PDA

View Full Version : North Dakota State vs Towson - National Championship

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Texas
December 13th, 2013, 11:02 PM
Face it those other teams suck. I'm calling it.
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1831951/joe-seattlefan_medium.gif

NoDak 4 Ever
December 13th, 2013, 11:04 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-25067-And-Here-We-Go-Joker-gif-Imgur-x71M.gif

DoubleH
December 13th, 2013, 11:04 PM
Lol I hope so. All I m ow is we're,a win away from Frisco.

Texas
December 13th, 2013, 11:09 PM
http://img.pandawhale.com/post-25067-And-Here-We-Go-Joker-gif-Imgur-x71M.gif
http://uboachan.net/yn/src/1360549093445.gif

BisonHype!
December 13th, 2013, 11:14 PM
Let's not put the cart before the horse...

Texas
December 13th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Let's not put the cart before the horse...
True, I should change Towson to Eastern Washington. The upsets would be glorious.

paward
December 14th, 2013, 09:03 AM
That is my poll pick!

Twentysix
December 14th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Not close enough to the chipper to make this call.

melloware13
December 14th, 2013, 09:35 AM
My main fear for Towson is that I have yet to see them play a complete 4 quarters, and some times it has come back to bite them hard. Towson, at their best, is a tough out for anyone, but it will be exciting to watch.

BEAR
December 14th, 2013, 09:38 AM
Neither team has made it yet. We'll see. Two good ones though.

ngineer
December 14th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Towson has an excellent offense, but their defense concerns me as far as being able to be stout enough to win a NC. I think a match up with NDSU would be great. Wouldn't an "all CAA" final with UNH be a scream?!

Tribe93
December 14th, 2013, 10:21 AM
Towson is an excellent team but played some very close games in the CAA and lost a couple. The CAA's top 6 teams could have beaten EIU on any given Saturday, or Friday.

Danco
December 14th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Awwww, Texas - where is your faith in the Southland Conference.

Face it those other teams suck. I'm calling it.
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1831951/joe-seattlefan_medium.gif

caribbeanhen
December 14th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Towson is an excellent team but played some very close games in the CAA and lost a couple. The CAA's top 6 teams could have beaten EIU on any given Saturday, or Friday.

and remember back when the CAA was real good

unhfan1
December 14th, 2013, 12:39 PM
No one beats North Dakota State this year.

UNH Fanboi
December 14th, 2013, 01:06 PM

NDSU is looking like the '85 Bears right now. It's scary.

Hammerhead
December 14th, 2013, 04:12 PM
NDSU's average margin of victory in the playoffs the past 3 seasons is 20 points. I like our chances for the threepeat.

Southern Bison
December 14th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Taking a snapshot right now, I see Towson as the toughest possible matchup in Frisco. Strong running team to ground & pound just like the Bison, but their D is not as strong as the Bison nor is their passing game. NDSU has shown they can score big-time points when they want to so the matchup against EWU/JSU will show just how strong the Bison Defense is by shutting either offense down.

UIWWildthing
December 14th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Preseason I said NDSU/Towson for the title with the Bison getting the threepeat. I still say that. If Towson makes it to Frisco and loses, you know what, they got there. 4 years ago I would have laughed at you if you were to tell me that the Tigers would make the semis, let alone the national title game. It's about enjoying the run now.

buffalobill
December 14th, 2013, 04:39 PM
The Bison played Towson back in the D-2 days during playoffs in 1983 in Fargo and won 24-17. If they play and Towson can effectively run the football that might be a similar type score.

stevdock
December 14th, 2013, 05:32 PM
Preseason I said NDSU/Towson for the title with the Bison getting the threepeat. I still say that. If Towson makes it to Frisco and loses, you know what, they got there. 4 years ago I would have laughed at you if you were to tell me that the Tigers would make the semis, let alone the national title game. It's about enjoying the run now.

I remember thinking early season that the one team that I don't want to see is Towson on our side of the bracket. Thankfully they are on the other side and I'm pretty sure that would be an insane championship game. It is fun having a team that likes to play a little defense also though.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2013, 05:33 PM
After the last two weeks, I'm not afraid to play anybody left.

semobison
December 14th, 2013, 05:39 PM
The Bison played Towson back in the D-2 days during playoffs in 1983 in Fargo and won 24-17. If they play and Towson can effectively run the football that might be a similar type score.

I was at that game. We had the all frosh backfield, Bentrim, Stark and Molstre!

Texas
December 14th, 2013, 06:33 PM
The way that EWU played sticking to my prediction. Towson will have a field day much like SHSU did on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

SIUSalukiFan
December 14th, 2013, 06:41 PM

I tend to agree.

TigerFen
December 14th, 2013, 07:19 PM
Honestly, there's too much ahead for us to see this game. Both EWU and the winner of SELA/UNH may have things to say about this pairing. I kind of hope for UNH or SELA in the championship due to NDSU defense.

Lehigh'98
December 14th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Honestly, there's too much ahead for us to see this game. Both EWU and the winner of SELA/UNH may have things to say about this pairing. I kind of hope for UNH or SELA in the championship due to NDSU defense.

Not happening. Watching both these teams now. To beat NDSU you need an offensive weapon like Grappolo or West combined with a stout defense. Both these teams are solid, but don't have weapons to keep up in the dome.

Texas
December 14th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Not happening. Watching both these teams now. To beat NDSU you need an offensive weapon like Grappolo or West combined with a stout defense. Both these teams are solid, but don't have weapons to keep up in the dome.
You have to fight fire with fire. Which ever offense or special team unit that messes up loses. It's what happened to us twice.
Bohl is a master mind.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 14th, 2013, 11:42 PM
Think about this. A NDSU/Towson game will give the Bison a shot at holding the nation's top 3 rushers all under 50 yds.

Cleets
December 14th, 2013, 11:50 PM
Wow...
There is some serious disrespecting of Eastern Washington going on around here

xeyebrowx

I'm a fan of Towson but you cannot bank on Eastern just turning the ball over (and over and over) like they did today

buffalobill
December 14th, 2013, 11:51 PM
Like Ole said to Sven "If dat team from Maryland is going to beat da Bison they vill have to score a towson points!:D

tomq04
December 14th, 2013, 11:56 PM
Lots of harping on EWU when they get to play at home next week. Still think they have a better chance than Townson to meet NDSU in Frisco.

buffalobill
December 14th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Lots of harping on EWU when they get to play at home next week. Still think they have a better chance than Townson to meet NDSU in Frisco.
That may be true against Townson but it will be a better game against Towson!:)

Mr. C
December 15th, 2013, 12:32 AM
Towson has an excellent offense, but their defense concerns me as far as being able to be stout enough to win a NC. I think a match up with NDSU would be great. Wouldn't an "all CAA" final with UNH be a scream?!
The way Towson has handled New Hampshire in recent years, we don't want a Towson-UNH championship game. That would be ugly.

UNHknowledge
December 15th, 2013, 12:49 AM
The way Towson has handled New Hampshire in recent years, we don't want a Towson-UNH championship game. That would be ugly.

I'm a serious UNH homer, and I'd have to agree with that statement. As slim as our chances are these next two weeks, I like our chances against NDSU more than I do against Towson. West is as good as they get. I'd go as far as to say that he's probably better than Williams at BC (Doak Walker winner), and West is only a junior. I remember watching West as a freshman against a very stout Richmond D and he made them look like a total sieve. But hey, UNH is true grit right now. Other than Bohl, Coach Mac has the most playoff experience of the remaining coaches too, that has to mean something.

X-Factor
December 15th, 2013, 05:59 AM
I'm a serious UNH homer, and I'd have to agree with that statement. As slim as our chances are these next two weeks, I like our chances against NDSU more than I do against Towson. West is as good as they get. I'd go as far as to say that he's probably better than Williams at BC (Doak Walker winner), and West is only a junior. I remember watching West as a freshman against a very stout Richmond D and he made them look like a total sieve. But hey, UNH is true grit right now. Other than Bohl, Coach Mac has the most playoff experience of the remaining coaches too, that has to mean something.

Playoff experience, but how do you explain that piss poor clock management on Friday? Horrendous! I figured that he would make a good Bison coach until I saw that

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 15th, 2013, 06:07 AM

Some teams just don't match up well. Plus being a conference foe makes it even tougher because the teams know each other so well.

Towson is a very good team but I would say the Bison have a much better defense and a lot better passing game.

caribbeanhen
December 15th, 2013, 06:45 AM
Just let N Dakota State go play the florida St Auburn winner and give SELA a merry Christmas call..... your back in it. N Dak state is far and above any of the FCS teams left

AmsterBison
December 15th, 2013, 07:33 AM

Was it snowy that game? For some reason I thought it was but had a family deal and missed the game (had to listen on the radio.)

wmmii
December 15th, 2013, 07:59 AM
I would love to see UNH beat NDSU but do not see it. Tribe beat UNH at home 17-0 for their only shutout since 1995 this year, see NDSU winning at home.

Got Towson and NDSU in the final of my pool also. Tribe lost to them 15-9 at home. West is the real deal as we "held" him to only 160 yards! The only weakness Towson has is no kicking game but with West has not been an issue. Their D bends but does not break. My prediction is 14-13 Towson.........

JPhillips71
December 15th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Eastern is the only team in the picture that can claim a victory over Bohl and Jensen and in the playoffs no less. Granted the teams are different, but Coach Baldwin can definitely be a match for Bohl. Not using that as a predictor of a win because there are a ton of new factors, but i'd consider it a positive for EWU in that potential matchup vs other teams that have not had that experience. Brock and DJ were definitely a load, thats for sure.

blukeys
December 15th, 2013, 02:38 PM
Eastern is the only team in the picture that can claim a victory over Bohl and Jensen and in the playoffs no less.

Maybe you weren't paying attention but neither UNH nor Towson have ever played NDSU. It is tough to beat someone who you never played.

