PDA

View Full Version : New NDSU Head Coach (Not yet confirmed)

BisonBacker
December 10th, 2013, 02:50 PM
Well hope this is true...

https://twitter.com/BShawn17/status/410489447159824385

Lehigh'98
December 10th, 2013, 02:53 PM
This seemed to be one of the guys that alot of Bison fans wanted in the position. Good for him if it pans out. Must have been a pretty good offer.

centennial
I would be down with that. I am guessing, 250kish at Wyoming wasn't enough then..

NoDak 4 Ever
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130225040027/austinally/images/c/c7/We_so_excited!.gif

BisonBacker
December 10th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Brian Shawn is a media guy in Fargo so for him to Tweet this even though it's not yet confirmed has me pumped. I don't think he'd be tweeting it if he didn't have some good information this was happening. I'm hoping it's true cuz if it is this is an early christmas present for all Bison fans. Given all that's happened in the last few days this is some light at the end of the tunnel.

centennial
December 10th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Brian Shawn is a media guy in Fargo so for him to Tweet this even though it's not yet confirmed has me pumped. I don't think he'd be tweeting it if he didn't have some good information this was happening. I'm hoping it's true cuz if it is this is an early christmas present for all Bison fans. Given all that's happened in the last few days this is some light at the end of the tunnel.
We must be throwing a lot of money at him.

BisonBacker
December 10th, 2013, 02:59 PM
This seemed to be one of the guys that alot of Bison fans wanted in the position. Good for him if it pans out. Must have been a pretty good offer.

Absolutely. He's the architect of our defense.

SIUSalukiFan
December 10th, 2013, 02:59 PM

You guys must be hurting for credible media if a guy can tweet an unconfirmed rumor and that's a positive. xlolx

I hope this is the guy you want but the delivery of this news is weak.

BisonBacker
December 10th, 2013, 03:01 PM
We must be throwing a lot of money at him.
Taylor said what the next coach made would be on par with what we were paying Bohl plus or minus dependant on experience. I'd say that with Klieman's experience and the fact this would give some continuity to our staff I wouldn't be surprised to see Taylor bump his pay up higher than what Coach Bohl was pulling in. Especially given that we weren't at the top of the MVFC pay scale I think Gene had some room to move up for the right guy. I'd say Klieman was one of two or three guys who'd be considered the right guy!

BisonBacker
December 10th, 2013, 03:03 PM
You guys must be hurting for credible media if a guy can tweet an unconfirmed rumor and that's a positive. xlolx

Well you may be right but the guy tweeting it has more to lose than gain by putting this out there which is why I'm leaning towards it being true. Yeah I'll feel better about it once I see the news conference officially announcing it but I think this has legs.

Texas
December 10th, 2013, 03:05 PM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130225040027/austinally/images/c/c7/We_so_excited!.gif

No more gifs for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

centennial
December 10th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Taylor said what the next coach made would be on par with what we were paying Bohl plus or minus dependant on experience. I'd say that with Klieman's experience and the fact this would give some continuity to our staff I wouldn't be surprised to see Taylor bump his pay up higher than what Coach Bohl was pulling in. Especially given that we weren't at the top of the MVFC pay scale I think Gene had some room to move up for the right guy. I'd say Klieman was one of two or three guys who'd be considered the right guy!
Finding a defensive guy is always harder in my book. We have always had only an above average offense. I am excited if we could possibly have a better offense.. I think we will be okay if Klieman is to stay.

BisonBacker
December 10th, 2013, 03:08 PM
Finding a defensive guy is always harder in my book. We have always had only an above average offense. I am excited if we could possibly have a better offense.. I think we will be okay if Klieman is to stay.

I'd say we'd be more than OK if Kleiman is the guy behind the reigns for NDSU football. Hell of a coach and recruiter.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2013, 03:09 PM

Trust me, you don't.

SIUSalukiFan
December 10th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Well you may be right but the guy tweeting it has more to lose than gain by putting this out there which is why I'm leaning towards it being true. Yeah I'll feel better about it once I see the news conference officially announcing it but I think this has legs.

It probably does have legs.

But, Twitter is BS so the guy has nothing to lose by throwing it out there and everything to gain if he's right. It's the lazy way to claim a scoop. And, yes, I do have a journalism background. xlolx

BisonBacker
December 10th, 2013, 03:11 PM
It probably does have legs.

But, Twitter is BS so the guy has nothing to lose by throwing it out there and everything to gain if he's right. It's the lazy way to claim a scoop. And, yes, I do have a journalism background. xlolx

Well If memory serves me correctly isn't this the same way the Bohl news was broke about him taking the Wyoming job? Just saying.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2013, 03:12 PM
I'm trying to hold back my excitement because I don't want to be disappointed if this turns out to be unsubstantiated but I will say this would make the midfield handshake between Kleiman and UNI head coach and his former boss Mark Farley very interesting over the next few years. Think Mangini/Belichick type interesting.

SIUSalukiFan
December 10th, 2013, 03:14 PM
Trust me, you don't.

What is this, douche day on AGS?

I've done nothing but praise NDSU and Eastern Illinois since I joined this board last month but I've got an EIU guy in another thread downplaying SIU and now this. xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

Well If memory serves me correctly isn't this the same way the Bohl news was broke about him taking the Wyoming job? Just saying.

Actually, I thought the guy from CBSsports broke the news. Just saying.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2013, 03:16 PM

I've done nothing but praise NDSU and Eastern Illinois since I joined this board last month but I've got an EIU guy in another thread downplaying SIU and now this. xlolx

- - - Updated - - -

Keiman means that NDSU will have almost zero drop off from Bohl. All of FCS is seeing this as an opportunity.

