PDA

View Full Version : Cecchini (Lehigh OC) to Valpo as HC

danefan
December 10th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Footballscoop.com reporting the move this morning. Good hire for Valpo.

DFW HOYA
December 10th, 2013, 07:07 AM
Footballscoop.com reporting the move this morning. Good hire for Valpo.

Good hire but a lot of work for him to do. Other than Savannah State, there's not a I-AA program as deep in the ditch as Valpo has been of late.

danefan
December 10th, 2013, 07:12 AM
Good hire but a lot of work for him to do. Other than Savannah State, there's not a I-AA program as deep in the ditch as Valpo has been of late.
Valpo is a thankless job, IMO. What happens even if he does win there?

RichH2
December 10th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Cannot express how much I hope this is incorrect. Bound to happen tho as Dave is an excellent OC destined to be a HC. He certainly deserves moving up and I wish him the best of luck. He did a remarkable job as OC/QB coach at LU. Resurrected an O that had been totally out of sync under prior OC.

WM2001
December 10th, 2013, 07:58 AM
I think he rushed to take this job because he wanted to be a HC as though it didn't matter where. He could have probably waited a few weeks and been offered an OC job at Rutgers or a similar FBS program.

RichH2
December 10th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Not surprised that Dave moved on. He was on a lot of short lists in IL. Why Valpo? Other than getting some HC experience ,I dont see much upside to being HC at Valpo. He has locked himself into a 4-5 yr rebuild of a non schollie program.Even if successful,where would that lead him?

Bill
December 10th, 2013, 08:12 AM
If this is true, I wish Dave nothing but the best - and I think there's more to the story than him rushing to take a HC job...

CFBfan
December 10th, 2013, 08:15 AM
seems like a questionable career move at best

RichH2
December 10th, 2013, 08:21 AM
If this is true, I wish Dave nothing but the best - and I think there's more to the story than him rushing to take a HC job...

I agree but what? Why a dead end program in the middle of nowhere? Other than HC title it does not seem to be an upward move. I'm gonna hold onto my wish that this is premature speculationxconfusedx

Lehigh Football Nation
December 10th, 2013, 08:26 AM
I'm efforting to discover about the validity of the scoop.

Bill
December 10th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Rich - Not sure yet...I'm going to have my sources :) look into it.

On a side note, anyone notice that Adam Scheier is the interim head coach at Bowling Green - for the bowl game? I hope it goes well for Adam. I'm also somewhat surprised that Clawson didn't take him with to Wake...

RichH2
December 10th, 2013, 08:35 AM
Rich - Not sure yet...I'm going to have my sources :) look into it.

On a side note, anyone notice that Adam Scheier is the interim head coach at Bowling Green - for the bowl game? I hope it goes well for Adam. I'm also somewhat surprised that Clawson didn't take him with to Wake...
Adam an excellent coach. My thought when I saw that was he could get HC spot.

JSUBison
December 10th, 2013, 08:41 AM
Not surprised that Dave moved on. He was on a lot of short lists in IL. Why Valpo? Other than getting some HC experience ,I dont see much upside to being HC at Valpo. He has locked himself into a 4-5 yr rebuild of a non schollie program.Even if successful,where would that lead him?

It does seem like a no win situation for the guy. However, if he can turn around Valpo, and I'm not talking 10-1 and playoff run or anything, but being competitive and with a winning season or two, that would be a miracle. A higher FCS program no doubt would look hard at him.

Lehigh'98
December 10th, 2013, 08:43 AM
It's true, trust me. Hope they promote from within and give coach Ryan the job.

Bogus Megapardus
December 10th, 2013, 08:44 AM
I'm efforting to discover about the validity of the scoop.

We don't use "effort" as a verb in polite company, LFN. xsmhx

How strange is this story? And Valpo? Were there cheerleaders involved somewhere? I suppose if he resurrects Valpo he can go elsewhere with a pedigree.