TigerFen
December 15th, 2013, 02:57 PM

Your forgetting this is in a neutral site. If NDSU is in there, it will effectively be a NDSU home game due to all the NDSU who have already bought tickets and hotel rooms. If they're not there, it becomes a fairer fight. The most improved team from when I saw them in September is UNH. I think the NDSU-UNH game is closer than people think. They played much better defensively over the last few weeks.

NDSUSR
December 15th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Your forgetting this is in a neutral site. If NDSU is in there, it will effectively be a NDSU home game due to all the NDSU who have already bought tickets and hotel rooms. If they're not there, it becomes a fairer fight. The most improved team from when I saw them in September is UNH. I think the NDSU-UNH game is closer than people think. They played much better defensively over the last few weeks.

Frisco is not a neutral site, its like southern Fargo.

UIWWildthing
December 15th, 2013, 03:02 PM
Why are we even playing then? Lets just crown NDSU and call it a playoff. Yes, NDSU is the team to beat, but they CAN lose. They could lose to UNH or the winner of EWU/Towson.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2013, 03:05 PM
Why are we even playing then? Lets just crown NDSU and call it a playoff. Yes, NDSU is the team to beat, but they CAN lose. They could lose to UNH or the winner of EWU/Towson.

Of course they could. They just won't.

Why does every whine like this? "oh boo hoo, why should we even show up?!?!?!"

UIWWildthing
December 15th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Of course they could. They just won't.

Why does every whine like this? "oh boo hoo, why should we even show up?!?!?!"
Whining? It's not whining at all. All I read in thread after thread is how superior NDSU is, and in some cases NDSU fans have even said why bother playing. I'm far from whining, I will admin again that NDSU is the team to beat. All i say is that it's far from a forgone conclusion.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 15th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Whining? It's not whining at all. All I read in thread after thread is how superior NDSU is, and in some cases NDSU fans have even said why bother playing. I'm far from whining, I will admin again that NDSU is the team to beat. All i say is that it's far from a forgone conclusion.

No where will you find a NDSU poster saying "don't bother playing".

Gil Dobie
December 15th, 2013, 03:36 PM
Maybe you weren't paying attention but neither UNH nor Towson have ever played NDSU. It is tough to beat someone who you never played.

NDSU beat Towson in the DII playoffs, back in the 1980's, before that Fargodome.

IBleedYellow
December 15th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Still 60 minutes of football left for NDSU just to get to Frisco. People need to slow down.

Should be a fun game against UNH.

Gil Dobie
December 15th, 2013, 03:39 PM
Was it snowy that game? For some reason I thought it was but had a family deal and missed the game (had to listen on the radio.)

It was cold and may have been some snow on the ground, but I don't remember it snowing.

Twentysix
December 15th, 2013, 04:02 PM

The archive likely has photos of the game, if you are really curious about the snow.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 15th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Wow...
There is some serious disrespecting of Eastern Washington going on around here

xeyebrowx

I'm a fan of Towson but you cannot bank on Eastern just turning the ball over (and over and over) like they did today

Its not disrespect they just are not that good.

Hammerhead
December 15th, 2013, 05:16 PM
The Towson media guide refers to a "snowy Fargo" on Nov. 26, 1983 although no snow fell on that day according to the weather underground.

If I remember correctly, the Towson team did their "death march" slowly walking out of the locker room with their helmets up in the air.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 15th, 2013, 05:33 PM
So after yesterday I have made two trips to the Fargodome and Nikki has dodged me both times. I had to do shots with another female Bison fan instead. I hope this karma doesnt come back on your team next weekend against NH.

xnodx xthumbsupx

Darlinikki150
December 15th, 2013, 05:34 PM
So after yesterday I have made two trips to the Fargodome and Nikki has dodged me both times. I had to do shots with another female Bison fan instead. I hope this karma doesnt come back on your team next weekend against NH.

xnodx xthumbsupx

What the hell? Why don't you PM so I can give you my number and we can take shots?

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 15th, 2013, 05:36 PM
What the hell? Why don't you PM so I can give you my number and we can take shots?

Maybe in Frisco...........

Oh and dont tell Citdog, I am tired of answering questions from him.

xcoffeex

Darlinikki150
December 15th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Maybe in Frisco...........

Oh and dont tell Citdog, I am tired of answering questions from him.

xcoffeex

Lol, I will keep on the down low.

semobison
December 15th, 2013, 06:07 PM
The Towson media guide refers to a "snowy Fargo" on Nov. 26, 1983 although no snow fell on that day according to the weather underground.

If I remember correctly, the Towson team did their "death march" slowly walking out of the locker room with their helmets up in the air.

I remember their death march that day. It was my first year on campus. It was cold and windy and I had schnaaps in my coveralls. Bison won 24-17!

TSU86
December 15th, 2013, 06:34 PM
It was cold and may have been some snow on the ground, but I don't remember it snowing.

You're really goin out on a limb there, aren't ya?

Gil Dobie
December 15th, 2013, 07:04 PM
You're really goin out on a limb there, aren't ya?

Cold is relative to where you live, and there isn't always snow on the ground in Fargo in November.

Texas
December 21st, 2013, 04:16 PM
Bye bye EWU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Twentysix
December 21st, 2013, 04:19 PM
Right you were.

UNHWildcat18
December 21st, 2013, 04:19 PM
CAA VS. MVFC top two conferences in the national championship. I know NDSU is in a league of their own but the CAA is hopefully returning to 08-09 form for the years to come.

IBleedYellow
December 21st, 2013, 04:22 PM
CAA VS. MVFC top two conferences in the national championship. I know NDSU is in a league of their own but the CAA is hopefully returning to 08-09 form for the years to come.

They can next year. Maybe.

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2013, 04:23 PM

Good match up in Frisco.

Should be a good one......CAA vs MV

UIWWildthing
December 21st, 2013, 04:28 PM
To the many many NDSU fans here, good luck in 2 weeks. You are in for a tougher fight than you might think. I still think NDSU wins it all, because you guys are a GREAT team head to toe but this Tiger team never ever ever quits (and yes I need to believe harder)
Looking forward to Frisco!

Darlinikki150
December 21st, 2013, 04:32 PM
So Towson is the next east team to get crushed. Frisco is gonna be hella fun! Got my pep fest tix already! Go Bison!!!

Texas
December 21st, 2013, 04:32 PM
Sadly I don't think there will be the same level of smack as the past couple of years. :'(

IBleedYellow
December 21st, 2013, 04:33 PM
To the many many NDSU fans here, good luck in 2 weeks. You are in for a tougher fight than you might think. I still think NDSU wins it all, because you guys are a GREAT team head to toe but this Tiger team never ever ever quits (and yes I need to believe harder)
Looking forward to Frisco!

Of course it will be tough! I'm looking forward to shutting West down though, EWU did a pretty good job of that, I can't imagine what NDSU will do.

Wilson16
December 21st, 2013, 04:35 PM
Sadly I don't think there will be the same level of smack as the past couple of years. :'(

especially w/o that screaming eagle dou$&@ bag

NDSUSR

Towson fans seem very polite. I am sure a few will step up though, or maybe Lakes will make a fake account and smack it up.

Tribal
I'm looking to see how West does against NDSU. W&M held him in check for most of the game this year but he always seems to hit a couple of long balls. He ending up rushing for 150+ with two TDs as he wore down our defense.

UIWWildthing
December 21st, 2013, 04:36 PM
Oh there will be, but I have to say I respect NDSu and what they have done. I KNOW we are underdogs, but hey David beat Goliath, App State beat Michigan....

- - - Updated - - -

Towson fans seem very polite. I am sure a few will step up though, or maybe Lakes will make a fake account and smack it up.
Well I can talk smack and still be respectful :)

UIWWildthing
December 21st, 2013, 04:39 PM
I will say this, it's good I'll get to see Towson beat NDSU on national TV twice in 2 weeks starting tonight :)

dewey
December 21st, 2013, 04:40 PM
Oh there will be, but I have to say I respect NDSu and what they have done. I KNOW we are underdogs, but hey David beat Goliath, App State beat Michigan....

- - - Updated - - -

Well I can talk smack and still be respectful :)

Are you coming down to the game?

Dewey

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 21st, 2013, 04:45 PM

It's an east coast, urban university that's finally shaken its commuter school roots the last 10 years or so. The PL helped forge that identity imo. Towson has a lot in common with Temple and Lehigh (PL) so i find them easy to pull for. The Spadola deal aside, I kid, I kid....

NDSUtk
December 21st, 2013, 04:45 PM
I will say this, it's good I'll get to see Towson beat NDSU on national TV twice in 2 weeks starting tonight :)

Hey our basketball team is pretty decent. I think we'll give you a run for your money tonight.

centennial
December 21st, 2013, 04:46 PM
http://rolandog.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/Okay2_kindle.png

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2013, 04:51 PM

That's a good start.....xthumbsupx

dewey
December 21st, 2013, 04:51 PM
I am excited that the TU NDSU basketball game tonight at 7:00 is on the nbc nd network as well as espn3.

Go Bison!

Dewey

Professor Chaos
December 21st, 2013, 04:53 PM
Any word at the postgame presser about how bad Athens' shoulder injury is?

IBleedYellow
December 21st, 2013, 04:55 PM
I'll be at the BSA tonight and Frisco on the 31st! Let's go Bison!

buffalobill
December 21st, 2013, 05:30 PM
Bison fans have to understand that the support level for Towson University, in their part of the country, is much the same as the support for Minot State University or Valley City State University in ours. That statement is not a criticism it is just a fact. They may win and that's why you play the game, but we are not playing a peer institution and their level of fan support will reflect that, again not a criticism just a fact. If we truly want to be in the "big time" as far as football is concerned we have to understand that and not be judgmental of many teams in FCS football. We are obviously not FBS yet and maybe we will maybe we won't, nonetheless, Hail the Bison and the Great State of North Dakota!:):)

TigerFen
December 21st, 2013, 05:32 PM
Wasn't mentioned by Ambrose on Athens Injury, but will double check the video when it gets posted on towson's Website tonight or in the morning.

