December 10th, 2013, 09:50 AM
http://youtu.be/_Svhj20UTvk

http://youtu.be/dyrwdGgt9wU

Gil Dobie
December 10th, 2013, 09:54 AM
Congrats Southern!

IBleedYellow
December 10th, 2013, 09:56 AM
Congrats!! Being the Champ is always a great feeling!

kdinva
December 10th, 2013, 09:58 AM
Congrats!! Being the Champ is always a great feeling!

so when does S.U. go to Fargo?

pike51
December 10th, 2013, 09:59 AM
Do the Southern players get rings for this championship?

IBleedYellow
December 10th, 2013, 10:07 AM
so when does S.U. go to Fargo?

...why would they come to Fargo? They play in the SWAC which has it's own Champions. If I don't catch your sarcasm, oh well.

- - - Updated - - -

Why shouldn't they? It's their highest level of greatness they can achieve in the post season due to their conference rules.

bluedog
December 10th, 2013, 10:48 AM

Of course for 15 years. what would be the point if they didn't?
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/11/u2a5ygeq.jpg

citdog
December 10th, 2013, 12:01 PM
will someone please explain why this example of segregation is ok?

Big_Fan
December 10th, 2013, 12:34 PM

Probably the same reason this was ok:

http://www.timesdaily.com/opinion/columnists/mike_goens/article_48042cb4-5acf-11e3-b746-0019bb30f31a.html

bluedog
December 10th, 2013, 12:49 PM

Probably because it isn't segregation. You may want to research some things before you make silly accusations.

Funny I never hear anyone calling the ivy league segregationist.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

citdog
December 10th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Probably because it isn't segregation. You may want to research some things before you make silly accusations.

Funny I never hear anyone calling the ivy league segregationist.

the ivy league isn't playing for a 'white national championship'

bluedog
December 10th, 2013, 01:15 PM

And just when did playing for your conference title become a black national championship game?

citdog
December 10th, 2013, 01:28 PM
And just when did the SWAC title become a black national championship?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_college_football_national_championship

bluedog
December 10th, 2013, 01:37 PM
I'll ask you again. ..

And just when did playing for your conference title become a black national championship game?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

BEAR
December 10th, 2013, 01:47 PM

xscanx

Demwai
December 10th, 2013, 02:03 PM
xscanx
It's just a mythical champ being named. And to answer the segregation question, pretty sure the SWAC felt it made more financial sense to play the SCG and annual Turkey day games than to send the champ or whomever on the road to the playoffs.

BEAR
December 10th, 2013, 02:06 PM
It's just a mythical champ being named. And to answer the segregation question, pretty sure the SWAC felt it made more financial sense to play the SCG and annual Turkey day games than to send the champ or whomever on the road to the playoffs.

Yeah I've heard that schools like Grambling have had financial issues that's why the team chose not to play a game this year if I remember correctly. Sad. So much enthusiasm for a team (s) yet not enough financial support from their students/alumni to send them to the FCS playoffs. Times are tough.

Demwai
December 10th, 2013, 02:14 PM
Yeah I've heard that schools like Grambling have had financial issues that's why the team chose not to play a game this year if I remember correctly. Sad. So much enthusiasm for a team (s) yet not enough financial support from their students/alumni to send them to the FCS playoffs. Times are tough.

Don't think it's the students /alumni stopping the SWAC from going to the playoffs. Pretty sure its the Presidents and the SWAC office.

superman7515
December 10th, 2013, 02:29 PM

The Black College National Championship is voted on by a panel and is not related in any way to the SWAC Championship Game. It is "open" to any HBCU, or PWC that plays in a HBCU conference, on any level of college football. D2 Winston-Salem last year, Tennessee State from the OVC this year, etc. The practice started when segregation disallowed students from these institutions from competing on the field for a championship, so they said f--- it and had their own. Then once segregation became a thing of the past, they wanted to hold onto their traditions instead of having it relegated to the dustbin of history, and kept it up. Surely you know what that's like...

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i318/motoryachtsoco/statehseflags.jpg

roknows50
December 10th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Probably the same reason this was ok:

http://www.timesdaily.com/opinion/columnists/mike_goens/article_48042cb4-5acf-11e3-b746-0019bb30f31a.html

This has been beat to death. Found out it was a lie, and the writer knows it.

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/16078251-did-black-college-ad-ask-to-segregate-blackwhite-fans-at-ncaa-div-ii-playoffs

roknows50
December 10th, 2013, 02:36 PM
The Black College National Championship is voted on by a panel and is not related in any way to the SWAC Championship Game. It is "open" to any HBCU, or PWC that plays in a HBCU conference, on any level of college football. D2 Winston-Salem last year, Tennessee State from the OVC this year, etc. The practice started when segregation disallowed students from these institutions from competing on the field for a championship, so they said f--- it and had their own. Then once segregation became a thing of the past, they wanted to hold onto their traditions instead of having it relegated to the dustbin of history, and kept it up. Surely you know what that's like...