BisonBacker
December 10th, 2013, 03:17 PM

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah the cbs guy did it but I believe he did it through social media.

SIUSalukiFan
December 10th, 2013, 03:18 PM
Yeah the cbs guy did it but I believe he did it through social media.

It's semantics from an old journalist ... he didn't call it an unconfirmed rumor. xlolx

SIUSalukiFan
December 10th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Keiman means that NDSU will have almost zero drop off from Bohl. All of FCS is seeing this as an opportunity.

I expected you guys to make a great hire. It may be hard for you to believe but there are people in the FCS community who respect what you've accomplished.

Professor Chaos
December 10th, 2013, 03:20 PM
It's semantics from an old journalist ... he didn't call it an unconfirmed rumor. xlolx
No worries, I've confirmed that it is a rumor :D

BisonBacker
December 10th, 2013, 03:20 PM

You seem bent on this not being true do you have an inside source you want to share? Maybe you know more than the Media guy in Fargo who has more to lose than gain by putting out information that he knows isn't true? As to Brian Shawn being old I think the guy might be all of 40 years old. If you think that's old than you must be what 12?

SIUSalukiFan
December 10th, 2013, 03:25 PM
You seem bent on this not being true do you have an inside source you want to share? Maybe you know more than the Media guy in Fargo who has more to lose than gain by putting out information that he knows isn't true? As to Brian Shawn being old I think the guy might be all of 40 years old. If you think that's old than you must be what 12?

I'm not sure you are understanding my point.

I know nothing about the NDSU coaching search. I know nothing about Brian Shawn.

I'm the guy who used to be a journalist, hence, the usage of the word "old." And as a former journalist I cringe when somebody uses social media to report "unconfirmed rumors." Shawn may be right but it's not exactly textbook reporting.

I'm only discussing the delivery ... not the content.

BisonBacker
December 10th, 2013, 03:32 PM
I'm not sure you are understanding my point.

I know nothing about the NDSU coaching search. I know nothing about Brian Shawn.

I'm the guy who used to be a journalist, hence, the usage of the word "old." And as a former journalist I cringe when somebody uses social media to report "unconfirmed rumors." Shawn may be right but it's not exactly textbook reporting.

I'm only discussing the delivery ... not the content.

You are correct I misunderstood what you were saying. I don't like the social media thing either but face it, it's the age we live in and you aren't going to keep things under the lid for very long with all the social media out there and everyone clamoring to get a scoop. My only point in this thing more than likely having legs is
1. Brian Shawn is an NDSU media guy so I wouldn't think he'd put something out there even if it's unconfirmed unless he's got solid info on it but just can't confirm it yet.
2. Gene Taylor said he wants to move on this fast.
3. This would be a perfect fit for NDSU and give a seamless transition to the new staff.
4. The guys going to Wyoming with Bohl are really laying a lot out there on the line to make that jump. Wyoming isn't exactly the hotbed for college sports. Bohl's a great coach but still if things don't work out at Wyo within 5 years those assistants will be out of a job and they don't have the financial cushion built in like Bohl will with his contract. At least this way the new coach at NDSU can forge his own future with his own destiny in his hands not someone elses.
5. I as a Bison fan just want this to be true! :D

dewey
December 10th, 2013, 03:45 PM
As a NDSU fan Chris Klieman is #1 on my head coaching list. Architect of the best defense in the FCS the last few years and he knows the program and the expectations.

I hope this is true.

Go Bison!

Dewey

Grizzlies82
December 10th, 2013, 04:02 PM
I'm trying to hold back my excitement because I don't want to be disappointed if this turns out to be unsubstantiated...

That is probably a wise approach. What Wyoming really NEEDS is help with its defense. Their offense is already healthy.
So you know Bohl is trying very hard to provide huge inducement for his D coordinator to come with him to Laramie.

AmsterBison
December 10th, 2013, 04:04 PM
North Dakota media not really covering themselves in glory.

First, Wyoming is going to the Big12. Now, an unconfirmed rumor on twitter? Good grief - that's not helpful at all.

What if the rumor turns out to be wrong?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2013, 04:07 PM

First, Wyoming is going to the Big12. Now, an unconfirmed rumor on twitter? Good grief - that's not helpful at all.

It's not, lakes already confirmed it.

citdog
December 10th, 2013, 04:10 PM
It's not, lakes already confirmed it.

with his bi-son

centennial
December 10th, 2013, 04:16 PM
Without Chris.. I don't know how successful Bohl will be.

FargoBison
December 10th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Not surprised Shawn tweeted it, he predicted Klieman will be the coach a few hours after the Bohl story broke.

Darlinikki150
December 10th, 2013, 04:20 PM
After the rumors of the past 3 days, I'm holding off believing anything until confirmed by GT. Don't want my hopes dashed and end up inn emotional downward spiral again.

Sycamore62
December 10th, 2013, 04:42 PM
From Bohl's point of view. Since he has a defensive background, is this the coordinator that loosing will hurt him the least?

citdog
December 10th, 2013, 04:44 PM
After the rumors of the past 3 days, I'm holding off believing anything until confirmed by GT. Don't want my hopes dashed and end up inn emotional downward spiral again.

all you need to do then is Put some South in your mouth!

BisonBacker
December 10th, 2013, 04:45 PM
From Bohl's point of view. Since he has a defensive background, is this the coordinator that loosing will hurt him the least?