I have a question for those who have seen NDSU that aren't fans of NDSU. How physical is NDSU? I think the most physical team Offensive line wise in FCS is Towson and we're pretty physical on Defense especially in the secondary. I have only seen bits and pieces of NDSU, so I want to see people's thoughts on this.

Bronco
December 21st, 2013, 05:37 PM
It will be like trying to find Waldo looking for any Towson fans in the stands in Frisco

buffalobill
December 21st, 2013, 05:38 PM
Wasn't mentioned by Ambrose on Athens Injury, but will double check the video when it gets posted on towson's Website tonight or in the morning.

I have a question for those who have seen NDSU that aren't fans of NDSU. How physical is NDSU? I think the most physical team Offensive line wise in FCS is Towson and we're pretty physical on Defense especially in the secondary. I have only seen bits and pieces of NDSU, so I want to see people's thoughts on this.

The Bison will likely be the most physical team you will play all year. Good luck and strap your equipment on tight!:)

Bisonator
December 21st, 2013, 05:46 PM
Wasn't mentioned by Ambrose on Athens Injury, but will double check the video when it gets posted on t owson's Website tonight or in the morning.

IMO you think wrong. We will find out in 2 weeks I guess.

Missingnumber7
December 21st, 2013, 05:49 PM

If your OL is that physical it wouldve pushed around ewu alot more. Your QB was running for his life for a good part of the third qtr.

buffalobill
December 21st, 2013, 05:50 PM
It will be like trying to find Waldo looking for any Towson fans in the stands in Frisco

Who's Waldo!xrotatehxxrotatehxxpeacexxpeacex

Missingnumber7
December 21st, 2013, 05:51 PM
Wow...can i have some of your cool aid...must be grape drink. Aint happening two times, let alone once.

NDSUFREAK
December 21st, 2013, 05:55 PM

IMO it seemed like your defense was getting really exhausted starting mid to end of 3rd quarter...that is not good for you. NDSU is one of if not the most conditioned teams in the nation and has been proven over the years.

You probably wont get many non bison fan responses so just know we say we are physical and will piss pound the ball all game because thats what we do...ask kansas state. If we were fresher than them in the 4th quarter then towson will not ware down this team.

TUTigers
December 21st, 2013, 06:17 PM
If we get Athens back then I think we have a chance.

Wilson16
December 21st, 2013, 06:26 PM
So you're saying there's a chance ? :)

IBleedYellow
December 21st, 2013, 07:00 PM

I'd advise you to go watch tape. I personally haven't seen a tougher line on both sides of the ball as NDSU has been this year. I watched the K State game in person and we gave them all they could handle.

It'll be a great game, two physical teams. I will say this, EWU was wearing down your team in the third, that doesn't bode well.

DaBizon
December 21st, 2013, 07:50 PM
Nothing but respect for Towson and what they have done. Much props to ya.
See you in Frisco. Be sure to bring your A game, you'll need it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

blueballs
December 21st, 2013, 07:55 PM
Bad match up all the way around for Towson. I can't think of a clear cut advantage for them in any area.

NDSU is very physical, tough, and they make you pay for every mistake... very sound, well coached, experienced, confident, perhaps the best team in the history of the division.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 21st, 2013, 08:07 PM
Bad match up all the way around for Towson. I can't think of a clear cut advantage for them in any area.

NDSU is very physical, tough, and they make you pay for every mistake... very sound, well coached, experienced, confident, perhaps the best team in the history of the division.

I think the Bison match up really well against Towson.

Ivytalk
December 21st, 2013, 08:48 PM

Agreed that NDSU is very tough. The UNH game was men against boys. I see something like 41-17 NDSU.

UIWWildthing
December 21st, 2013, 08:50 PM
Wow...can i have some of your cool aid...must be grape drink. Aint happening two times, let alone once.
I can hope right? In all seriousness, I think it'll be 38-17 NDSU. The Bison are one of the best teams I've seen top to bottom in FCS, and it's going to take a complete effort on offense and defense to beat the Bison. I think towson can do it, but they will really need to clamp down on their tackling to do so, and limit mistakes.

Southern Bison
December 21st, 2013, 09:02 PM
I can hope right? In all seriousness, I think it'll be 38-17 NDSU. The Bison are one of the best teams I've seen top to bottom in FCS, and it's going to take a complete effort on offense and defense to beat the Bison. I think towson can do it, but they will really need to clamp down on their tackling to do so, and limit mistakes.

That was something that really surprised me today...Towson's tackling was terrible today. Ewww gained quite a few yards all day after a missed tackle by Towson.

UIWWildthing
December 21st, 2013, 09:05 PM
That was something that really surprised me today...Towson's tackling was terrible today. Ewww gained quite a few yards all day after a missed tackle by Towson.
It was easily the worst I saw all season from them

centennial
December 21st, 2013, 09:05 PM
We won the basketball game, 90-82. One more to go.

Missingnumber7
December 21st, 2013, 09:12 PM
Was a good hoops game. Refs were horrible inconsistent at times to both teams benefit and disadvantage. You got some good ball players.

Im hoping for a good first half. I honestly don't thing west is as big of a deal as you guys think he will be because your passing game isn't enough to keep our second safety out of the play. Thus the reason that EIU scared me.

Lulu
December 21st, 2013, 09:44 PM
My last official FCS Champ pick? hmmmmm I'll go with the Bisons's. Better than the 96 Marshall team IMHO.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 21st, 2013, 10:16 PM
My last official FCS Champ pick? hmmmmm I'll go with the Bisons's. Better than the 96 Marshall team IMHO.

Just curious...did you ever watch that team play? Or for that matter the Montana team from that same year from Dave Dickenson's last season?

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 21st, 2013, 10:22 PM
Nikki......if you dont do shots with me in Frisco I will drive over to Fargo and pee my name in the snow in your front yard. Nobody wants this to happen

As usual.......keep this on the down low.....Citdog etc yada yada yada.

xcoffeex

Lulu
December 21st, 2013, 10:39 PM
Just curious...did you ever watch that team play? Or for that matter the Montana team from that same year from Dave Dickenson's last season? Now Sug I've had fifty yard line seats with GreatAppSt since 1995. Was a sports reporter from 88 to 91 for the school paper, my Daddy Coached his HS team to an state title in NC, and I helped run this site for two years, what do you think? I know Marshal smoked UM in 96 Paid them back for getting beat by 2 to UM in 95's chipper. Bless your heart.;)

GreatAppSt
December 21st, 2013, 10:53 PM
Just curious...did you ever watch that team play? Or for that matter the Montana team from that same year from Dave Dickenson's last season?

Have fun.xlolx

LoneStar
December 21st, 2013, 11:42 PM
I'm a bit disappointed with my fellow Tiger fans bowing down to NDSU, sorry guys but this will be a dogfight. Certainly you have a very good team but a far cry from an LSU we faced last year and went toe to toe physically with them for 60 minutes. Yes, they won the game by 16 points but they were the ones with the big plays while we had to mount drives for our points. Don't use UNH as a barometer for the CAA, the Bison are in for the fight of their lives in this one and the game will be decided by 7 points or less whomever wins.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 21st, 2013, 11:47 PM
I'm a bit disappointed with my fellow Tiger fans bowing down to NDSU, sorry guys but this will be a dogfight. Certainly you have a very good team but a far cry from an LSU we faced last year and went toe to toe physically with them for 60 minutes. Yes, they won the game by 16 points but they were the ones with the big plays while we had to mount drives for our points. Don't use UNH as a barometer for the CAA, the Bison are in for the fight of their lives in this one and the game will be decided by 7 points or less whomever wins.

Yeah OK

Seriously 7 points is all NDSU needs, I really dont think you guys score against NDSU unless its in mop up time. You guys had a great season but this game is going to be a blowout and its going to be because your defense cant tackle and NDSUs can.

LoneStar
December 21st, 2013, 11:59 PM
Yeah OK

Seriously 7 points is all NDSU needs, I really dont think you guys score against NDSU unless its in mop up time. You guys had a great season but this game is going to be a blowout and its going to be because your defense cant tackle and NDSUs can.

I guess if this was the only game you watched all season I could see someone coming up with that assessment of our defense. However, that just not the case, this team is very solid tackling but our Achilles Heal is the offense where the opponent has a very fast, elusive, running QB which will not be the case in Frisco. This will be a heavyweight fight.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 22nd, 2013, 12:02 AM

You are only the 8th or 9th team that was supposed to give NDSU a dogfight.

I was really hoping for this game. Give's NDSU a chance to hold the top 3 rushers in the FCS to under 100 yds combined. That only leaves 42 for West.

LoneStar
December 22nd, 2013, 12:11 AM
Don't really see 8 or 9 teams on your schedule or in the playoffs that would be a dogfight. Y'all really don't know what you are in for.

BisonPride
December 22nd, 2013, 12:16 AM

Being a Bison fan take it for what it's worth... South Dakota State ran for 230 yards on Nebraska, 170 first half. Zach Zenner who finished 3rd in rushing in the FCS this year and 1st last year finished with 202 on 20 carries. One week later NDSU held him to 4 yards and -32 as a team rushing. Their head coach said after the game NDSU is much more physical then Nebraska on both lines. In 3 games over the past 2 seasons (one of which was a playoff game) Zenner has a combined 96 yards. SDSU's offensive style is very similar to Towson.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 22nd, 2013, 12:17 AM
I guess if this was the only game you watched all season I could see someone coming up with that assessment of our defense. However, that just not the case, this team is very solid tackling but our Achilles Heal is the offense where the opponent has a very fast, elusive, running QB which will not be the case in Frisco. This will be a heavyweight fight.
You have obviously not watched Jensen he is real close to Adams except he wins big games.

Think what you want but remember you are lying to yourself, West is gonna get crushed and you guys are going down hard.

Bison56
December 22nd, 2013, 12:17 AM
Don't really see 8 or 9 teams on your schedule or in the playoffs that would be a dogfight. Y'all really don't know what you are in for.
xcrazyx

Go...gate
December 22nd, 2013, 12:18 AM
Well, ladies and gentlemen, that is why they play the games. Talk is cheap.

