PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh's Next Offensive Coordinator?

Lehigh Football Nation
December 12th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Will it be one of these ten guys?

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/12/the-next-lehigh-offensive-coordinator.html

BisonFan02
December 12th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Christopher McComas

citdog
December 12th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Kevin Higgins

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 12th, 2013, 03:38 PM
Stambaugh or Van Zile if you can get him...

Pard4Life
December 12th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Lehigh is so important... How important? SO important that it gets its own threads about assistant coaches... even Bison fans don't do that.

Pard4Life
December 12th, 2013, 04:00 PM
Back in the dark days of two months ago, I was thinking that Perry would make a good Pards coach. But Tavani played himself into another few years and my thoughts remain in fantasyland.

citdog
December 12th, 2013, 04:02 PM
le high self worth

http://www.reinventioninc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/stuart_smalley_al_franken-620x300.jpg

Lehigh Football Nation
December 12th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Lehigh is so important... How important? SO important that it gets its own threads about assistant coaches... even Bison fans don't do that.

This coming from the fan of the program whose epic thread of a blowout loss three weeks ago is somewhere around 71 pages.

Pard4Life
December 12th, 2013, 04:05 PM
Lehigh and Mighty...

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMzc4NzE5NDM5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjgxOTkyMQ@@._ V1_SY317_CR24,0,214,317_.jpg

Pard4Life
December 12th, 2013, 04:06 PM
This coming from the fan of the program whose epic thread of a blowout loss three weeks ago is somewhere around 71 pages.

You completely missed the point of that thread... and 61 pages are not even about football...

Bogus Megapardus
December 12th, 2013, 04:06 PM

Soon enough they'll need a whole new website every time someone takes a crap and clogs the toilet at Rathbone. Some of these Lehigh threads really are approaching The Hijack Zone.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 12th, 2013, 04:08 PM
When it comes to Patriot League threads:

http://www.shmaya.co.uk/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/its-all-about-me.jpg

Pard4Life
December 12th, 2013, 04:08 PM
Soon enough they'll need a whole new website every time someone takes a crap and clogs the toilet at Rathbone. Some of these Lehigh threads really are approaching The Hijack Zone.

Lol... the Monmouth thread already has alarm bells blazing...

Bogus Megapardus
December 12th, 2013, 04:09 PM
You completely missed the point of that thread... and 61 pages are not even about football...

It's now called "Failuring." A fashion line is due this Spring.

Pard4Life
December 12th, 2013, 04:09 PM
When it comes to Patriot League threads:

http://www.shmaya.co.uk/home/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/its-all-about-me.jpg

There ya go! I am glad to see that you understand how we all see Lehigh..

Bogus Megapardus
December 12th, 2013, 04:14 PM
There ya go! I am glad to see that you understand how we all see Lehigh..

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/8597/63lz.png

Lehigh'98
December 12th, 2013, 04:19 PM
le high self worth

http://www.reinventioninc.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/stuart_smalley_al_franken-620x300.jpg

It's not Lehigh's fault you ended up a kicker. We are trying to discuss real football here soccer boy.

citdog
December 12th, 2013, 04:24 PM
It's not Lehigh's fault you ended up a kicker. We are trying to discuss real football here soccer boy.

http://files.coloribus.com/files/adsarchive/part_619/6193505/file/nike-soccer-orange-slices-small-31183.jpg

Pard4Life
December 12th, 2013, 04:28 PM
Ugh... nothing makes me angrier than soccer moms and SUVs... oh wait, just kidding... Lehigh threads! xblehx

Engineer86
December 12th, 2013, 05:05 PM
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/8597/63lz.png

Is this Ryan Spadola, no can't be. He never did FAILED to beat the team that just got trucked in this photo xnodx

RichH2
December 12th, 2013, 05:06 PM
Lehigh and Mighty...

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMzc4NzE5NDM5NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjgxOTkyMQ@@._ V1_SY317_CR24,0,214,317_.jpg

Correct. It's good to see that some Pards know their place.. Win every 6 or 7 yrs and keep extending Tavani.

