View Full Version : Bohl to Wyoming

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Skjellyfetti
December 7th, 2013, 08:41 PM
According to Bruce Feldman

https://twitter.com/BFeldmanCBS/status/409512255760252930

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 08:42 PM
This is like the tenth thread like this in 2 years. Without a link this should come with a ban.

With your link its different :p

BisonBacker
December 7th, 2013, 08:43 PM
Good Lord Bohl wouldn't take that ****ty job but nice try.

Skjellyfetti
December 7th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Feldman is pretty damn reliable.

Still, surprising if true. If he would leave, I would think he could land a better job like Boise.

Also, edited original post with link

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Bison Fan in NW MN
Good Lord Bohl wouldn't take that ****ty job but nice try.

This here BB.

Wyoming sucks. No way would Bohl go there.

X-Factor
Wyoming? ROFL you cant make up something more retarded. Voteban.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

CPrice91
December 7th, 2013, 08:45 PM
That would be too bad, was hoping he'd hold out for something better..

Here's to hoping Feldman is wrong.

smoothjack
December 7th, 2013, 08:47 PM
If true... This. Thread. Will. Be. Epic. xpopcornx

Skjellyfetti
December 7th, 2013, 08:47 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/bruce-feldman/24368098/wyoming-lands-bohl-as-new-head-coach

T-Dog
December 7th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Reserved spot on page one. Will rent space for the right price.

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 08:48 PM
Kleiman to HC. You heard it here first! :p (I am speculating)

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2013, 08:49 PM
Bruce Feldman (https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=BFeldmanCBS) @BFeldmanCBS

#Wyoming (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Wyoming) will announce North Dakota St's Craig Bohl Sunday as its new head coach, per source. He's 40-2 last 3 seasons.

Timing is pretty sh***y...promote Klieman immediately.

1andDone
December 7th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Should've held out until the playoffs were over.

Bisonator
December 7th, 2013, 08:50 PM
Wow can't believe he would leave for the Wyoming job. If true good luck to him.

BisonBohl
December 7th, 2013, 08:52 PM
Wow this sucks, especially the timing...

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 7th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Damn. And I thought Mike London did us dirty when he left us for a real job like UVA about an hour after our season ended.

This is incredible.

Bison Fan in NW MN
Now Izzo is tweeting it.....frickin sucks!

Crappy timing.

Klieman would be a great Bison HC.

Southern Bison
I don't buy it...remember the last paragraph in the NYT article a couple of weeks ago?

When you find a place that fits your value system, the allure of ‘what the big time is’ is not such a big hook. That, for me, has dissipated.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/08/sports/ncaafootball/winning-with-panache-at-north-dakota-state.html?_r=0

BisonFan02
Player reaction pretty scary....looks like the team is going to be all finding out via the media.....holy ****

eaglewraith
Wow this sucks, especially the timing...

That can really hurt.

Paul Johnson to Navy was announced the week of our semifinal game with Furman in 2001. We played really uninspired and lost our first ever home playoff game that weekend.

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Bruce Feldman (https://twitter.com/intent/user?screen_name=BFeldmanCBS) @BFeldmanCBS

#Wyoming (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Wyoming) will announce North Dakota St's Craig Bohl Sunday as its new head coach, per source. He's 40-2 last 3 seasons.

Timing is pretty sh***y...promote Klieman immediately.

Not until Wyoming announces. They have to pay us money that way. If we terminate bohl they don't pay.

eaglewraith
December 7th, 2013, 08:55 PM
I don't buy it...remember the last paragraph in the NYT article a couple of weeks ago?

Bruce Feldman isn't a writer for some podunk newspaper. He's a respected writer for CBSSports. Start calling people you know that are connected.

Skjellyfetti
December 7th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Player reaction pretty scary....looks like the team is going to be all finding out via the media.....holy ****

That's really sad.

Someone ****ed up. Either the report is wrong... or someone leaked to Feldman WAY before Bohl would have wanted it. Bohl does not seem like the kind of guy that would just leave without meeting with his team first and such.

T-Dog
December 7th, 2013, 08:56 PM
Damn. And I thought Mike London did us dirty when he left us for a real job like UVA about an hour after our season ended.

This is incredible.

I was there at that game (App State/Richmond quarters, 2009). Everyone knew he was leaving, minus the one parent I started talking to after the game. I accidentally broke his heart. The team was in the locker room a long time.

Eagle22
December 7th, 2013, 08:57 PM

Hope for the Bison he told them post-game in the locker room if the report is accurate.

How ironic. Prior to our semi-final game vs. Furman in 2001, word leaked out that Paul Johnson was hired by Navy. It affected our players a lot.

hebmskebm
Has a coach ever left his team for another job in the middle of a playoff run before?

Bison56
Classy timing. And Wyoming?xconfusedx

BisonFan02
That's really sad.

Someone ****ed up. Either the report is wrong... or someone leaked to Feldman WAY before Bohl would have wanted it. Bohl does not seem like the kind of guy that would just leave without meeting with his team first and such.

This.....I don't think this was something that was supposed to be out until the season was over but leaked (that, or if it is for Wyo recruiting reasons, things are going to get interesting in Fargo). WTF

eaglewraith
December 7th, 2013, 08:58 PM
I assume Bison faithful know who this guy is?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Bruce Feldman from CBS Sports is reporting that Wyoming will introduce <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NDSU&amp;src=hash">#NDSU</a> HC Craig Bohl as its new head coach tomorrow</p>&mdash; Dom Izzo (@DomIzzoWDAY) <a href="https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/statuses/409513179794771968">December 8, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Wyoming is a dead-end job.

Not much of a move up IMO.

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Hope for the Bison he told them post-game in the locker room if the report is accurate.

How ironic. Prior to our semi-final game vs. Furman in 2001, word leaked out that Paul Johnson was hired by Navy. It affected our players a lot.

Marcus Williams #⃣1⃣ ‏@TheRealMarcWill 17m (https://twitter.com/TheRealMarcWill/status/409513131124076544) Tell me this isn't true

Eagle22
December 7th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Has a coach ever left his team for another job in the middle of a playoff run before?

PJ didn't leave GSU after the announcement leaked out in 2001. He coached that game. I don't believe it affected him a single bit, he called the game like he always did .... it certainly affected the players.

FargoBison

He didn't nor did he say anything in the press conference.

If this is true Klieman needs to be named head coach right away.