DJKyR0
December 22nd, 2013, 12:33 AM
Serious question - I sometimes hear Towson referred to as "Towson State." Is that an accurate moniker?

TILIS-BisonFan
December 22nd, 2013, 12:33 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Said furman, coastal Carolina, & new Hampshire fans.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 22nd, 2013, 12:36 AM
Serious question - I sometimes hear Towson referred to as "Towson State." Is that an accurate moniker?
Only on ESPN

buffalobill
December 22nd, 2013, 12:59 AM

Much like Illinois "State"! Check their respective factual history.:)

NoCoDanny
December 22nd, 2013, 01:44 AM
This will be a prison rape.

Wallace
December 22nd, 2013, 01:50 AM

I read this...

"On January 15, 1866 the Maryland State Normal School (MSNS), officially opened its doors. In 1935 the school changed its name to Maryland State Teachers College at Towson. In 1960, the name changed once more to Towson State College. In 1976, the school's name changed again to Towson State University. On July 1, 1997, another name change took effect. Towson dropped the designation "state" from its name and became Towson University."

caribbeanhen
December 22nd, 2013, 07:54 AM
Fargo, should I come back in about a week as a Towson fan? Most of you seem to get it (except for NW Bisson) and are capable of having some fun with it (except for Bizun pecker) We'll see how many smack talking Tiger fans show up before I break out the Jester act again ....

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2013, 08:17 AM
Fargo, should I come back in about a week as a Towson fan? Most of you seem to get it (except for NW Bisson) and are capable of having some fun with it (except for Bizun pecker) We'll see how many smack talking Tiger fans show up before I break out the Jester act again ....

No...your act is old....xthumbsupx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2013, 08:18 AM
Being a Bison fan take it for what it's worth... South Dakota State ran for 230 yards on Nebraska, 170 first half. Zach Zenner who finished 3rd in rushing in the FCS this year and 1st last year finished with 202 on 20 carries. One week later NDSU held him to 4 yards and -32 as a team rushing. Their head coach said after the game NDSU is much more physical then Nebraska on both lines. In 3 games over the past 2 seasons (one of which was a playoff game) Zenner has a combined 96 yards. SDSU's offensive style is very similar to Towson.

This here.

EWU would give NDSU more fits because of VA. NDSU matches up really well against Towson. West will not come close to 100 yards.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 22nd, 2013, 08:27 AM
This here.

EWU would give NDSU more fits because of VA. NDSU matches up really well against Towson. West will not come close to 100 yards.

Like I said. Zenner got 4, Taliaferro got 53, that only leaves 42 for West.

Professor Chaos
December 22nd, 2013, 08:29 AM
Said furman, coastal Carolina, & new Hampshire fans.

And Sam Houston (x2), Georgia Southern (x2 - one of which was legit), Wofford (legit), SDSU, Lehigh, and James Madison.

I see Towson as a team a lot like the 2011 Sam Houston team the Bison beat 17-6 for the title. They also had an All-American RB that was steam rolling through the playoffs until the NDSU game. However, NDSU forced their QB to beat them and he got beat up. I see West getting about the same as what Flanders got that year, 80-100 yards. The Towson QB, whoever that may be, is going to have to be a big difference maker for the Tigers to have a chance to win and he's going to have to limit the hits he's going to take to do that. I also think that NDSU's offense is going to wear out Towson by the 2nd half and you'll start to see those missed tackles again. This Bison team is experienced, focused, and above all supremely talented. Its going to take a nearly flawless performance by Towson for them to pull off the upset. As has been the case for all NDSU's playoff opponents thus year, its possible but unlikely.

caribbeanhen
December 22nd, 2013, 08:30 AM

we'll see

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2013, 08:58 AM
Like I said. Zenner got 4, Taliaferro got 53, that only leaves 42 for West.

Chaos is probably right in that West will probably get somewhere between 80-100 yards. Their QB is going to have to have a great game.

The Bison defense is not anything close to EWU or EIU. If Towson cannot pass the ball, they have zero chance in this game.

The Bison offense/defense is too good.

Bison win this 35-14

DFW HOYA
December 22nd, 2013, 08:59 AM

It's dated, but substantially accurate. Some schools think by dropping the word "State" from their title, they suddenly become more prestigious.

UIWWildthing
December 22nd, 2013, 09:07 AM
It's dated, but substantially accurate. Some schools think by dropping the word "State" from their title, they suddenly become more prestigious.
Towson dropped the State part of their name in 1997. Reason being was the hift in school funding, and the focus to make Towson more of a Metropolitan university, rather than state-focused

IBleedYellow
December 22nd, 2013, 09:13 AM
And Sam Houston (x2), Georgia Southern (x2 - one of which was legit), Wofford (legit), SDSU, Lehigh, and James Madison.

I see Towson as a team a lot like the 2011 Sam Houston team the Bison beat 17-6 for the title. They also had an All-American RB that was steam rolling through the playoffs until the NDSU game. However, NDSU forced their QB to beat them and he got beat up. I see West getting about the same as what Flanders got that year, 80-100 yards. The Towson QB, whoever that may be, is going to have to be a big difference maker for the Tigers to have a chance to win and he's going to have to limit the hits he's going to take to do that. I also think that NDSU's offense is going to wear out Towson by the 2nd half and you'll start to see those missed tackles again. This Bison team is experienced, focused, and above all supremely talented. Its going to take a nearly flawless performance by Towson for them to pull off the upset. As has been the case for all NDSU's playoff opponents thus year, its possible but unlikely.

Going to put this out there: I have tons of respect for Brian Bell, that sucker took a punch for 8 quarters against NDSU and kept getting back up trying for more. Yes, we knocked him out of the game, but you can't ever tell me that he was a wimp. Poor guy gets all the hate from people.

Professor Chaos
December 22nd, 2013, 09:21 AM
Going to put this out there: I have tons of respect for Brian Bell, that sucker took a punch for 8 quarters against NDSU and kept getting back up trying for more. Yes, we knocked him out of the game, but you can't ever tell me that he was a wimp. Poor guy gets all the hate from people.
I'm not saying he was a wimp. It took a lot of guts for him to go back out there hurt last year knowing the game was out of reach. However, he didn't show the toughness that Jerick McKinnon showed in the 2012 semis. That guy took hit after hit from the Bison defense and kept running hard. He wasn't much bigger than Bell either.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 22nd, 2013, 09:23 AM

Well, UNH did go on the road and beat the #4 and #5 teams in this tournament which was an excellent achievement. Maybe, just maybe, there is a significant gap between the #1 team and the rest of the field! I'll be rooting for Towson to notch another title for the CAA. Yes, Towson does match up better, you have two weeks to prepare and you don't have to play them in the Dome, but my head says I'd want more than seven points before I'd bet on Towson. Especially if Peter Athens doesn't play.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 22nd, 2013, 09:27 AM
I'm not saying he was a wimp. It took a lot of guts for him to go back out there hurt last year knowing the game was out of reach. However, he didn't show the toughness that Jerick McKinnon showed in the 2012 semis. That guy took hit after hit from the Bison defense and kept running hard. He wasn't much bigger than Bell either.

in 2011, he took a lot of easy sacks where he just fell over rather than being hit. Last year he did better.

Southern Bison
December 22nd, 2013, 09:41 AM
I think that the Towson O-line will be one of the best we've faced in this run. They've done a good job of controlling the LOS throughout the playoffs and creating holes for West & Co. They're a veteran group (4 Sr. IIRC) and I think that it will end up as a draw in who wins that battle between the Bison D-line & Tiger O-line. The Bison secondary & LBs will be the difference makers in this game.

swaghook
December 22nd, 2013, 09:48 AM
you don't have to play them in the Dome

Not in the Dome but Frisco will not be much better as almost all the tickets except for the Towson ticket allotment will be held by Bison fans(and I heard some of those tickets already made there way into the hands of Bison fans.)

344Johnson
December 22nd, 2013, 10:11 AM
Towson dropped the State part of their name in 1997. Reason being was the hift in school funding, and the focus to make Towson more of a Metropolitan university, rather than state-focused

What the hell does that mean?

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 22nd, 2013, 10:41 AM

I might set off a poop storm with this, but I think there is one advantage that Towson has here...

Coaching.

Nothing against Bohl at all, but Ambrose has taken a team that moved into the CAA from the middle of the pack in the Patriot League and has made them the top CAA team for a few years running now. Towson has lost some unexpected games over the past few years, but he has them ready for the big games. I laughed last year at Ambrose's apparent confidence about having a decent chance against LSU, but they did very well and he arguably out-coached Les Miles.

When NDSU has come up against opponents that they can't overpower (see Georgia Southern last year) they win more by making fewer mistakes (of course the Noise-O-Dome was a big help) and executing.

UIWWildthing
December 22nd, 2013, 10:56 AM
What the hell does that mean?
Towson wants to be known as "Baltimore's" college, rather than just another school in the State of Maryland University system

GABison
December 22nd, 2013, 11:10 AM

Prof., I usually agree with you, but seriously? I marveled at how McKinnion is built like a linebacker, Bell not nearly close to that. I think the "tough as nails" award goes to Jaybo Shaw. Man, did he take a beating in the 2011 semi-final.

Just my opinion.

MplsBison
December 22nd, 2013, 11:18 AM
Towson wants to be known as "Baltimore's" college, rather than just another school in the State of Maryland University system

What about UB, UMB, UMBC, Morgan, Coppin and Johns Hopkins?

Theee Catrabbit
December 22nd, 2013, 11:18 AM

They are beasts. Dominant. Swagger. Fearless. Tough. Watch out though if one of your lineman hurts one of their lineman it will be a topic of cheap shots for the next few eons.
SDSU was able to match up for quite awhile on our home turf. Mostly because we play on grass, and nobody likes that, especially the Bison and UNI. We held them to 7 points until the 4th QTR, they of course held us to 0 and made Zenner a non-factor(as they have for 3 games). Of course I think we have two really nasty lines as well. It's a rivalry game so people get out there and get real physical. After watching your team yesterday, they are gritty and they don't know they are supposed to lose. Which is good! It's going to be a home game for NDSU don't let anybody tell you different. NDSU isn't going to F around in the championship. I say you have a 5-10% chance. If you stop NDSU you've earned your National Championship. If their is a loss the explosions you hear will be the simultaneous eruption of Bisonville and lakes' head! Good luck!