RichH2
December 10th, 2013, 08:55 AM

Love Ryan but that would be one heck of a jump. Agree tho, I would rather have a guy familiar with LU offense over another Trey.

crusader11
December 10th, 2013, 08:59 AM
I don't understand this move at all.

DC was close to the Yale job when that opened up. He probably could have had better head coaching gigs at the FCS level had they opened up.

There's something to be said for having your own program and building it up, but I still don't get this.

Bogus Megapardus
December 10th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Groller is repeating the story:

http://blogs.mcall.com/groller/2013/12/report-lehigh-offensive-coordinator-dave-cecchini-to-be-named-head-coach-at-valpraiso.html

Fordham
December 10th, 2013, 09:05 AM
So strange.

Is my memory failing or was Coen on the cusp of not making it just prior to bringing Cecchini back? Then, after Cecchini, Lehigh completely turns it around. I could be wrong but I thought during one of our last two coaching vacancies I had asked about him and heard he had no interest. Again, this is friend of a friend stuff, so who knows? Based on that and his overall resume, I always thought he was destined for bigger things. Now, not so much. I always saw a HC job in the Ivies or PL as his next natural stop. Really stunned but (no offense Engineers), hope you guys go back to how you were under Coen prior to Cecc's arrival!

Lol on "efforting" btw.

Franks Tanks
December 10th, 2013, 09:14 AM
So strange.

Is my memory failing or was Coen on the cusp of not making it just prior to bringing Cecchini back? Then, after Cecchini, Lehigh completely turns it around. I could be wrong but I thought during one of our last two coaching vacancies I had asked about him and heard he had no interest. Again, this is friend of a friend stuff, so who knows? Based on that and his overall resume, I always thought he was destined for bigger things. Now, not so much. I always saw a HC job in the Ivies or PL as his next natural stop. Really stunned but (no offense Engineers), hope you guys go back to how you were under Coen prior to Cecc's arrival!

Lol on "efforting" btw.

That is true. I believe Coen had 3 losing seasons out of 4 before Chechinni came back to save his ass. Lehigh actually shared a PL title with Lafayette in 2006 with Coen, but they lost to the Leopards that year so it was a bit hollow.

Coen was always saying that he wanted a running team, and was losing plenty of games. Chechinni came back and restored the old Lehigh offense that was used in the Higgins era and they started winning again.

Lehigh will have a lot of work to do this offseason. No Chechinni and no Qb.

RichH2
December 10th, 2013, 09:15 AM
Well, how likely is it that Andy can find a better OC than Dave? Real question must be can he hire someone better than his 1st OC?

Go Green
December 10th, 2013, 09:18 AM

Adam and I were teammates at Dartmouth. He's a heck of a guy. Hope it goes well for him!!

Lehigh'98
December 10th, 2013, 09:20 AM

Love Ryan but that would be one heck of a jump. Agree tho, I would rather have a guy familiar with LU offense over another Trey.

I know it would be a big jump and admittedly I am biased for him, but he has been around the system for about a decade now and knows his stuff offensively. I would be very leery about bringing in a completely new system. Coen can also help him out as he used to be the O Coordinator there.

andy7171
December 10th, 2013, 09:29 AM

DetroitFlyer
December 10th, 2013, 10:49 AM
I agree but what? Why a dead end program in the middle of nowhere? Other than HC title it does not seem to be an upward move. I'm gonna hold onto my wish that this is premature speculationxconfusedx

Valpo is only 1 hour from downtown Chicago.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 10th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Has there been a worse program in FCS over the last 10 years than Valpo? This is definitely a strange move, almost seems like an act of desperation. It would be like taking the Eastern Michigan job in FBS, or worse.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 10th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Well, how likely is it that Andy can find a better OC than Dave? Real question must be can he hire someone better than his 1st OC?

Outside of hiring Cech, I'm not sure Coen has done a very good job of building a coaching staff. Given the questions on defense and now offense, it's hard to be very confident moving forward.

