PDA

View Full Version : Don't believe the hype.....East Coast rules.

Sader87
December 13th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Congrats to former Patriot League member Towson on their win tonight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ix62PttEfhU

Texas
December 13th, 2013, 11:08 PM
Let's not get carried away. The still haven't beaten anyone from a good conference yet.

DoubleH
December 13th, 2013, 11:11 PM
Let's not get carried away. The still haven't beaten anyone from a good conference yet.

I know, the CAA is just garbage.

Sader87
December 13th, 2013, 11:33 PM
The fact of the matter is, though there are very good FCS programs spread around the country, no league really rivals the depth and ability of the CAA from top to bottom. It's just the way it is....the FCS-level is very East Coast based, most of the rest of the country focuses on either FBS or D2/D3/NAIA level football.

Twentysix
December 14th, 2013, 01:34 AM
The fact of the matter is, though there are very good FCS programs spread around the country, no league really rivals the depth and ability of the CAA from top to bottom. It's just the way it is....the FCS-level is very East Coast based, most of the rest of the country focuses on either FBS or D2/D3/NAIA level football.

Yet for some reason the Natty's haven't involved teams east of the mississippi for a couple years ;)

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2013, 06:17 AM

are you still talking about the Kats?

kalm
December 14th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Congrats to McNeese on making the CAA semi-relevant again!

Sader87
December 14th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Once again.....there are good FCS teams around the country no doubt, but the East Coast teams are just a little bit better.

Bisonwinagn
December 14th, 2013, 11:21 PM
Once again.....there are good FCS teams around the country no doubt, but the East Coast teams are just a little bit better.

Go look at the GPI and see how many east team are better!!!

Sader87
December 15th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Go look at the GPI and see how many east team are better!!!

Go look at the FCS Semis and see how many are from the East Coast......

Thumper76
December 15th, 2013, 12:57 AM
Two......and two from the west

UNHWildcat18
December 15th, 2013, 01:18 AM
CAA and MVC are hands down the best two conferences in the league. EWU out of the Big Sky is an exception. So I wouldn't just go oh two east two west...

dudeitsaid
December 15th, 2013, 01:38 AM
Is there a competition I should know about??? No offense, but who cares if the east has more good teams than the west. Like we have some control over that. Some of the pissing matches that people get into are pretty hilarious!xlolx

There are more winning coaches that drive Fords that Chevy's.

Every 1000 yard rusher but one eats Wheaties instead of Cheerios.

Blonde haired linebackers hit harder than brown haired linebackers.

Aside from it being entertaining to argue some type of regional strength to make us feel like tougher human beings, what is the point of this? There, you are tough cause you're from the East. Feel better?

Vitojr130
December 15th, 2013, 02:01 AM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRQzCte4nVNjIl1xrnvz7afagrsVjiBd azKUd2kALkfW8v0dFwk

Now go back and see of the teams remaining, how many have won the championship in the last, IDK, forever? Now, where did those teams come from?

Unbison
December 15th, 2013, 05:07 AM
You must be including ndsu in your east coast ..... Sorry west of the Mississippi

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2013, 05:39 AM

I guess we'll see how good the 'East Coast' is on Friday.

Tribal
December 15th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Good lawd...there are very good teams everywhere. It's okay to acknowlege that.

TennBison
December 15th, 2013, 07:05 AM

Go look at the National Championships and see who has been better.

Tribal
December 15th, 2013, 07:11 AM
By a very large margin, most national championships come from the eastern portion of the US...and many from several different CAA teams.

stevdock
December 15th, 2013, 07:32 AM
If you are saying Youngstown and Kentucky teams are not on the East Coast (which they are not) then the margin is not all that wide anymore. 18 East Coast wins out of 34.

Gil Dobie
December 15th, 2013, 08:06 AM
CAA and MVC are hands down the best two conferences in the league. EWU out of the Big Sky is an exception. So I wouldn't just go oh two east two west...

Who plays in the MVC?

EWU = Big Sky
Towson = CAA
UNH = CAA
NDSU = MVFC

MVC is a basketball conference that includes some members of the MVFC

bluehenbillk
December 15th, 2013, 08:34 AM
It's nice to see the CAA reclaim it's perch in FCS football.

Gil Dobie
December 15th, 2013, 09:19 AM
It's nice to see the CAA reclaim it's perch in FCS football.