Twentysix
He should be making about 900k now.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2013, 09:01 PM
He should be making about 900k now.

That much at Wyoming??

smoothjack
December 7th, 2013, 09:02 PM
Bisonville is down... traffic overload.

FargoBison
December 7th, 2013, 09:02 PM
That much at Wyoming??

They were willing to pay their new coach 1 million plus.

BigHouseClosedEnd
December 7th, 2013, 09:03 PM
I was there at that game (App State/Richmond quarters, 2009). Everyone knew he was leaving, minus the one parent I started talking to after the game. I accidentally broke his heart. The team was in the locker room a long time.

Great game but a pretty humbling day for Richmond fans overall.

Eagle22
December 7th, 2013, 09:04 PM
Marcus Williams #⃣1⃣ ‏@TheRealMarcWill 17m (https://twitter.com/TheRealMarcWill/status/409513131124076544) Tell me this isn't true

I would read that as a "no".

Hmm.

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 09:04 PM
They were willing to pay their new coach 1 million plus.

This could be accurate.

In 2012 their head coach made 850k.

Wyoming is not a BCS bowl autobid, so they owe NDSU money by hiring him. (technically bohl owes NDSU the money, but I am sure he made wyoming pay it.)

Hammersmith
December 7th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Bisonville is down... traffic overload.

Not down, but limping.

knucklehead
December 7th, 2013, 09:05 PM
Wow, With a chance to win...again? If he leaves, how do you NDSU guys think the team handles it the rest of the way? Maybe he's leaving cause he's scared of Moglia and the beach Chickens. HAHA

BisonBohl
December 7th, 2013, 09:06 PM
This isnt a joke, its happening and it sucks. I am so pissed off right now!

I dont blame a coach for leaving that his choice but damn the timing and blindsiding this whole program is total dick move. Hope that check was big enough...just sick.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 7th, 2013, 09:07 PM
Wyoming? ROFL you cant make up something more retarded. Voteban.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

This thread is going to be pure comedy gold with all the posts like this. xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2013, 09:08 PM
This whole thing smells. I don't know of any Wyoming connection to make it attractive to Bohl. Money can't be that much better. Players unaware even though I'm sure he gave a postage speech. Doesn't make sense at all but it is possible that someone spilled the beans. Bohl just seems to be too much of a stand up guy to end it like this.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 7th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Wyoming is a s***house job that can set back careers, but I don't suppose Bohl is planning on coaching for a whole lot longer.

FargoBison
December 7th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Fargo reporters still working on getting confirmation. Still can't believe Bohl wouldn't have informed somebody....not the players....not AD...it just doesn't seem right.

BisonBacker
December 7th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Well he sure sounded like he was planning on taking something only if it was a bigger/better opportunity. Can't see that Wyoming is better at all.

Bisonator
December 7th, 2013, 09:10 PM
I think the team will be OK. Yes the timing certainly sucks but we are a senior laden team and I don't think they will allow this to distract them from a shot at the 3peat. I hope not anyway.:(

gregatim
December 7th, 2013, 09:11 PM
This isnt a joke, its happening and it sucks. I am so pissed off right now!

I dont blame a coach for leaving that his choice but damn the timing and blindsiding this whole program is total dick move. Hope that check was big enough...just sick.

And with that he's ****ed for recruiting. Every other coach will use that against him. He's just at Wyoming until something better comes along is a line that will be used over and over and over. I hope he goes winless in the hell hole that is Wyoming!! Call me bitter, I don't care. This is a ****ty thing to do to your players! They deserved better from him.

eaglewraith
December 7th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Fargo reporters still working on getting confirmation. Still can't believe Bohl wouldn't have informed somebody....not the players....not AD...it just doesn't seem right.

It could be that someone spoke to someone they shouldn't have and let the information get out, not that Bohl didn't plan on taking care of this like the stand up guy he appears to be. People leaking information have a tendency to throw things into a tizzy with their impatience.

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 09:12 PM
And with that he's ****ed for recruiting. Every other coach will use that against him. He's just at Wyoming until something better comes along is a line that will be used over and over and over. I hope he goes winless in the hell hole that is Wyoming!! Call me bitter, I don't care. This is a ****ty thing to do to your players! They deserved better from him.

Eh. I'm sure hes thinking of his family. Thats a little harsh. Even if Wyo fires him in 2 years, he will make more than a decade of salary if he had stayed at NDSU.

LehighU11
Wyoming is a s***house job that can set back careers, but I don't suppose Bohl is planning on coaching for a whole lot longer.

Yeah, a couple seasons at Wyoming could put Bohl back down at a lesser FCS program than NDSU. Might end up like Turner Gill jumping from Buffalo to Kansas to Liberty.

FargoBison
I will only say this...if Bohl leaves Klieman will be a great HC. I've always had him pegged as NDSU's next head coach and the players seem to really love him.

Red & Black
December 7th, 2013, 09:13 PM

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/08/sports/ncaafootball/winning-with-panache-at-north-dakota-state.html?_r=0

To be fair, I wouldn't really consider Wyoming the "big time". This is a strange move, if true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

marenlee
December 7th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Not only am I worried for the rest of this playoff run, but also this great recruiting class we had going.

Bisonwinagn
Still rumors as far as we know. There's no way Bohl would have announced this until after the playoffs if it were true.

FCS_pwns_FBS
Yeah, a couple seasons at Wyoming could put Bohl back down at a lesser FCS program than NDSU. Might end up like Turner Gill jumping from Buffalo to Kansas to Liberty.

Think Joe Glenn also, no offense to South Dakota.

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2013, 09:15 PM
So, is there any other Bohl that coaches? :-)

Sent from my XT1053 using Tapatalk

ngineer
December 7th, 2013, 09:16 PM
I agree with the Boise angle. Wyoming has nothing going for it but its colors! (;-)

F'N Hawks
December 7th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Still rumors as far as we know. There's no way Bohl would have announced this until after the playoffs if it were true.

One word: Recruiting.

Eaglesrus
December 7th, 2013, 09:17 PM
If true it will also be interesting to see how much of his current staff he takes with him.

eaglewraith
December 7th, 2013, 09:18 PM

The problem with that line of thinking is that if you're in the title game, you're finishing up less than a month before signing day. You're also in a quiet period there too, so you have very little time to talk to recruits ahead of signing day.

If he is taking the job, it would have to come out before too much longer. He couldn't punish himself at Wyoming by letting it go that long.