Lehigh'98
December 10th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Outside of hiring Cech, I'm not sure Coen has done a very good job of building a coaching staff. Given the questions on defense and now offense, it's hard to be very confident moving forward.

They will most likely need a fresh face on offensive side of staff, but schematically they can handle it with Coen and Ryan. I never thought Coen was the best playcaller as I think he relied on too many gimmick plays like screens and never seemed to come up big on 3rd downs, Cecchini was much better.

On the defensive side of the ball, I think the answer is simple. Demote the 2 headed monster and promote Bott.

I like Cecchini alot, he is a great guy, nice as can be and wish him all the best at Valpo, but that is a huge challenge out there. IMO, he should have stayed on the Clawson (just accepted the WF job) and Lembo path. I think he could have gotten a good gig at an IVY or other FCS schollie school, then if he was successful there, move up.

RichH2
December 10th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Valpo is only 1 hour from downtown Chicago.

I was referring to football landscape not geography.

Bogus Megapardus
December 10th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Valpo to the PL. It has to be. :p

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 10th, 2013, 11:19 AM
They will most likely need a fresh face on offensive side of staff, but schematically they can handle it with Coen and Ryan. I never thought Coen was the best playcaller as I think he relied on too many gimmick plays like screens and never seemed to come up big on 3rd downs, Cecchini was much better.

On the defensive side of the ball, I think the answer is simple. Demote the 2 headed monster and promote Bott.

I like Cecchini alot, he is a great guy, nice as can be and wish him all the best at Valpo, but that is a huge challenge out there. IMO, he should have stayed on the Clawson (just accepted the WF job) and Lembo path. I think he could have gotten a good gig at an IVY or other FCS schollie school, then if he was successful there, move up.

I just have visions of the Lehigh offense cira 2008 or so and, yikes!! Their was some talent, not like now, and it was painful to watch. Cech had the guts to bench Clark in favor of Lum and the rest is history. I'm not sure Coen would do that. Coen is a really good recruiter and leader of men imo. But, he needs to surround himself with good coordinators. He's far more Mack Brown than Nick Saban...

With that said, I am confident that Coen has grown as a HC. He's now an experienced HC that should have the ability to learn from the past.

RichH2
December 10th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Bott would be great. Not as down on Andy's staff picks. Only Trey was truly terrible. Roberts and Wilcher are very good position coaches. The co DC has not worked. Fault? Dont know.
What Andy does now will determine his future at LU.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 10th, 2013, 11:29 AM
I'm starting to get the impression that Coen is more and more likely to be a "lifer", assuming he continues to be successful.

Perhaps the only job he leaves for at this point is Penn? Coaches in the IL and PL seem much more likely to stay than the rest of FCS. The fact that Murphy is still at Harvard amazes me.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 10th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Valparaiso has a press conference scheduled for 8:00 CST tomorrow (9:00 EST) to announce its new head football coach.

Bogus Megapardus
December 10th, 2013, 11:47 AM
I'm starting to get the impression that Coen is more and more likely to be a "lifer", assuming he continues to be successful.

Life is pretty good for a guy in Coen's chair. Decent pay, extreme job stability, probably a faculty pension, very congenial atmosphere, posh office/perks/facilities, and almost half of his players can spell their first names without a TA's help. What's not to like?

Patriot League assistants, by contrast, are notoriously underpaid.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 10th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Valparaiso has a press conference scheduled for 8:00 CST tomorrow (9:00 EST) to announce its new head football coach.

Does anyone know how much their football coach makes? Valpo has a legitimately good mid-major hoops program that has to turn some sort of profit.

This is still really weird. Not that he left, but he left for Valpo. They make Wyoming look like Notre Dame...

Bogus Megapardus
December 10th, 2013, 11:49 AM

They will be efforting to make the announcement right on time, so don't be late.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 10th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Life is pretty good for a guy in Coen's chair. Decent pay, extreme job stability, probably a faculty pension, very congenial atmosphere, posh office/perks/facilities, and almost half of his players can spell their first names without a TA's help. What's not to like?