MplsBison
December 22nd, 2013, 11:28 AM
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed.

Towson is just another small school, Division I-AA team that no one in the midwest has ever heard of that NDSU is going to embarrass by 35+ points.

Playing Eastern Washington (and crushing them into red, goopy paste) would have been meaningful. It would have been significant for Brock Jensen. He deserved that. Instead, this magical, culminating season has resulting in one insignificant, punishing defeat after another of no-name teams (in the midwest). A little disappointing.

I remember thinking how great it would've been to play North Dakota, Montana State and Eastern Washington in the Fargodome before winning the national championship. Instead, this sad-sack division gave Fargo: Furman, Coastal Carolina and New Hampshire. Now Towson. The only questions I've fielded about Towson so far are "Where the heck is Towson??" Being a very knowledgeable person, I of course educate them that it is a public school (despite the name) located in Baltimore.

And before this stream of consciousness is up, I just want to take a second to rant about the Eastern Illinois and Eastern Washington playoff games. Both were embarrassments for the division on ESPN. Both featured high-school stadiums in abysmal weather. The type of conditions that aren't fair to these athletes, who worked so hard all year to get there - only to have the game ruined by snow and cold, which make high-level, high-performance football impossible.

Casual fans must have thought to themselves "oh those poor boys have to play their high-school playoff game in the snow...I wonder why this is on ESPN?? Oh well, time to change the channel." And for those tuning into the Eastern Washington game, there was of course the sharp gasp when they set eyes upon the red field.

Congrats to the Bison on their third national championship. Should have been four in a row. Refs stole the game away from Brock Jensen. I'll always say that, to the bitter end.

Congrats to these seniors. The best class that FCS/DI-AA has ever seen and probably ever will see.

Congrats to coach Bohl. You've literally taken NDSU's football team as far as it can go. You literally can't prove anything more in this sub-division. You will have success in Wyoming, I'm a Cowboy fan now. Maybe my dreams will come true and one day NDSU can join the Mountain West.

Over and out.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 22nd, 2013, 11:32 AM

Towson is just another small school, Division I-AA team that no one in the midwest has ever heard of that NDSU is going to embarrass by 35+ points.

Playing Eastern Washington (and crushing them into red, goopy paste) would have been meaningful. It would have been significant for Brock Jensen. He deserved that. Instead, this magical, culminating season has resulting in one insignificant, punishing defeat after another of no-name teams (in the midwest). A little disappointing.

I remember thinking how great it would've been to play North Dakota, Montana State and Eastern Washington in the Fargodome before winning the national championship. Instead, this sad-sack division gave Fargo: Furman, Coastal Carolina and New Hampshire. Now Towson. The only questions I've fielded about Towson so far are "Where the heck is Towson??" Being a very knowledgeable person, I of course educate them that it is a public school (despite the name) located in Baltimore.

And before this stream of consciousness is up, I just want to take a second to rant about the Eastern Illinois and Eastern Washington playoff games. Both were embarrassments for the division on ESPN. Both featured high-school stadiums in abysmal weather. The type of conditions that aren't fair to these athletes, who worked so hard all year to get there - only to have the game ruined by snow and cold, which make high-level, high-performance football impossible.

Casual fans must have thought to themselves "oh those poor boys have to play their high-school playoff game in the snow...I wonder why this is on ESPN?? Oh well, time to change the channel." And for those tuning into the Eastern Washington game, there was of course the sharp gasp when they set eyes upon the red field.

Congrats to the Bison on their third national championship. Should have been four in a row. Refs stole the game away from Brock Jensen. I'll always say that, to the bitter end.

Congrats to these seniors. The best class that FCS/DI-AA has ever seen and probably ever will see.

Congrats to coach Bohl. You've literally taken NDSU's football team as far as it can go. You literally can't prove anything more in this sub-division. You will have success in Wyoming, I'm a Cowboy fan now. Maybe my dreams will come true and one day NDSU can join the Mountain West.

Over and out.

Towson is larger than NDSU. You can find that out on the Google machine.

Gil Dobie
December 22nd, 2013, 11:40 AM
Bison Media Guide from the last time NDSU played Towson. It was a cold day and the crowd was sparse.

1983 NCAA Quarterfinals
FARGO, N.D.
—For the second straight year, North Dakota State opened NCAA playoff action on the home turf of Dacotah Field and the Bison responded with a 24-17 victory over Towson State of Maryland.
The Bison led 14-0 in the opening quarter of play as Jeff Willis and Jeff Bentrim collected short scoring runs. Willis' TD was set up by Jeff Willer's recovery of a fumble
on the Towson 40- yard line. Bentrim's 13-yard run in the third quarter and Ken Kubisz' 24-yard field goal in the fourth quarter upped the Bison margin to 24-10 before TSU scored with 1:10 left to cut the gap.
Freshman running back Chad Stark did not score a touchdown, but his 164 yards rushing in 26 carries was nearly an NCAA single-game
playoff record. The win was the 22nd straight at home for NDSU and the victory was the 32nd in 35 games for NDSU.
Statistics TSU NDSU
First Downs 18 22
Yds. Rush 111 304
Yds. Pass 222 86
Passes 19-39-2 4-11-0
Punts 6-37.8 6-38.8
Penalties 3-30 8-50
Fumbles/Lost 2-2 3-3
Towson State 0 10 0 7 -- 17
NDSU 14 0 7 3 -- 24
NDSU--Willis 2 run (Kubisz kick)
NDSU--Bentrim 1 run (Kubisz kick)
TSU--FG Nolan 31
TSU--O'Neal 15 pass from Rogers (Nolan kick)
NDSU--Bentrim 13 run (Kubisz kick)
NDSU--FG Kubisz 24
TSU--Lewns 12 pass from Rogers (Nolan kick)
A--5,600
Top Individuals
Rushing--Stark (NDSU) 26-164; O'Neal (TSU) 22-89; Bentrim (NDSU) 26-69; Molstre (NDSU) 8-33
Passing--Rogers (TSU) 19-39-2, 222 yds.; Bentrim (NDSU) 4-11-0, 68 yds.
Receiving--Murphy (TSU) 5-59; O'Neal (TSU) 4-57; Baer (NDSU) 2-32; Mejia (TSU) 4-31

TUTigers
December 22nd, 2013, 11:40 AM
Bison fans are acting like you are playing a high school team on Jan 4th. You are the best team right now, but don't count your trophies til it's over. Are you favored? Sure. Give Towson a little respect though. LSU didnt even beat us by 35+

swaghook
December 22nd, 2013, 11:42 AM
I'm a Cowboy fan now.

Over and out.

See Ya, don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Gil Dobie
December 22nd, 2013, 11:44 AM
I might set off a poop storm with this, but I think there is one advantage that Towson has here...

Coaching.

Nothing against Bohl at all, but Ambrose has taken a team that moved into the CAA from the middle of the pack in the Patriot League and has made them the top CAA team for a few years running now. Towson has lost some unexpected games over the past few years, but he has them ready for the big games. I laughed last year at Ambrose's apparent confidence about having a decent chance against LSU, but they did very well and he arguably out-coached Les Miles.

When NDSU has come up against opponents that they can't overpower (see Georgia Southern last year) they win more by making fewer mistakes (of course the Noise-O-Dome was a big help) and executing.

Ambrose is a great coach for sure. He did not look concerned at all during the EWU game. Looking forward to Frisco and the matchup.

swaghook
December 22nd, 2013, 11:45 AM
Bison fans are acting like you are playing a high school team on Jan 4th. You are the best team right now, but don't count your trophies til it's over. Are you favored? Sure. Give Towson a little respect though. LSU didnt even beat us by 35+

Hope to see your first string QB on the field we want the best on the field. To be the best you have to beat the best. I think the Bison D is up to the task of taking on Towson's O it will be interesting to see how the Bison O matches up with Towson's D.

Gil Dobie
December 22nd, 2013, 11:45 AM

Rule #1: Don't think all Bison fans are acting like that when it's some Bison fans acting like that.
Rule #2: Don't make "But LSU" into "But Bama". ;)

Da Bison
December 22nd, 2013, 11:49 AM

So we can start the............................Butt LSU talkxslapfightx

Milkman
December 22nd, 2013, 11:52 AM

When reading anything from mplsbison please take it with one of thesehttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/23/3ananuby.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

UNH_Alum_In_CT
December 22nd, 2013, 12:06 PM
Towson is larger than NDSU. You can find that out on the Google machine.

Many sources on the Internet will also tell folks that Towson is a town in MD and the university resides in that town, just outside Baltimore. And that it is Towson not Townson as some have written and I hear far too often.

UIWWildthing
December 22nd, 2013, 12:12 PM
Many sources on the Internet will also tell folks that Towson is a town in MD and the university resides in that town, just outside Baltimore. And that it is Towson not Townson as some have written and I hear far too often.
Good grief yes. It's pronounced "TAO-sun". No extra N, no Z
Also Towson is a separate town from Baltimore, as it's also the county seat for Baltimore County. Baltimore City is an independent city within Maryland.

To answer the question about UMBC, Hopkins, Morgan and Coppin, none of those schools have made the effort to try to take the mantle of "Baltimore's school". Driving through Baltimore there are billboards throughout the city for Towson football and basketball and ordering tickets.

dewey
December 22nd, 2013, 12:32 PM
Good grief yes. It's pronounced "TAO-sun". No extra N, no Z
Also Towson is a separate town from Baltimore, as it's also the county seat for Baltimore County. Baltimore City is an independent city within Maryland.