Champions of the OVC and Southland ;)

blueballs
December 15th, 2013, 09:25 AM
Don't 'cha just love it when guys whose programs didn't make the playoffs come out of hiding to pound their chests about how strong their region and conference is?

Little dick disease at its best.

Gil Dobie
December 15th, 2013, 09:27 AM
Don't 'cha just love it when guys whose programs didn't make the playoffs come out of hiding to pound their chests about how strong their region and conference is?

Really missing a GSU vs NDSU game this year. :)

blueballs
December 15th, 2013, 09:44 AM
Really missing a GSU vs NDSU game this year. :)

Yeah, it appears the torch has been passed.... actually y'all took it, but it is your division now and y'all are worthy champions and good standard bearers for the division.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2013, 09:51 AM
Yeah, it appears the torch has been passed.... actually y'all took it, but it is your division now and y'all are worthy champions and good standard bearers for the division.

The UD guys are sure doing a lot of sqwakin this morning. Pun intended.

UNHWildcat18
December 15th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Who plays in the MVC?

EWU = Big Sky
Towson = CAA
UNH = CAA
NDSU = MVFC

MVC is a basketball conference that includes some members of the MVFC

Oh come now you know i meant MVFC. Just saying that our two conferences are top to bottom the best leagues. There are gems in other conferences, but still.

Gil Dobie
December 15th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Oh come now you know i meant MVFC. Just saying that our two conferences are top to bottom the best leagues. There are gems in other conferences, but still.

Your welcome ;)

caribbeanhen
December 15th, 2013, 10:43 AM

speaking of little Dicks, what are you still doing here?

bkrownd
December 15th, 2013, 12:14 PM
If you are saying Youngstown and Kentucky teams are not on the East Coast (which they are not) then the margin is not all that wide anymore. 18 East Coast wins out of 34.

Ohio might not "coastal", but the capitol of Ohio is East of the capitol of Florida, and Youngstown is East some of the northern east Florida coast.

BisonBacker
December 15th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Once again.....there are good FCS teams around the country no doubt, but the East Coast teams are just a little bit better.xlolx

mountaineerman
December 15th, 2013, 12:37 PM
S$$T stirrer alert ! Speed >Corn

bluehenbillk
December 15th, 2013, 03:29 PM
Does anyone else think NDSU benefits from playing in a weak, one-trick pony league like the MVFC. I mean kudos to beating K-State but the league is really just ordinary, at best.

Darlinikki150
December 15th, 2013, 03:33 PM
Does anyone else think NDSU benefits from playing in a weak, one-trick pony league like the MVFC. I mean kudos to beating K-State but the league is really just ordinary, at best.

It seems to be working out for us, so I guess I will agree. We can't all play great teams like Delaware does. Enjoy the playoffs, kisses!

Gil Dobie
December 15th, 2013, 03:44 PM

Better than no tricks since 2009 ;)

Gil Dobie
December 15th, 2013, 03:47 PM

Bump

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2013, 03:48 PM

Since the Valley is so 'ordinary' then UNH should have no problem beating such a pedestrian team like NDSU.

What is your prediction?

UNH 60-0?

caribbeanhen
December 16th, 2013, 08:30 AM

Indeed.....

Gil Dobie
December 16th, 2013, 08:50 AM

In this case it's Little chick dick disease xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 16th, 2013, 08:52 AM

They also benefit from being astronomically better than everyone else.

Playoffs prove that.

DoubleH
December 16th, 2013, 08:59 AM
Last 10 champions: 7 east coast, 3 non. That includes 4 from the CAA, most of any conference. The 3 "non" just happen to be the last three, which is probably why people seem to forget that, yes, the power base of FCS football is in the east. Not saying that the Valley and the BSC don't have good teams, obviously they do. But there is more depth in the CAA and SoCon (well there was before App and GA Southern left) than any other conference, according to recent history.

Richland1
December 18th, 2013, 09:15 AM
The Power Base for the FCS has significantly shifted to the West in recent years and there certainly is no reason to thing it will ever shift back to the East. Going forward, the East can be expected to be a irrevelant as they are right now--fact.