Bogus Megapardus
December 12th, 2013, 05:10 PM
Is this Ryan Spadola, no can't be. He never did FAILED to beat the team that just got trucked in this photo xnodx

http://imageshack.us/a/img34/6010/2iho.png

RichH2
December 12th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Pards are at least consistent , sore losers and sore winners. Yup, kinda neat to annoy y'all with Lehigh threads. Plenty of incentive there to keep them going. Thanks guys.

RichH2
December 12th, 2013, 05:16 PM
You should enjoy it. Once every 6 years. Pards just on a shorter cycle than cicadas,albeit with the same mindset.

Bogus Megapardus
December 12th, 2013, 05:25 PM
You should enjoy it.

We're going to enjoy the Yankee Stadium scoreboard even more.

citdog
December 12th, 2013, 05:30 PM
This guy would do a hell of a job

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef017615e0060d970c-640wi

Pard4Life
December 12th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Pards are at least consistent , sore losers and sore winners. Yup, kinda neat to annoy y'all with Lehigh threads. Plenty of incentive there to keep them going. Thanks guys.

Uuuuhhhhhhhhh.... xeyebrowxxnutsxxrolleyesx

RichH2
December 12th, 2013, 09:54 PM
Uuuuhhhhhhhhh.... xeyebrowxxnutsxxrolleyesx

I see your puzzled P4L. Pards won PL and beat LU. A very good achievement. Yet, even with that Pards still spend the majority of their time b*tching about LU rather than celebrating their wins.

Bogus Megapardus
December 12th, 2013, 10:14 PM
I see your puzzled P4L. Pards won PL and beat LU. A very good achievement. Yet, even with that Pards still spend the majority of their time b*tching about LU rather than celebrating their wins.

The only reason I posted that picture was to show how much better you can read the scoreboard lights these days. It used to be very dim. It was meant as a perfectly friendly, congratulatory gesture.

Were you thinking something else, or is that just a fundamental inferiority endemic to the institution as a whole? xrolleyesx

RichH2
December 12th, 2013, 10:29 PM
And so the bitterness continues. Missed the point Bogie. Dont care about scoreboard picture. Pards kicked our butts . Yet you seem incapable of actually enjoying that win but would prefer to snipe at LU. Well your choice certainly .

Bogus Megapardus
December 12th, 2013, 10:44 PM
The win licenses a certain level of schadenfreude. We relish in Lehigh's misery. Otherwise it would be just like beating Georgetown or whoever.

RichH2
December 12th, 2013, 10:58 PM
The win licenses a certain level of schadenfreude. We relish in Lehigh's misery. Otherwise it would be just like beating Georgetown or whoever.
Guess I'm just too old. My ideas of good sportmanship are clearly outdated nowadays. I was taught that one relished and revelled in his own success and not the misfortune of his opponent.

Engineer86
December 13th, 2013, 05:38 AM

Yep no Spadola on th field. I have five of those for you

State Line Liquors
December 13th, 2013, 07:29 AM
I heard through the grapevine that Lehigh is going to be aerating the soil on their athletic fields twice this spring. Discuss....

Bogus Megapardus
December 13th, 2013, 07:35 AM
I heard through the grapevine that Lehigh is going to be aerating the soil on their athletic fields twice this spring. Discuss....

This is Lehigh we're talking about. You'll find them trying to aerate the field hockey AstroTurf instead. Maybe overseeding it a bit, too. Put some Turf Builder on there.

State Line Liquors
December 13th, 2013, 07:50 AM
This is Lehigh we're talking about. You'll find them trying to aerate the field hockey AstroTurf instead. Maybe overseeding it a bit, too. Put some Turf Builder on there.

My understanding is that there was quite a kerfuffle about it recently because LU Grounds Dept. waited too late in the autumn to do their standard aeration/seeding routine, and it resulted in hundreds of dollars of wasted seed and and several turned ankles for the baseball team.

Lehigh'98
December 13th, 2013, 08:01 AM
I'd be suprised if the grounds crew on Lehigh's campus made more than $4/hr cash.

Pard4Life
December 13th, 2013, 08:08 AM

No, my puzzlement is tacit sarcasm with regard to the "sore winners" comment, since it is a tad ironic that is being said from South Mountain.

Bogus Megapardus
December 13th, 2013, 08:09 AM
I'd be suprised if the grounds crew on Lehigh's campus made more than $4/hr cash.

That's why they all have a Lehigh degree.

