They don't need any apologies. They are still playing. xcoffeex

Screamin_Eagle174
December 15th, 2013, 04:03 AM
They don't need any apologies. They are still playing. xcoffeex

xlolx

TennBison
December 15th, 2013, 06:52 AM
Sorry you have to.....play.....on.....that....hideous....field
At least they get to play, what field is your team playing on this weekend, oh wait, your not playing.

UIWWildthing
December 15th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Sorry you have to.....play.....on.....that....hideous....field
We could be playing on a pink & yellow field with orange polka dots and i wouldn't care. We're playing to go to Frisco, that's all that matters

TigerFen
December 15th, 2013, 03:05 PM
I like they are rolling out a Red Carpet for us. It shows the respect us as a National power. Sarcasm ends.

Seriously, Towson is playing to go to Frisco. That's what matters.

Nickels
December 15th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Sorry Towson your only going to play in front of 2k people. It's not your fault EWU fan base is so pathetic.

Twentysix
December 15th, 2013, 04:00 PM
We could be playing on a pink & yellow field with orange polka dots and i wouldn't care. We're playing to go to Frisco, that's all that matters

Don't give Oregon ideas.

JSUBison
December 15th, 2013, 04:20 PM
It's TOWNSEND, not Towson. That's what I learned from the ESPN guys.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 15th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Sorry Towson your only going to play in front of 2k people. It's not your fault EWU fan base is so pathetic.

Agreed, fans are total FBS powerhouse assclowns.

That being said, Towson is screwed, Shoota and the boys will catch jumpballs all day long and then fall into the chipper..............shredder that is NDSU. EWU is a stone cold lock to win this game.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2013, 04:32 PM

I know, right? Get it right.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-6hGANpBvC14/RwQ0XG7sz9I/AAAAAAAABEY/Ulq1hSd8_Rw/petewindmill1.gif

TU Tiger Town
December 16th, 2013, 07:45 AM

You'd be surprised how many wrong pronunciations one School/City can have.... even from the students from Long Island that go there.

andy7171
December 16th, 2013, 08:21 AM

aust42
December 16th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Good luck CAA brother Towson but I can't watch the game on that hideous red field. Same as Boise State.

andy7171
December 16th, 2013, 08:32 AM
Good luck CAA brother Towson but I can't watch the game on that hideous red field. Same as Boise State.
It's worse. It has a weird shine. At least they ain't allowed to go all red uniforms anymore.

TU Tiger Town
December 16th, 2013, 08:59 AM

xsmileyclapx

Towson State gets my goat the most, especially when Chris Carter uses it on ESPN in a disparaging manner.

Sycamore62
December 16th, 2013, 09:12 AM
At least people from your state dont pronounce it wront....

Illinoisssssssssssssss

tomq04
December 16th, 2013, 09:21 AM
Not sure what the attendance report was all about, the stadium was much fuller than last weekends freezeout, that was reported at 6k. My buddies that made the game guessed closer to 8k, rather than the reported 4.5k...

kalm
December 16th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Not sure what the attendance report was all about, the stadium was much fuller than last weekends freezeout, that was reported at 6k. My buddies that made the game guessed closer to 8k, rather than the reported 4.5k...

At least 7k. So almost double of what Towson home playoff games are at.

Congrats t's to the Tigers for being able to experience one of the most gorgeous fields on earth!

ewueagle2010
December 16th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Actually, EWU is allowed to wear all red if they please, but most of the time, they don't.

F'N Hawks
December 16th, 2013, 10:26 AM

NCAA takes a healthy cut of the reported attendance.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 16th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Towson shouldnt bother showing up EWU will roll in this one, no chance, game over. Lead pipe lock.

deez_na
December 16th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Towson shouldnt bother showing up EWU will roll in this one, no chance, game over. Lead pipe lock.

I think weather could factor alot too. If it's nasty weather, advantage West and Towson. Towson loses that game to East Il. if the weather was decent. You need a strong run game to win in bad weather.

Sycamore62
December 16th, 2013, 03:06 PM
I think weather could factor alot too. If it's nasty weather, advantage West and Towson. Towson loses that game to East Il. if the weather was decent. You need a strong run game to win in bad weather.

On a good field, West wouldnt have had to tip-toe around the corner on a sweep.

Missingnumber7
December 16th, 2013, 04:32 PM
Bad weather doesn't always mean teams won't be able to pass. The wind on Friday had an effect on the passing game. A windy day would negatively effect EWU more than Towson. The turf negates any field issues that either team may have, and infact may benefit both offenses because of the style both use. Towson has been most effective in the handful of games I watched attacking the edges. They did well on the sweeps in the snow last friday which seemed counterintuitive to me, but on turf the footing would be better than on natural grass.

Mr. C
December 16th, 2013, 08:26 PM
You know the more you write these kind of posts, the more you are sealing EWU's fate (which is probably why a Montana man is writing such stuff).

Mr. C
December 16th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Bad weather doesn't always mean teams won't be able to pass. The wind on Friday had an effect on the passing game. A windy day would negatively effect EWU more than Towson. The turf negates any field issues that either team may have, and infact may benefit both offenses because of the style both use. Towson has been most effective in the handful of games I watched attacking the edges. They did well on the sweeps in the snow last friday which seemed counterintuitive to me, but on turf the footing would be better than on natural grass.
O'Brien Field had turf as well (though it was pretty-well frozen turf on Thursday and Friday).