Last 10 champions: 7 east coast, 3 non. That includes 4 from the CAA, most of any conference. The 3 "non" just happen to be the last three, which is probably why people seem to forget that, yes, the power base of FCS football is in the east. Not saying that the Valley and the BSC don't have good teams, obviously they do. But there is more depth in the CAA and SoCon (well there was before App and GA Southern left) than any other conference, according to recent history.

Bisonator
December 18th, 2013, 09:54 AM

Yes without a doubt. Wish we had teams like RIU and Albany rather then UNI and SDSU. Sick of beating up on the meek and having to carry the MVFC through out the playoffs every year. xlolx

Twentysix
December 18th, 2013, 09:57 AM
The Power Base for the FCS has significantly shifted to the West in recent years and there certainly is no reason to thing it will ever shift back to the East. Going forward, the East can be expected to be a irrevelant as they are right now--fact.

There are also something like 9 more western FCS schools in the Southland additions and the Dakotas, in his time frame. Two places where football is unbelivably powerful, Texas and the upper-midwest. The east coast really lucked out when UN-Omaha dropped football when they decided to transition to DI. UNO UND and USD were all division 2 title contenders and would/will eventually contend for FCS titles, I expect something similar is true with some of the texas/arkansas adds, I just am not familiar with them.

East coast power aficionados should fear MSU-Mankato and UM-Duluth transitioning to DI.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 18th, 2013, 10:17 AM

Especially since most of those championship teams have now jumped to FBS.

Gil Dobie
December 18th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Only 1 EC team made it to Frisco the last 3 years.

Twentysix
December 18th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Going back to 1989, 11 championships are now FBS, 5 belong to western FCS teams, 8 belong to eastern FCS teams. Those 8 include 4 Youngstown State championships as "eastern".

Without Youngstown back to 1989, it is 5 for the west, 4 for the east, 11 to the FBS, 4 for youngstown who is easternish, but belongs to a western conference.

Score 2 for the FBS 1 for the west 1 for youngstown and 0.75 for the east coast power.

North Dakota State
Craig Bohl
39-13
Sam Houston State
Frisco, Texas

North Dakota State
Craig Bohl
17-6
Sam Houston State
Frisco, Texas

Eastern Washington
Beau Baldwin
20-19
Delaware
Frisco, Texas

Villanova
Andy Talley
23-21
Montana
Chattanooga, Tenn.

Richmond
Mike London
24-7
Montana
Chattanooga, Tenn.

Apalachian State
Jerry Moore
49-21
Delaware
Chattanooga, Tenn.

Apalachian State
Jerry Moore
28-17
Massachusetts
Chattanooga, Tenn.

Apalachian State
Jerry Moore
21-16
UNI
Chattanooga, Tenn.

James Madison
Mickey Matthews
31-21
Montana
Chattanooga, Tenn.

Delaware
K.C. Keeler
40-0
Colgate
Chattanooga, Tenn.

Western Kentucky
Jack Harbaugh
34-14
McNeese State
Chattanooga, Tenn.

Montana
Joe Glenn
13-6
Furman
Chattanooga, Tenn.

Georgia Southern
Paul Johnson
27-25
Montana
Chattanooga, Tenn.

Georgia Southern
Paul Johnson
59-24
Youngstown State
Chattanooga, Tenn.

Massachusetts
Mark Whipple
55-43
Georgia Southern
Chattanooga, Tenn.

Youngstown State
Jim Tressel
10-9
McNeese State
Chattanooga, Tenn.

Marshall
Bob Pruett
49-29
Montana
Huntington, W.Va.

Montana
Don read
22-20
Marshall
Huntington, W.Va.

Youngstown State
Jim Tressel
28-14
Boise State
Huntington, W.Va.

Youngstown State
Jim Tressel
17-5
Marshall
Huntington, W.Va.

Marshall
Jim Donnan
31-28
Youngstown State
Huntington, W.Va.

Youngstown State
Jim Tressel
25-17
Marshall
Statesboro, Ga.

Georgia Southern
Tim Stowers
36-13
Nevada
Statesboro, Ga.

Georgia Southern
Erk Russell
37-34
*Stephen F. Austin
Statesboro, Ga.

Furman
Jimmy Satterfield
17-12
Georgia Southern
Pocatello, Idaho

Louisiana-Monroe
Pat Collins
43-42
Marshall
Pocatello, Idaho

Georgia Southern
Erk Russell
48-21
Arkansas State
Tacoma, Wash.

