PDA

View Full Version : Hey Brother, can you spare a head coach?

Drblankstare
December 8th, 2013, 01:24 AM
Thoughts on the new Bison Coach.

I'm going with Ditka

Squealofthepig
December 8th, 2013, 01:25 AM
Well, there's that Kiffin guy.

I take it back, I won't put that evil on you.

Drblankstare
December 8th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Well, there's that Kiffin guy.

I take it back, I won't put that evil on you.
That's just mean:)

centennial
December 8th, 2013, 01:28 AM
Funny that UND and NDSU will look at the same time.

Southern Bison
December 8th, 2013, 01:31 AM

Just means the UN_ list is going to get a lot weaker.

Drblankstare
December 8th, 2013, 01:31 AM
Good point, I wonder if NDSU will need to put an ad out in the classifieds

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2013, 01:32 AM
If they can convince Klieman I think that's the no brainer choice. If not, Scottie Hazelton (former Bison DC - current DC at Nevada) would be a logical choice with NDSU ties. I also think it's a very attractive job so they could take their pick of candidates from around the country and pull a "Wyoming" on another program.

Mr. C
December 8th, 2013, 01:33 AM
Bring Rocky back.

Texas
December 8th, 2013, 01:34 AM
We will give you Collins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 01:34 AM
Has Mount Union or the other DIII powerhouse team had a consistent coach (the one in wisconsin, whitewater I think?)? "Wyoming" him would maybe be ideal. We already do well in Wisconsin, growing the pipeline sure wouldn't hurt.

Squealofthepig
December 8th, 2013, 01:39 AM
That's just mean:)

I said I take it back! :)

On a serious note, NDSU has got to be a great opportunity for lower-level FCS coaches or D2 coaches, or for FBS OCs/DCs. NDSU signaled it was willing to take a bit of a chance on Bohl after a 7-7 season as Nebraska's DC, so it could be interesting for someone like Florida's DC (Durkin), or any other disappointing FBS team in an FCS conference.

Remember when Texas' Manny Diaz was relieved of his duties as DC? Wouldn't it be neat if NDSU could pick someone like that up at a bargain rate?

I like Professor Chaos' point on Nevada DC Scottie Hazelton - having an "old face" at a time like this would greatly increase goodwill and decrease the rage that Bison fans are (rightfully) feeling.

Drblankstare
December 8th, 2013, 01:39 AM
If they can convince Klieman I think that's the no brainer choice. If not, Scottie Hazelton (former Bison DC - current DC at Nevada) would be a logical choice with NDSU ties. I also think it's a very attractive job so they could take their pick of candidates from around the country and pull a "Wyoming" on another program.
If I had to guess I would say Klieman also, but Im still pulling for Ditka

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 01:42 AM
If I had to guess I would say Klieman also, but Im still pulling for Ditka

Make lakes pay NDSU to coach next year, use all the money saved and lakes fee to resurrect Gil Dobie.

Sure we will run 245 flea flickers in one year, but we will be unstoppable after that one attrocious year!

Squealofthepig
December 8th, 2013, 01:44 AM
Make lakes pay NDSU to coach next year, use all the money saved and lakes fee to resurrect Gil Dobie.

Wouldn't this also have the "drawback" of getting Lakes off all the boards?

I'm excited about this plan and I would like to be a part of it!

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 01:46 AM
Wouldn't this also have the "drawback" of getting Lakes off all the boards?

I'm excited about this plan and I would like to be a part of it!

I suspect all NDSU football news would be divulged via messageboards.

Drblankstare
December 8th, 2013, 01:50 AM
Lakes should get a 24 hour special exemption to come back to AGS. We need his insider info

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 01:54 AM
Lakes should get a 24 hour special exemption to come back to AGS. We need his insider info

Last I heard this is an elaborate plot to get NDSU into the MWC.

JSUBison
December 8th, 2013, 02:00 AM
We just need to find Kelly Leak's dad.

Drblankstare
December 8th, 2013, 02:02 AM
Ok so we're down to Ditka, Klieman, Lakes, or Kelly Leaks dad. I don't see how we lose.

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 02:06 AM
What about the guy from Friday Night lights, he was a solid coach and has good texas connections.

And I think in another show he got newspapers from the future, so he probably is really good at schemeing.