Bisonwinagn
December 7th, 2013, 09:19 PM
It could be that someone spoke to someone they shouldn't have and let the information get out, not that Bohl didn't plan on taking care of this like the stand up guy he appears to be. People leaking information have a tendency to throw things into a tizzy with their impatience.

If true and someone leaked it Bohl should to the right thing and back out on the offer. Can't allow someone to leak this.

BEAR
December 7th, 2013, 09:20 PM
It was jus a matter of time. He was succesful at NDSU. He's due for more money..if not prestige. Time to reload Bison.

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 09:21 PM
If true it will also be interesting to see how much of his current staff he takes with him.

None! :p

clenz
If true and someone leaked it Bohl should to the right thing and back out on the offer. Can't allow someone to leak this.

What the **** are you talking about? Back out of a deal because someone else said something?

I know you want to keep your coach but what the ****?

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

IBleedYellow
Well, time to drink. A lot.

F'N Hawks

Yah that makes total sense. xrolleyesx

mmiller_34
Bisonville not loading for me. Must be down from traffic.

clenz
Although I am instantly thinking back to the thousands of posts on here saying Bohl wouldn't EVER leave NDSU....EVER

SumItUp
December 7th, 2013, 09:22 PM
Wow, you can't make this stuff up.

I can't keep up. Every time I read a page of this thread, two more pages are added.

Eaglesrus

Yeah, that would be nice, but I wouldn't count on it.

Eagle22
I think the team will be OK. Yes the timing certainly sucks but we are a senior laden team and I don't think they will allow this to distract them from a shot at the 3peat. I hope not anyway.:(

Unless he takes a ton of coaches with him ?

Money talks.

We know. We lost a good one in 2001 under similar circumstances.

Twentysix
What the **** are you talking about? Back out of a deal because someone else said something?

Yeah that is bonkers logic.

eaglewraith

lolwut

When you have more than one person included in something, your chances of a leak increase exponentially. Only in magical fairy land does someone do like you said. That's just not how things work.

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Although I am instantly thinking back to the thousands of posts on here saying Bohl wouldn't EVER leave NDSU....EVER

Stay classy clenz.

Twentysix

Shut up Clenz. It hasn't happened yet. :p

BisonBacker
I expected him to leave but for a better job than Wyoming.

da_Bison
What makes NO SENSE at all and shows ZERO integrity if true is the tweet from Feldman said Wyoming to announce tomorrow? Bohl had to of know this and if true most definitely should have called a team meeting and told the team....Unfricken believable

FargoBison
December 7th, 2013, 09:24 PM
NDSU's official comment right now....is no comment.

https://twitter.com/JamalSpencerVNL/status/409520137482420225

Hammersmith
December 7th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Bisonville not loading for me. Must be down from traffic.

Still up, but really really slow. Had almost 900 users last time I saw the front page. Might actually break the record of 1200 set when the site was hit by a bunch of bots.

centennial
December 7th, 2013, 09:25 PM
Lets wait for some confirmation, he might well be gone. I don't understand why he would leave in the middle of the playoff run.
- He said good luck to Boise, when the game announcer talked to him few days ago about coaching.
- If true this is extremely classless, he could have waited till the end of the playoffs.

Bisonator
December 7th, 2013, 09:25 PM
What makes NO SENSE at all and shows ZERO integrity if true is the tweet from Feldman said Wyoming to announce tomorrow? Bohl had to of know this and if true most definitely should have called a team meeting and told the team....Unfricken believable

Looking at Wyoming's media, it doesn't look like Bohl is even being mentioned. I'm gonna wait until this is confirmed before I post anymore.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2013, 09:26 PM
This thread is going to be pure comedy gold with all the posts like this. xlolxxlolxxlolxxlolx http://www.championshipsubdivision.com/forums/images/smilies/popcorn.gif

Go troll somewhere else a**hole.

Bisonwinagn

If the athletic department that you are going to can't keep something like this confidential then he should tell them to kindly eff of and back out. Why would he want to be a part of a school that already has a lack of institutional control....Run while you have a chance.

It's his choice if he want's to leave and that's fine, but this should be a large red flag!!!

FargoBison
Lets wait for some confirmation, he might well be gone. I don't understand why he would leave in the middle of the playoff run.
- He said good luck to Boise, when the game announcer talked to him few days ago about coaching.
- If true this is extremely classless, he could have waited till the end of the playoffs.

I still can't believe that he wouldn't tell Gene Taylor right away. If he didn't I've lost a ton of respect for coach Bohl.

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2013, 09:27 PM
This just isn't how Bohl operates. Someone squealed.

CPrice91
Unless he takes a ton of coaches with him ?

Money talks.

We know. We lost a good one in 2001 under similar circumstances.

So what happens if he does take a bunch of staff with him? Can NDSU survive that (in terms of playoff run)?

TennBison

That is my thought as well, if Bohl intended this to come out or knew of it, who is going with him and will they possibly leave with him right now during the playoffs. Only reason to announce it now would be because he is leaving right away, otherwise the announcement would have waited until the end of the playoffs.
The other problem he faces now, even if this is a leaked story that was suppose to wait, is are people going to want him to keep coaching the rest of this year. If it is true, the players might just feel betrayed and not respond well to it, coaches should always go to the AD first and then to the players before the media is involved.

Bison Fan in NW MN

Still beat your a**es next year....again.

F'N Hawks
Interesting timing for him. I am not saying he is a bad guy overall, but you guys have to admit that not telling the team and making the move at this time of the season is pretty shady. No? Says a bit about character to me. Not everything, but a bit.

clenz
Stay classy clenz.

What about that was classless m there have literally been thousands saying he would never leave....

Twentysix
So what happens if he does take a bunch of staff with him? Can NDSU survive that (in terms of playoff run)?

Maybe of Grant Olson becomes interm DC lol :p

Bisonator
December 7th, 2013, 09:29 PM
I just can't see Bohl taking the Wyoming job. I also can't see him not telling the team and Gene Taylor after the game today if it's true. This just doesn't pass the smell test.

Screamin_Eagle174
December 7th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Go troll somewhere else a**hole.
Why, when this pool is deep with fish!? :D

Seriously though, if this is true, complete dick move by Bohl. I couldn't ever imagine Baldwin leaving in the middle of a playoff run to take another job, if he ever did.