Georgia Southern
Erk Russell
44-42
Furman
Tacoma, Wash.

Montana State
Dave Arnold
19-6
Louisiana Tech
Charleston, S.C.

Southern Illinois
Rey Dempsey
43-7
Western Carolina
Charleston, S.C.

Eastern Kentucky
Roy Kidd
17-14
Delaware
Wichita Falls, Texas

Idaho State
Dave Kragthorpe
34-23
Eastern Kentucky
Wichita Falls, Texas

Boise State
Jim Criner
31-29
Eastern Kentucky
Sacramento, Calif.

Eastern Kentucky
Roy Kidd
30-7
Lehigh
Orlando, Fla.

Florida A&M
Ruby Hubbard
35-28
Massachusetts
Wichita Falls, Texas

semobison
December 18th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Only 1 EC team made it to Frisco the last 3 years.

And they were favored and lost!

Ronin
December 18th, 2013, 10:24 AM
Using the Mississippi river as the dividing point. East had 15 teams to start compared to 9 for west. However, 5 west teams were seeded compared to only 3 for east.
The final 4 breakdown was 2 apiece, but bear in mind that one bracket up to this point only included teams from the east. Of the other three remaining teams 2 of 3 are from the west.

While the west does not have the same number of conferences or teams. Overall (avg.) their competitiveness is quite high.

Mattymc727
December 18th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Ummmm, who cares whether East or West is better? There is only ONE champion.....

Twentysix
December 18th, 2013, 10:38 AM
East coast afficianados and those who combat their propoganda :p.

Mattymc727
December 18th, 2013, 10:58 AM
East coast afficianados and those who combat their propoganda :p.

I see... I guess i dont see the issue here. Obviously the East is king in every aspect, we started this country.

semobison
December 18th, 2013, 11:17 AM
I see... I guess i dont see the issue here. Obviously the East is king in every aspect, we started this country.

And the West opened this country up so you guys didn't have to keep crapping all over each other!

Bisonator
December 18th, 2013, 11:37 AM
And the West opened this country up so you guys didn't have to keep crapping all over each other!
xlolx

Obes
December 18th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Ummmm, who cares whether East or West is better? There is only ONE champion.....

And it probably won't be your squad!! :D

Bisonoline
December 18th, 2013, 03:29 PM

I do believe there were people living here WAY before the Europeans arrived. Who is WE????? LOL

DoubleH
December 18th, 2013, 06:24 PM

Lol, wut? Were you drunk when you typed this?

kalm
December 18th, 2013, 06:30 PM
7 of the last 8 semifinals have been held West of the Mississippi as have 9 out of the 16 contestants. Just throwing that out there for giggles.

DoubleH
December 18th, 2013, 06:53 PM
I would define "power base" as where the majority of quality teams are located. If you look at the last 10 champions, there are 3 from the SoCon (all the same team), 2 from the Valley (same team), 1 from the Big Sky... and 4 different teams from the CAA. EWU and the Montana schools may be perennial powers, but in that timeframe, would anyone consider any other BSC team as even remote shot national title contenders? I have a lot of respect for the depth in the MVC, but again, outside of NDSU, UNI, SIU, and maybe YSU, what other team could have been considered a legit contender in the last 10 years? Conversely, in the CAA alone, 4 different teams won titles, and another 3 have made semi-final games (2 if you exclude now-FBS UMASS). This doesn't even take into account Maine, who was very good this year, and my Tigers.

Then look at the SoCon and the success of the programs there, plus an improving Big South and then the Patriot League (who puts out a pretty good team every now and then - see Colgate 2003, for one), which will be much better as the scholarships start to flow. Obviously losing App and GaSo is significant, but with all that said, there are simply more quality teams/programs in the east than in the west.

Richland1
December 18th, 2013, 07:15 PM
How many "all" West Team Championships in a row will it take for you to get it? We're talking about the here and now and the future--It will be bleaker for the East next year so get used to it. AND for the record--Towson has been in how many FCS Championship games? Has how many FCS Championship flags---? Thought so==0!

