PDA

View Full Version : Payton Award

knucklehead
December 16th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Who will win, and why?

Professor Chaos
December 16th, 2013, 10:43 AM
I think Garappolo will win it but whether he should is debatable especially after looking at playoff performance (which the voters don't since the ballots are in).

I will say that Garappolo is well on his way to being the next Tony Romo with his last few playoff performances.

....too soon?

knucklehead
December 16th, 2013, 10:48 AM
I think Garappolo will win it but whether he should is debatable especially after looking at playoff performance (which the voters don't since the ballots are in).

I will say that Garappolo is well on his way to being the next Tony Romo with his last few playoff performances.

....too soon?

Never too soon. haha.

I think all of these awards are always heavy stats driven and always lean towards the QB. I think West is a freak and will have the better run in the NFL, but I think Jimmy will win the award.

Bisonator
December 16th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Never too soon. haha.

I think all of these awards are always heavy stats driven and always lean towards the QB. I think West is a freak and will have the better run in the NFL, but I think Jimmy will win the award.

I agree.

I think most of the voters already gave it to Jimmy before the playoffs anyway.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 16th, 2013, 11:12 AM
In an upset, Vernon Adams.

BisonBacker
December 16th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Garapollo will win it but I think West should really get it but it's dam near a toss up.

Wallace
December 16th, 2013, 12:31 PM
I voted JG though it is close... with Adams.

tomq04
December 16th, 2013, 12:45 PM
Adams was a monster, but I would give it to JG as a senior, VA "should" be in the running the next 2 years.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 16th, 2013, 01:29 PM
JG - will win
West - Should win because he is the best player in the FCS hands down nobody is close.

Then everyone else

TU Tiger Town
December 16th, 2013, 02:49 PM
I want T-West to win (obviously) and having watched all of his games I think he should, he was just obviously on another level than all of his opponents this season. However most here seem to think JG will win and I'll have to defer to them since I only saw him play this past week and while I could see he was a quality QB I understand he didn't have his best outing.

Darlinikki150
December 16th, 2013, 04:31 PM
Jimmy! Jimmy! Jimmy! His numbers are sick and even tho the playoff performance wasn't great, it doesn't diminish the crazy good year he had.

jmrepak
December 16th, 2013, 04:38 PM
If playoff performances were included I think West would get it. However, based on his regular season number JG gets it.

Red & Black
December 16th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Jimmy! Jimmy! Jimmy! His numbers are sick and even tho the playoff performance wasn't great, it doesn't diminish the crazy good year he had.

Booooooooo.....xthumbsdownx

xshakefistx

IBleedYellow
December 16th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Garapollo will win it but I think West should really get it but it's dam near a toss up.
xthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 16th, 2013, 05:39 PM
EIU QB wins it.

GoCats23
December 16th, 2013, 05:56 PM
What time is this announced?

ngineer
December 16th, 2013, 06:53 PM

....too soon?

Are you implying he can't 'win the big one'?

Grizzlies82
December 16th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Garroppolo will likely win. Typically QB's get more love than running backs. Then being in his senior year should tip the scale in his favor over Adams.

Red & Black
December 16th, 2013, 07:19 PM
So when is this being announced? Second question, why aren't they doing the banquet in Frisco like they did a few years back? Made more sense...that way the players that are still participating in the playoffs actually have a chance to receive the award in person if they win it. Seems kinda off to me.