I would say yes since if Kleiman does in fact Stay on at NDSU Bohl likely has Scott Hazelton on Speed dial at Nevada. Hazelton is making a base of 157k at Nevada. He'd make more at Wyoming as hard as that is to believe. It also looks like Bohl is trying his best to take care of his assistant coaches which says more than what Hazelton got when departing USC under that regime.

Darlinikki150
December 10th, 2013, 04:46 PM

Ah, not in a million years Citi. I like my Northern boys, southerns I have found are generally to short to ride the ride. ;)

FargoBison
December 10th, 2013, 04:49 PM

Probably, NDSU has had six defensive coordinators in Bohl's tenure.

centennial
December 10th, 2013, 04:53 PM
I would say yes since if Kleiman does in fact Stay on at NDSU Bohl likely has Scott Hazelton on Speed dial at Nevada. Hazelton is making a base of 157k at Nevada. He'd make more at Wyoming as hard as that is to believe. It also looks like Bohl is trying his best to take care of his assistant coaches which says more than what Hazelton got when departing USC under that regime.
Hazelton might get a call..Nevada is better job with less money. Who knows if Hazelton will take it..

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2013, 04:58 PM
Well hope this is true...

https://twitter.com/BShawn17/status/410489447159824385

Oh, I hope so!!!

citdog
December 10th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Ah, not in a million years Citi. I like my Northern boys, southerns I have found are generally to short to ride the ride. ;)

South Carolina is in the Top 10 according to Trojan's Survey.......just saying...

Darlinikki150
December 10th, 2013, 05:45 PM
South Carolina is in the Top 10 according to Trojan's Survey.......just saying...

I was talking about height, jeez get your mind outta the gutter. I'm 5"10, I don't dig on shorties Citi.

Herder
December 10th, 2013, 05:49 PM
Absolutely. He's the architect of our defense.

Architect . . . that's a little strong. He been the caretaker and leader of Scottie's defense, but certainly not the architect. He stepped into a great spot as DC when things were operating at a high level and had lots of experienced assistants when he started, and has been a great leader.

Darlinikki150
December 10th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Dom Izzo is reporting that GT says no internal candidate has been offered the job on the 5pm news on WDAY. Damn rumors

centennial
December 10th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Dom Izzo is reporting that GT says no internal candidate has been offered the job on the 5pm news on WDAY. Damn rumors
LOL at people who said Lakes confirmed it... Glad I didn't get my hopes up. Gene has already talked to DC, OC and they both said no from what I heard.. GT is not being honest.

Darlinikki150
December 10th, 2013, 06:06 PM
LOL at people who said Lakes confirmed it... Glad I didn't get my hopes up. Gene has already talked to DC, OC and they both said no from what I heard.. GT is not being honest.

Hey what can I say? That doesn't mean there isn't conversation going on, but like I said earlier I will wait for GT before falling victim to rumor again.

Bisonator
December 10th, 2013, 06:07 PM
You aren't going to get straight answers until a contract is signed. It'll be the obligatory "no comment" until the paper work is done. Be patient people.

BisonBacker
December 10th, 2013, 06:13 PM
You aren't going to get straight answers until a contract is signed. It'll be the obligatory "no comment" until the paper work is done. Be patient people.

^^^^THIS^^^^^

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2013, 06:27 PM

lol at people who took that comment seriously.

IBleedYellow
December 10th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Here is hoping...

ursus arctos horribilis
December 10th, 2013, 06:44 PM
lol at people who took that comment seriously.

I can not believe someone take that as a serious comment...especially coming from you.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2013, 07:01 PM
I can not believe someone take that as a serious comment...especially coming from you.

a new guy. He gets a pass.

GreatAppSt
December 10th, 2013, 07:01 PM
Chris Mussman's gonna be the new guy at NDSU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2013, 07:06 PM

xlolxxblehxxlolxxblehx

Nice try!!!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 10th, 2013, 07:08 PM

He could probably get a job on the Fargodome cleaning crew. They're always looking for people .

eaglewraith
December 10th, 2013, 07:12 PM
I was talking about height, jeez get your mind outta the gutter. I'm 5"10, I don't dig on shorties Citi.

citdog is used to coming up short.

IBleedYellow
December 10th, 2013, 07:12 PM
We'd get Jerry Moore way before Mussman.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 10th, 2013, 07:33 PM
He could probably get a job on the Fargodome cleaning crew. They're always looking for people .

I'm still laughing at this......well played!!

xlolx

No_Skill
December 10th, 2013, 07:51 PM
I wonder what UNI fans would think of this. He has to be one of the last people they want to see as our head coach because I imagine the first place he would look for assistants would be UNI.

centennial
December 10th, 2013, 07:52 PM
citdog is used to coming up short.
Haha..

We'd get Jerry Moore way before Mussman.
Jerry or bust

IBleedYellow
December 10th, 2013, 07:53 PM
I wonder what UNI fans would think of this. He has to be one of the last people they want to see as our head coach because I imagine the first place he would look for assistants would be UNI.

Do we need to give them more of a reason to hate us?

centennial
December 10th, 2013, 07:59 PM
Do we need to give them more of a reason to hate us?
http://i.lvme.me/743pv7l.jpg

BisonHype!
December 10th, 2013, 09:38 PM
I play basketball with B. Shawn once in a while. I might have to ask him about this. I hope it is true!

Gil Dobie
December 11th, 2013, 10:42 AM
What is Klieman's original hometown?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2013, 10:46 AM
What is Klieman's original hometown?

Has to be somewhere in Iowa. He went to UNI and seems like a hometown type.

Gil Dobie
December 11th, 2013, 11:08 AM
Has to be somewhere in Iowa. He went to UNI and seems like a hometown type.