Mr. C
December 7th, 2013, 09:30 PM
This writer actually asked Mike London about leaving for Virginia in the press conference after the loss to App State. He didn't give us a true answer about it.

clenz
If the athletic department that you are going to can't keep something like this confidential then he should tell them to kindly eff of and back out. Why would he want to be a part of a school that already has a lack of institutional control....Run while you have a chance.

It's his choice if he want's to leave and that's fine, but this should be a large red flag!!!

Lolwut?

Dude...what are you smoking? I'll pm you me address because it's clearly some trippy ****

eaglewraith
Interesting timing for him. I am not saying he is a bad guy overall, but you guys have to admit that not telling the team and making the move at this time of the season is pretty shady. No? Says a bit about character to me. Not everything, but a bit.

Um, this is the time of year you hire a new coach. He has to get a staff in place and get recruits lined up. All of that can't wait until after the end of national championship game. That's way too late.

Speaks nothing to character at all.

Bison Fan in NW MN
What about that was classless m there have literally been thousands saying he would never leave....

WTF are you talking about?

Bison fans saying he is not going to leave is not 'classless'.....classless is you trolling your bull**it in this thread.

marenlee
December 7th, 2013, 09:31 PM
Why, when this pool is deep with fish!? :D

Seriously though, if this is true, complete dick move by Bohl. I couldn't ever imagine Baldwin leaving in the middle of a playoff run to take another job, if he ever did.
Well guess what most of us Bison fans thought? No one is safe.

clenz

That would be my concern. Easy to say Make coack K hc, but what if he goes? What if most of the staff go along...what does ndsu do?

Mr. C
It didn't work so well when Joe Glenn left Montana for Wyoming. I can't imagine Craig Bohl making a similar mistake. That is career killer job.

ngineer
December 7th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Um, this is the time of year you hire a new coach. He has to get a staff in place and get recruits lined up. All of that can't wait until after the end of national championship game. That's way too late.

Speaks nothing to character at all.

Unfortunately, that is business and true. A lot of prime recruiting time right now. I still find it hard to think he's want the Wyoming job. Seems to me he could get something better.

Hammerhead
December 7th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Jeez, our backup QB isn't that bad that Bohl want to cut and run, is he?

As for the timing, is there ever a good time for a head coach to announce that he's leaving?

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 09:33 PM

Bison fans saying he is not going to leave is not 'classless'.....classless is you trolling your bull**it in this thread.

That isn't what clenz was saying, you should take a step back and re-read it lol.

Red & Black
December 7th, 2013, 09:34 PM

Kinda a ****ty attitude, no? Yeah, the timing is bad, but look what the dude's done for your football program and University.

BisonFan02
Brock Jensen ‏@BrockJensen1 26m (https://twitter.com/BrockJensen1/status/409519504524197888) Please say this a joke......

Screamin_Eagle174

http://www.troll.me/images/buzz/butthurt-butthurt-everywhere.jpg

Eaglesrus
I just can't see Bohl taking the Wyoming job. I also can't see him not telling the team and Gene Taylor after the game today if it's true. This just doesn't pass the smell test.

I think we all understood why Paul Johnson left us for Navy, but had the same feelings as Bison fans about the timing. But, just as being said here, there was supposedly an agreement that it wouldn't be announced until the season was over. Hard to keep such things a secret.

JSUBison
That would be my concern. Easy to say Make coack K hc, but what if he goes? What if most of the staff go along...what does ndsu do?

Rocky ****ing Hager.

FargoBison
He's gone....

Really happy for Coach, love that man with all my heart... Sad it had to get leaked like this, doubt he wanted it to happen like it is

https://twitter.com/BrockJensen1/status/409525501774934016

centennial
December 7th, 2013, 09:35 PM

As for the timing, is there ever a good time for a head coach to announce that he's leaving?
Yes, he can leave after the season is done.. not during a playoff run.

Twentysix
https://twitter.com/BrockJensen1/status/409525501774934016

sounds like Brock was just told by Bohl.

SIUSalukiFan
Alabama's gonna be mighty pissed at this news.

GSU Eagle
I know this stings, Bison faithful. We at Ga. Southern have gone through it also. I figured Bohl was moving onto many a team's radar with his success at NDSU. I too am surprised it is Wyoming. I thought he would be much better than that.

If this is already out I doubt Bohl can continue coaching at NDSU. I see him off to Wyoming shortly to recruit.

LehighU11
December 7th, 2013, 09:36 PM
Maybe Wyoming is moving to the Big XII...

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2013, 09:37 PM
Brock Jensen ‏@BrockJensen1 5m (https://twitter.com/BrockJensen1/status/409525501774934016) Really happy for Coach, love that man with all my heart... Sad it had to get leaked like this, doubt he wanted it to happen like it is.

I'm done looking into this. To say I'm angry would be an understatement.

knucklehead
I know this is not a lateral move..........

It's a downward spiral.

I still say he's scared of ccu.

Bisonator
****ing Wyoming? Seriously? WTF!xsmhx

Bison56
Earlier this week he was asked about the Wyoming job and he said he wasnt interested. At least that was what was reported yesterday on the Cowboy Chronicle.

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 09:38 PM
Brock Jensen ‏@BrockJensen1 5m (https://twitter.com/BrockJensen1/status/409525501774934016) Really happy for Coach, love that man with all my heart... Sad it had to get leaked like this, doubt he wanted it to happen like it is.

Meh, his families welfare is more important to him than what fans think of him, that is commendible if you ask me.

marenlee
Maybe Wyoming is moving to the Big XII...
xlolxxlolxxthumbsupx

JayJ79
Wyoming, eh?

Hammerhead
I guess LakesBison was right. :) NDSU should have been working to get in the MWC -- Bohl is going there without us.

GSU Eagle
December 7th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Reality is money talks. I don't know how much he was making at NDSU--- I am guessing $250,000 at the most. Wyoming supposedly pays $900,000 to $1 million.

Twentysix
Maybe he is going to steal all the Nebraska kids to Wyo, ala Tim Miles and CSU.

CPrice91

So I take it the next question going through my head "Any chance he stays on to coach the rest of the playoffs?" is off the table...

clenz
Unfortunately, that is business and true. A lot of prime recruiting time right now. I still find it hard to think he's want the Wyoming job. Seems to me he could get something better.

My way of looking at it if true...

prime recruiting time...get a jump with s new coach compared to others.

For Bohl maybe he wanted a lower stress job than Boise in terms of expectations but wanted a fbs job.