Patriot League assistants, by contrast, are notoriously underpaid.

I completely agree.

Tavani, Coen and Biddle have/had it pretty good. Seven Oaks would be enough to keep me in Hamilton for a few years xbowx

There still is a level of expectations. Lehigh and Fordham have the highest imo. Coen will have to keep the ship moving ahead despite the loss. A couple of years of ugliness and he'll feel it...

Lehigh Football Nation
December 10th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Does anyone know how much their football coach makes? Valpo has a legitimately good mid-major hoops program that has to turn some sort of profit.

This is still really weird. Not that he left, but he left for Valpo. They make Wyoming look like Notre Dame...

I don't know but I would heavily suspect it would be a big raise over an assistant salary at Lehigh.

Taking over Valpo's head coaching position is the ultimate can't lose scenario. If he gets the Crusaders to .500 and credibly competing for a championship from the depths where it is now, it's a rousing success.

You know who else was a pretty gosh-darned good PFL head football coach? Jim Harbaugh.

citdog
December 10th, 2013, 11:54 AM
Dave C did a good job at The Citadel and he'll do a good job at Valpo. HOT wife too..

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 10th, 2013, 11:56 AM
I don't know but I would heavily suspect it would be a big raise over an assistant salary at Lehigh.

Taking over Valpo's head coaching position is the ultimate can't lose scenario. If he gets the Crusaders to .500 and credibly competing for a championship from the depths where it is now, it's a rousing success.

You know who else was a pretty gosh-darned good PFL head football coach? Jim Harbaugh.

Didn't he interview with Yale a couple years ago? He's been an OC in the IL, SoCon and PL. I just find it hard to believe he couldn't have gotten a coaching job at a "big time" FCS program. His name always pops up when there's a vacancy in the Mid-Atlantic.

Lehigh'98
http://www.indeed.com/salary/q-Head-Football-Coach-l-Valparaiso,-IN.html

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/showthread.php?149483-Open-Coaching-Jobs

I had asked this question a few days ago but got no response. The web says $134k/y, but I dont know how accurate that is.

Bogus Megapardus
There still is a level of expectations. Lehigh and Fordham have the highest imo.

Lafayette fans have been expectationing more and more of late . . . .

Bogus Megapardus
December 10th, 2013, 12:00 PM
HOT wife too..

Pix or GTFO.

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 10th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Lafayette fans have been expectationing more and more of late . . . .

I'm factoring in the administration. Lafayette and Holy Cross have great fans but there's a cultural problem...

Bogus Megapardus
December 10th, 2013, 12:02 PM
I'm factoring in the administration. Lafayette and Holy Cross have great fans but there's a cultural problem...

We've been culturaling with the best of them, I thought.

Franks Tanks
December 10th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Dave C did a good job at The Citadel and he'll do a good job at Valpo. HOT wife too..

Maybe James Franklin will hire him some day.

CFBfan
December 10th, 2013, 12:04 PM
he must really like brown....their uni's are uglier than LU. perhaps he will be efforting to change that after he arrives

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 10th, 2013, 12:05 PM
We've been culturaling with the best of them, I thought.

Perhaps not Temple North but worldly enough...

Lehigh Football Nation
December 10th, 2013, 12:10 PM
I am efforting to not hate Lafayette more than I already do. My efforting failed!

Bogus Megapardus
December 10th, 2013, 12:12 PM
I am efforting to not hate Lafayette more than I already do. My efforting failed!

Your failuring is noted.

Model Citizen
December 10th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Even if successful,where would that lead him?

The last two coaches at USD left for head coaching jobs at Stanford and San Jose State, respectively. They both inherited talent, facilities, and a campus in San Diego.

Cecchini's job is tougher. If can take Valpo to a league crown, I think MAC schools would certainly give him a look.

aceinthehole
December 10th, 2013, 01:05 PM
The last two coaches at USD left for head coaching jobs at Stanford and San Jose State, respectively. They both inherited talent, facilities, and a campus in San Diego.

