PDA

View Full Version : SHSU at SLU Game Thread

Tubakat2014
December 7th, 2013, 07:20 PM
Bearkats up 14-0.

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 07:21 PM
It isn't looking good for SELA so far. SHSU moving the ball really easily and has a pick 6 already.

Tubakat2014
December 7th, 2013, 07:24 PM
It isn't looking good for SELA so far. SHSU moving the ball really easily and has a pick 6 already.

I'm insanely happy about this so far... Bennett is one heck of a QB though, so I'm trying to remain calm!

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Picked SHSU to win this one...but the first team to show some sort of D will win.

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 07:40 PM
Wow. Huge turnover infavor of SHSU.

SLU muffs a punt recovery. SHSU ball on the 3?

Should be 21-7 in a second.

Red & Black
December 7th, 2013, 07:40 PM
What a dumb play. Why try and get that ball?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

fmrbearkat
December 7th, 2013, 07:43 PM

It went off his fingertips when he tried to catch it on the fly.

Tubakat2014
December 7th, 2013, 07:44 PM

To get a sure spot in the ESPN Not Top 10...

Red & Black
December 7th, 2013, 07:44 PM
It went off his fingertips when he tried to catch it on the fly.

Oh, ok. Weird play for sure.

BEAR
December 7th, 2013, 07:46 PM
The Lions turn it on in the second half in the games I've seen.

fmrbearkat
December 7th, 2013, 07:48 PM

Or with 2 min to go in the 2nd qtr :(! If the Kats are playing their normal game we can get too far out for it to matter.

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Could NDSU end up being the only seeded team to survive in the top half of the bracket? I have to believe Sam goes back home next week if they win this one bidding against UNH.

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2013, 07:50 PM

Yes sir

BisonFan02
December 7th, 2013, 07:53 PM
That wasn't a backwards pass? interesting.

centennial
December 7th, 2013, 08:01 PM
The mist is taking out the throwing game, this favors SHSU.

FormerPokeCenter
December 7th, 2013, 08:09 PM
It's hard for me to cheer for either team. Large sections of the online fan bases of both are pretty annoying, but for entirely different reasons ;)

centennial
December 7th, 2013, 08:12 PM
It's hard for me to cheer for either team. Large sections of the online fan bases of both are pretty annoying, but for entirely different reasons ;)
I am pushing for SELA even though they are a more dangerous opponent for NDSU.

hebmskebm
December 7th, 2013, 08:18 PM
Serious question: How was SELA able to land a big time transfer talent like Bennett? I'm not asking rhetorically. What a huge get for them, that guy is fantastic.

FormerPokeCenter
December 7th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Serious question: How was SELA able to land a big time transfer talent like Bennett? I'm not asking rhetorically. What a huge get for them, that guy is fantastic.

Lots of people have been asking that...I honestly don't know...they picked up a lot of transfers during the off season....

centennial
December 7th, 2013, 08:32 PM
Touchdown SELA.. they are dominating.

BEAR
December 7th, 2013, 08:43 PM

not sure I'm saying this right but one of the coaches at SLU knew him from high school or camps and when he heard Bennett was leaving he talked him into coming there. The impression I got was Bennett was very familiar with SLU already.

- - - Updated - - -

24-21 SLU Halftime.

Lehigh Football Nation
December 7th, 2013, 09:24 PM
Finally, a game worth watching.

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Hammond folk making some noise

BEAR
December 7th, 2013, 09:46 PM
Looks like no one on here cares... xlolx

They're either watching a GREAT game or trying to log onto Bizonboard to read the news.... xlolx

BEAR
December 7th, 2013, 09:52 PM
Sam leads 29-24. Two point conversion fails. Loved that battle at the goal line though.

BEAR
December 7th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Big series stop for SAM with 9 min. left in the fourth... momentum swing to KATS.

Bearkats94
December 7th, 2013, 10:03 PM
Kats board keeps going down and can't get any up date

Tubakat2014
December 7th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Kats board keeps going down and can't get any up date

SHSU 29, SLU 24. Kats have it 4th and 1. JJ is in for Bell who suffered an injury

BEAR
December 7th, 2013, 10:09 PM
Bell goes down... #15 replaces him on 3rd and 7... 4th and 1...going for it! BIG PLaY

Bearkats94
December 7th, 2013, 10:09 PM
This is driving me nuts listening to this game being a Kat fan.

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2013, 10:32 PM
that was abusive

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 7th, 2013, 10:35 PM
What a drive. What was Sam Houston doing on defense?

knucklehead
December 7th, 2013, 10:35 PM
What a drive! WOW

MTfan4life
December 7th, 2013, 10:37 PM
xlolx Is the Lion King soundbyte a tradition?

