PDA

View Full Version : Fordham's Moorhead Extended Through 2021

FordhamFan
December 10th, 2013, 02:26 PM
http://fordhamsports.com/news/2013/12/10/FB_1210132126.aspx

Obviously we all know this means nothing in the long run. If he wants to go, he goes regardless of extension. That being said, I couldn't be happier to see Moorhead get what he deserves. I've spoken to him a few times and he is as great a person as he is a coach. Fordham will be lucky every year they have him after next year.

Go Rams.

centennial
December 10th, 2013, 02:29 PM
http://fordhamsports.com/news/2013/12/10/FB_1210132126.aspx

Obviously we all know this means nothing in the long run. If he wants to go, he goes regardless of extension. That being said, I couldn't be happier to see Moorhead get what he deserves. I've spoken to him a few times and he is as great a person as he is a coach. Fordham will be lucky every year they have him after next year.

Go Rams.
You think if he is able to win for a few more years, he might get poached?

FordhamFan
December 10th, 2013, 02:38 PM
You think if he is able to win for a few more years, he might get poached?

Most certainly. I know he was offered the Delaware job last year after just going 6-5 here at Fordham. Back to back years as Eddie Robinson award finalist. I don't know what his personal aspirations are, but I can't imagine at age 40 he wants to just build Fordham into a powerhouse for the rest of his life. I don't think he'll go somewhere else in the FCS, but if the opportunity to work at the higher level comes, and I'm sure it eventually will if he keeps it up, I could see him bolting. And he would deserve it. I just hope he sticks around for as long as possible. Fordham football needed a guy like him.

\

CFBfan
December 10th, 2013, 03:53 PM
a good move and certainly one that FU had to make.
I don't see him staying in the bronx much longer though, he is a great talent. enjoy the ride while he's there

Bogus Megapardus
December 10th, 2013, 03:55 PM
That's a nice extension. My guess is that the attempted poachery already had started.

CFBfan
December 10th, 2013, 03:58 PM
That's a nice extension. My guess is that the attempted poachery already had started.

agreed, several AD's must surely be EFFORTING to get him

JoltinJoe
December 10th, 2013, 06:23 PM
One thing about Moorhead: he is an alum, and a loyal one, so he might stick around longer than you might think. Eventually, though, if he keeps doing a great job, some program is going to knock his socks off with an offer he can't refuse.

But I don't see him trading the Fordham job for a CAA job. I'd guess offensive coordinator at a BCS school is his next destination, since that would be a stepping stone to a BCS head coaching job.

FordhamFan
December 10th, 2013, 06:26 PM
But I don't see him trading the Fordham job for a CAA job. I'd guess offensive coordinator at a BCS school is his next destination, since that would be a stepping stone to a BCS head coaching job.

I agree with this. Maybe even a MAC offensive coordinator job would get him. Coached at Akron before, and is from Pittsburgh. But I think Fordham's got two years left with him max.

Ramblin' Man
December 11th, 2013, 01:16 AM
But I think Fordham's got two years left with him max.

I disagree. I believe that as an alum and former star player, Joe's loyalty and love of Fordham will keep him here longer than might otherwise be the case. Of course he'll have to consider all the opportunities that will surely come his way, but I suspect that an offer will have to be really spectacular to convince him to leave.

citdog
December 11th, 2013, 04:58 PM
I disagree. I believe that as an alum and former star player, Joe's loyalty and love of Fordham will keep him here longer than might otherwise be the case. Of course he'll have to consider all the opportunities that will surely come his way, but I suspect that an offer will have to be really spectacular to convince him to leave.

see Craig Bohl

Ramblin' Man
December 11th, 2013, 07:27 PM
see Craig Bohl

1) Craig Bohl is not a NDSU alum;

2) If Joe Moorhead gives Fordham 11 years, I'll be thrilled.

citdog
December 11th, 2013, 07:28 PM
1) Craig Bohl is not a NDSU alum;

2) If Joe Moorhead gives Fordham 11 years, I'll be thrilled.

1. Never said he was
2. If he wins you'll lose him
3. Welcome to AGS!

Sader87
December 11th, 2013, 09:13 PM
It's hard to say. Everyone's different, have different aspirations etc. Look at a guy like Biddle at Colgate. He supposedly turned some other higher profile FCS and FBS gigs to stay in Hamilton. A HC gig in the PL is not a bad deal....decent scratch, no ridiculous pressure to win, working with good kids etc. Just sayin'.....I don't know Moorhead from Rex Ryan but it wouldn't shock me if he was patrolling the Fordham side-line come 2021.