I was assuming that, but I have not found anything yet.

achrist70
December 11th, 2013, 11:40 AM
I was assuming that, but I have not found anything yet.

I can't remember for sure but I thought it was around Dubuque, but I know his dad officiates out of the Waterloo area.

penguinpower
December 11th, 2013, 11:42 AM
YSU hired thier DC that won them a bunch of NC's and you see how that panned out.

CowboyBOHL
December 11th, 2013, 11:49 AM
That was some funny stuff reading all your posts Dec 7th regarding Coach Bohl and Wyoming. And perhaps a lot of you needed to hear the real story before assuming he just left w/out telling his players, or AD? Lots of hate and anger toward a guy who put NDSU on the map. I especially liked the smack talk about who leaked what, and what a dump Wyoming is? I can understand the "left at the alter" feeling as its happened to Wyoming more than once. Apparently Wyoming is not a "lateral" move for Coach Bohl and a place he wants to coach. I look forward to seeing what he can do at this level. Good luck the rest of the playoffs and NDSU is lucky that WYO is allowing Coach Bohl to finisht the task at hand. If it were not for the month long recruiting dead period coming up, i doubt that would have happened.
GO POKES

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2013, 11:54 AM
That was some funny stuff reading all your posts Dec 7th regarding Coach Bohl and Wyoming. And perhaps a lot of you needed to hear the real story before assuming he just left w/out telling his players, or AD? Lots of hate and anger toward a guy who put NDSU on the map. I especially liked the smack talk about who leaked what, and what a dump Wyoming is? I can understand the "left at the alter" feeling as its happened to Wyoming more than once. Apparently Wyoming is not a "lateral" move for Coach Bohl and a place he wants to coach. I look forward to seeing what he can do at this level. Good luck the rest of the playoffs and NDSU is lucky that WYO is allowing Coach Bohl to finisht the task at hand. If it were not for the month long recruiting dead period coming up, i doubt that would have happened.
GO POKES

Wyoming is a dump.

This is about our next HC who will succeed - you don't know what that looks like.

Bisonator
December 11th, 2013, 11:57 AM
GO POKES

What's funny is a poke fan. xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2013, 11:58 AM
What's funny is a poke fan. xlolx

What's funnier is the Poke fans, if that's what they really are, trolling a FCS board.

Have some dignity.

CowboyBOHL
December 11th, 2013, 12:14 PM
What's funnier is the Poke fans, if that's what they really are, trolling a FCS board.

Have some dignity.

Whats funny is even in our last year of Glenn(2008), UW still beat you. I did love when you went into Ft Collins and smacked around the RAMS though............nice work! Good luck in your next playoff game.

BisonBacker
December 11th, 2013, 12:14 PM
Wyoming is a dumpster fire for athletics which is why everyone questioned why Coach Bohl wanted to go their in the first place. He has his reasons and its certainly his choice if he wants to coach there which he obviously does but he could have done better IMHO. Either way I wish him the best of luck he's going to need it to coach and succeed in Laramie. Just cuz you can pay more doesn't necessarily make it a better job. For the assistants who are following him I'd be a lot more worried. Turing that program with vitrually no history of success and certainly no history of sustained success around is going to be a monumental task.

BisonFan02
December 11th, 2013, 12:17 PM
GO POKES

Courtesy IP check anyone?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Wyoming is a dumpster fire for athletics which is why everyone questioned why Coach Bohl wanted to go their in the first place. He has his reasons and its certainly his choice if he wants to coach there which he obviously does but he could have done better IMHO. Either way I wish him the best of luck he's going to need it to coach and succeed in Laramie. Just cuz you can pay more doesn't necessarily make it a better job. For the assistants who are following him I'd be a lot more worried. Turing that program with vitrually no history of success and certainly no history of sustained success around is going to be a monumental task.

Some people are built for that wide open Brokeback Mountain ****. Not me. As I have said before, my wife interviewed at Wyoming and I REALLY REALLY didn't want to go there.

Bisonator
December 11th, 2013, 12:28 PM
I REALLY REALLY didn't want to go there.

Obviously neither do quality recruits. It'll be interesting to see who Bohl and company can get to go there.

Lehigh'98
December 11th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Some people are built for that wide open Brokeback Mountain ****. Not me. As I have said before, my wife interviewed at Wyoming and I REALLY REALLY didn't want to go there.

What does this have to do with anything? Does it really matter where Bohl is headed if he's leaving? Bottom line is he will be gone. NDSU should be fine, but I would say the next 1-2 yrs will have there bumps in the road.

centennial
December 11th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Whats funny is even in our last year of Glenn(2008), UW still beat you. I did love when you went into Ft Collins and smacked around the RAMS though............nice work! Good luck in your next playoff game.
Congratulations your team barely beat the 2nd worst NDSU team in last 10 years by 3. The only reason you are talking big is that you are the only state university in all of Wyoming. We would OWN your team with our 2nd and 3rd stringers most years. Just because your students pay a lot of money to keep you in the FBS doesn't mean you compare to us.
Sagarin-
2013 NDSU-23 Wyoming-141
2012 NDSU- 35 Wyoming- 121
2011 NDSU- 37 Wyoming- 84
Now stop humiliating your self and go back to your board. PS- CSU was lucky that we had 2 season ending injuries and decided to waste time in the 2nd half. We could have easily taken them down 45-7.

Bisonator
What does this have to do with anything? Does it really matter where Bohl is headed if he's leaving? Bottom line is he will be gone. NDSU should be fine, but I would say the next 1-2 yrs will have there bumps in the road.

We were commenting on CowboyBohl's posts. Try to keep up.