Awesome drive. SHSU was way to tentative on defense on that drive, but that was all Bennett! Stud.

Red & Black
December 7th, 2013, 10:39 PM
SHSU has no pass defense.

UNHknowledge
December 7th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Poor coaching by SHSU down the stretch. Terrible 4th down decision, and then sieve defense with 1:30 left in the game. Frustrating to watch; I was hoping UNH got matched up with SHSU. SLSU is certainly the more talented squad. Next week's going to be exciting.

MTfan4life
That was an awesome game! It's about time there was a nailbiter in these playoffs!

Red & Black
And that'll do it.

Lehigh Football Nation
Bell's injury made Sam's last drive a whimper. Congrats to the Lions. Great game! xthumbsupx

Cleets
December 7th, 2013, 10:42 PM
85 yards in 40 seconds... on 7 plays (sweet jeezus) that's a terrible way to lose a game

Texas
December 7th, 2013, 10:43 PM
Said it all year, SELA is the team to beat. Our side of the bracket imo is much heavier than the other.

WrenFGun
December 7th, 2013, 10:44 PM
Watching that last drive makes me wonder how SELA didn't score 70 points that game?

Exciting to play someone we've never seen before, and without an obnoxious fan base to boot!

Cleets
December 7th, 2013, 10:45 PM
Said it all year, SELA is the team to beat. Our side of the bracket imo is much heavier than the other.

Agreed
Whatever side has NDSU is the toughest side (the end)

Texas
December 7th, 2013, 10:46 PM
Whatever side has NDSU is the toughest side (the end)
SELA vs NDSU @ Fargo will be the Natty champ.

Grizo406
December 7th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Kinda' sad that another "Big Sky Champion" went down today, huh?!!?

slostang
December 7th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Wow, what a great ending for SELA.

Bennett at one point was considering transfering to Cal Poly. What could have been for Cal Poly.

FormerPokeCenter
Exciting to play someone we've never seen before, and without an obnoxious fan base to boot!

They can be obnoxious, too....just in a different way....you'll see ;)

slostang
Kinda' sad that another "Big Sky Champion" went down today, huh?!!?
LMAO!!! :)

UNH Fanboi

Considering SELA barely just beat a team that some thought didn't even belong in the playoffs, I don't think they can look past UNH.

Texas
December 7th, 2013, 10:52 PM
They can be obnoxious, too....just in a different way....you'll see ;)
What this man said, they will be here.

centennial
December 7th, 2013, 10:53 PM
Considering SELA barely just beat a team that some thought didn't even belong in the playoffs, I don't think they can look past UNH.
I am going with UNH, you guys are playing really well..

Texas
December 7th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Lmao. Keep talking.

UNH Fanboi
December 7th, 2013, 10:56 PM
I am going with UNH, you guys are playing really well..

Thanks, SELA looks like a dangerous but beatable team.

- - - Updated - - -

Lmao. Keep talking.

What exactly are you laughing at?

Texas
December 7th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Thanks, SELA looks like a dangerous but beatable team.

- - - Updated - - -

What exactly are you laughing at?
Shame we didn't get to see SHSU destroy you at Bowers, but I'm sure Bennett and co. will in Hammond.

WrenFGun
December 7th, 2013, 10:58 PM
Lmao. Keep talking.

Which part of your 6 DI wins belonged in the playoffs? I think you were clearly one of the best 8 at-large candidates but I was stunned that you were admitted to the playoffs. I guess I have no problem with the committee taking a clearly superior team but it was an odd time for a first!

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 7th, 2013, 10:59 PM

EIU, Towson, and EWU can all beat SELA and NDSU.

UNH Fanboi
December 7th, 2013, 11:00 PM
Shame we didn't get to see SHSU destroy you at Bowers, but I'm sure Bennett and co. will in Hammond.

We'll see. Should be an interesting game. The teams don't have any common opponents, so it's hard to gauge how they stack up against each other.

Sammy94
That's the worst fan base I've ever seen in person. You sure can tell they have never won a playoff game before. Great game but please represent the SLC better then that going forward. I won't be back to Strawberry Stadium. I was expecting the Louisiana class McNeese shows. Got a lot to learn Lions. On another note one of the best games I've been to in a while, just wish we were on the winning side.

Texas
Which part of your 6 DI wins belonged in the playoffs? I think you were clearly one of the best 8 at-large candidates but I was stunned that you were admitted to the playoffs. I guess I have no problem with the committee taking a clearly superior team but it was an odd time for a first!
My bad I forgot UNH were world beaters.xrolleyesx

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 11:02 PM

I completely agree with this.