Bogus Megapardus
December 13th, 2013, 08:13 AM
My understanding is that there was quite a kerfuffle about it recently because LU Grounds Dept. waited too late in the autumn to do their standard aeration/seeding routine, and it resulted in hundreds of dollars of wasted seed and and several turned ankles for the baseball team.

Roto-tilling the FieldTurf at Saucon is a task only for those with advanced skills and graduate diplomas.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 13th, 2013, 09:23 AM
I thought Lafayette went to FieldTurf because the last grad who know how to use the seed spreader passed away. I believe he was a class mate of carney's.

Bogus Megapardus
December 13th, 2013, 10:25 AM
I thought Lafayette went to FieldTurf because the last grad who know how to use the seed spreader passed away. I believe he was a class mate of carney's.

No, it's just that we've evolved since the agrarian age. You know, coeds grazing over on Goodman field and all.

When they grow to two hundred pounds on the hoof, do you cart them off to market?

Mr. C
December 13th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Does Lafayette even have assistant coaches? Or do the Leopards need them with Frankasarus?

Bogus Megapardus
December 13th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Does Lafayette even have assistant coaches? Or do the Leopards need them with Frankasarus?

It's not yet known. They're still carbon-dating the samples.

carney2
December 14th, 2013, 11:06 AM
you seem incapable of actually enjoying that win

Enjoying it IMMENSELY.

carney2
December 14th, 2013, 01:36 PM
HIJACK ALERT!!!!!

Overall, the Patriot League should be improved next year. So, whaddya think, who's better; who's worse?

Improved:

COLGATE - No McCarney, but his injuries made him a non-factor in 2013. The O-line begins to dominate. If Hunt can find some defense,...

FORDHAM - Koonce is gone, but with Nebrich, the offense is still potent. If Moorhead can finally pay some attention to his defense,...

HOLY CROSS - Nowhere to go but up. A full year of Pujals should move them forward.

LAFAYETTE - A full season with Reed plus an improving defense.

Heading the Wrong Way:

GEORGETOWN - No hope here.

LEHIGH - New OC, no Lum or Bialkowski, and a defense that is only a rumor.

Who Knows:

BUCKNELL - With Wesley they were competitive. Without Wesley they were awful. No Wesley in 2014, but Susan seems to know his way around the defensive side of the ball.

RichH2
December 14th, 2013, 02:06 PM
Pretty accurate ,Carney. Should always favor teams with returning talent at QB. Gate s/b in the down group. Their back up QB showed very little.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 14th, 2013, 03:22 PM
1. Fordham -easily the favorite
2. Lafayette - should be able to build on the strong finish
3. Lehigh - Shafnisky will start. Return a good amount from 8 win team. Coen controls coaching staff. So that's TBD..
4. Bucknell - need a QB, good talent/athletes on roster
5. Colgate - talent level seems low. Loss of Biddle will hurt some...
6. Holy Cross - Pujals and what? Gilmore might be coaching for his job..
7. Georgetown- they'll only fall further behind...

FCSFAN2013
December 14th, 2013, 04:42 PM
1. Fordham -easily the favorite
2. Lafayette - should be able to build on the strong finish
3. Lehigh - Shafnisky will start. Return a good amount from 8 win team. Coen controls coaching staff. So that's TBD..
4. Bucknell - need a QB, good talent/athletes on roster
5. Colgate - talent level seems low. Loss of Biddle will hurt some...
6. Holy Cross - Pujals and what? Gilmore might be coaching for his job..
7. Georgetown- they'll only fall further behind... Fordham with all due respect, shows the strongest team coming back.

Kramer
December 14th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Agreed, Fordham inthe top spot, and assuming Reed continues to grow/mature as a QB, Pards will be right up there. Bucknell could make some noise with their talent at RB, but not sure what they have at QB. Everybody else a jumble.