NoDak 4 Ever

Because you seem intent on trolling the NDSU threads, I will at least explain my comments. Bohl talked about how much he loved the area when his family took vacations there. I said that I was really glad I didn't have to move there. We both are expressing personal preference.

As for us. Don't worry - we'll be just fine. We have undergone 3 coaching changes during championship runs, there was no drop off so I don't anticipate one.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 11th, 2013, 12:40 PM
If anyone can turn Wyoming around, Coach Bohl can. Hopefully they give him some time to get his recruits and make the changes necessary.

Lehigh'98
December 11th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Because you seem intent on trolling the NDSU threads, I will at least explain my comments. Bohl talked about how much he loved the area when his family took vacations there. I said that I was really glad I didn't have to move there. We both are expressing personal preference.

As for us. Don't worry - we'll be just fine. We have undergone 3 coaching changes during championship runs, there was no drop off so I don't anticipate one.

Because you have never trolled any Patriot League threads (you even pointed me to the Lehigh Sports board once when i asked you why). I'm just trying to get a feel if the Bison fans are wishing Bohl success at Wyoming or hoping that he fails there.

centennial
December 11th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Because you have never trolled any Patriot League threads (you even pointed me to the Lehigh Sports board once when i asked you why). I'm just trying to get a feel if the Bison fans are wishing Bohl success at Wyoming or hoping that he fails there.
Most fans wish him good luck, some are bitter than he is trying to take 7-8 coaches with him. Also we realize that Wyoming is at best a lateral from NDSU except for the money.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2013, 01:11 PM
The only success I wish for him is over the next month. After that, I couldn't care less.

BisonBacker
December 11th, 2013, 01:26 PM
Because you have never trolled any Patriot League threads (you even pointed me to the Lehigh Sports board once when i asked you why). I'm just trying to get a feel if the Bison fans are wishing Bohl success at Wyoming or hoping that he fails there. I wish him the best.

dbackjon
December 11th, 2013, 01:29 PM

Is that what you whisper to Ursus at night?

semobison
December 11th, 2013, 01:29 PM
Most fans wish him good luck, some are bitter than he is trying to take 7-8 coaches with him. Also we realize that Wyoming is at best a lateral from NDSU except for the money.

Its all about the money!! Which also means in most professions its a move up! I've been reading all this **** for 4 days now about why Wyoming etc.... Its about the money and any other coach in America would have done the same thing! While I am ranting, Laramie is a nice place, beautiful country and 2 hours from Denver if you cant take the solitude.

Laker
December 11th, 2013, 01:30 PM

I heard the same rumor from a friend of mine in South Dakota. It didn't make any sense to me- then I found this post on the Cyclone Fanatic site:

"I think the ndsu folks got confused by Wyoming wrestling possibly competing in the big 12."

centennial
December 11th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Its all about the money!! Which also means in most professions its a move up! I've been reading all this **** for 4 days now about why Wyoming etc.... Its about the money and any other coach in America would have done the same thing! While I am ranting, Laramie is a nice place, beautiful country and 2 hours from Denver if you cant take the solitude.
That's like saying Grand Forks is great because it is a 2 hour drive to Winnipeg. I live in Denver and have lived in Fargo. Laramie is a hole..it doesn't even come close to Fargo.

Yotes
December 11th, 2013, 01:36 PM
If anyone can turn Wyoming around, Coach Bohl can. Hopefully they give him some time to get his recruits and make the changes necessary.
The same thing was said about Joe Glenn. Wyoming is coaching graveyard, and is not at all the job that I expected to get Bohl to leave town. He could have, and should have, done better. Nevertheless, I wish him the best of luck and will be interested to see if he can make something out of a program that no one else has ever been able to.

Sycamore62
December 11th, 2013, 01:51 PM
I dont know if I thought of this or if I read it and it had an impact on me BUT this is why IMO any FBS job is better than any FCS job: If you are on your 3rd National Championship run and go undefeated in the FCS, best case scenario you get a little pub and you are the location of the ESPN pregame show. Then you get to play in the national championship game on Jan 4 on ESPN.

Aside from maybe 1 conference in the FBS, If you go undefeated, you go to a BCS game which will probably get you your choice of BCS conference job openings.

If you want to coach in the BCS without taking a BCS coordinator job, you are going to have to take this job or one like it. I wish this weren't the case but apparently the days of Tressel to Ohio State are gone. I cant imagine Bohl taking this job with a BCS job available to him UNLESS they are actually going to the BIG 12.

BisonBacker
December 11th, 2013, 01:55 PM
I dont know if I thought of this or if I read it and it had an impact on me BUT this is why IMO any FBS job is better than any FCS job: If you are on your 3rd National Championship run and go undefeated in the FCS, best case scenario you get a little pub and you are the location of the ESPN pregame show. Then you get to play in the national championship game on Jan 4 on ESPN.

Aside from maybe 1 conference in the FBS, If you go undefeated, you go to a BCS game which will probably get you your choice of BCS conference job openings.

If you want to coach in the BCS without taking a BCS coordinator job, you are going to have to take this job or one like it. I wish this weren't the case but apparently the days of Tressel to Ohio State are gone. I cant imagine Bohl taking this job with a BCS job available to him UNLESS they are actually going to the BIG 12.

That isn't happening now or in my lifetime or my grandkids lifetime. Let me clue you in on something..I don't have grandkids yet. So when they are born in the future they will live out their lives and Wyoming will still not be in the Big12.

semobison
December 11th, 2013, 02:13 PM
That's like saying Grand Forks is great because it is a 2 hour drive to Winnipeg. I live in Denver and have lived in Fargo. Laramie is a hole..it doesn't even come close to Fargo.