Big Rack
December 8th, 2013, 02:22 AM
Screw the middle man. We should just go and get Tom Osborne.

Professor Chaos
December 8th, 2013, 02:45 AM
John Wayne! He's not dead, he's frozen. And if we can find a cure for cancer we're gonna thaw out the Duke and he's gonna pretty pissed off that Bohl left the way that he did and the he'll take over and direct NDSU to the greatest FCS dynasty we've ever seen. :D

Squealofthepig
December 8th, 2013, 03:14 AM
John Wayne! He's not dead, he's frozen. And if we can find a cure for cancer we're gonna thaw out the Duke and he's gonna pretty pissed off that Bohl left the way that he did and the he'll take over and direct NDSU to the greatest FCS dynasty we've ever seen. :D

Said in the most earnest, Denis Leary tone possible:

Hey Professor Chaos: You're an ***hole!

I'm gonna get the Duke and John Cassavetes and Lee Marvin and Sam Peckinpah and a case of whiskey and drive down to Texas…

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 03:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UrgpZ0fUixs

For those who don't know what we are talking about.

Haha, I read it in a dennis leary voice too.

darell1976
December 8th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Muss to NDSU!! ;)

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 06:24 AM
Muss to NDSU!! ;)

What if this happens... and muss wins like 5 Natty's at NDSU. xsmugx

Might even be funnier if we hired the stache' away from SIU.

darell1976
December 8th, 2013, 08:04 AM

If Muss wins 5 NC in anything the world would end, as for Lennon I think he would go back to UND over NDSU.

taper
December 8th, 2013, 10:14 AM

Just means the UN_ list is going to get a lot weaker.

I doubt the shortlists will have any common names. I do expect needing to hire a few assistants though, that might overlap a few.

DSUrocks07
December 8th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Doug Williams is available I'm sure.

gumby013
December 8th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Gruden to Fargo.

I got the text.

swaghook
December 8th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Bring Rocky back.

I'm sure the fan base would back that not so sure the school would. If for some weird reason they did allow him to return would they also go back to option football?

skinny_uncle
December 8th, 2013, 10:23 AM

Lennon still has a year left on his contract at SIU.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 8th, 2013, 10:23 AM
LOL...Lennon can stay where he is at.

centennial
December 8th, 2013, 10:26 AM
We need to resurrect Vince Lombardi. That is the only solution.

Mn_Moose
December 8th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Carl Pelini is on the short list

Drblankstare
December 8th, 2013, 11:31 AM
I'm thinking some sort of Shula, Ditka, Lombardi cyborg would work.

IBleedYellow
December 8th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Hazelton will be our next HC, I can be excited about that.

MplsBison
December 8th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Whoever NDSU hires needs to understand one simple thing: NDSU wins because it takes the best players in the states of MN, WI, ND, SD and NE that aren't taken by FBS schools.

That's the fact. Noonnegotiable and unquestionable.

Any coach who proposes his vision as coming to NDSU and landing "big time talent" from places like California, Texas, Florida --- simply doesn't get it, never will and should immediately be dismissed from the interview.

Go coach down in those places if you like those high school players so much. We don't need that attitude in Fargo. Our tough, strong, large, fast enough, upper midwest boys are what we want and what we will continue to always win with.

Go Bison!

Eagle22
December 8th, 2013, 11:41 AM
I'm sure this guy is available. He rarely stays anywhere long though ... which if you had him, would be a gloriously welcome attribute. He slobbered all over your 2006 team, so I'm sure he'd love to bring his "process" to NDSU.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/coaches/brian-vangorder/097bd5bd-5c3f-439e-ae85-c342207fcf45 (http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/coaches/brian-vangorder/097bd5bd-5c3f-439e-ae85-c342207fcf45)

McNeese75
December 8th, 2013, 11:56 AM
I'm sure this guy is available. He rarely stays anywhere long though ... which if you had him, would be a gloriously welcome attribute. He slobbered all over your 2006 team, so I'm sure he'd love to bring his "process" to NDSU.

http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/coaches/brian-vangorder/097bd5bd-5c3f-439e-ae85-c342207fcf45 (http://www.newyorkjets.com/team/coaches/brian-vangorder/097bd5bd-5c3f-439e-ae85-c342207fcf45)

Damn, I would not wish that on my worse enemy. What about Hal Mummy??? His offense would fit the Bison well xwhistlex

Catbooster
December 8th, 2013, 03:29 PM
What about Earl Solomonson? Strong ties to the Bison past....