RichH2
December 14th, 2013, 05:44 PM
After top 2, a jumble is a very apt descrption.

ngineer
December 14th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Way too early. With some very good recruiting by several schools last year, and this year's second use of schollies, we may see more 'impact' players materializing at the soph and frosh level. Yes, Nebrich is back and assuming the Rams have a fair amount of returning starters, they begin the acknowledged favorite, but not prohibitive. Lafayette should get serious consideration with they way they finished and some key players back at QB and RB and some improved line play expected. Lehigh will be returning a good number of starters on both sides of the ball and Shafnisky should he show well in the spring, could well keep the O running smoothly. Despite loss of Sherman, the RB situation looks decent, especially with the announced transfer from Miami. Colgate a huge question mark post McCarney. Their #2 QB did not seem ready and defense had problems. But defenses can be improved quickly with the right athletes. Bison always tough on D will be the usual question without Wesley, however they have a potential Offensive Player of the Year in this year's RB. If they can build around him, watch out. Hoyas will have the same problems only the talent gap may make things worse.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 14th, 2013, 08:00 PM
I'm not so sure Shaf is the slam-dunk starter. Much depends on the new OC. At a bare minimum there will be a battle for the spot in the spring and the preseason.

DFW HOYA
December 14th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Hoyas will have the same problems only the talent gap may make things worse.

Georgetown graduates 18 seniors that were on its two-deep, including three of its top four RB's, four of its top five receivers, its punter, and placekicker. Of the five QB's on its roster in 2012, only one remains for 2014, as its backup QB to presumptive starter Kyle Nolan has already announced a transfer to Syracuse.

All that, and no scholarships. How's that for a recruiting list?

RichH2
December 14th, 2013, 08:27 PM
Well unless Stambaugh or Borda comes in with this class, Nick will be the starter. Matt has the tools but not the confidence inhis passing. Poutier could be a wild card. He is a gunsling Reminds me of Seka.

Engineer86
December 15th, 2013, 06:56 AM
Way too early. With some very good recruiting by several schools last year, and this year's second use of schollies, we may see more 'impact' players materializing at the soph and frosh level. Yes, Nebrich is back and assuming the Rams have a fair amount of returning starters, they begin the acknowledged favorite, but not prohibitive. Lafayette should get serious consideration with they way they finished and some key players back at QB and RB and some improved line play expected. Lehigh will be returning a good number of starters on both sides of the ball and Shafnisky should he show well in the spring, could well keep the O running smoothly. Despite loss of Sherman, the RB situation looks decent, especially with the announced transfer from Miami. Colgate a huge question mark post McCarney. Their #2 QB did not seem ready and defense had problems. But defenses can be improved quickly with the right athletes. Bison always tough on D will be the usual question without Wesley, however they have a potential Offensive Player of the Year in this year's RB. If they can build around him, watch out. Hoyas will have the same problems only the talent gap may make things worse.

I hope The U transfer is for real, because without him, or a good Freshman, LU RB situation is a complete disaster IMO.

65 Pard
December 15th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Doesn't this discussion belong on the UNH Lafayette thread?

ngineer
December 15th, 2013, 11:29 AM

No,it's related to Lehigh's vacant OC postion and ramifications on next year's 'favorites'. The UNH-Lafayette thread is a 'special' warren for us to mutually bring luck to UNH. (;-)

ngineer
December 15th, 2013, 11:31 AM
I hope The U transfer is for real, because without him, or a good Freshman, LU RB situation is a complete disaster IMO.

Coaches seem high on Kee and Sodeke has shown flashes, though I agree this past year he did not seem to have as much potential as the prior. Obviously, the Miami transfer will make things 'easier' if he's as advertised.

RichH2
December 15th, 2013, 01:12 PM

Nope. Brown out last yr with injury. Pa A-S. Hard nose north south RB ,faster tnan Sherm. He was next up until injured.

ngineer
December 15th, 2013, 07:26 PM
Nope. Brown out last yr with injury. Pa A-S. Hard nose north south RB ,faster tnan Sherm. He was next up until injured.

That's the other underclassman I could not recall but who the coaches were pretty high on last year. I forgot the nature of the injury. So there will be 6-7 RBs looking to be the starter next year. Good competition makes everyone better.

RichH2
December 15th, 2013, 09:00 PM
That's the other underclassman I could not recall but who the coaches were pretty high on last year. I forgot the nature of the injury. So there will be 6-7 RBs looking to be the starter next year. Good competition makes everyone better.