Tennessee State University won it this year.
http://www.hbcugameday.com/2013/12/tennessee-state-wins-12th-black-college.html

Oh hum, since EIU hammered us.

citdog
December 10th, 2013, 02:36 PM

Well when you put it THAT way..........

CONGRATS to the Jaguars!

bluedog
December 10th, 2013, 02:49 PM

Give this man a cigar.

citdog
December 10th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Give this man a cigar.

Only if it's from here....

http://www.missoulachamber.com/Tobacco-Store/The-Bell-Pipe-Tobacco-Shop-2528

bluedog
December 10th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Only if it's from here....

http://www.missoulachamber.com/Tobacco-Store/The-Bell-Pipe-Tobacco-Shop-2528

? Do you know where Pattee Canyon drive is?

citdog
December 10th, 2013, 04:06 PM

yes sir

bluedog
December 10th, 2013, 07:38 PM
I have a client who lives there. Just was thinking to myself what are the odds?

dcpsujag
December 10th, 2013, 08:31 PM
Don't think it's the students /alumni stopping the SWAC from going to the playoffs. Pretty sure its the Presidents and the SWAC office.

you are correct. im one of the few southern fans that is in favor of playing in the playoffs,however f southern would have went on to the playoffs and hosted all of that money they got from the championship game would have been all given to the ncaa just to host. i do see a change coming in the future though however because swac fans (in my opinion) are split along generational lines about the playoffs. swac fans who were born in the 70's or earlier want to see more hbcu's on the schedules,80's to present want to see a more diverse schedule with hbcu's and fcs teams. i fell that if you are going to play fcs football you should schedule fcs football teams. honestly im not shocked at tennesee state's success this year.

bluedog
December 10th, 2013, 09:30 PM
you are correct. im one of the few southern fans that is in favor of playing in the playoffs,however f southern would have went on to the playoffs and hosted all of that money they got from the championship game would have been all given to the ncaa just to host. i do see a change coming in the future though however because swac fans (in my opinion) are split along generational lines about the playoffs. swac fans who were born in the 70's or earlier want to see more hbcu's on the schedules,80's to present want to see a more diverse schedule with hbcu's and fcs teams. i fell that if you are going to play fcs football you should schedule fcs football teams. honestly im not shocked at tennesee state's success this year.

And just how did you come to this conclusion? Setting around talking with your uncle Lester and his buddies?

centennial
December 10th, 2013, 10:30 PM

Couldn't the teams play in January? So the game can take place and you can still go to the playoffs. Also in January you will get more people to watch..

bluedog
December 11th, 2013, 04:24 AM
Couldn't the teams play in January? So the game can take place and you can still go to the playoffs. Also in January you will get more people to watch..

Why would you play a conference championship game after playing in a playoff for a national title?

Think about it.....

caribbeanhen
December 11th, 2013, 06:55 AM

sounds like Beverly Hills, Montana style

bluedog
December 11th, 2013, 08:34 AM
sounds like Beverly Hills, Montana style

Pretty much...

number1
December 24th, 2013, 11:32 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the SWAC isn't the only FCS conference not participating in the playoffs.

Twentysix
December 24th, 2013, 12:48 PM

No. Their exhibition game is violation of the NCAA rules, and is why they are ineligible for the playoffs. In the FCS it's a one or the other kind of thing.

dgtw
December 24th, 2013, 09:52 PM
I've always loved TSU's schedule, where they don't have to play everyone in the conference. They should either have to play everyone or GTFO. (I know the OVC agreed to it, but if I'm ever named czar of the OVC, I put a stop to this and kick out the non football and Pioneer League schools).

bluedog
December 25th, 2013, 07:09 PM
No. Their exhibition game is violation of the NCAA rules, and is why they are ineligible for the playoffs. In the FCS it's a one or the other kind of thing.

So if playing a conference championship is a violation of NCAA rules how come the SEC well be eligible for playoff competition next year?

I know it's easier to spread a lie then search out the truth but it would be a much better look.

Twentysix
December 25th, 2013, 07:57 PM
So if playing a conference championship is a violation of NCAA rules how come the SEC well be eligible for playoff competition next year?

I know it's easier to spread a lie then search out the truth but it would be a much better look.

http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/D114.pdf

Have at it.

NDSU could play UND in december for the North Dakota Championship, but we would be ineligible for playoff participation by doing so.

I believe if the SWAC had its championship game before selection sunday and only played 11/12 games with the championship included (meaning non championship swac teams would play 10/11) they could partcipate in the FCS playoffs. If it holds the game after selection sunday, the end of the regular season for FCS it is considered a exhibition/bowl game and makes them ineligible for the playoffs.