Bohl is up there in age. Maybe he is looking from a retirement standpoint that this next stop is his last. I don't know if he hunts, fishes, is the outdoor type but if he is maybe he sees this as a great landing spot for after coaching as well...

I have no idea

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 09:40 PM
Reality is money talks. I don't know how much he was making at NDSU--- I am guessing $250,000 at the most. Wyoming supposedly pays $900,000 to $1 million.

206k base. 300+ with a natty.

SumItUp

There is nothing in that quote that would be a Wyoming denial. Actually, it looks like a crafty way to leave the door open for a move to Wyoming.

eaglewraith
Private flight on a 7 seat private plane scheduled at 0811 from Fargo to Cheyenne tomorrow.

CharlotteBiSoN
From Brock Jensen's twitter account: https://twitter.com/BrockJensen1

Brock Jensen ‏@BrockJensen1 (https://twitter.com/BrockJensen1) 9m (https://twitter.com/BrockJensen1/status/409525501774934016) Really happy for Coach, love that man with all my heart... Sad it had to get leaked like this, doubt he wanted it to happen like it is.

FargoBison
December 7th, 2013, 09:41 PM

About $340-400k is what NDSU is paying him. Still basically triples his salary.

BisonFan02
So I take it the next question going through my head "Any chance he stays on to coach the rest of the playoffs?" is off the table...

Zero chance. Someone will have to coach as an interim at least. Bohl will be recruiting for Wyo.

IBleedYellow
You guys need to just remember that Coach Bohl didn't want this out and some pig at Wyoming squealed.

Eagle22

Yep... when he's retiring.

Otherwise, it pretty much stinks if it is a coach you want to keep.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 7th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Did the Bisonville server crash?

Professor Chaos
Someone is incredibly chicken **** in this whole thing. Whether its Bohl for not telling his team before they found out via social media or someone at Wyoming for leaking it before Bohl wanted it out there. I wish him the best of luck but this is an incredible gut punch to everyone who's a fan of NDSU football the way this went down.

BisonFan02
You guys need to just remember that Coach Bohl didn't want this out and some pig at Wyoming squealed.

Not till tomorrow. Sounds like Bohl will be there tomorrow for an announcement. Likely would have been talking to players tonight by the looks of it.

jmrepak
206k base. 300+ with a natty.
I'm really surprised that's all he was making with his success and your fan base. I would have figured double that. CCCu's coach (even the one before our current 9-figure man) make that.

IBleedYellow

Yes.

FargoBison
December 7th, 2013, 09:43 PM

Sounds like he didn't tell GT...I don't really care about what he wanted if that is true.

Screamin_Eagle174
Well guess what most of us Bison fans thought? No one is safe.

True, but Coach Baldwin met his wife at EWU, and their kids have lived there their entire lives. Baldwin is one of the classiest coaches around, and I'm not saying that because I'm an EWU fan. I could totally understand him moving on to a better job, but I'd bet a lot of money he wouldn't do so while EWU's season was still alive.

jacoj21
I just don't understand why he would leave after signing a lengthy contract extension a year ago to go to Wyoming of all places.

I'm skeptical of the Bison during the rest of the playoffs. They are definitely a seasoned, veteran team, but this type of news is too big for it not to impact the mentality of the players. I wish the best for Bohl, and I hope he can turn Wyoming around.

Southern Bison

If my future employer did that **** to me while still at my current job, I'd tell my future employer that I'm staying put thanks to that dick move!

gregatim
December 7th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Kinda a ****ty attitude, no? Yeah, the timing is bad, but look what the dude's done for your football program and University.

Totally a ****ty attitude xblehx. You expected us to be happy? Yes, we have been successful during his tenure, but when he came here, he wasn't getting very many of his calls returned. NDSU has done a lot for him too, so with that, I'm going to have my ****ty attitude and be pissed, childish, and vindictive....at least until tomorrow morning. Tomorrow morning I'll move on with life. Until then, I'm going to punish a bottle of Sobieski.

centennial
December 7th, 2013, 09:44 PM
Yup Bisonville is down.. server crashed.

marenlee
December 7th, 2013, 09:45 PM
True, but Coach Baldwin met his wife at EWU, and their kids have lived there their entire lives. Baldwin is one of the classiest coaches around, and I'm not saying that because I'm an EWU fan. I could totally understand him moving on to a better job, but I'd bet a lot of money he wouldn't do so while EWU's season was still alive.
Bohl's wife is a Fargoan, his son plays across the river at Moorhead... xdontknowx

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Yup Bisonville is down.. server crashed.

not down but really slow.

FargoBison
December 7th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Fargo media still can't get confirmation and some players aren't getting it either....

Just talked with Bison LB Grant Olson. He said he hasn't heard from Bohl about job status. "I'd be a little bit surprised," he said.

https://twitter.com/MikeMcFeelyKFGO/status/409528372838940674

SIUSalukiFan

Common sense would tell you that but the fact of the matter is this - coaches HAVE to take these jobs in early December or they will lose an entire recruiting class at their new landing spots.

I thought Brian Kelly ****ed Cincinnati big time by bolting to Notre Dame before the Bearcats BCS game a few years ago. Dave Doeren did it to Northern Illinois last year. It's just part of the game these days.

Twentysix
If my future employer did that **** to me while still at my current job, I'd tell my future employer that I'm staying put thanks to that dick move!

If your future employer was triple or quadrupling your salary, you would smile and shut up.

Eagle22
Zero chance. Someone will have to coach as an interim at least. Bohl will be recruiting for Wyo.

Depends on how NDSU deals with him.

PJ began putting things together to go to Navy behind the scenes, but was up front with the AD and also provided input in the succession plan of leaving Mike Sewak (OC) and Rusty Russell (DC) behind. Both of them stayed and duked it out for the head coaching job.

Sam Baker picked Sewak as the head coach and Sewak graciously offered Rusty Russell continued employment as our DC, despite the awkwardness that created.

PJ took all of our other offensive coaches and our strength coach who was an absolutely great S&C guy (Mike Brass). The difference is, we lost to Furman and because at that point the cat was out of the bag there was not a next week to be concerned about.

This can really affect the team (duh), but it will be even more problematic IF he had not been forthright with the NDSU administration AND he takes some coaches to Wyoming with him.

clenz
Someone is incredibly chicken **** in this whole thing. Whether its Bohl for not telling his team before they found out via social media or someone at Wyoming for leaking it before Bohl wanted it out there. I wish him the best of luck but this is an incredible gut punch to everyone who's a fan of NDSU football the way this went down.