Well to get 6 or 7, we'd better bring in a few more. A FB ia a must. Crawford is ver very good. Not another on the roster.

carney2
December 16th, 2013, 10:55 AM

It would just get buried under discussions of Obamacare, the Mack Brown "resignation," MLB steroid use, Shemp vs. Curly Joe - who was the better 3rd stooge?, your favorite Tea Party congressman, favorite Joe Biden gaffes, Donald Trump the intellectual, and other hot topics of the moment. In other words, it's much better right here.

ngineer
December 16th, 2013, 01:07 PM
Well to get 6 or 7, we'd better bring in a few more. A FB ia a must. Crawford is ver very good. Not another on the roster.

I was thinking one of our TE's could transition to FB.

RichH2
December 16th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Bucklin would be a possible I guess. Altho, imagining Coyle there is kinda fun.

ngineer
December 16th, 2013, 10:52 PM
Bucklin would be a possible I guess. Altho, imagining Coyle there is kinda fun.

Coyle very athletic. I could see him doing that. I think he wears a number in the 40's as well!

carney2
December 17th, 2013, 08:29 AM
RE-HIJACK ALERT:

The question of who is up and who is down in the Patriot League has now become 100% about ChickenSquawk prospects for this fall.

But wait. I forgot. Patriot League football IS Squawkball, isn't it?! No one else matters and we all recognize that.

Bogus Megapardus
December 17th, 2013, 08:34 AM
RE-HIJACK ALERT:

The question of who is up and who is down in the Patriot League has now become 100% about ChickenSquawk prospects for this fall.

But wait. I forgot. Patriot League football IS Squawkball, isn't it?! No one else matters and we all recognize that.

Unrepentant Squawkballery, I say.

Lehigh'98
December 17th, 2013, 08:43 AM
RE-HIJACK ALERT:

30 -5. That's 85.7% Wins in the last 3 years, of course it's all about the Squaks.

RichH2
December 17th, 2013, 09:01 AM
xlolx I love it. Carney complaining that LU guys re hijacked his hijack of a Lehigh thread. I neer know for sure what I will read when clicking on any PL thread. We are the bunch that hijacked our own thread not that long ago to devote a couple of pages to the best cheeseburgers. Memorable.

Nathan Pine from Marland now Cross AD. Does this signal any change in Crusader ambivalence to football? Or that they will be more concerned with lax.xcoffeex

LUHawker
December 17th, 2013, 09:13 AM
RE-HIJACK ALERT:

Maybe if you guys did the league proud and didn't embarrass yourselves, it would be different. Until that happens, yep, its all about Lehigh.

RichH2
December 17th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Well sure not going to disagree Hawker but we really should acknowledeg that for this past season and probably next Fordham will be the standard bearer for PL. We did great for a rebuilding year and perhaps would hae done better if BB avoids injury. Now to get better.

Lehigh'98
December 17th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Well sure not going to disagree Hawker but we really should acknowledeg that for this past season and probably next Fordham will be the standard bearer for PL. We did great for a rebuilding year and perhaps would hae done better if BB avoids injury. Now to get better.

One good recruiting class can change a lot. I concede nothing for next year just yet. Biggest issue will be at QB. I have little confidence in McHale, undecided on Shafinsky.

Bogus Megapardus
December 17th, 2013, 10:29 AM
Given the sudden emergence of Peter Pujals and Drew Reed, who's to say that each of us won't find a shiny, new starting QB under the tree this year?

If you think about it, the league should be a natural magnet for talented, scholarship-worthy QBs who fall through the cracks at the Big Schools for whatever reason. High school QBs tend to be smart, accomplished AI-capable kids. The PL runs complex schemes and anticipatory patterns requiring quick-thinking signal callers. It's a good place to be a QB.

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/1933/23vk.jpg

RichH2
December 17th, 2013, 11:06 AM
Yup. PL a QB league. Pards,Rams and Cross have stellar QBs returning. LU a potentially exvellent QB. Gate,Bison and Hoyas not so much. Will that determine race next ? Perhaps

LUHawker
December 17th, 2013, 11:19 AM

Fordham had a very nice season and I congratulate them on that. However, I believe that Fordham was the beneficiary of a confluence of events this year that is unlikely to repeat itself. Let me lay out a key handful:

Bringing in Coach Moorehead - an upgrade that will pay dividends long-term, but not the key factor
Along with Coach Moorehead came an FBS quarterback in Mike Nebrich - without Moorehead and his already recruited UConn QB, Fordham doesn't get this pick-up. It was a real good 2 for 1 for the Rams. I'd point out that without Nebrich, they lost to Lafayette.
FU is 3 years ahead in the schollie game within the PL.
The collapse/termination of the Hofstra program made Fordham a natural landing place for a couple guys, namely Carlton Koonce.