I would define "power base" as where the majority of quality teams are located. If you look at the last 10 champions, there are 3 from the SoCon (all the same team), 2 from the Valley (same team), 1 from the Big Sky... and 4 different teams from the CAA. EWU and the Montana schools may be perennial powers, but in that timeframe, would anyone consider any other BSC team as even remote shot national title contenders? I have a lot of respect for the depth in the MVC, but again, outside of NDSU, UNI, SIU, and maybe YSU, what other team could have been considered a legit contender in the last 10 years? Conversely, in the CAA alone, 4 different teams won titles, and another 3 have made semi-final games (2 if you exclude now-FBS UMASS). This doesn't even take into account Maine, who was very good this year, and my Tigers.

Then look at the SoCon and the success of the programs there, plus an improving Big South and then the Patriot League (who puts out a pretty good team every now and then - see Colgate 2003, for one), which will be much better as the scholarships start to flow. Obviously losing App and GaSo is significant, but with all that said, there are simply more quality teams/programs in the east than in the west.

clenz
December 18th, 2013, 08:38 PM
Fwiw I did an analysis on what the geographic mid point of the fcs is not too long ago and it's just SE of Louisville

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

Go...gate
December 18th, 2013, 08:54 PM

Then look at the SoCon and the success of the programs there, plus an improving Big South and then the Patriot League (who puts out a pretty good team every now and then - see Colgate 2003, for one) , which will be much better as the scholarships start to flow. Obviously losing App and GaSo is significant, but with all that said, there are simply more quality teams/programs in the east than in the west.

In fairness, Holy Cross 1987 should also be mentioned.

Still considered by many to be one of the greatest 1-AA/FCS teams ever, voted #1 in the final poll, but not allowed to participate in the playoffs due to Patriot League policy.

Twentysix
December 18th, 2013, 09:20 PM
I do believe there were people living here WAY before the Europeans arrived. Who is WE????? LOL

And dinosaurs.

Grandma T-Rex disapproves of his mammal-centric view.

Bogus Megapardus
December 18th, 2013, 10:39 PM
I do believe there were people living here WAY before the Europeans arrived.

Indeed. And all of them were pushed aside rather easily by graduates of northeastern schools. When you have to pull rank, look to a Yank.

Also, I still can't comprehend what all those people were doing out there on our land before we got here. Nice little thread you have going here, BTW.

Bogus Megapardus
December 18th, 2013, 10:51 PM

I'm not sure this remark has been addressed sufficiently, so it's worth another bump. I sense a lack of efforting.

Bisonoline
December 19th, 2013, 12:01 AM

must be a lot of little ones by the look of this thread.

Vitojr130
December 19th, 2013, 02:19 AM

Pshhh and you would have lost it too if it wasn't for a MN regiment in Gettysburg... xthumbsupx

Lehigh'98
December 19th, 2013, 03:43 AM
Pshhh and you would have lost it too if it wasn't for a MN regiment in Gettysburg... xthumbsupx

As if this couldn't get any worse, now you've risked starting yet another Civil War spin debate.

art vandelay
December 19th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Is there a competition I should know about??? No offense, but who cares if the east has more good teams than the west. Like we have some control over that. Some of the pissing matches that people get into are pretty hilarious!xlolx

There are more winning coaches that drive Fords that Chevy's.

Every 1000 yard rusher but one eats Wheaties instead of Cheerios.

Blonde haired linebackers hit harder than brown haired linebackers.

Aside from it being entertaining to argue some type of regional strength to make us feel like tougher human beings, what is the point of this? There, you are tough cause you're from the East. Feel better?

your wrong: I know a brown hair linebacker who ate more Cheerios than anyone who ever drove a Chevy on the East coast. you don't know anything.

Bisonator
December 19th, 2013, 11:12 AM

And cue Cit in 3...2....1....

DoubleH
December 19th, 2013, 01:30 PM
How many "all" West Team Championships in a row will it take for you to get it? We're talking about the here and now and the future--It will be bleaker for the East next year so get used to it. AND for the record--Towson has been in how many FCS Championship games? Has how many FCS Championship flags---? Thought so==0!

Get what? Three years of results just may be a bit too small of a sample size, dontcha think? That's why I went out 10 years. I already addressed the future. And as to the here and know... I can only assume, in Richland WA, that you are an EWU fan. We will see come Saturday how the mighty EWU Eagles, champions of the vaunted Big Sky Conference, perform against an overrated, outclassed, championship-less eastern team.