He should be available. Last I heard he was selling insurance in Bozeman.

Bison56
December 8th, 2013, 04:13 PM
I want John Madden! Boom!

Drblankstare
December 8th, 2013, 05:58 PM
I want John Madden! Boom!
How did no one see this before. Madden is the answer

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 07:13 PM
Lennon still has a year left on his contract at SIU.

Bohl had 8 years on his contract lol. I'm sure NDSU isn't interested in Lennon.

Pards Rule
December 8th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Gruden to Fargo.

I got the text.

No, he's with Tavani Gumby! You saw his son Deuce on the sidelines at the Bucknell game right? Of course number 22 - 2 was taken! He was at the Fordham game too in the cheap seats!

WWII
December 8th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Shanahan should be available soon.

ngineer
December 8th, 2013, 10:19 PM
Frank Tavani loved NDSU when he visited...The Frankasaurus in Fargo! Another dinosaur fossil find in the Dakotas!! It all makes sense....xrotatehx

pike51
December 9th, 2013, 08:48 AM
You're all idiots. Lakesboson is the obvious choice. Only question is, would he be willing to hire any assistants and who would work for him?

pike51
December 9th, 2013, 08:49 AM
Damn, I would not wish that on my worse enemy. What about Hal Mummy??? His offense would fit the Bison well xwhistlex

Mumme would be a good choice but I think he might be decently happy at SMU right now. :)

Hambone
December 9th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Looking at this seriously for a minute, I have to wonder if NDSU will look at FBS coordinators, current FCS head coaches/coordinators, or lower level head coaches. I would think if they look lower level, you've got Glenn Caruso, Lance Liepold and John Wristen (maybe the Ferris State coach - I think Bison fans really liked him). FCS level I can't think of any head coach that might be looking (although I'm sure there are some), but I'm sure a boatload of coordinators will be interested. THe FBS coordinators is what I'm interested in seeing who pops out. UND got a couple, and I'm sure NDSU will get a lot more. Will be interesting to see.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 9th, 2013, 09:10 AM
You're all idiots. Lakesboson is the obvious choice. Only question is, would he be willing to hire any assistants and who would work for him?

Didn't the Nobel prize in physics go to the guys who discovered the lakes-boson?

saxbison
December 9th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Didn't the Nobel prize in physics go to the guys who discovered the lakes-boson?

Ya. I think they nicknamed it the godinhisownmind particle.

McNeese75
December 9th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Mumme would be a good choice but I think he might be decently happy at SMU right now. :)

He won't be there long, he never is

Mr. C
December 9th, 2013, 10:20 PM
Jerry Moore is available. He is a Bohl mentor and made a great impression on the Bison players when he spent some time with them earlier this year. Of course, on the down side, Jerry is almost an old as Gil Dobie.

Thumper76
December 9th, 2013, 10:48 PM
How about Luke Meadows, FAU OC old SDSU line coach

gregatim
December 9th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Bill Cowher is rumored to be considering applying for the job as a tribute to his old pal Ron Erhardt.

BisonBacker
December 9th, 2013, 11:09 PM
I'm thinking this guy will be our new HC..

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t114/bri4878/tumblr_m4dsjeFbr71qh6zgbo1_1280_zpsf5dbc0d2.png

Bisonator
December 10th, 2013, 09:08 AM

No way Lakes would hire any assistants. His ego wouldn't let that happen. Can you imagine that first press conference? xlolx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8OxKx6zKkQ

Gil Dobie
December 10th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Jerry Moore is available. He is a Bohl mentor and made a great impression on the Bison players when he spent some time with them earlier this year. Of course, on the down side, Jerry is almost an old as Gil Dobie.

Real Gil Dobie at that xlolx

CassBison
December 10th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Whoever we hire will be another defensive minded coach that will create offense from our defense.

centennial
December 10th, 2013, 11:56 AM
No air raid offense, no option gimmicks. I will be happy if we can keep similar schemes.

MplsBison
December 10th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Absolutely agree! A major component for success in college is to maintain the same schemes year to year (and maintain coaching staff, if possible).

Also think a sub-point of that is not to have an overly complicated scheme on either side of the ball. Let the players play.