View Full Version : Congratulations Coach Bohl - Eddie Robinson Award

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2013, 12:28 PM
1st back to back winner of the Robinson award. Way to go out coach!

On Monday, Bohl captured his second consecutive Eddie Robinson Award, which honors the FCS coach of the year. That feat had never been accomplished before in the 27-year history of the award, presented by The Sports Network.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/football/article/2013-12-16/ndsus-craig-bohl-becomes-repeat-winner-eddie-robinson-award

Bisonator
December 16th, 2013, 12:33 PM
Conragulations Coach Bohl!

And thank you for everything you have done for NDSU. Good luck at Wyoming!

TU Tiger Town
December 16th, 2013, 12:35 PM
Tough to argue with an undefeated season and wire to wire (regular season) at #1.

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Well deserved and a fitting way to end Coach Bohl's career at NDSU.

I'm sure he'll be humble thanking his staff and players and saying that Klieman will be a better head coach than him but he'll sure be missed at NDSU. I don't even think Wyoming realizes just how good of a coach (and staff) that they're getting.

Winindy
December 16th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Well deserved. Pretty cool being the first repeat.

TigerFen
December 16th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Congrats on the award. If this award included the Post Season, you could make a good case for Sean McDonnell to be the Robinson Award winner for the deepest playoff run.

IBleedYellow
December 16th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Two more things to go. Just two.

BisonCM
December 16th, 2013, 04:11 PM
Does anybody know when this was voted on, before or after he said he was leaving?

Missingnumber7
December 16th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Does anybody know when this was voted on, before or after he said he was leaving?

Think that would have a play in the voting? I think that the body of work he has put out there over the past 4 1/2 months speak for its self. Prepared team, prepared coaches, professionalism on the sideline. Well deserved.

jmrepak
December 16th, 2013, 04:47 PM
No way Jamey Chadwell should have received more votes than Moglia. Other than the head to head match up CCU's coaching and season was head and shoulders above his. I also think he deserved to be top 5, but who knows. Maybe next year he'll actually get the respect he deserves from sports media. A lot of people still think his background and hiring as a head coach was a complete joke, and as one agent put it "an insult to the coaching profession".

While we did not perform well last Saturday, back-to-back playoff appearances and conference championships, a 3-2 playoff record, a top 10 team with a top 5 offense and an 18-4 record in the last 22 games speaks for itself. Jokes on you sports writers.

saxbison
December 16th, 2013, 04:51 PM
No way Jamey Chadwell should have received more votes than Moglia. Other than the head to head match up CCU's coaching and season was head and shoulders above his. I also think he deserved to be top 5, but who knows. Maybe next year he'll actually get the respect he deserves from sports media. A lot of people still think his background and hiring as a head coach was a complete joke, and as one agent put it "an insult to the coaching profession".

While we did not perform well last Saturday, back-to-back playoff appearances and conference championships, a 3-2 playoff record, a top 10 team with a top 5 offense and an 18-4 record in the last 22 games speaks for itself. Jokes on you sports writers.

I agree. Honestly, I thought Chadwell or Lamb would win.

buffalobill
December 16th, 2013, 04:57 PM
Coach Robinson was HC at Grambling when NDSU won it's first national championship in 1965, under Coach Mudra, when the Bison beat Grambling in the Pecan Bowl 20-7. Congratulations to Coach Bohl, the entire staff, every player and fan as it truly is a great individual honor but basically can't be won without a great deal of effort on the part of many. Ironically Coach Mudra and Coach Klieman have a direct connection as well. Hail the Bison!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 16th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Well deserved for Coach Bohl.

Wyoming is getting a great coach.

Southern Bison
December 16th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Wolford from YSU got a 5th place vote??? xeyebrowx Did that voter not see his tantrums on the sideline during the games?

Red & Black
December 16th, 2013, 06:50 PM
Still trying to figure out how Baldwin was 6th...undefeated in the Big Sky, outright champions, a win over a bowl-bound BCS team...3rd semi-final appearance in 4 years. Something stinks here.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2013, 07:41 PM
Still trying to figure out how Baldwin was 6th...undefeated in the Big Sky, outright champions, a win over a bowl-bound BCS team...3rd semi-final appearance in 4 years. Something stinks here.