To answer the question about UMBC, Hopkins, Morgan and Coppin, none of those schools have made the effort to try to take the mantle of "Baltimore's school". Driving through Baltimore there are billboards throughout the city for Towson football and basketball and ordering tickets.

Thanks for the correct pronunciation. For Towson fans we NDSU fans pronounce Bison similar to treason and poison.

How does your fan base travel? I am not trying to be a d*ck just trying to learn more about your program.

Dewey

IBleedYellow
December 22nd, 2013, 12:41 PM
Bison Media Guide from the last time NDSU played Towson. It was a cold day and the crowd was sparse.

We won that game because of an inadvertent whistle, according to my Dad. He states that they passed the ball for a TD to go up and the whistle blew, so the play was called back. We stopped them there after.

caribbeanhen
December 22nd, 2013, 12:47 PM

But Bizon fans need a guy like me, it can be lonely at the top

swaghook
December 22nd, 2013, 12:49 PM
But Bizon fans need a guy like me, it can be lonely at the top
Lonely? Who is lonely we have a whole herd on top. ;)

ngineer
Looking forward to this game having played both teams in the past couple years. It could be a high scoring affair. Hopefully the Tigers QB is healthy enough to start and make an impact. If not, Bison will really focus on 8-9 in the box and force Towson to go to the air. My number one concern is whether Towson's D can withstand four quarters of pounding from the Bison line and tough backs. Jensen also a very good QB. While I will be rooting for the Tigers, gotta give the Bison the nod on the prediction front by about 10 pts.

UIWWildthing
Thanks for the correct pronunciation. For Towson fans we NDSU fans pronounce Bison similar to treason and poison.

How does your fan base travel? I am not trying to be a d*ck just trying to learn more about your program.

Dewey
To be honest not all that great. Towson's still a commuter school, even though the number of students living on campus is growing. My guess is the crowd in Frisco may be 80/20 Bison fans. A lot of the student population omes from the Baltimore area, but also the Long Island/New York area as well, at least it was whenI was going there (though that was 20 years ago)

Bronco
December 22nd, 2013, 12:53 PM
NDSU is just going to move the Dome crowd south...and it will be a big advantage.

Towson released some tickets last night and NDSU fans were there to purchase them.

I think 20% is optimistic.

Professor Chaos
December 22nd, 2013, 12:56 PM
MplsBison is acting like you are playing a high school team on Jan 4th. You are the best team right now, but don't count your trophies til it's over. Are you favored? Sure. Give Towson a little respect though. LSU didnt even beat us by 35+
Fixed it for you.

Like I said to the UNH fans last week, the fact that I think my team will win easily is not disrespect towards Towson, it's my opinion having watched this NDSU team steamroll everyone they've played since UNI. Do I think NDSU will win easily? Yes. Would I be surprised to see them win by 35+? I would be but I don't discount that's a possibility with the way NDSU is playing right now just like it's a possibility that Towson could pull the upset. I think Towson has had a fantastic year and regardless of the outcome in Frisco it should be celebrated by your fans because it's pretty spectacular, for your seniors especially, to have come from 1-10 in 2010 to the national title game in 2013. I just think your team is running into a juggernaut in the national title game.

swaghook
December 22nd, 2013, 12:57 PM

I think it will look a lot like the crowd in the dome for the last 3 games with just a little spot of fans from the opposing team

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2013, 12:59 PM
NDSU is just going to move the Dome crowd south...and it will be a big advantage.

Towson released some tickets last night and NDSU fans were there to purchase them.

Probably more like 10%

Professor Chaos
December 22nd, 2013, 01:01 PM
Prof., I usually agree with you, but seriously? I marveled at how McKinnion is built like a linebacker, Bell not nearly close to that. I think the "tough as nails" award goes to Jaybo Shaw. Man, did he take a beating in the 2011 semi-final.

Just my opinion.
You have a point. Bell is listed at 6'2" 195 at McKinnon is listed at 5'9" 205 so McKinnon is definitely more built and a smaller target in stature (and I do question whether Brian Bell at 195 is accurate) but I think McKinnon is the tougher of the two regardless.

Bisonwinagn
December 22nd, 2013, 01:15 PM
Looking forward to this game having played both teams in the past couple years. It could be a high scoring affair. Hopefully the Tigers QB is healthy enough to start and make an impact. If not, Bison will really focus on 8-9 in the box and force Towson to go to the air. My number one concern is whether Towson's D can withstand four quarters of pounding from the Bison line and tough backs. Jensen also a very good QB. While I will be rooting for the Tigers, gotta give the Bison the nod on the prediction front by about 10 pts.

I really don't see Towson scoring more than 10-13 points....maybe 17 unless NDSU has multiple turnovers. They remind me a lot of MVFC teams with a good running game and ability to pass. I'm thinking 31-10 or 38-17 NDSU seems about right at least on paper. The concern I have is each team has long scoring drives and both teams only have 7 or 8 possessions for the game.

X-Factor
December 22nd, 2013, 01:34 PM
To be honest not all that great. Towson's still a commuter school, even though the number of students living on campus is growing. My guess is the crowd in Frisco may be 80/20 Bison fans. A lot of the student population omes from the Baltimore area, but also the Long Island/New York area as well, at least it was whenI was going there (though that was 20 years ago)

Not a chance Towson is 20% of the crowd. Lucky if it is 5%

SD4ever
December 22nd, 2013, 01:38 PM
49 to 3 or maybe 7 State. Outcome decided by mid 1st Q. A complete joke. Most likely any team in the MVFC would win the game by at least 3 or 4 scores.

X-Factor
December 22nd, 2013, 01:44 PM
Seriously this game is going to get out of hand. Only question is will Bohl pull the starters or will he let the seniors keep scoring? I say he keeps them in until the final whistle. Towson doesn't have the horses to keep this one even remotely close.

DJKyR0
December 22nd, 2013, 01:52 PM
My guess is the crowd in Frisco may be 80/20 Bison fans.

This was optimistic last year when it was SHSU coming from 3 hours away.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 22nd, 2013, 01:52 PM
49 to 3 or maybe 7 State. Outcome decided by mid 1st Q. A complete joke. Most likely any team in the MVFC would win the game by at least 3 or 4 scores.

You can't be serious. Towson has a ridiculously good team. Unfortunately for the Tigers, the Bison are historically good...

GreatAppSt
December 22nd, 2013, 01:58 PM
This was optimistic last year when it was SHSU coming from 3 hours away.

Houston's a bit farther than three hours away from Frisco.;)

FargoBison
December 22nd, 2013, 01:58 PM
Should be fun watching the Bison defense vs the best player in the FCS Terrence West. Ever since I watched Towson vs LSU last year I have been pretty high on them, I think this should be a fun title game. I expect the Bison to win but Towson is a very solid opponent, their last two playoff road wins prove they are a very worthy opponent that shouldn't be taken lightly.

Professor Chaos
December 22nd, 2013, 02:23 PM
Your post is a complete joke. Towson didn't win 12 games being lucky. The only MVFC team as good as them other than NDSU was the pre-injury version of UNI.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 22nd, 2013, 02:30 PM
NDSU will win big.

NDSU would absolutely ROLL Ewu and they gave Towson all they wanted. Sure Towson is a good team but a good team doesnt beat the best team in the history of the FCS.

Not hacking on Towson but they are so out of their league its unmeasurable.

Hammerhead
December 22nd, 2013, 03:08 PM
Sagarin predicted a 20 point win by NDSU over UNH and we ended up winning by 38 including a touchdown given up by our 3rd stringers in garbage time. Sagarin also said Towson @ EWU was within a point or two. I haven't seen updated ratings yet, but I expect NDSU to be favored by at least 24 points.

swaghook
December 22nd, 2013, 03:22 PM
Someone just brought up what color the fans will be wearing. If the reports are correct and the Bison are the home team I'm going to assume that this will be a Gold Rush game for the Bison. Towson is Black and yellow will their fans be in black or blend right in wearing yellow?

Tutiger10
December 22nd, 2013, 03:27 PM
Some of the NDSU comments are so comical I had to make my first post. We have went on the road and beat the #2 and #3 seeds as the dog. Both places were supposed to lose by double digits according to many people and we won. While I do think NDSU is way above those teams , you have played weaker teams at your home fargo dome through playoffs. Depending on the QB situation I expect this game will be a lot closer than what you think. By alot. We are undefeated on the road and have proved we don't need 5k traveling fans to win on the road.

Also, who the heck would want to live in fargo compared to metro baltimore. 1.5 hours from the beach and Philadelphia 30 min from DC. What is there in Fargo that I didn't learn from the movie??? Towson has almost 23k students.

Milkman
December 22nd, 2013, 03:39 PM
Some of the NDSU comments are so comical I had to make my first post. We have went on the road and beat the #2 and #3 seeds as the dog. Both places were supposed to lose by double digits according to many people and we won. While I do think NDSU is way above those teams , you have played weaker teams at your home fargo dome through playoffs. Depending on the QB situation I expect this game will be a lot closer than what you think. By alot. We are undefeated on the road and have proved we don't need 5k traveling fans to win on the road.

Also, who the heck would want to live in fargo compared to metro baltimore. 1.5 hours from the beach and Philadelphia 30 min from DC. What is there in Fargo that I didn't learn from the movie??? Towson has almost 23k students.

Oh thank god! I thought nobody was going to pull the "where I live is better than where you live" card.

In case anyone else is looking for it, it's next to the "my dad could beat up your dad" card in the deck of middle school smack talk.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2013, 03:43 PM

I cannot explain it to you unless you have been here. Metro Baltimore?? Really??

Upper Midwest >>>>> Metro Baltimore......and it is not close!

Towson is a very good team I expect they will bring their A game. The Bison match up really well against Towson. EWU ran on Towson and I'm pretty confident the Bison can also.

Milkman
December 22nd, 2013, 03:45 PM
I really do think this will be a good low scoring game with the Bison pulling away late in the 3rd winning by 10 - 14. Granted I also thought the last 3 games were going to be closer.