Everyone involved its chicken ****...no doubt.

Bohl for trying to hide it and whoever leaked it

JayJ79
December 7th, 2013, 09:47 PM

ask Missouri State fans....

Bison56
December 7th, 2013, 09:48 PM
So what wil happen to the recruits? It looked like a good bunch so far.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2013, 09:49 PM
It will be interesting to see who is interim coach now....

JSUBison
December 7th, 2013, 09:49 PM

When was he going to tell the players if he is to be announced tomorrow? Was he going to mass text them at 9am tomorrow and tell them to check out bisonville or espn?

Eagle22
December 7th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Let's get one thing straight ... if there is a presser scheduled tomorrow, then talk of a 'leak' is just semantics.

centennial
Everyone involved its chicken ****...no doubt.

Bohl for trying to hide it and whoever leaked it

Especially if the WYO administration leaked him not interested bit to throw us off. If he hasn't been forth coming, I could see him take coaches with him..

IBleedYellow
So what wil happen to the recruits? It looked like a good bunch so far.

Easton Stick and company are tweeting how things change fast...

clenz
That isn't what clenz was saying, you should take a step back and re-read it lol.

This...

Sader87
December 7th, 2013, 09:51 PM
I'm more flabbergasted that the Wyoming HC makes around $1M than anything else about this....xrotatehx

JayJ79
December 7th, 2013, 09:51 PM
I just don't understand why he would leave after signing a lengthy contract extension a year ago to go to Wyoming of all places.

does the contract extension mean that NDSU gets paid more from Wyoming as part of buying out his (recently extended) contract?
(I don't know how this sort of stuff works).
if that is the case, and he did figure in the back of his mind, that he had a good chance of taking another job, he signed the extension in order to get NDSU a bigger payday. I dunno.

stevdock
December 7th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Coaches show should be an interesting one in the morning. Definitely don't want to miss this one.

FargoBison
December 7th, 2013, 09:52 PM
I'm more flabbergasted that the Wyoming HC makes around $1M than anything else about this....xrotatehx

People at Wyo are saying Bohl will get $1.5-2 million, access to a private plane and his assistants will be getting a huge pay increase over what the previous staff was getting.

gregatim
December 7th, 2013, 09:53 PM
Coaches show should be an interesting one in the morning. Definitely don't want to miss this one.

If he is in Wyoming for announcement, what coaches show?

eaglewraith

Is it taped immediately following post game or is it live?

If he's flying to a presser at 0811, doubt there'll be a live coaching show with Coach Bohl on it.

FargoBison

If he is gone it won't be the Craig Bohl show.....

knucklehead
December 7th, 2013, 09:54 PM
How on earth can I read this thread this fast? Pace yourselves guys.

robsnotes4u

How do you know he hasn't told Gene Taylor?

marenlee
I think I'm more worried about him taking all the assistants and recruits he can with him to Wyoming.

FargoBison
December 7th, 2013, 09:56 PM
How do you know he hasn't told Gene Taylor?

Because media has reported GT didn't know as of after today's game.

IBleedYellow
Please let us keep Kleinman.

clenz
does the contract extension mean that NDSU gets paid more from Wyoming as part of buying out his (recently extended) contract?
(I don't know how this sort of stuff works).
if that is the case, and he did figure in the back of his mind, that he had a good chance of taking another job, he signed the extension in order to get NDSU a bigger payday. I dunno.

A lot of times extensions are for things like bigger buy out, more money for assistants, different travel arrangements,etc... not as a "I'm never leaving" type thing.

Coaches are hired to be fired...it's a business. Coaches aren't fans of the programs they are at, they have a deep connection with the players but not the same connection as the fans.

I'll tell you right now that if someone offered me 3 or 4 times my salary I'd take it before I could blink

DSUrocks07
December 7th, 2013, 09:57 PM
just sighted in Fargo

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/37/Mayflower_moving_truck.JPG

IBleedYellow
Please let us keep Kleinman as Hc. Please please please please

TennBison
I would not hold my breath for Bohl to be on that show, likely going to be done by the OC or DC, the whole show is going to be a mess with everyone thinking about him leaving.

FargoBison

I'm sure he would take the HC job if offered.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2013, 09:58 PM
I think I'm more worried about him taking all the assistants and recruits he can with him to Wyoming.

Going to be interesting the next few days....or even tomorrow.

clenz
Because media has reported GT didn't know as of after today's game.

It'd believe that as much as I believe ad and owners who give the vote of confidence to struggling coaches

F'N Hawks
My guess is Klieman is gone and Vigen takes over as Interim HC.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2013, 09:59 PM
I'm sure he would take the HC job if offered.

This here.

He would be a good HC.

clenz
December 7th, 2013, 09:59 PM

If the assistants stay I think ndsu is fine..if he takes most of them....well...player coaches I guess. How do you prep and study film?

JayJ79
December 7th, 2013, 10:01 PM

he already has a prior history of jumping ship

stevdock
December 7th, 2013, 10:02 PM
I would guess Vigen takes over as Interm HC and OC. Nobody knows the defense as well as Grant Olson, this may become something weird like that if Bohl takes quite a few assistants. We do have a number of former Bison players as assistants now so who knows how many would go with.

Red & Black
Totally a ****ty attitude xblehx. You expected us to be happy? Yes, we have been successful during his tenure, but when he came here, he wasn't getting very many of his calls returned. NDSU has done a lot for him too, so with that, I'm going to have my ****ty attitude and be pissed, childish, and vindictive....at least until tomorrow morning. Tomorrow morning I'll move on with life. Until then, I'm going to punish a bottle of Sobieski.

Fair enough. Things change quickly and I'd be fairly pissed off if Baldwin left, too. At the same time, I think I'd still be grateful for everything he's done for our program.

But yeah, I'd still be pissed...

SumItUp

That's a legitimate concern for any team that has a coach moving up.

Red & Black
December 7th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Has this actually been confirmed by any other source? People getting ahead if themselves?

Southern Bison
December 7th, 2013, 10:03 PM
If your future employer was triple or quadrupling your salary, you would smile and shut up.

Don't care because money isn't everything...if I can already live comfortably and my family is nearby and a prospective employer pulls that ****ty of a move, then thanks but no thanks.

FargoBison
December 7th, 2013, 10:04 PM
It'd believe that as much as I believe ad and owners who give the vote of confidence to struggling coaches

If Taylor would have known...the players would have been told.