DoubleH
December 19th, 2013, 01:32 PM
In fairness, Holy Cross 1987 should also be mentioned.

Still considered by many to be one of the greatest 1-AA/FCS teams ever, voted #1 in the final poll, but not allowed to participate in the playoffs due to Patriot League policy.

Oh duly noted, that team was legit, but I only looked at the last 10 years since so much has changed in the FCS going back even to the 90's.

Richland1
December 19th, 2013, 06:15 PM
Great Programs have great teams year after year. Montana has made the semi-final game 7 times since 2000, winning 5 times. That put Montana in the FCS final 5 times in the last 13 years. WE see Towsons name no where. Now that GSU and ASU have left the FCS..........
We could also discuss number of games won since the start of the 2000 season, etc. The bottom line, like most everything in the East Coast, you have exceeded your Stale date. Enjoy another all "WEST" FCS championship game in January. The beat goes on.......

FCS FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS STATING WITH 2000
Year Winner
2000---Georgia Southern-27–25- Montana
2001—Montana--13–6—Furman
2002---Western Kentucky--34–14--McNeese State
2003—Delaware--40–0—Colgate
2004---James Madison--31–21—Montana
2005---Appalachian State--21–16-- Northern Iowa
2006--- Appalachian State---28–17—Massachusetts (Montana lost in Semi-Final )
2007--- Appalachian State --49–21—Delaware
2008--- Richmond--24–7—Montana
2009---Villanova--23–21—Montana
2010---Eastern Washington--20–19—Delaware
2011---North Dakota State-- 17–6--Sam Houston State (Montana lost in Semi-Final)
2012--North Dakota State--39-13--Sam Houston State

Wallace
December 20th, 2013, 05:43 AM
Well... and I am not aligned to the East but...

...The bottom line, like most everything in the East Coast, you have exceeded your Stale date. Enjoy another all "WEST" FCS championship game in January. The beat goes on.......

DIVISION I FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS STATING WITH 2000
Year Winner
2006--- Appalachian State---28–17—Massachusetts
2011---North Dakota State-- 17–6--Sam Houston State

Looks pretty even

Twentysix
December 20th, 2013, 04:59 PM
Great Programs have great teams year after year. Montana has made the semi-final game 7 times since 2000, winning 5 times. That put Montana in the FCS final 5 times in the last 13 years. WE see Towsons name no where. Now that GSU and ASU have left the FCS..........
We could also discuss number of games won since the start of the 2000 season, etc. The bottom line, like most everything in the East Coast, you have exceeded your Stale date. Enjoy another all "WEST" FCS championship game in January. The beat goes on.......

Year Winner
2011---North Dakota State-- 17–6--Sam Houston State (Montana lost in Semi-Final)

More accurately the last 2 were all Great Plains championships. But in an east vs west case we surely fit west more than east.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/78/Map_of_Great_Plains.png

Bogus Megapardus
December 20th, 2013, 05:09 PM
It's now devolved into gerrymandering.

Yotes
December 20th, 2013, 09:55 PM
East Coast looking real solid tonight.......

DoubleH
December 20th, 2013, 10:31 PM

Year Winner

You, sir, are not very bright, because you are only reinforcing my point. I already listed Montana as a perennial power. I also made the point that the CAA's 4 titles in the last ten years - most of any conference - came from 4 DIFFERENT TEAMS. This illustrates - wait for it - the conference's depth. Agreeing with my point that Montana is a perennial power does nothing to further the argument that there are more quality teams in the west than the east.

In any event, I'm far more interested in the game tomorrow than continuing this ATM. Perhaps we can revisit this tomorrow evening...

Darlinikki150
December 20th, 2013, 11:31 PM
Well that's one CAA team out, sorry guys.

Twentysix
December 21st, 2013, 12:24 AM
Well that's one CAA team out, sorry guys.

At least they were competetive xeyebrowx

NDSU vs E. Coast this year

DSU: 51-0
Furman: 38-7
Coastal Carolina: 48-14
New Hampshire: 52-14

189-35 starters pulled in every single game.

Darlinikki150
December 21st, 2013, 02:07 AM

And we are laughing all the way to Frisco...

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2013, 05:24 AM

MV > CAA

Total domination by the Bison.

Actually, Furman is better than UNH, they had a better defense.