The four ahead of him all made huge leaps with their team. Absent the extraordinary success of the Bison over the last 3 years, CB might not have won.

Mr. C
December 16th, 2013, 08:08 PM

Coastal Carolina was the favorite to win the Big South. Charleston Southern had a tremendous turnaround (best in FCS) this season under a brand-new coach. Nothing joking about voting for Jamey Chadwell. Both of those coaches have done great jobs.

Mr. C
December 16th, 2013, 08:11 PM
Stop with the conspiracy theories. Baldwin likely got a boost in support because he is a Big Sky coach. The Big Sky voters tend to vote as a block on the awards.

- - - Updated - - -

The ballots are due back to Philadelphia BEFORE the playoffs start.

Wallace
December 17th, 2013, 12:34 AM
Bohl was not my vote for FCS Coach of the Year mostly because he had the team there already. I tend to view it as the coach who did the most with what he had. Congrats to Bohl though, especially if the Bison finish undefeated.

word
December 17th, 2013, 03:16 AM
Stop with the conspiracy theories. Baldwin likely got a boost in support because he is a Big Sky coach. The Big Sky voters tend to vote as a block on the awards.

I respect your opinion a lot Mr. C. You seem to be pretty level headed. So the Buchannon awards have been skewed.

Mr. C
December 17th, 2013, 05:56 AM
I respect your opinion a lot Mr. C. You seem to be pretty level headed. So the Buchannon awards have been skewed.
No, nothing wrong with the Buchanan Award voting the past couple of years. The favorites for the past couple of years have won that award and probably would have with, or without the Big Sky block. The Robinson Award voting is generally tighter, however. The patterns are easier to notice when you've actually been the one who has counted ballots and seen past ballots from previous years.

BisonCM
December 17th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Think that would have a play in the voting? I think that the body of work he has put out there over the past 4 1/2 months speak for its self. Prepared team, prepared coaches, professionalism on the sideline. Well deserved.

Yes I do think it could have a play in the voting. He did do all of the things you mention this year, as well as last year, but as another posted said, and I tend to agree with, the coach of the year should be somebody who took what was expected to be and average team and did well. On the same argument, a coach with a young team that does well. Being he won the championship last year, started the year ranked #1, and returned 20-some seniors, I would argue that the team performed as well as expected.

- - - Updated - - -

The ballots are due back to Philadelphia BEFORE the playoffs start.

Thank you Mr C for answering my question. That says something then that it wasn't just a good parting gift vote.

All that being said, he definitely deserves the award because a coach still has to have the kids play and not get a big head even with the previous success. I think voting before the playoffs start (i.e. before he resigned) just puts a little more credibility in the award.

Bisonator
December 17th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Bohl was not my vote for FCS Coach of the Year mostly because he had the team there already. I tend to view it as the coach who did the most with what he had. Congrats to Bohl though, especially if the Bison finish undefeated.

I would agree. Can't argue with being ranked #1 all year, taking everyone's best shot including Kansas State and not losing. It's a question of which is harder taking a team with no expectations to an above average season or taking a team that is expected to win it all and actually getting it done.

Gil Dobie
December 17th, 2013, 11:52 AM
I would agree. Can't argue with being ranked #1 all year, taking everyone's best shot including Kansas State and not losing. It's a question of which is harder taking a team with no expectations to an above average season or taking a team that is expected to win it all and actually getting it done.

Most say it's tougher to stay on top than get to the top.

OL FU
December 17th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Certainly Congratulations. Can't imagine anyone else winning it.

Twentysix
December 17th, 2013, 09:21 PM
No, nothing wrong with the Buchanan Award voting the past couple of years. The favorites for the past couple of years have won that award and probably would have with, or without the Big Sky block. The Robinson Award voting is generally tighter, however. The patterns are easier to notice when you've actually been the one who has counted ballots and seen past ballots from previous years.

Lol, humblebrag alert.

dewey
December 17th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Congratulations to head coach Craig Bohl! Wyoming is getting a great coach and any staff that he brings with him. I hope he does well at Wyoming.

Dewey

Twentysix
December 17th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Congratulations to head coach Craig Bohl! Wyoming is getting a great coach and any staff that he brings with him. I hope he does well at Wyoming.

Dewey

2017 Wyoming is winning the Natty. :p Unless NDSU has moved up by then :p