EllaGrassoBlvd
December 22nd, 2013, 03:45 PM
Also, who the heck would want to live in fargo compared to metro baltimore. 1.5 hours from the beach and Philadelphia 30 min from DC. What is there in Fargo that I didn't learn from the movie???

"The Wire" doesn't exactly paint a pretty picture of Baltimore either

swaghook
December 22nd, 2013, 03:46 PM

I had Towson over both EIU and EWU in my weekly picks. We don't need 5k in fans to win on the road either most of the conference games are not attended by thousands of Bison fans. I also don't believe Towson will lie down and take a beating like the last 3 teams to face the Bison. But I also don't expect Towson to win the game. They will put up a good fight and there will be no shame if they lose.

The movie Fargo is in no way shape or form representative of Fargo. We have the lakes in MN if we want to hit the beaches. We have low crime rates and friendly people who live in the area I doubt you can compare quality of living when you live so close to such crime infested areas of the country. We can go a few minutes out of town and enjoy the quiet of the country side. To each their own I guess those who live hear tend to like the wide open spaces available to them. If we want hustle and bustle of cities we can go to Minneapolis or Winnipeg.

Bison56
December 22nd, 2013, 03:55 PM

Also, who the heck would want to live in fargo compared to metro baltimore. 1.5 hours from the beach and Philadelphia 30 min from DC. What is there in Fargo that I didn't learn from the movie??? Towson has almost 23k students.I may be going out on a limb but that last part makes me believe you are a moron.

Tutiger10
December 22nd, 2013, 04:18 PM
Haha nope not 14! I was responding to your fellow bison comments about Towson the city and the school. That's all. Just letting you know in case you want to visit. Also surrounding areas of baltimore are very nice,the wire was an expected comment filmed in the area no one In baltimore travels to. Most live in the vibrant inner harbor area directly located in the downtown area.

Green1
December 22nd, 2013, 04:19 PM
I may be going out on a limb but that last part makes me believe you are a moron.

Lol. By all means stay in Baltimore. There is nothing here for you. We will carry on here, secure in the fact that our quality of life is vastly inferior to the greatness that is Baltimore.xcrazyx

Bronco
December 22nd, 2013, 04:21 PM
I don't know...I have Minnesota and Dakota relatives that talk like the Fargo movie

Milkman
December 22nd, 2013, 04:26 PM
I don't know...I have Minnesota and Dakota relatives that talk like the Fargo movie

So......you know people from a specific region with an accent.......shocking. so if I know people from the Baltimore area and they have a similar dialect as those in "the wire" I can assume all aspects of their life parallel the show?

Green1
December 22nd, 2013, 04:28 PM

The movie "Fargo" was NOT a documentary.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2013, 04:34 PM

The only people that talk like that around here that I know are the 'older' generation....like 80 +. Some older people in church have those accents but they were raised speaking German or Norwegian as kids.

Milkman
December 22nd, 2013, 04:36 PM
It's the same talking points every time. I swear to God I feel I'm in some movie with Bill Murray and a large rodent.

gregatim
December 22nd, 2013, 04:39 PM

That is true, but Huntsville, TX, the home of SHSU, is only about 3 hours from Frisco. There will be 2000 Towson fans out of the 22,000 there. It will be a game that will have 2000 more Bison fans than a game in Fargo.

Don't forget to work on your silent count Towson, you're going to need it.

laxVik
December 22nd, 2013, 04:40 PM
The movie "Fargo" was NOT a documentary.Let's see...flat, no hills for miles, crazy Palin-esque accents. I'd say it was pretty accurate.

WestRiverBison
December 22nd, 2013, 04:44 PM
Flat? You've obviously never been anywhere but the eastern 1/5 of the state. That is the dumbest description you could make about ND.

Milkman
December 22nd, 2013, 04:49 PM
When ya can't talk football bring up the movie Fargo and accents.

Green1
December 22nd, 2013, 04:50 PM
Let's see...flat, no hills for miles, crazy Palin-esque accents. I'd say it was pretty accurate.

Says the guy from Albuquerque. So I guess "Breaking Bad" is spot on describing New Mexico. Meth, Gun play and an abundance of just plain evil.

DaBizon
December 22nd, 2013, 04:53 PM
Sorry West. Even the other 4\5th of the state is "flat" compared to most parts of the US. I lived in ND for 45 yrs, been all over the state. While things west of the river aren't as flat, 500-1000 foot buttes scattered around arent even comparable to the Appalachians or their foothills. I love ND and mean no disrespect...just saying

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Milkman
December 22nd, 2013, 04:53 PM
I'm glad that there is an attempt at smack but for **** sake try and be original

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 22nd, 2013, 04:54 PM
Oh thank god! I thought nobody was going to pull the "where I live is better than where you live" card.

In case anyone else is looking for it, it's next to the "my dad could beat up your dad" card in the deck of middle school smack talk.

You guys can argue all you want about the dad thing but in the northwest its pretty much accepted my dad is the baddest mutha walking and breathing today. Chuck Norris steps out of his way.............jus sayin

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 22nd, 2013, 04:59 PM
Haha nope not 14! I was responding to your fellow bison comments about Towson the city and the school. That's all. Just letting you know in case you want to visit. Also surrounding areas of baltimore are very nice,the wire was an expected comment filmed in the area no one In baltimore travels to. Most live in the vibrant inner harbor area directly located in the downtown area.
The crime in Baltimore is TO DIE FOR!

That and crabs...................................

Go...gate
December 22nd, 2013, 05:00 PM

One problem with that is the existence of the University of Baltimore.

UIWWildthing
December 22nd, 2013, 05:00 PM
I'm not going to compare Baltimore to Fargo because well hell Fargo seems like a nice quiet place and Baltimore, while the Harbor, Fells Point, Canton and other neighborhoods are great, those "other" neighborhoods...
An example of that is the area near Hopkins Hospital, one of the best if not the best hospital in the country. Go two blocks north or east of the hospital and you're in a war zone

UIWWildthing
December 22nd, 2013, 05:02 PM
One problem with that is the existence of the University of Baltimore.
Good point, but UB doesn't have a D-I athletic program (though the law school is good)

Milkman
December 22nd, 2013, 05:04 PM
You guys can argue all you want about the dad thing but in the northwest its pretty much accepted my dad is the baddest mutha walking and breathing today. Chuck Norris steps out of his way.............jus sayin

You're a living legend so I assumed you were spawned from some kind of 4 way between Bo Jackson Paul Bunyan Bill Bradsky and a female wolverine. Which one do you consider your dad?

UIWWildthing
December 22nd, 2013, 05:05 PM
The crime in Baltimore is TO DIE FOR!

That and crabs...................................
Not much better on a warm summer night than a cold drink, a dozen freshly steamed crabs and the O's on the radio.

Bronco
December 22nd, 2013, 05:07 PM
The only people that talk like that around here that I know are the 'older' generation....like 80 +. Some older people in church have those accents but they were raised speaking German or Norwegian as kids.

My relatives are all of Scandinavian heritage
I have a brother in St Cloud
Father’s family are from Watertown and Canby and Mother’s from Dickinson area
All farmers

When I’m at a family reunion there is a lot of Yeah and you betcha’s thrown around
Sorry if you are offended by that…I’m getting the impression that you think it is a sign of ignorance
It is not…so GFY

Milkman
December 22nd, 2013, 05:15 PM
All farmers

When I’m at a family reunion there is a lot of Yeah and you betcha’s thrown around
Sorry if you are offended by that…I’m getting the impression that you think it is a sign of ignorance
It is not…so GFY

GFY? Calm down bronco. Take a deep breath.

Bisonator
December 22nd, 2013, 05:15 PM
Let me know when we can start talking about the actual game. xlolx

Professor Chaos
December 22nd, 2013, 05:17 PM
Is there any talk about West going pro after this year? I'd have to imagine that he's done about all he can do and another 350+ carry season isn't going to help his remaining mileage that pro teams worry about with RBs.

swaghook
December 22nd, 2013, 05:18 PM
Let me know when we can start talking about the actual game. xlolxGame??? What game? The Bison are going on a business trip this ain't no stinking game they are going down there take care of business and bring back the hardware as proof of their labor. xcoolx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2013, 05:19 PM
All farmers

It is not…so GFY

What's up with this?

I'm not offended. Just pointing out what I hear in 'my' neck of the woods. No need to say....GFY, either.

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 22nd, 2013, 05:20 PM
What's up with this?

I'm not offended. Just pointing out what I hear in 'my' neck of the woods. No need to say....GFY, either.

"My neck of the woods"?

Who talks like that?!

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2013, 05:21 PM
"My neck of the woods"?

Who talks like that?!

I have buddies in Montana saying this also alpha....

swaghook
December 22nd, 2013, 05:21 PM
"My neck of the woods"?

Who talks like that?!

"Minnesotan's dontcha know" Spoken in my best Scandinavian accent

ALPHAGRIZ1
December 22nd, 2013, 05:25 PM
I have buddies in Montana saying this also alpha....
Not true, if somebody in Montana said something like that I believe they would be taken out back of the woodshed, and handled the ole Irish way.

xcoffeex

UIWWildthing
December 22nd, 2013, 05:27 PM
Is there any talk about West going pro after this year? I'd have to imagine that he's done about all he can do and another 350+ carry season isn't going to help his remaining mileage that pro teams worry about with RBs.
Speculation right now, but nothing that would confirm either way that I have seen or heard. Honestly I would be surprised if he comes back next year.

Hammerhead
December 22nd, 2013, 05:30 PM
I think they are taking a vote on some NDSU facebook page about what color to wear. I'd like to see the team wear traditional green home jerseys with the chance to win a championship in all 3 colors.

Someone just brought up what color the fans will be wearing. If the reports are correct and the Bison are the home team m going to assume that this will be a Gold Rush game for the Bison. Towson is Black and yellow will their fans be in black or blend right in wearing yellow?

TUTigers
December 22nd, 2013, 05:45 PM
Looks like Athens is out. Seperated shoulder. Frazier will start in the championship.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2013, 05:50 PM
Looks like Athens is out. Seperated shoulder. Frazier will start in the championship.