FargoBison
December 7th, 2013, 10:05 PM
Has this actually been confirmed by any ither source? People getting ahead if themselves?

No confirmation as of now from NDSU, the Fargo media or Wyoming's SID.

knucklehead
December 7th, 2013, 10:05 PM
That's a legitimate concern for any team that has a coach moving up.
Especially now in the playoffs and on the cusp of bigtime recruiting push.

uofmman1122
December 7th, 2013, 10:06 PM
God damnit...

If only we had won today.

This is just about the best thing that could have happened for CCU. xlolx

centennial
Has this actually been confirmed by any ither source? People getting ahead if themselves?

By CBS only as of now, local fargo media doesn't know anything. Neither does the AD. Brock Jensen tweeted good luck to Bohl but hasn't confirmed if coach told him. So we don't know anything concrete yet.

gregatim
Fair enough. Things change quickly and I'd be fairly pissed off if Baldwin left, too. At the same time, I think I'd still be grateful for everything he's done for our program.

But yeah, I'd still be pissed...

In due time, in due time. Grateful/acceptance is the last stage of grieving no?

clenz
No confirmation as of now from NDSU, the Fargo media or Wyoming's SID.

This time of night there won't be.

However, this isn't local Joe Schmuck writing trying to get hits, mentions, etc... throwing it out there. It's some of the biggest and most respected guys

MTfan4life
December 7th, 2013, 10:07 PM
I like reading the early posts of this thread of all the people saying "There's no way Bohl would go there!!!"

Distrust is a funny thing sometimes when it backfires on you.

da_Bison
December 7th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Don't care because money isn't everything...if I can already live comfortably and my family is nearby and a prospective employer pulls that ****ty of a move, then thanks but no thanks.
amen.
****ty move to the players, city and Bison Football because we will lose a good part of our verbals, check Easton Sticks twitter

centennial
December 7th, 2013, 10:10 PM
This time of night there won't be.

However, this isn't local Joe Schmuck writing trying to get hits, mentions, etc... throwing it out there. It's some of the biggest and most respected guys

If he is wrong expect Bruce Feldman to have to close down his twitter and facebook. He will get trolled hard for months..
Edit: Some guy on bisonville says rumor is that he is trying to take all the coaches..

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Dickinson Press tweeted that Wyoming is moving to the BigXII.

Could help explain how Bohl was sold on the move.

https://twitter.com/monkebusiness

Hammersmith
December 7th, 2013, 10:11 PM
Has this actually been confirmed by any other source? People getting ahead if themselves?

No confirmation, but a whole lot of silence from people who would be talking if it were false. Also, there's a private flight scheduled for 8am from Fargo to Cheyenne. That speaks volumes to me.

clenz
December 7th, 2013, 10:12 PM
Wyoming confirms 6pm central presser for tomorrow

Hammersmith

Wonder if that's from a good source, or if it's something garbled from something McFeely was speculating on.

Red & Black

That one's a stretch, I think. I have always thought Wyoming/CSU/Air Force were tied at the hip. Just don't see that happening.

JayJ79
December 7th, 2013, 10:13 PM
people here not only obsess over college students, but follow the tweets of high school students and track down flight plans.
yikes.

Ginsbach

What? He says it's rumored that they are heading to the Big 12, not that they're moving to the Big 12.

Twentysix
Wonder if that's from a good source, or if it's something garbled from something McFeely was speculating on.

My first guess was that the Dickinsonpress was so clueless they thought Wyo was in the Big 12. But idk. It sure would explain bohl leaving a little more.

CPrice91
December 7th, 2013, 10:14 PM

Dang, Big 12 must be getting desperate...

Wonder who the 12th team would be?

Skjellyfetti
December 7th, 2013, 10:14 PM

Wow.

This just get crazier. What the hell does Wyoming offer the Big XXII?

I understand the desire for championship game...... But, Wyoming?!

TennBison
December 7th, 2013, 10:16 PM
I understand Bohl moving on to another school. But doing so like this is just a ****ty move. Right in the middle of the playoffs and without being up front about it. Bohl should have been the one announcing this move. I don't give a **** if it was leaked, because he should have told the powers above him at NDSU that it was happening to begin with. For all the class he has shown and the good things he has done, this is a low way to leave the program, this whole process stinks of deceit all around. Both on Bohl for not saying anything, and Wyoming for (almost 100% sure) leaking it.

clenz
December 7th, 2013, 10:16 PM
If he is wrong expect Bruce Feldman to have to close down his twitter and facebook. He will get trolled hard for months..
Edit: Some guy on bisonville says rumor is that he is trying to take all the coaches..

As he should...good assistants make good head coaches.

So again, what happens if he takes even half of them? I have to believe all of the top assistants are going

Bisonwinagn
December 7th, 2013, 10:18 PM
Seeing now Wyoming may be going to the Big 12. NDSU has called a team meeting tomorrow.

Hammersmith
December 7th, 2013, 10:19 PM
My first guess was that the Dickinsonpress was so clueless they thought Wyo was in the Big 12. But idk. It sure would explain bohl leaving a little more.

Earlier tonight, McFeeley was speculating on why Bohl might take the Wyo job. He mentioned that Wyo might have Big12 aspirations. Dickinson Press is a FourmComm paper and may have gotten things muddled. I'm going to take any talk like this with a giant grain of salt until someone reputable reports it.

FargoBison
December 7th, 2013, 10:19 PM
As he should...good assistants make good head coaches.

So again, what happens if he takes even half of them? I have to believe all of the top assistants are going

I still think Vigen or Klieman take the HC job if offered.

Bohl has also lost some very good assistants that he couldn't afford to keep around, he might try to get them back.

NoDak 4 Ever
December 7th, 2013, 10:20 PM
What about Scottie Hazelton? Gotta be a move up from Nevada DC.

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 7th, 2013, 10:20 PM

If I'm one of the assistant coaches at NDSU, there's no way I would want to go coach for Wyoming in their first season in the Big XII. The Big XII hasn't been that great but winning with Wyoming in that conference is going to be really hard. If I'm Klieman I am definitely trying to make my case to be the next HC. No brainer.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2013, 10:21 PM

Bohl has also lost some very good assistants that he couldn't afford to keep around, he might try to get them back.

Caruso?
Polasek?

Bison56
If it wasnt true why wouldnt they just come out and say it?