Taken together these events put Fordham in an unusually good position and to me, it is highly doubtful that Fordham will see such a beneficial set of circumstances again.

Franks Tanks
December 17th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Fordham had a very nice season and I congratulate them on that. However, I believe that Fordham was the beneficiary of a confluence of events this year that is unlikely to repeat itself. Let me lay out a key handful:

Bringing in Coach Moorehead - an upgrade that will pay dividends long-term, but not the key factor
Along with Coach Moorehead came an FBS quarterback in Mike Nebrich - without Moorehead and his already recruited UConn QB, Fordham doesn't get this pick-up. It was a real good 2 for 1 for the Rams. I'd point out that without Nebrich, they lost to Lafayette.
The collapse/termination of the Hofstra program made Fordham a natural landing place for a couple guys, namely Carlton Koonce.

Taken together these events put Fordham in an unusually good position and to me, it is highly doubtful that Fordham will see such a beneficial set of circumstances again.

Ya, but they have most of their team back for 2014.

DFW HOYA
December 17th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Fordham had a very nice season and I congratulate them on that. However, I believe that Fordham was the beneficiary of a confluence of events this year that is unlikely to repeat itself.

Fordham too advantage of some situations a decade ago under Clawson and rose to the top. Then, the others (except Georgetown) caught up and Fordham went back to the pack. Same here--in a few years, others (except Georgetown) will catch up.

carney2
December 17th, 2013, 12:10 PM

All you say is probably true, but as Franks Tanks points out, they should be able to ride this wave for one more year. Unfortunately for the rest of the League they are back in the mix for 2014 and are, as most point out, the odds-on favorite to claim the big hardware and automatic bid. So, a legitimate question becomes "Does the Patriot League's expected improvement make them a two bid league in the watered down era of expanded playoffs?"

DFW HOYA
December 17th, 2013, 12:14 PM
So, a legitimate question becomes "Does the Patriot League's expected improvement make them a two bid league in the watered down era of expanded playoffs?"

Yes, if the team has 8 or more wins and is not Bucknell or Georgetown.

RichH2
December 17th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Well dont know about "watered down" but would not be surprised with 2. Pards probably have best shot with their schedule. Altho, I wouldn't discount Lu from being in the hunt.

Bogus Megapardus
December 17th, 2013, 12:19 PM
"Does the Patriot League's expected improvement make them a two bid league in the watered down era of expanded playoffs?"

The PL would still have been a two-bid league this year even if Fordham had been eligible for the title.

carney2
December 17th, 2013, 12:50 PM
Well dont know about "watered down" but would not be surprised with 2. Pards probably have best shot with their schedule. Altho, I wouldn't discount Lu from being in the hunt.

Interesting. Peeking at the announced schedules and assuming that only Colgate, Lafayette and Lehigh would be in the hunt for that second bid, we have:

COLGATE - A very iffy team with 3 "sure" losses staring at them (Delaware, Ball State and Fordham) before we even begin to figure if they can measure up with the rest of the League and Albany without McCarney

LAFAYETTE - A Lehigh-esque schedule with only 3 "sure" to probable losses in the mix: W&M, Harvard, and Fordham. There is, of course, The Frankosaurus to be considered. He can grab defeat from the jaws of victory better than any coach in the east.

LEHIGH - JMU, UNH, Forham, and maybe even Yale look like big mountains to climb for a team with a lot of holes. Not many gimmes this time around for the Squawks.

Sorry, folks, but I'm not seeing a second playoff bid here.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 17th, 2013, 01:00 PM
The JMU game will be a great opener for Lehigh. The Dukes fired their coach after finishing another bumbling season. That's the type of game, at home, that Lehigh can win. UNH returns A LOT, so I expect an ugly loss there. Yale? Cornell? Those should be wins...

Lehigh will be decent. They're not going to fall off the cliff like some want to believe. They return more players from their two-deep than I can ever remember. It's up to the coaches...