Come close to Fargo in what. I lived in Fargo for 18 years. Its built on the bottom of a glacial lakebed, nearest hill is 25 miles away. Much colder climate than Laramie. Laramie has great hunting, fishing and skiing. Now, when I was in my 20's Fargo did have a good night life! My 20's were in the 80's. Fargo is a fun college town, but not much to look at! The best thing Fargo has is NDSU!

Gil Dobie
December 11th, 2013, 02:40 PM
Come close to Fargo in what. I lived in Fargo for 18 years. Its built on the bottom of a glacial lakebed, nearest hill is 25 miles away. Much colder climate than Laramie. Laramie has great hunting, fishing and skiing. Now, when I was in my 20's Fargo did have a good night life! My 20's were in the 80's. Fargo is a fun college town, but not much to look at! The best thing Fargo has is NDSU!

They just took a Minnesota record elk near Hallock, some great hunting and fishing near Fargo. Skiing is about the only thing that is better, but there are small ski hills near Fargo, so they don't get shutout.

semobison
December 11th, 2013, 02:56 PM
They just took a Minnesota record elk near Hallock, some great hunting and fishing near Fargo. Skiing is about the only thing that is better, but there are small ski hills near Fargo, so they don't get shutout.

Hey I liked Fargo, the lakes in Mn. are great. Went to NDSU in 83 and stayed 18 years. I do have issues with the Laramie and Wyoming bashers that have recently sprouted up. I think Wyo is a beautiful state. Love the mountains and the fact that it is sparsely populated. And, the current temperature is 28 in Laramie and -7 in Fargo!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2013, 02:58 PM
Hey I liked Fargo, the lakes in Mn. are great. Went to NDSU in 83 and stayed 18 years. I do have issues with the Laramie and Wyoming bashers that have recently sprouted up. I think Wyo is a beautiful state. Love the mountains and the fact that it is sparsely populated. And, the current temperature is 28 in Laramie and -7 in Fargo!

I never bashed Laramie, I'm just glad I didn't have to go live there.

citdog
December 11th, 2013, 03:10 PM
Mike Ayers to NDSU!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Mike Ayers to NDSU!

If we wanted an old, we'd go after Moglia. Of course, after Saturday.

semobison
December 11th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Wyoming is a dump.

This is about our next HC who will succeed - you don't know what that looks like.

Yeah, OK!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2013, 03:27 PM
Yeah, OK!

Let my rephrase, then. If I were speaking, I'd do it really slowly.

The University of Wyoming football team is a dump.

Laramie, Wyoming is in the middle of ****ing nowhere and I would prefer not to live in the middle of ****ing nowhere.

NDSUstudent
December 11th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Yeah, OK!

This message is hidden because NoDak 4 Ever is on your ignore list (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist). View Post (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?149592-New-NDSU-Head-Coach-(Not-yet-confirmed)&p=2071772#post2071772)

Makes it so much easier on AGS!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2013, 03:42 PM
This message is hidden because NoDak 4 Ever is on your ignore list (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist). View Post (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?149592-New-NDSU-Head-Coach-(Not-yet-confirmed)&p=2071772#post2071772)

Makes it so much easier on AGS!

Thank you for your support.

NDSUstudent
December 11th, 2013, 03:50 PM
This message is hidden because NoDak 4 Ever is on your ignore list (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist). View Post (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?149592-New-NDSU-Head-Coach-(Not-yet-confirmed)&p=2071781#post2071781)

No idea what you just said but I probably don't agree.....or care.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2013, 03:59 PM
This message is hidden because NoDak 4 Ever is on your ignore list (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist). View Post (http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?149592-New-NDSU-Head-Coach-(Not-yet-confirmed)&p=2071781#post2071781)

No idea what you just said but I probably don't agree.....or care.

I am genuinely glad that you ignore me. If for some reason I have offended or bothered you, I am truly sorry. If you continue to respond to me, I'm puzzled.

semobison
December 11th, 2013, 04:00 PM

Laramie, Wyoming is in the middle of ****ing nowhere and I would prefer not to live in the middle of ****ing nowhere.

I know a certain football coach who disagrees with you.

Darlinikki150
December 11th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Why would anyone ignore NoDak!? He's so damn witty

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2013, 04:05 PM

Perhaps you didn't see the part where I have personalized the Wyoming thing. I keep saying I so it matters not with whom I disagree.

Why would anyone ignore NoDak!? He's so damn witty

Eh, I honestly don't know how I piss people off. I find it way more comical when people have a problem though.

Darlinikki150
December 11th, 2013, 04:05 PM

Hardly the point Semo. The talk about Wyoming/ND is a little ridic. Both States have positives and negatives, now would I wannamove to Laramie, hell no. I don't dig on cowboys, but would someone from Laramie want to move to Fargo, hell no. Two sides of the same coin. Both sparsely populated states that are cold. At least we aren't the South! ;)

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Hardly the point Semo. The talk about Wyoming/ND is a little ridic. Both States have positives and negatives, now would I wannamove to Laramie, hell no. I don't dig on cowboys, but would someone from Laramie want to move to Fargo, hell no. Two sides of the same coin. Both sparsely populated states that are cold. At least we aren't the South! ;)

I'm as far south as I can handle.

Darlinikki150
December 11th, 2013, 04:13 PM

I would agree kind sir. Tho I did like partying in Louisville, good times I wish I remembered more lol

citdog
December 11th, 2013, 04:13 PM

racist?

