PDA

View Full Version : Ambrose and Babers on Bowling Green's short list?

Lehigh Football Nation
December 16th, 2013, 09:18 AM
Pete Thamel ✔ @SIPeteThamel (https://twitter.com/SIPeteThamel)
Follow (https://twitter.com/SIPeteThamel)
Four names for Bowling Green: Florida's D.J. Durkin, OSU OC Ed Warriner, Towson's Rob Ambrose and EIU's Dino Babers.

Bill
December 16th, 2013, 09:35 AM
LFN - I guess Adam S. isn't on the short list? Also surprised he didn't go to Wake with Clawson.....

Lehigh'98
December 16th, 2013, 09:55 AM
Durkin from FL would be a good fit at BGSU if he wants it. He played and was captain there for 2 yrs in the late 90's. On a side note, he played on my HS team. Intense guy. I'm not sure that is a better position than DC at FL though.

andy7171
December 16th, 2013, 10:34 AM
Ambrose isn't going to go to Bowling Green. He's winning the same talent pool of recruits.

Twentysix
December 16th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Ambrose isn't going to go to Bowling Green. He's winning the same talent pool of recruits.

Likely, especially if Ambrose is at 355k and BGSU was paying 400k. That is alot of work for a tiny bump.

I had thought I saw Babers was at 160k or 190k, that could be more likely.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 16th, 2013, 11:39 AM
I wish Temple made a serious run at Ambrose. The guy knows how to get kids to play at a high-level.

Sycamore62
December 16th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Likely, especially if Ambrose is at 355k and BGSU was paying 400k. That is alot of work for a tiny bump.

I had thought I saw Babers was at 160k or 190k, that could be more likely.

I see a bunch of reports about the same job paying different amounts. is the 355k and 400k the actual money he brings home or is one total guarantee and the other a base salary?

I also think that the recent events with Bohl ect have shown that 355 to 400 and stepping to FBS is a step up for any coach that has any aspirations at all.

clenz
December 16th, 2013, 12:02 PM

You sound like ndsu fans 2 weeks ago

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

tribe_pride
December 16th, 2013, 12:29 PM
You sound like ndsu fans 2 weeks ago

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

Don't want to speak for Andy but I think the difference is that Ambrose would not get much of a raise from the looks of things while the NDSU coach did. If BGSU were willing to give him a substantial raise (meaning pay more than they did to their recent coach), things could be different.

Twentysix
December 16th, 2013, 12:40 PM
I see a bunch of reports about the same job paying different amounts. is the 355k and 400k the actual money he brings home or is one total guarantee and the other a base salary?

I also think that the recent events with Bohl ect have shown that 355 to 400 and stepping to FBS is a step up for any coach that has any aspirations at all.

Bohls minimum gurantee is over $750k and totals surpass a million bucks a year. Not very similar to a $45k raise, he got more like a $500k raise on the low end of his contract.Maybe BGSU is going to shell out major cash like Wyoming, but I doubt it.

TigerFen
December 16th, 2013, 12:52 PM
With the talk of Ambrose going to Bowling Green, He only makes just under $300K according to the most recent information released. I never realized that an average FCS coach makes over $100K a year. If Bowling Green is only offering $400k, then it's not worth it for him to make the step up. He may be better off becoming a BCS level Offensive Coordinator first.

centennial
December 16th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Bohl made close to $400k at NDSU with all the incentives + another 50-100 for endorsements(perfect season). At wyoming, he will make $750. Close to 900k 1st year, WY AD said it in an interview, this is where they are paying the assistants more money. They hope they can bring in more money to pay him more, since every year is an increment. For now, Bohl makes 300k less than the old coach with incentives hit.
Dino makes 160k.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 16th, 2013, 01:35 PM
MAC jobs are about more than the just the money. The allure is the ability to reach a BCS gig with success. Those weeknight games have allowed the MAC to carve out a nice niche.

BGSU is a good job. I believe Game Day was there about 10 years ago.

TU Tiger Town
December 16th, 2013, 01:35 PM
With the talk of Ambrose going to Bowling Green, He only makes just under $300K according to the most recent information released. I never realized that an average FCS coach makes over $100K a year. If Bowling Green is only offering $400k, then it's not worth it for him to make the step up. He may be better off becoming a BCS level Offensive Coordinator first.

Are you trying to impugn the relevance of UConn? I have never heard of such a a thing... xsmugx

Maybe TU can give him a little bump, which would be an interesting situation given the funding controversy with other Mens teams the last year.