Twentysix
December 21st, 2013, 09:35 AM
MV > CAA

Total domination by the Bison.

Actually, Furman is better than UNH, they had a better defense.

Agreed, Furman was the best of the 3 playoff teams.

clenz
December 21st, 2013, 10:00 PM
I can't ****in believe UNI wasn't better than the ****ing **** that made the field this year.

Holy ****ing slap dick field, bat man. UNI is a semi-final team this year running the second and third stringers that we were.

DSUrocks07
December 22nd, 2013, 10:00 AM

Aww, you remembered us ♥

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Gil Dobie
December 22nd, 2013, 10:23 AM
I can't ****in believe UNI wasn't better than the ****ing **** that made the field this year.

Holy ****ing slap dick field, bat man. UNI is a semi-final team this year running the second and third stringers that we were.

After watching the playoffs, UNI is a top 5 team.

ebirToG
December 22nd, 2013, 01:55 PM
After watching the playoffs, UNI is a top 5 team.

Top 5 what? Top 5 loss team? They may be and that rightly leaves them at home...

The playoffs I have been watching show a dominant NDSU as the ONLY team that can beat a CAA team. Even if they beat Towson it will still be true.

Maybe we should have just let in Villanova, JMU, Richmond, W&M and Delaware as the remaining seeds.

Wilson16
December 22nd, 2013, 02:00 PM
Top 5 what? Top 5 loss team? They may be and that rightly leaves them at home...

The playoffs I have been watching show a dominant NDSU as the ONLY team that can beat a CAA team. Even if they beat Towson it will still be true.

Maybe we should have just let in Villanova, JMU, Richmond, W&M and Delaware as the remaining seeds.

You forgot the purple font cause you have to be joking

ebirToG
December 22nd, 2013, 02:07 PM
You forgot the purple font cause you have to be joking

Sorry... corrected it.

UNI IS a top 5 team

Is that better?

Wilson16
December 22nd, 2013, 03:25 PM
Sorry... corrected it.

UNI IS a top 5 team

Is that better?
More like the fact that NDSU is the ONLY team that could beat a CAA team. What a joke and you know it. That is a nomination for the preposterous statement award.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2013, 03:46 PM

A banged up UNI team is not a semi final team. A healthy UNI probably would have been.

clenz
December 22nd, 2013, 04:11 PM
A banged up UNI team is not a semi final team. A healthy UNI probably would have been.

Did you see the slap dick teams in the playoffs this year?

Wilson16
December 22nd, 2013, 04:14 PM

UNI is a playoff team for sure and semis plus if healthy.

gregatim
December 22nd, 2013, 04:19 PM

The UNI team that came to Fargo was better competition than any of the playoff teams we played. Sadly the team that left Fargo wasn't the same team that came in. If that game is at the end of the year, UNI is in the playoffs and likely smashing some of these same teams.

clenz
December 22nd, 2013, 04:26 PM
The UNI team that came to Fargo was better competition than any of the playoff teams we played. Sadly the team that left Fargo wasn't the same team that came in. If that game is at the end of the year, UNI is in the playoffs and likely smashing some of these same teams.
The UNI team that took the field the last 3 weeks of the season was head and shoulders better than the team that left Fargo.

It was mentioned, maybe not in this thread I don't remember, that UNI has no depth. The team that won 3 in a row to end the season was still the second and third string players. The difference is that they finally got time to gel together and gel with the "first teamers" out there. It's one thing to put one new WR on the field, and a new LB on the field, etc...

It's a completely different thing to get the timing between the starting QB (who was fighting concussion like symptoms) and WRs who he likely didn't throw to in camp. Once they got the time timing down the offense looked a little better.

At the end of the season DJ was about 80-85% again. The defense was playing better, the offense had the new WR/TE starting to flow together.

That 5 game skid trying to break those players in was tough, but it's not like UNI was getting blown out. UNI's second and third stringers lost those 5 games by a total of 28 points - less than TD per game, and only 1 wasn't a 1 score game...with 3 OT games. Basically UNI's second team took SDSU to double OT - does that say more about UNI or SDSU?

It just sucks to see a team with that much talent get passed over for some real slap dick teams.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2013, 04:31 PM
The UNI team that took the field the last 3 weeks of the season was head and shoulders better than the team that left Fargo.