Mr. C
December 16th, 2013, 08:30 PM
The weather wasn't that big of a factor, actually (I was at the game). There were not a lot of footing problems by anyone. Terrance West would not have been stopped no matter what conditions he was running in on Friday. Towson's defense did a great job of making adjustments after the first couple of drives, getting up to the tempo of play and showed off sure-tackling most of the night.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2013, 08:48 PM
The weather wasn't that big of a factor, actually (I was at the game). There were not a lot of footing problems by anyone. Terrance West would not have been stopped no matter what conditions he was running in on Friday. Towson's defense did a great job of making adjustments after the first couple of drives, getting up to the tempo of play and showed off sure-tackling most of the night.

The ball couldn't have been easy to hold on to.

GreatDayToBeAnEagle
December 16th, 2013, 09:23 PM

A strong run game like Forte going for 210 then 190 in the last two playoff games at Roos? Sure, Forte might not be West, but EWU's run game is just fine.

I'm with Alpha, this game isn't going to be close. Reminds me of 2010 when Nova came out to Roos with all of the blind east coast bias behind them. They got run out of Roos, just as Towson will get run out of Roos on Saturday.
Go Eags!

kalm
December 17th, 2013, 08:59 AM
A strong run game like Forte going for 210 then 190 in the last two playoff games at Roos? Sure, Forte might not be West, but EWU's run game is just fine.

I'm with Alpha, this game isn't going to be close. Reminds me of 2010 when Nova came out to Roos with all of the blind east coast bias behind them. They got run out of Roos, just as Towson will get run out of Roos on Saturday.
Go Eags!

Forte is averaging somewhere around 7 or 8 yards per carry over his last 6 or 7 games.

This extremely precise stat is brought to you by my foggy recollection of last nights coaches show.

deez_na
December 17th, 2013, 12:24 PM
WIndy cold weather is what makes tough for passing. Was it not like that saturday in Eastern Ill? I guess i'm saying in that weather where it's tough passing and catch that a run game is typically needed and can be a difference in a team winning or losing a game. Though Eastern Illinois couldn't stop west at all i think if it was better weather they may have been able to defend for him easier.

DoubleH
December 17th, 2013, 01:18 PM

Go Eags!

I will remember this quote come Saturday...

Sammy94
December 17th, 2013, 04:08 PM
You'd be surprised how many wrong pronunciations one School/City can have.... even from the students from Long Island that go there.

at least they don't call you North Dakota.

Grizalltheway
December 17th, 2013, 04:08 PM
You know the more you write these kind of posts, the more you are sealing EWU's fate (which is probably why a Montana man is writing such stuff).

I didn't realize random jackasses posting on the internet have an effect on the actual game. You learn something new everyday.

Texas
December 17th, 2013, 04:16 PM
I didn't realize random jackasses posting on the internet have an effect on the actual game. You learn something new everyday.

Pretty much.

http://i.imgur.com/xjXYMwh.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 17th, 2013, 04:25 PM
There is nothing random bout my jackassedness....................jackass

Grizalltheway
December 17th, 2013, 05:22 PM
True. It's very targeted, well thought-out jackassedness.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 17th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Hey dont you have a couple thousand more meaningless posts to slather the internet with today? Preferably on another site so we are not blessed with them?

Thanks for playin

xcoffeex

Grizalltheway
December 17th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Hey, isn't it about time for you to retire again? Maybe you and DB1 can get a condo together in Del Boca Vista.

Ivytalk
December 18th, 2013, 06:26 AM

Thanks for the tutorial, Andy!

PAllen
December 18th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Thanks for the tutorial, Andy!

Tao Sun

I hate it when broadcasters have such a hard time saying it.

Sycamore62
December 18th, 2013, 09:37 AM
you guys are going to be sorry when a printout of this thread is on the locker room wall

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 18th, 2013, 10:08 AM
you guys are going to be sorry when a printout of this thread is on the locker room wall
Chillson

Sycamore62
December 18th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Chillson

prior to this thread, they were going to mail it in. now they are going to play extra hard.

actually, i cant even remember who THEY are

clenz
December 18th, 2013, 12:56 PM

Don't expect them to get out right.

UNI basketball has been on ESPN for over a decade and apparently they have yet to lean the difference in NIU and UNI (logo, nickname, abbreviation) and that UNI is in Cedar Falls but Cedar Rapids

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

TU Tiger Town
December 18th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Don't expect them to get out right.

UNI basketball has been on ESPN for over a decade and apparently they have yet to lean the difference in NIU and UNI (logo, nickname, abbreviation) and that UNI is in Cedar Falls but Cedar Rapids

I always get UK and KU mixed up, but thankfully they never get brought up on TV... xrolleyesx

clenz
December 18th, 2013, 05:04 PM
I always get UK and KU mixed up, but thankfully they never get brought up on TV... xrolleyesx
The funny thing is....

KU is actually UK...I **** you not....look it up

I've never seen a university completely say "**** you, I do what I want" when it comes to names quite like Kansas.

Skyhawk71
December 18th, 2013, 07:10 PM
The University of Missouri uses MU- never figured that one out- use Mizzou because no one can agree on Missour E or Missour UH- varies throughout the state- KU and MU are made for each other

IBleedYellow
December 18th, 2013, 07:18 PM
Bison.

Nuff said.

skinny_uncle
December 18th, 2013, 09:05 PM
The University of Missouri uses MU- never figured that one out- use Mizzou because no one can agree on Missour E or Missour UH- varies throughout the state- KU and MU are made for each other

Misery covers it.

clenz
December 18th, 2013, 09:12 PM
Misery covers it.

This....The only way to say it is Misery.

If you've been there/driven through it you'll understand