I am sure they will amend the rulebook when the FBS playoff gets to enough games where the SEC would become ineligible.

bluedog
December 25th, 2013, 09:00 PM
http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/D114.pdf

Have at it.

NDSU could play UND in december for the North Dakota Championship, but we would be ineligible for playoff participation by doing so.

I believe if the SWAC had its championship game before selection sunday and only played 11/12 games with the championship included (meaning non championship swac teams would play 10/11) they could partcipate in the FCS playoffs. If it holds the game after selection sunday, the end of the regular season for FCS it is considered a exhibition/bowl game and makes them ineligible for the playoffs.

I am sure they will amend the rulebook when the FBS playoff gets to enough games where the SEC would become ineligible.

It's amazing for the last ten years or so this same old tired topic never fails to come up and people are still clueless even after it's be answered a gazillion times.

jstate83
December 27th, 2013, 12:36 PM

Guess you have never heard of the IVY's not participating in the playoffs either. Guess it has and always will be a "color" thing with you. IVY's not participating in playoffs is OK with you. The SWAC not participating is racial segregation. You have not changed in the 3 years it has been since I posted here CITdog. :D

jstate83
December 27th, 2013, 12:39 PM

When we was in the playoffs, ya'll pitched a byotch asking why are we here. Now that we don't go to the playoffs, now you pitching a byotch over why we NOT there. Andf this was for a SWAC CHAMPIONSHIP not a BLACK Championship.

But I see the same old mentality exist here as it did in the past. Always calling for some "race card" but the first thing you do when you post is go racial.

jstate83
December 27th, 2013, 12:41 PM
xscanx

he asked a question and now I'm asking the same question because if any of you would read before you go racial, this was for the SWAC Cham,pionship. So all these post about another Championship is silly. Go back and read the question and actually comprehend what is being asked.

dgtw
December 27th, 2013, 05:48 PM
Guess you have never heard of the IVY's not participating in the playoffs either. Guess it has and always will be a "color" thing with you. IVY's not participating in playoffs is OK with you. The SWAC not participating is racial segregation. You have not changed in the 3 years it has been since I posted here CITdog. :D

I think the Ivy League sitting out the playoffs is a form of segregation. They are segregating themselves from the lowlifes who want to play extra games and give out some haughty reasoning for doing so. Never mind they participate in every other NCAA sports postseason. They just to appear to be above the fray and treating football as if its a game played by young lads in the 19th century doing it for the love of the game.

I think the SWAC's line of thinking is segregation in that they see the SWAC game as another "Classic" game that are popular among the HBCU schools where the game takes a back seat to hanging out and having a party.

I think both reasons are idiotic and unfair to the players and to the fans who would like to see their team prove they are the best in the country.

bluedog
December 28th, 2013, 10:28 AM
I think the Ivy League sitting out the playoffs is a form of segregation. They are segregating themselves from the lowlifes who want to play extra games and give out some haughty reasoning for doing so. Never mind they participate in every other NCAA sports postseason. They just to appear to be above the fray and treating football as if its a game played by young lads in the 19th century doing it for the love of the game.

I think the SWAC's line of thinking is segregation in that they see the SWAC game as another "Classic" game that are popular among the HBCU schools where the game takes a back seat to hanging out and having a party.

I think both reasons are idiotic and unfair to the players and to the fans who would like to see their team prove they are the best in the country.

Finally a sensible answer..... 95% wrong but sensible and not closed minded.

It took over ten years to get here but I guess better late then never.

Twentysix
December 28th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Finally a sensible answer..... 95% wrong but sensible and not closed minded.

It took over ten years to get here but I guess better late then never.

This post is 63.2% wrong. Try again.

bluedog
December 28th, 2013, 04:53 PM
This post is 63.2% wrong. Try again.

What makes you think your input is of any value on the topic?

Are you an alum of a SWAC school?

Are you or have you coach or taught at a SWAC school?

Are you a fan of SWAC football?

Have you attended board meetings with the counsel of Presidents and SWAC commissioner?

dgtw
December 28th, 2013, 05:02 PM
So unless you have some connection to the SWAC, your opinion doesn't matter?

bluedog
December 28th, 2013, 05:20 PM

Absolutely NOT!

Unless you're talking strictly football.

Demwai
December 29th, 2013, 04:06 PM

Would your school do a home and home with a SWAC school? Or is that beneath you?

dgtw
December 29th, 2013, 06:52 PM
Would your school do a home and home with a SWAC school? Or is that beneath you?

I traveled to Montgomery this year to see my school defeat Alabama State. But it was a one game deal, so maybe traveling to Jacksonville is beneath them.

BluBengal07
December 29th, 2013, 07:39 PM
xcoffeex this thread though. always end the same.

bluedog
December 30th, 2013, 11:11 AM
xcoffeex this thread though. always end the same.

Yep...ten years later