It was mentioned, maybe not in this thread I don't remember, that UNI has no depth. The team that won 3 in a row to end the season was still the second and third string players. The difference is that they finally got time to gel together and gel with the "first teamers" out there. It's one thing to put one new WR on the field, and a new LB on the field, etc...

It's a completely different thing to get the timing between the starting QB (who was fighting concussion like symptoms) and WRs who he likely didn't throw to in camp. Once they got the time timing down the offense looked a little better.

At the end of the season DJ was about 80-85% again. The defense was playing better, the offense had the new WR/TE starting to flow together.

That 5 game skid trying to break those players in was tough, but it's not like UNI was getting blown out. UNI's second and third stringers lost those 5 games by a total of 28 points - less than TD per game, and only 1 wasn't a 1 score game...with 3 OT games. Basically UNI's second team took SDSU to double OT - does that say more about UNI or SDSU?

It just sucks to see a team with that much talent get passed over for some real slap dick teams.

Well, you should be pretty optimistic for next year then. All those 2nds and 3rds got some valuable playing time this year. UNI would have been in if they won 1 of those OT games.

Even with all these seniors leaving, I'm pumped for next year also. The Bison are going to be good next year too.

Wilson16
December 22nd, 2013, 04:49 PM

On the other side of the coin NDSU plays much more than their first team in every game. That's why they call it a football team and not football first stringers only.

clenz
December 22nd, 2013, 04:59 PM
Well, you should be pretty optimistic for next year then. All those 2nds and 3rds got some valuable playing time this year. UNI would have been in if they won 1 of those OT games.

Even with all these seniors leaving, I'm pumped for next year also. The Bison are going to be good next year too.
Extremely. UNI played just a handful of seniors and get our best WR back next season - he missed the entire season with an ACL, and best TE who had two catches on the season in the two games he played...ended up with big injuries on both (dislocated elbow against ISU on his first catch that caused him to miss 4 games then on his next catch tore his ACL).

Offensively UNI returns 100% of it's rushing yards, 100% of it's passing yards, 90+% of receiving yards (9 of top 10 WR), 100% of return yards, 4 of 5 starting OL (plus I don't think we had any srs that rotated in), 10 of 11 interceptions, and loses just 4 of the top 15-20 tacklers.

The beauty of it all is, like you said, most of the players that had a lot of PT this year are players that may not have without the injuries and have true game experience (not just mop up duty) for next season.

I think UNI *should* be the favorites in the conference next season...but we'll see.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2013, 05:01 PM
IMO, UNI should be the preseason favorite in the MV with what they have coming back.

1. UNI
2. NDSU

ebirToG
December 22nd, 2013, 05:14 PM
More like the fact that NDSU is the ONLY team that could beat a CAA team. What a joke and you know it. That is a nomination for the preposterous statement award.

Yes, many teams can (and have) beat a CAA team... but that fact remains in the 2013 playoffs nobody other than NDSU did. I am not sure why you call that preposterous. Claiming that a 5 loss team is a top 5 team is actually preposterous. The last point I made about all the other teams in the CAA being added as seeds was simply to point out the "top 5" claim was kinda funny - but it was not written in purple font either.

I don't want to win the preposterous statement award (unless it comes with a cool trophy) so I will go back through the bracket to highlight all the other teams that have beaten a CAA team - maybe I missed a couple.

Wilson16
December 22nd, 2013, 05:17 PM
Yes, many teams can (and have) beat a CAA team... but that fact remains in the 2013 playoffs nobody other than NDSU did. I am not sure why you call that preposterous. Claiming that a 5 loss team is a top 5 team is actually preposterous. The last point I made about all the other teams in the CAA being added as seeds was simply to point out the "top 5" claim was kinda funny - but it was not written in purple font either.

I don't want to win the preposterous statement award (unless it comes with a cool trophy) so I will go back through the bracket to highlight all the other teams that have beaten a CAA team - maybe I missed a couple.

Im not the one that said they're top five although I do believe they are the best team NDSU has played this year. And why only go through the playoff bracket the MV only got two teams in the bracket to begin with?

Tubby Raymond
December 22nd, 2013, 07:01 PM

Easy for you to diagnose that little dick disease eh

Yotes
December 22nd, 2013, 08:04 PM
At least 4 MVFC teams deserved to be in the playoffs based on what I've seen, if not more.