Frazier showed a lot of poise on that last drive....xthumbsupx

Bison56
December 22nd, 2013, 05:52 PM
He looked very good coming in and winning a semi final game thats no small feet. And he looks like a very good runner.

thebootfitter
December 22nd, 2013, 05:58 PM
I see what you did there...

344Johnson
December 22nd, 2013, 05:59 PM

Towson the school- Sure its a fine place to get an education.
Baltimore the city- Visited there this summer(cruise left from there), liked the downtown harbor area deal.

Most people live in the vibrant area? Next you'll be telling me the average New Yorker lives on the Upper East Side eh?

Wilson16
December 22nd, 2013, 06:03 PM
Not true, if somebody in Montana said something like that I believe they would be taken out back of the woodshed, and handled the ole Irish way.

xcoffeex
Would they bring the sheep with? :)

thebootfitter
December 22nd, 2013, 06:12 PM
Funny thing though... LSU would be favored by only 0.4 points in Fargo against the Bison per Sagarin's predictor score. Basically a toss up. NDSU would only by dogs by a TD at LSU.

semobison
December 22nd, 2013, 06:30 PM
Would they bring the sheep with? :)

And what about their velcro gloves??

State Line Liquors
December 22nd, 2013, 07:33 PM
All due respect to Towson's young QB, but if Athens can't play the spread on this one should probably favor NDSU by right about the 3 TDs I saw for the UNH game. I'd love to see an upset, but this is too steep a task for Towson, even with the best RB in FCS.

Game ovah.

TigerFen
December 22nd, 2013, 07:49 PM

I heard that the X-Rays are negative, but won't know more until Friday. This from Morgan Adast of Fox 45 in Baltimore via Twitter. Where did you hear about him being out?

BisonBacker
December 22nd, 2013, 07:54 PM
You can't be serious. Towson has a ridiculously good team. Unfortunately for the Tigers, the Bison are historically good...
I agree, while I expect a victory for NDSU I'm not going to diss Towson like that. I just hope for a good game and a Win for NDSU with no injuries for either team. Hope all who make it regardless of how many from each fan base have a great time. I'll be there.

No_Skill
December 22nd, 2013, 07:56 PM
Frazier showed a lot of poise on that last drive....xthumbsupx

I think coming in to a game in an emergency situation is almost a benefit to a backup QB. He can just come in and play.

Now he has two weeks to think about it.

Christiank22
December 22nd, 2013, 08:00 PM
I never post here just read but I get real f****** mad when people talk about how "flat" ND is. Took this today actually, doesn't look too flat to me. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/23/a2u5uzad.jpg

Tutiger10
December 22nd, 2013, 08:19 PM
I think west is gone after this year. Record breaking season + 4 OL seniors graduating.

Frazier gives a different style with his running ability but his throwing strength doesn't seem to be there. Hoping Athens can rest it out

NoDak 4 Ever
December 22nd, 2013, 08:22 PM
I think coming in to a game in an emergency situation is almost a benefit to a backup QB. He can just come in and play.

Forget him. Who's the backup now? NDSU has a tendency to break QB's.

NDSUSR
December 22nd, 2013, 08:33 PM
I am a huge Towson fan and have been pulling for the all year. But if you think Towson can even give the Bison a challenge you are delusional.
This is a huge blowout period. I expect attendance in Frisco to be down, its not worth the travel expense for most fans.

thebootfitter
December 22nd, 2013, 08:47 PM
I am a huge Towson fan and have been pulling for the all year. But if you think Towson can even give the Bison a challenge you are delusional.
This is a huge blowout period. I expect attendance in Frisco to be down, its not worth the travel expense for most fans.
Not worth the travel expense? Says who? Even if it is a blowout (which is far from certain), just getting to see this group of NDSU seniors play some great football in front of 20K screaming Bison fans for a Nat'l Championship is worth it to me.

May it be a good game, with the better team winning an injury free game.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 22nd, 2013, 08:54 PM

Tell that to the 15K or more Bison fans that will be there.

TwinCitiesBison
December 22nd, 2013, 08:57 PM

I traveled to Frisco last year after hearing all the great stories from my Bison brethren from 2011's trip and I have to say it did NOT disappoint! I looked into going again this year, but the money and time situation did not work out (read: my wife said no) this year. Oh well, I'll be watching title #3 from Senser's in Roseville with a bar full of Bison fans in the Twin Cities!

Green1
December 22nd, 2013, 08:59 PM

Are you serious?

Wilson16
December 22nd, 2013, 09:02 PM

Giving the back up two weeks to think about playing against this defense is not a good thing.

dazedandconfused
December 22nd, 2013, 09:06 PM
Forget him. Who's the backup now? NDSU has a tendency to break QB's.

That would be Joe Brennan. He was the backup to Russell Wilson at Wisconsin.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 22nd, 2013, 09:11 PM
That would be Joe Brennan. He was the backup to Russell Wilson at Wisconsin.

he better get some reps, he might need to come in.

Westby
December 23rd, 2013, 02:58 AM
NDSU fans expecting a blowout are quick to forget the last 2 times NDSU has faced a power rushing team in the playoffs. Wofford and GSU each had the Bison on the ropes in the dome in 2012. Wofford was red zone conversion on 4th and 3 (how do you not give the ball to your Payton award finalist) from tying NDSU in last year's Quarterfinals. GSU was a goal line stand (also on 4th and 3) from knocking off NDSU in the semifinals. Towson like GSU and Wofford has a power run game that could give NDSU troubles. Easiest way to neutralize NDSUs ball controlling offense is keeping them off the field. If Towson can pound the ball north and south (Wests greatest strength and NDSUs greatest weakness on D) this game will be a lot closer then people think.

caribbeanhen
December 23rd, 2013, 06:26 AM

Towson is just another small school, Division I-AA team that no one in the midwest has ever heard of

Over and out.

the midwhere? never heard of it

caribbeanhen
December 23rd, 2013, 06:32 AM

you should of stopped typing after your first sentence ..... but than again, I know you don't really believe that any team in the MFVC stuff.... good one

CommishBigSmooth
December 23rd, 2013, 06:39 AM
NDSU fans expecting a blowout are quick to forget the last 2 times NDSU has faced a power rushing team in the playoffs. Wofford and GSU each had the Bison on the ropes in the dome in 2012. Wofford was red zone conversion on 4th and 3 (how do you not give the ball to your Payton award finalist) from tying NDSU in last year's Quarterfinals. GSU was a goal line stand (also on 4th and 3) from knocking off NDSU in the semifinals. Towson like GSU and Wofford has a power run game that could give NDSU troubles. Easiest way to neutralize NDSUs ball controlling offense is keeping them off the field. If Towson can pound the ball north and south (Wests greatest strength and NDSUs greatest weakness on D) this game will be a lot closer then people think.

This notion of the Bison being "on the ropes" against Wofford- they never trailed that entire game. Even if Wofford gets a first down on the 4th-and-3 you mentioned, they'd have still had to score and convert an extra point, which was no guarantee considering their kicker had a 26-yarder blocked on the first drive of the 4th quarter. Who knows, maybe they go for two. In any case, the Bison would have had 3 minutes plus to come down and potentially get a shot at a field goal on an ensuing drive, not to mention all three timeouts.

GSU had the Bison as close to done as they've been in the last several years, no disagreement. But both Wofford and GSU run their own unique twists on the power running game- triple option, etc whatever flavor you want to call it. Towson's offense is far more "traditional"- heck, they were almost completely balanced rushing/passing yardage against EWU last week- and a far better matchup for NDSU. From what I see of Towson, they look a lot like South Dakota State in many ways. And the Bison are pretty equipped to deal with that.

As far as keeping NDSU off the field, that's not exactly an easy task. Have you looked at the drive charts against NDSU this season? You not only better keep the ball for those long drives, you better score when you do. The only team I recall seeing this year (I could be wrong) with two sustained, long drives (well over 5 minutes) against NDSU was Furman in the first playoff game- and both those possessions for the Paladins ended in turning the ball over on downs after NDSU stuffed them. Most teams might get one five-minute plus drive against the Bison in the entire game. The teams that almost beat NDSU this year had big plays (KSU's TD passes, UNI's long TD run by Johnson)---but NDSU then got more of a chance to pound away at those teams, especially with KSU and the final 8 plus minute drive. Is Towson equipped to do it? Maybe better than most. Does that mean they will? I'll believe it when I see it.

Are you saying the Bison's greatest weakness is on the defensive line and inability to stop the North-South run? The same defensive line that is in some small part responsible for 90.2 rushing yards a game allowed, which is #1 in the FCS? That one requires some further explanation.

caribbeanhen
December 23rd, 2013, 06:40 AM
Not much better on a warm summer night than a cold drink, a dozen freshly steamed crabs and the O's on the radio.

I can relate to this, in fact I believe 2 of the Orioles legendary radio/tv broadcast team, Chuck Thompson and Bill O'donnel coined the pharse "Make the beer cold" every time the Orioles did something good which was often back in those days... FWIW, got to meet the widow and son of Roberto Clemente yesterday at the Mall, nice people and they both listened to my 71 World Series memories.....

swaghook
December 23rd, 2013, 06:42 AM

Option football is not all about power run. The Bison can handle Towson's style of run game. They may need to gang tackle your RB but they will not be allowing much for gaps to run through.

UIWWildthing
December 23rd, 2013, 07:23 AM
I can relate to this, in fact I believe 2 of the Orioles legendary radio/tv broadcast team, Chuck Thompson and Bill O'donnel coined the pharse "Make the beer cold" every time the Orioles did something good which was often back in those days... FWIW, got to meet the widow and son of Roberto Clemente yesterday at the Mall, nice people and they both listened to my 71 World Series memories.....
'71 World Series, that and the '79 World Series are among some of the reasons that the city of Pittsburgh is NOT popular here! Oh and it's "Ain't the beer cold!"
I grew up listening to Chuck Thompson, one of the smoothest voices you'd ever hear.