Texas
It was crazy to think Bohl would stay around forever, I'm sure he got offered something he couldn't turn down.
Just a shame about the "leak", I would be pretty sad if Fritz was stolen(which is just a matter of time) much less in the middle of the playoffs.
Obviously a Wyoming leak to get recruits to switch commitments.

clenz

Realistically, since I don't know the staff there, how many coaches/who could NDSU lose and still be okay?

If Bohl is trying to take all of them I have to assume he gets at least 1/4 to half of them....unless they ate as blindsided and pissed as the fans

Bisonwinagn
December 7th, 2013, 10:22 PM
I think they should go after Gus Bradley!!!

centennial
Scottie did what bohl wanted.. his leaving actually made us slightly better, I don't expect him to move.

Bison Fan in NW MN
If it wasnt true why wouldnt they just come out and say it?

Wait for the Wyo press conference?

IDK....is this what coaches/ADs do?

FargoBison
Caruso?
Polasek?

Enos, Hazelton..heck when Solich got the Ohio job he took multiple coaches from Bohl.

SeattleGriz
Welcome to the bigs Bitches.

See how well you do having a new coach every three years on average.

TennBison
December 7th, 2013, 10:23 PM
Or I'll go one better, how about Gus Bradley, for sure it is a move up from Jacksonville.

centennial
December 7th, 2013, 10:23 PM
It was crazy to think Bohl would stay around forever, I'm sure he got offered something he couldn't turn down.
Just a shame about the "leak", I would be pretty sad if Fritz was stolen(which is just a matter of time) much less in the middle of the playoffs.
Obviously a Wyoming leak to get recruits to switch commitments.
Wyoming might make a play at NDSU recruits.. this would not surprise me one bit. Bohl might not want it but it works for Wyoming.

Skjellyfetti
December 7th, 2013, 10:24 PM
If Bohl doesn't think he's bringing many assistants with him, he's really on more of a career suicide mission than it seems.

Hambone
December 7th, 2013, 10:24 PM
I would believe that with how he has hung his hat as a defensive team that Klieman would be going with him, unless of course he takes Hazelton. But I believe Klieman would be going with him and Vigen will be interim HC.

clenz
December 7th, 2013, 10:25 PM
Wait for the Wyo press conference?

IDK....is this what coaches/ADs do?

The behind the scene moving?

Yes.

Coaches don't interview. ADs sung call coaches. The coaches have runners who have runners with burner phones out the ass to do all of this so there is no paper trail if no deal gets done and its hard to prove tapering.....it's also why **** gets leaked.

gumby013
If the Mountain West is being raided by the Big 12, that means there will be Mountain West slots open.

/speculation

Drblankstare
It's not the move that angers me, it's the timing

FargoBison
December 7th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Realistically, since I don't know the staff there, how many coaches/who could NDSU lose and still be okay?

If Bohl is trying to take all of them I have to assume he gets at least 1/4 to half of them....unless they ate as blindsided and pissed as the fans

A few coaches have very deep NDSU connections, they are probably more connected to the program than to Bohl. I will say I think NDSU either names Klieman our HC or we lose him.

clenz
December 7th, 2013, 10:26 PM
Wyoming might make a play at NDSU recruits.. this would not surprise me one bit. Bohl might not want it but it works for Wyoming.

I read somewhere that Wyoming said that Bohl beat them out on dune recruits they wanted and viewed bringing him in ad a way right grab them back, and in the future

knucklehead
December 7th, 2013, 10:27 PM
Look, I have no issue with Bohl moving on, I hate the timing for the team and for the program. If a lot of the staff leaves mid playoffs too, that's a joke.

Bisonator
December 7th, 2013, 10:27 PM
I would think Vigen stays. He is Bison. Klieman probably goes but you never know. Let's just wait and see.

SIUSalukiFan
December 7th, 2013, 10:28 PM
I read somewhere that Wyoming said that Bohl beat them out on dune recruits they wanted and viewed bringing him in ad a way right grab them back, and in the future

Jordan Lynch committed to Southern Illinois then went with Jerry Kill to Northern Illinois.

darell1976
December 7th, 2013, 10:29 PM
UND plays Wyoming in 2015 so we will see what Bohl does against our new coach. Bohl could make the Cowboys a huge threat in the MW, maybe the next Boise St.

IBleedYellow

It's the way it happened for me. Bohl was always so classy and this is how it happens. Not under his terms by someone leaking.

eaglewraith

What would you do differently?

FargoBison
December 7th, 2013, 10:30 PM
I would think Vigen stays. He is Bison. Klieman probably goes but you never know. Let's just wait and see.

I bet Klieman wants to be a Head Coach. I think he takes the job the second it is offered.

He could lead the team to a national title and probably get a great salary since he would have all the leverage.

stevdock
December 7th, 2013, 10:30 PM

We've got a core group of assistants that are NDSU former players. I'd be shocked if some of them would go with. We do have at least a few assistants with no ties at all, including Klieman whom I am assuming is gone.

Bison Fan in NW MN
December 7th, 2013, 10:31 PM
I bet Klieman wants to be a Head Coach. I think he takes the job the second it is offered.

He could lead the team to a national title and probably get a great salary since he would have all the leverage.

Hope this is the case.

What a week this is going to be....xsmhx

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 10:32 PM
In other news SELA comes back to beat SHSU, 36 seconds remain.

centennial
December 7th, 2013, 10:32 PM
Look, I have no issue with Bohl moving on, I hate the timing for the team and for the program. If a lot of the staff leaves mid playoffs too, that's a joke.
We all knew that this day could possibly come, this is from 2006 when we almost beat minnesota to 2007 where we beat the MAC champions(CMU) and minnesota. If he is really trying to steal the coaches and leaves mid playoffs he could set back the program 10 years back to our transition. The whole leaving between playoff sucks, surely there could have been a better way to do it. Probably wouldn't work well if he planned on raiding NDSU of all the coaches..

clenz
December 7th, 2013, 10:33 PM
I think what's most shocking of all this isn't Bohl leaving...it's Wyoming being actively courted by the b12

texcap
Casper paper is now reporting it:

http://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming/north-dakota-state-s-bohl-will-become-wyoming-s-next/article_b8452a01-7adb-508b-b13d-e9696d2ae385.html?comment_form=true

gregatim
It's the way it happened for me. Bohl was always so classy and this is how it happens. Not under his terms by someone leaking.

Thats what happens when you sell your soul, you are no longer working under your terms.