PDA

View Full Version : Montana State beats same QB twice

aceinthehole
October 13th, 2006, 10:14 AM
I'm sure this is known to many MSU fans, but I just read it and found it to be very funny!

From ESPN:
The Buffs' futility has created one statistical oddity. Brian White, who started the season as Colorado's backup quarterback, left the team just after they fell to I-AA Montana State. White transferred to Portland State, which, because it's a I-AA school, meant he was immediately eligible.

Last weekend, White completed 2-of-7 passes for 34 yards as the Vikings fell to -- you guessed it -- Montana State. Meaning White had managed to lose to the same team twice in the same season with two different schools. Those, by the way, two of just three wins for the Bobcats, who are working furiously to facilitate another transfer for White as we speak.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=revsine_dave&id=2622480&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos2

AppGuy04
October 13th, 2006, 10:24 AM
Probably never happened before

elkmcc
October 13th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Probably never happened before

Just like an I-AA team beating a I-A team and following it up by losing to a Division II team. Probably never happened before.:hurray:

AppGuy04
October 13th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Just like an I-AA team beating a I-A team and following it up by losing to a Division II team. Probably never happened before.:hurray:

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

AZGrizFan
October 13th, 2006, 10:43 AM

ZING!

Uncle Buck
October 13th, 2006, 11:14 AM
That's great, i can't imagine that has happened before.

Walkon79
October 13th, 2006, 11:29 AM
ZING!

Too bad he can't transfer to the Griz and play right away!!

thirdgendin
October 13th, 2006, 11:30 AM

Sadly, it has happened before; maybe more than we'd like to believe. In 2003, Florida Atlantic (you know, the I-A powerhouse from the other thread) beat Middle Tennessee State, 20-19, in the season opener. The Owls followed that up with a 45-17 blowout lose against D2 Valdosta State!

Furman pulled the reverse in 1985, losing 24-21 to Newberry and destroying N.C. State two weeks later, 42-20. And we even went to the title game that year.

goasu984Life
October 13th, 2006, 11:32 AM
I'm sure this is known to many MSU fans, but I just read it and found it to be very funny!

From ESPN:
The Buffs' futility has created one statistical oddity. Brian White, who started the season as Colorado's backup quarterback, left the team just after they fell to I-AA Montana State. White transferred to Portland State, which, because it's a I-AA school, meant he was immediately eligible.

Last weekend, White completed 2-of-7 passes for 34 yards as the Vikings fell to -- you guessed it -- Montana State. Meaning White had managed to lose to the same team twice in the same season with two different schools. Those, by the way, two of just three wins for the Bobcats, who are working furiously to facilitate another transfer for White as we speak.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/story?columnist=revsine_dave&id=2622480&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos2

I'm betting that it may never happen again.

AZGrizFan
October 13th, 2006, 12:11 PM
Too bad he can't transfer to the Griz and play right away!!

I'm afraid you'll need more than that to beat the Griz this year, 79. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Walkon79
October 13th, 2006, 12:18 PM
I'm afraid you'll need more than that to beat the Griz this year, 79. :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

Might be right, but as the board says, AGS

Go Cats

MplsBison
October 13th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Are you kidding me?

He transfered in the middle of the season to another school? Come on. There needs to be a rule against that.

walliver
October 13th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Are you kidding me?

He transfered in the middle of the season to another school? Come on. There needs to be a rule against that.

That would appear to be a problem. Is there a "trade" cut-off date, or could a I-A player transfer to a I-AA team after the I-A's last game and still play in the I-AA playoffs? Under the new rules, a senior couldn't do that, but could an underclassman?

PantherRob82
October 14th, 2006, 09:45 AM
funny stuff.

AppGuy04
October 14th, 2006, 09:50 AM
That would appear to be a problem. Is there a "trade" cut-off date, or could a I-A player transfer to a I-AA team after the I-A's last game and still play in the I-AA playoffs? Under the new rules, a senior couldn't do that, but could an underclassman?

I agree, there has to be some rule against transferring after a certain amount of games.

GOKATS
October 14th, 2006, 01:20 PM
Are you kidding me?

He transferred after one game, in which he did not play. Had he played he would not be eligible to transfer and be immediately eligible.