Didn't realize that. Very impressive for a non-scholly Pioneer school to send 2 coaches straight to FBS head coaching positions.

Model Citizen
December 10th, 2013, 01:05 PM
Valpo to the PL. It has to be. :p

Well, no. But people like this could change the PFL's mindset. The league needs new blood to challenge the status quo ...ask questions--like why doesn't the PFL try to be more like the Patriot?

If I were the new coach at Valpo, I would lobby for changing the PFL's non-scholarship rules. At least allow packaged aid, as the Patriot offered during its "non-scholarship" era. It could be done without ruining all cost savings.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 10th, 2013, 01:07 PM
If I were the new coach at Valpo, I would lobby for changing the PFL's non-scholarship rules. At least allow packaged aid, as the Patriot offered during its "non-scholarship" era. It could be done without ruining all cost savings.

Let's let the guy be announced as HC first :P

Model Citizen
December 10th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Let's not.

Franks Tanks
December 10th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Well, no. But people like this could change the PFL's mindset. The league needs new blood to challenge the status quo ...ask questions--like why doesn't the PFL try to be more like the Patriot?

I think the PFL may find themselves at a crossroads like the PL. Certain schools will want to get better, and at least have the option of spending some $ on need based athletic aid. I can see the PFL moving to a model that provides something like 35-40 need based rides.

Sader87
December 10th, 2013, 02:17 PM
They may have promised Cecchini this Frank's Tanks.....we'll see.

Franks Tanks
December 10th, 2013, 02:19 PM

Quite possible. Cecchini may have been a bit desperate to become a HC (probably got tried of hearing they are looking for someone with HC experience), but he is not stupid.

dbackjon
December 10th, 2013, 02:22 PM

Stanford?

Doc QB
December 10th, 2013, 02:34 PM
I played golf with Dave just prior to summer camp opening up. I asked him about these openings, if he was happy at LU. He said he was really working with Andy and he always talks with him prior to these offers coming up. We did talk about Claussen and Lembo, their path, and that he would go work with them if they called as an assistant at a FBS place if they moved on from the MAC. He was very interested in the Yale gig, but it went to the other guy. Keeler called him from UD, told him he needed an OC, had a new AD, seemed to really want to puch UD forward....he got canned a week later. We laughed about that.

My two cents, and I havent hung out with him since UNH game, is that he sees Lembo and Claussen moving on from MAC jobs, guys he respects immensely, and yet are only a few years older than Dave; they have aleady head coached two FCS programs, too. He might be uncomfortable with that inner clock that says, 'gotta get that HC job.'

I always hoped he'd get the HC job at LU at some point. But he and his wife are from the Minnesota, wonder if being mid-west plays a role.

Model Citizen
December 10th, 2013, 02:35 PM

They may have promised him they'll fight for it. But the whole league would have to approve such a change.

Lehigh'98
December 10th, 2013, 02:51 PM
I played golf with Dave just prior to summer camp opening up. I asked him about these openings, if he was happy at LU. He said he was really working with Andy and he always talks with him prior to these offers coming up. We did talk about Claussen and Lembo, their path, and that he would go work with them if they called as an assistant at a FBS place if they moved on from the MAC. He was very interested in the Yale gig, but it went to the other guy. Keeler called him from UD, told him he needed an OC, had a new AD, seemed to really want to puch UD forward....he got canned a week later. We laughed about that.

My two cents, and I havent hung out with him since UNH game, is that he sees Lembo and Claussen moving on from MAC jobs, guys he respects immensely, and yet are only a few years older than Dave; they have aleady head coached two FCS programs, too. He might be uncomfortable with that inner clock that says, 'gotta get that HC job.'

I always hoped he'd get the HC job at LU at some point. But he and his wife are from the Minnesota, wonder if being mid-west plays a role.

