season 57th in points per game did it this season.

gumby013
December 17th, 2013, 05:11 PM
Tiger fan here. Take Towson and the Three. The tigers are going to the final. BTW what does the red carpet at Eastern Washington look like on TV. I was thinking I might be blind by the half.

#retinaburner #bloodrug

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Got it on the 9.1

In reality, it's 4 in the top 5 but still strong. Last year's GSU squad finished with 34.5 points per game. If you take out the game where they scored 20 against NDSU, that brings them to 35.6 which was 9th. Since that was GSU's last game of the season, could not have been 5th going into the game.

Nobody may score 24 on this team again but to say that it definitely cannot happen like you did is wrong especially when a team that went 5-7 and finished the season 57th in points per game did it this season.

Don't look at the Mo State game as a template. They had a pick 6 and was the game following a big rivalry game against UNI. All the things that could have gone wrong in that game did and they still won by 15. That is why this team is playing on another level.

Since that game, NDSU is giving up 8.28 ppg. 8 times they held their opponent to season lows including 3 shutouts.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 17th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Don't look at the Mo State game as a template. They had a pick 6 and was the game following a big rivalry game against UNI. All the things that could have gone wrong in that game did and they still won by 15. That is why this team is playing on another level.

Since that game, NDSU is giving up 8.28 ppg. 8 times they held their opponent to season lows including 3 shutouts.

Plus that last MSU TD was against the 2nd stringers....

thebootfitter
December 17th, 2013, 06:12 PM
Some people caveat every declarative statement they make, hedging for the uncertainty of real life. Others make bold statements and sometimes eat crow. Both have their place. Either way, NDSU playoff history suggests Nodak isn't likely to eat crow.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 17th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Some people caveat every declarative statement they make, hedging for the uncertainty of real life. Others make bold statements and sometimes eat crow. Both have their place. Either way, NDSU playoff history suggests Nodak isn't likely to eat crow.

If I have to, I will. Fortunately, I haven't had to.

Bisonator
December 17th, 2013, 07:41 PM

Looks like ****! Yes you will. Either where shades or adjust your TV.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2013, 09:17 PM
NDSU favored by 20 / o/u 49
EWU favored by 3 / o/u 67

http://www.vegasinsider.com/college-football/odds/las-vegas/

So they expect the games to be 35-14 and 35-32? Seems realistic.

Bisonator
December 18th, 2013, 09:44 AM
So they expect the games to be 35-14 and 35-32? Seems realistic.

Kind of sorta. They want action on UNH and the other game has plenty of action on both sides. They are betting lines not prognastication lines for the actual scores.

Point Spread: The point spread remains the favorite way to wager on pro football, regardless of how many new forms of wagering come on stream. It’s called the line or spread and it’s known as betting ‘sides.’ The common misconception is that Las Vegas sets the spread as its best guess at the margin of victory. But really, it's a number they feel that is a perfect balance and will see an equal number of people to bet the underdog as on the favorite. A negative value like -6.5 means that team is favored by 6.5 points. So deduct 6.5 points from their total score. A positive value on the same game would be +6.5 (add 6.5 points to their final score) and would make that team an underdog of 6.5 points. The favorite must win by at least seven points to cover the spread. The underdog can lose by six points and still cover.

Winindy
December 18th, 2013, 02:39 PM

If it snows it's not half bad. Other than that, it's nearly unwatchable.

bisonboone11
December 18th, 2013, 04:19 PM
If you're thinking about watching it on TV, here is what you're going to want to do. Take a pencil, make sure it's extremely sharp, then take the pencil and jam it into your eye until any desire to watch it goes away. Yes, this is going to hurt, but it would hurt watching it as well. At least this way, it will be over with quickly, kind of like tearing off a bandage... Either that, or watch it in black and white.

BisonBacker
December 18th, 2013, 04:42 PM
If it snows it's not half bad. Other than that, it's nearly unwatchable.

^^^^THIS^^^^

NDSUSR
December 18th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Kind of sorta. They want action on UNH and the other game has plenty of action on both sides. They are betting lines not prognastication lines for the actual scores.

Point Spread: The point spread remains the favorite way to wager on pro football, regardless of how many new forms of wagering come on stream. It’s called the line or spread and it’s known as betting ‘sides.’ The common misconception is that Las Vegas sets the spread as its best guess at the margin of victory. But really, it's a number they feel that is a perfect balance and will see an equal number of people to bet the underdog as on the favorite. A negative value like -6.5 means that team is favored by 6.5 points. So deduct 6.5 points from their total score. A positive value on the same game would be +6.5 (add 6.5 points to their final score) and would make that team an underdog of 6.5 points. The favorite must win by at least seven points to cover the spread. The underdog can lose by six points and still cover.

They have been remarkably close to final scores lately.