IBleedYellow
December 11th, 2013, 04:14 PM

What's funny is someone from Kansas and who cheers for a North Dakota team says Wyoming is the middle of no where.

I know that ND is nowhere, but I love it here.

BisonFan02
December 11th, 2013, 04:16 PM
What's funny is someone from Kansas and who cheers for a North Dakota team says Wyoming is the middle of no where.

We know how to party..... xlolx :D

semobison
December 11th, 2013, 04:17 PM
Anybody who knows anything knows the middle of nowhere is really Williston!

Darlinikki150
December 11th, 2013, 04:18 PM
Anybody who knows anything knows the middle of nowhere is really Williston!

And perhaps Rugby- isn't it the geographical middle of the US or state or somn like that..

BisonFan02
December 11th, 2013, 04:21 PM
And perhaps Rugby- isn't it the geographical middle of the US or state or somn like that..

Hey now! Be nice.... (yes....geographical center of NA....but it is actually a ways south of town...monument just placed at intersection of hwy 2 and 3 for tourists :D )

- - - Updated - - -

racist?

Liberal

IBleedYellow
December 11th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Hey now! Be nice.... (yes....geographical center of NA....but it is actually a ways south of town...monument just placed at intersection of hwy 2 and 3 for tourists :D )

- - - Updated - - -

Liberal

Same thing? Oh...wait.

- - - Updated - - -

We know how to party..... xlolx :D

Hell yeah we do! It's kinda of a Bison tradition, though.

semobison
December 11th, 2013, 04:24 PM

Rugby is the Geographical center of North America. They have a nice little stone monument up there and everything. Middle of nowhere is completely different. It sometimes depends on where you are currently at!

Darlinikki150
December 11th, 2013, 04:25 PM

- - - Updated - - -

So its literally the middle if something in the middle of nowhere?

Liberal

Tough being a liberal on this board, too many Confederates lol

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2013, 04:25 PM

I was born at Dakota Hospital on University Drive and graduated from Fargo South. I'm not from Kansas.

NDSUstudent
December 11th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Anyone see the Coastal Carolina presser? He actually names the new coach of the Bison.

Darlinikki150
December 11th, 2013, 04:27 PM
Anyone see the Coastal Carolina presser? He actually names the new coach of the Bison.

How would he know? Seems like AGS would be blowing up if GT named a new coach

IBleedYellow
December 11th, 2013, 04:30 PM

Who did he say?

BisonBacker

I have no problems with the State either. I'm sure there are parts of the state that are beautiful. I'm just saying from a college sports standpoint their track record isn't that good which begs the questions why Bohl took the job when by most standards folks thought he'd have better opportunities. I hope he's successful there.

Bison56

Just when I was starting to like you you do that.xsighx

IBleedYellow
I was born at Dakota Hospital on University Drive and graduated from Fargo South. I'm not from Kansas.

You knew what I meant...the guy that lives in Kansas.

citdog
December 11th, 2013, 04:31 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRyIMqXA_o8

IBleedYellow
December 11th, 2013, 04:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRyIMqXA_o8

So...Montana, eh?

BisonBacker
December 11th, 2013, 04:35 PM
Who did he say?
refers to the DC as the new HC.

semobison
December 11th, 2013, 04:36 PM
I have no problems with the State either. I'm sure there are parts of the state that are beautiful. I'm just saying from a college sports standpoint their track record isn't that good which begs the questions why Bohl took the job when by most standards folks thought he'd have better opportunities. I hope he's successful there.

Simply stated, I think he got an offer he couldn't refuse! Its all about the $$ in any profession and coaching is no different.

Darlinikki150
December 11th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Just when I was starting to like you you do that.xsighx

Oh I know, the fact I'm a liberal disappoints a lot of people but I somehow still make it through life ok. Its my cross to bear lol

citdog
December 11th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Oh I know, the fact I'm a liberal disappoints a lot of people but I somehow still make it through life ok. Its my cross to bear lol

It's the only reason I haven't come to Fargo and made a serious run at separating you from your panties.

NDSUstudent
December 11th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Who did he say?

http://www.carolinalive.com/sports/story.aspx?id=982126
(http://www.carolinalive.com/sports/story.aspx?id=982126)
9 minutes in.

"They know the defensive coordinator is the head coach at ND State. Everyone knows that."

"Right now I guarantee the staff knows who's leaving and who's staying and how they are going to handle it."

"I guarantee, without knowing this, they've already relayed this, they've already relayed this to the team."

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2013, 04:40 PM

we're not terribly welcome around these parts.

Darlinikki150
December 11th, 2013, 04:41 PM
It's the only reason I haven't come to Fargo and made a serious run at separating you from your panties.

See, my cross to bear. Just look at what I missing out on...damn.

Bisonoline
December 11th, 2013, 04:42 PM

xhypedxxlmaoxxhypedx

Darlinikki150
December 11th, 2013, 04:43 PM
9 minutes in.

"They know the defensive coordinator is the head coach at ND State. Everyone knows that."

"Right now I guarantee the staff knows who's leaving and who's staying and how they are going to handle it."

"I guarantee, without knowing this, they've already relayed this, they've already relayed this to the team."

I find that amazing. Who knew the CC coach had better connections to GT than every news outlet in Fargo. Wow

IBleedYellow
December 11th, 2013, 04:45 PM
9 minutes in.

I just listened to it. I hope he's right.

BisonBacker
December 11th, 2013, 04:48 PM

xlolx

Darlinikki150
December 11th, 2013, 04:51 PM

I guess if I was true liberal I would be contacting the ACLU to try and sue for sexual harassment, maybe I'm more Confederate than I thought!