Clawson just recently accepted the WF job. Must have had his staff already picked out to go with him.

RichH2
December 10th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Almost a record for us. We are still on topic. Dave is smart and an excellent coach. If anyone can succeed at Valpo,he will. Here's hoping that Andy has learned from the Trey fiasco. He has grown tremendouslya s a HC. We'll see if his recruiting ability will carry over to a new OC

Libertine
December 10th, 2013, 03:30 PM
If anyone can succeed at Valpo, that person will become a god among men.

Fixed that.

Bogus Megapardus
December 10th, 2013, 03:54 PM
Who exactly is he recruiting at Valpo? What does Valpo offer that a top Midwestern DIII program does not?

Model Citizen
December 10th, 2013, 04:02 PM
Better school.
Potential FCS playoff bid.
Chance to play for coach Cecchini and his wonderful new (yet to be named) coaching staff.

I would start with those things. It's something.

RichH2
December 10th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Kids love that D-I label even on a PFL team. All the charm and expertise in the world wont cut it w/o at least equivalent funding with the rest of PFL. I hope he got at least the promise of additional $$

danefan
December 10th, 2013, 05:42 PM
Better school.
Potential FCS playoff bid.
Chance to play for coach Cecchini and his wonderful new (yet to be named) coaching staff.

I would start with those things. It's something.

Wonder if he even takes the job without the AQ. I doubt it.

Bogus Megapardus
December 10th, 2013, 06:09 PM
No one has started looking at the open dates on Lehigh's future schedules? You know it's going to happen . . .

Engineer86
December 10th, 2013, 06:41 PM
No one has started looking at the open dates on Lehigh's future schedules? You know it's going to happen . . .

Havent you heard we are running the gauntlet to start the season next year:D

Bogus Megapardus
December 10th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Havent you heard we are running the gauntlet to start the season next year:D

Will you be gauntleting effortingly?

Engineer86
December 10th, 2013, 06:59 PM
Will you be gauntleting effortingly?

Hopefully we will be efforting to give a full effort and not schedule the team most could beat with little effort

Pard4Life
December 10th, 2013, 08:25 PM
Ah, this is GREAT news! What a great day! I feel like LFN when he takes his happy pills! xrotatehx

RichH2
December 10th, 2013, 08:35 PM
My my aren't the little pards being catty. Mockery should have more humor and less pettiness to qualify as banter.

Bogus Megapardus
December 10th, 2013, 09:18 PM
My my aren't the little pards being catty. Mockery should have more humor and less pettiness to qualify as banter.

If we wish to banter mockeringly and pettyingly it only serves you right.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 10th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Bogie had simply better hope that Lehigh fans don't coin the term "loosingly" as "heading to Central Connecticut".

Bogus Megapardus
December 10th, 2013, 10:08 PM
For those of you of a certain era, try reading some of these PL threads while listening to "Dark Side of the Moon" through a pair of really good headphones as I am doing right now. Mind Blowingly (and/or mind wastingly).

That is all.

danefan
December 11th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Something to shoot for - Football Scoop reporting that Creighton (HC of Drake) will be named the next HC at Eastern Michigan.

PFL-->MAC

MAC has been the BCS feeder of late.

ngineer
December 11th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Wow...been in court for two days and not able to jump into the 'fray' of the excitorment. (;-).

Chick is a great guy and we all knew this day would come. Destination a bit puzzling, but I think the need to get "the" first HC gig was calling louder each year. Valpo is a no-lose proposition. Situation worse than what Lembo found at Elon. If he turns Valpo into a competitor within 3 years or so, he's on his way.
As for Lehigh, keep in mind Coen was the OC back in the '90's so he knows what's needed...for what we are doing now. Ryan, being the RB coach is certainly a candidate, but at the same time, we will need an excellent QB coach, which Cecchini was.....Phil Stambaugh anyone????!!