6-5/7-4 with the right adjustments is reasonable. Fordham and Lafayette are definitely a step/half-step ahead...

Lehigh Football Nation
December 17th, 2013, 01:04 PM
I feel uncomfortable predicting anything without knowing who Lehigh's new OC will be.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 17th, 2013, 01:07 PM
I feel uncomfortable predicting anything without knowing who Lehigh's new OC will be.

I agree.

Lehigh's biggest question is not personnel related imo. The roster is filled with very capable talent. It all comes down to Coen's ability to hire the right OC and get the defense fixed. The duel DC's has to come to an end...

Franks Tanks
December 17th, 2013, 01:26 PM
I agree.

Lehigh's biggest question is not personnel related imo. The roster is filled with very capable talent. It all comes down to Coen's ability to hire the right OC and get the defense fixed. The duel DC's has to come to an end...

So our defense sucks and we don't have a QB, but we don't have a personnel issue.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 17th, 2013, 01:33 PM
So our defense sucks and we don't have a QB, but we don't have a personnel issue.

Shafnisky will be the starter. He was the PL ROY the two weeks leading up to the Lafayette game. Why he did not start against the 'Pards is the great mystery of the year. He has great potential...

It's pretty apparent that a lot of the problems on defense were communication related. The other issue was depth, not size, along the DL. That should fixed by the amount of returning players.

RichH2
December 17th, 2013, 01:52 PM
Out of context FT. Name a team in PL that does not have "personnel" issues somewhere. The issue is not whether they exist but whether they can be filled or fixed. Preseason optimism is a prerequisite for fansxrolleyesx

Bogus Megapardus
December 17th, 2013, 02:36 PM
They're not going to fall off the cliff

Perhaps not. But they can be pushed . . . .

Pard4Life
December 17th, 2013, 06:53 PM
Interesting. Peeking at the announced schedules and assuming that only Colgate, Lafayette and Lehigh would be in the hunt for that second bid, we have:

COLGATE - A very iffy team with 3 "sure" losses staring at them (Delaware, Ball State and Fordham) before we even begin to figure if they can measure up with the rest of the League and Albany without McCarney

LAFAYETTE - A Lehigh-esque schedule with only 3 "sure" to probable losses in the mix: W&M, Harvard, and Fordham. There is, of course, The Frankosaurus to be considered. He can grab defeat from the jaws of victory better than any coach in the east.

LEHIGH - JMU, UNH, Forham, and maybe even Yale look like big mountains to climb for a team with a lot of holes. Not many gimmes this time around for the Squawks.

Sorry, folks, but I'm not seeing a second playoff bid here.

If we win less than 8 games, it will be a disappointing season.

carney2
December 17th, 2013, 09:08 PM

With The Frankosaurus pacing the sidelines the Pards are going to have to win at least one of the three that I mentioned (W&M, Harvard, Fordham) to make that happen. Harvard is probably the best shot and that ain't gonna happen.

carney2
December 17th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Shafnisky will be the starter.

But will he be a player? Those of us that haven't drunk the brown Kool-Aid aren't convinced

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 17th, 2013, 09:19 PM
But will he be a player? Those of us that haven't drunk the brown Kool-Aid aren't convinced

Last I checked LFN didn't vote for those ROY awards. He outplayed Pujals and McCarney. He should only get better with the right coaching.

Outside of Fordham everyone has questions. Lafayette loses about the same amount as Lehigh. I give them the edge because of the continuity in the coaching staff.

Bucknell is the wildcard imo. They could be Fordham's biggest challenger or revert back*to 2-9.

Sader87
December 17th, 2013, 10:35 PM
HC will be better next year...how much is the question.

RichH2
December 17th, 2013, 10:36 PM
Bison have to hope they get a stud QB this year. Otherwise they will revert. PL may not score much on them but they wont score either.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 21st, 2013, 01:44 PM
It's been nearly two weeks since Cech left, any names?

Lehigh'98
December 21st, 2013, 02:47 PM
Someone who has won a NC at FCS level as a coordinator, sounds promising.

Southsider
December 21st, 2013, 02:54 PM

Well, get ready for some MORE DISSAPOINTMENTxlolx

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 21st, 2013, 02:56 PM
Someone who has won a NC at FCS level as a coordinator, sounds promising.

It does indeed!