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2013, 04:53 PM
I guess if I was true liberal I would be contacting the ACLU to try and sue for sexual harassment, maybe I'm more Confederate than I thought!

He's full of ****. He really can't climb that high.

citdog
December 11th, 2013, 04:54 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3jIUQJGXi0

Bisonator
December 11th, 2013, 05:43 PM
9 minutes in.

OK now I'm starting to get a little worried about the game against CC this weekend. Their coach seems smarter then most. xnodx

Southern Bison
December 11th, 2013, 08:23 PM

According to Citdog, you're as far south as you're allowed. You've become a Red Leg.

NDSUStudent, So this ignore feature actually works?

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2013, 08:35 PM
According to Citdog, you're as far south as you're allowed. You've become a Red Leg.

NDSUStudent, So this ignore feature actually works?

If you need help with it. PM me

But then what would you incessantly bitch about?

BisonFan02
December 11th, 2013, 08:54 PM
we're not terribly welcome around these parts.

Nope! You guys can all move to the liberal states you already destroyed. I heard California is nice this time of year. :D

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Nope! You guys can all move to the liberal states you already destroyed. I heard California is nice this time of year. :D

I meant AGS I was born and raised in ND where I learned not only the value of hard work but those of community and compassion.

IBleedYellow
December 11th, 2013, 09:05 PM
I meant AGS I was born and raised in ND where I learned not only the value of hard work but those of community and compassion.

You're free to leave ;)

BisonFan02
December 11th, 2013, 09:14 PM

Government and forced taxation does not equal charity.... /end politics drift...

NoDak 4 Ever
December 11th, 2013, 09:18 PM
You're free to leave ;)

I did. Aren't you so much better off?

Darlinikki150
December 11th, 2013, 10:01 PM
Eh you Confederates are annoying. Stop pushing your agenda on us Liberals lol

Tubakat2014
December 11th, 2013, 10:42 PM
Eh you Confederates are annoying. Stop pushing your agenda on us Liberals lol

We're just trying to redistribute our agenda so that the people with less conservatism can get their fair share. xsmiley_wix

Gil Dobie
December 13th, 2013, 08:08 AM
Could it be........
http://kvly.images.worldnow.com/images/20381836_BG1.jpg

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 13th, 2013, 08:19 AM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yes

IMO, that is the new coach.....xthumbsupx

goyotes
December 13th, 2013, 01:06 PM
Per Football Scoop Twitter account: "At NDSU, haven’t spoken w guys there but hear that Vigen & Klieman being considered. Also hear Brad Salem (Michigan State) is candidate"

Bisonator
December 13th, 2013, 01:09 PM
Per Football Scoop Twitter account: "At NDSU, haven’t spoken w guys there but hear that Vigen & Klieman being considered. Also hear Brad Salem (Michigan State) is candidate"

What's he reading off Kolpak and Izzo's spitballing sheet? xlolx

AmsterBison
December 13th, 2013, 01:20 PM
Could it be........
http://kvly.images.worldnow.com/images/20381836_BG1.jpg

Holy cow, I didn't see him there at first. Luckily, I've got some good photo software.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7437/11356627026_7f47ce3eb6.jpg

Corporate sponsors, baby!

NDSUstudent
December 13th, 2013, 01:32 PM
What's he reading off Kolpak and Izzo's spitballing sheet? xlolx

Brad Salem? Interesting.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 13th, 2013, 01:34 PM

He's already hired. His name rhymes with fly-man.

Bisonator
December 13th, 2013, 01:42 PM
He's already hired. His name rhymes with fly-man.

I suppose southerners will call him Klee-man.xlolx

NoDak 4 Ever
December 13th, 2013, 01:49 PM

I was just thinking about this. How much would this make UNI freak? Since Klieman came back to UNI, every time they talked about getting rid of Farley or Farley leaving, Klieman was mentioned at the successor. Now not only does he go to the conference rival and wins multiple championships but he could be named the HC and poach some of his old buddies from the UNI staff for more money.

Whew, no joy in Purple Pantherville.

Bisonator
December 13th, 2013, 02:03 PM
I was just thinking about this. How much would this make UNI freak? Since Klieman came back to UNI, every time they talked about getting rid of Farley or Farley leaving, Klieman was mentioned at the successor. Now not only does he go to the conference rival and wins multiple championships but he could be named the HC and poach some of his old buddies from the UNI staff for more money.

Whew, no joy in Purple Pantherville.

Probably wouldn't notice until BB season is over.

citdog
December 13th, 2013, 02:15 PM

you mock us?

http://www.fargoairportgiftshop.com/images/prod_fargo_betcha_mug.jpg

NDSUstudent
December 13th, 2013, 03:28 PM
Interesting tweet about Brad Salem of Michigan State:

@JamalSpencerVNL

Salem did confirm that he's had contact with NDSU about the opening

Professor Chaos
December 15th, 2013, 09:42 AM
It's confirmed!

https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/412243477985263616

Confirmed #NDSU will introduce Chris Klieman as head coach at 11am presser

TennBison
December 15th, 2013, 10:15 AM
Coach K now is the man at NDSU. Time to reload and keep what Bohl started rolling along.

Twentysix
December 15th, 2013, 11:36 AM
I wonder how much of UNI's staff we will poach. :D

BisonBacker
December 15th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Coach K now is the man at NDSU. Time to reload and keep what Bohl started rolling along.

^^^^This^^^^

swaghook
December 15th, 2013, 01:13 PM

I like to think that the program has been rolling along since the 60's with a slow down through the Babich years but picked up speed again under Bohl.