RichH2
December 12th, 2013, 08:27 AM
Wow...been in court for two days and not able to jump into the 'fray' of the excitorment. (;-).

Chick is a great guy and we all knew this day would come. Destination a bit puzzling, but I think the need to get "the" first HC gig was calling louder each year. Valpo is a no-lose proposition. Situation worse than what Lembo found at Elon. If he turns Valpo into a competitor within 3 years or so, he's on his way.
As for Lehigh, keep in mind Coen was the OC back in the '90's so he knows what's needed...for what we are doing now. Ryan, being the RB coach is certainly a candidate, but at the same time, we will need an excellent QB coach, which Cecchini was.....Phil Stambaugh anyone????!!
Didn't think of Phil. QB coach? That would be great. Wonder if Andy can hire both a new OC and a QB coach?

PAllen
December 12th, 2013, 10:05 AM
Phil would be fantastic. We've got quite a few former QBs who could be looked at Brant, Luke... I know Brant went back to coaching HS ball for a while, not sure what the rest are up to, or if they'd even be interested.

Lehigh'98
December 12th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Phil would probably be the best fit as he is closest to the area and already coaching at Pius I think. Luke isn't coaching now, Brant is, but in Baltimore area.

Bill
December 12th, 2013, 01:31 PM
As far as I know, Luke is coaching 11U baseball in Dunellen, NJ :)

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 12th, 2013, 01:48 PM
How about Van Zile from Monmouth? I like way the Hawks play on that side of the ball. He's a Jersey native, went to Towson...

He was a two-way player at Towson. PL Academic honor role....

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 12th, 2013, 01:56 PM
There has to be some non-Lehigh guys on the list...

RichH2
December 12th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Brant is 1st yr HC at Loyola Blakefield. Rebuilding prgram, altho did neat their rival Calvert Hall. Phil at Pius X.

Franks Tanks
December 12th, 2013, 02:17 PM
I think you should hire them all! The more high school coaches on staff the better!

Lehigh Football Nation
December 12th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Will it be one of these 10 guys?

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2013/12/the-next-lehigh-offensive-coordinator.html

Bogus Megapardus
December 12th, 2013, 03:06 PM
There has to be some non-Lehigh guys on the list...

What with the visas and the inoculations and the post-interview quarantine and such, it's just cost prohibitive for regular people. Best to keep that sort of thing localized to the extent feasible.

Pard4Life
December 12th, 2013, 04:15 PM
Andy Coen is well aware that if he does not pick the correct OC, he's outta there...

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 30th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Still nothing, ehh?

It has been a very quiet month of December for Lehigh football....

ngineer
December 30th, 2013, 01:37 PM
I wouldn't expect an announcement before January 4, at the earliest.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 30th, 2013, 01:46 PM
I have half a mind to post odds on who the new guy is going to be, just to restart the conversation.

Go Lehigh TU owl
January 8th, 2014, 06:21 PM
Any new rumors? The silence is deafening. Given how quickly signing day is approaching, the panic button is starting to come into sight....

ngineer
January 8th, 2014, 09:13 PM
Was told by a very close source that an announcement is expected by end of this week. No clue as to who, however, there is speculation that Mike Faragulli may be a candidate, having just been terminated at UVA, and former OC at Richmond who, when they won the NC, had a mobile QB. A situation we will likely have the next three years.

RichH2
January 8th, 2014, 11:10 PM
Love to have Mike but at this point I hope Andy gets the right guy for us as soon as he can before recruiting winds down

Lehigh Football Nation
February 27th, 2014, 03:28 PM
We don't use "effort" as a verb in polite company, LFN. xsmhx

How strange is this story? And Valpo? Were there cheerleaders involved somewhere? I suppose if he resurrects Valpo he can go elsewhere with a pedigree.

They will be efforting to make the announcement right on time, so don't be late.

For the record, "effort" (as a verb) is not only apparently in common usage, it's a cliche!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/opinions/wp/2014/02/27/the-outlook-list-of-things-we-do-not-say/