SHSU should not have been admitted to the playoffs, no way no how, horrible precedent to set.

That being said. They clearly were one of the best 16 teams.

Red & Black
December 7th, 2013, 11:03 PM
Great game SELU, was rooting for you in this one.

mvemjsunpx
December 7th, 2013, 11:04 PM
I completely agree with this.

SHSU should not have been admitted to the playoffs, no way no how, horrible precedent to set.

That being said. They clearly were one of the best 16 teams.

You do realize they abolished the 7 DI-win guideline before the season, right?

Twentysix
December 7th, 2013, 11:05 PM
You do realize they abolished the 7 DI-win guideline before the season, right?

Doesn't matter 6 DI wins in a 12 game season is ridiculous.

By this same logic, NDSU could schedule 3 (4 in a 12 game season) DII/DIII/NAIA games reap craploads of money and have 7 (8 in a 12 game season) home games every year and still get into the playoffs with a few conference losses.

clenz
December 7th, 2013, 11:15 PM
Doesn't matter 6 DI wins in a 12 game season is ridiculous.

This...that sets the precedent at 5 wins in an 11 game season

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk

Texas
December 7th, 2013, 11:18 PM
This...that sets the precedent at 5 wins in an 11 game season

Sent from my S4 using Tapatalk
It's been two or three weeks and you're still sad? Life gets better.

katstrapper
December 7th, 2013, 11:49 PM
All the SHSU haters got to be happy!! Off to enjoy the holidays...

Tubakat2014
December 8th, 2013, 12:03 AM
I'll never understand why Fritz didn't go for a QB sneak in that last 3rd and 1 situation. We have to fire our DC...

But in the end, I'm still proud to be a Bearkat. This was my final football season as an SHSU student, and I am very proud of what Fritz and the team has accomplished over the past three years. I'm fortunate to have witnessed such an amazing era of Bearkat football! Also, congrats to Southeastern Louisiana for a great, well deserved win. Represent the SLC well from here on out!

Regarding the comments of SHSU not belonging in the playoffs... the committee's job is to pick the best possible teams that meet the given criteria. SHSU met the given criteria, and over the past two games I think the Kats made a very strong case as to why the committee made the right decision to include them. Should 6 D1-win teams be eligible to make the playoffs in a 12-game season? An 11-game season? It's a very valid question. But it's not going to change this year's playoff field. Time to move on...

Bronco
December 8th, 2013, 12:19 AM
-
Two Big Sky teams fell the 1st round

Now anothet two The Griz and SHSU fall in the 2nd round

Sad day for the Sky

lionsrking2
December 8th, 2013, 01:29 AM
That's the worst fan base I've ever seen in person. You sure can tell they have never won a playoff game before. Great game but please represent the SLC better then that going forward. I won't be back to Strawberry Stadium. I was expecting the Louisiana class McNeese shows. Got a lot to learn Lions. On another note one of the best games I've been to in a while, just wish we were on the winning side.

I'm quite sure we won't lose much sleep with your absence. Safe trip back to wherever it is you come from.

lionsrking2
December 8th, 2013, 01:33 AM

Sam Houston definitely belonged in the playoffs and are one of the top five or six teams IMO. Too bad we had to play each other in the second round. Hopefully, one day, the NCAA will avoid conference rematches if at all possible. Shame they had to go home losers tonight. Flanders was a class act coming up to our team huddle after the game was over. Wish him well in what will hopefully be a nice NFL career!

Twentysix
December 8th, 2013, 01:38 AM
Sam Houston definitely belonged in the playoffs and are one of the top five or six teams IMO. Too bad we had to play each other in the second round. Hopefully, one day, the NCAA will avoid conference rematches if at all possible. Shame they had to go home losers tonight. Flanders was a class act coming up to our team huddle after the game was over. Wish him well in what will hopefully be a nice NFL career!

They sure came along way since flipping people off on national TV.

And to UNH fanboi, I think you are misunderstanding why people think SHSU shouldn't have made the playoffs, it wasn't because they weren't a good team. It is because of how few DI wins they had with the schedule they created.

Texas
December 8th, 2013, 01:42 AM
They sure came along way since flipping people off on national TV.

How many NDSU players are still on probation?

Big Rack
December 8th, 2013, 02:37 AM
How many NDSU players are still on probation?

Good thing voting violations never affected the football skills. Your team got owned twice in the championship game.

There are no excuses for SHSU.

Nickels
December 8th, 2013, 03:13 AM
I never knew a fan base could so be trashy. SELA fans are terrible. We had 13 kicked out of our section alone. I really miss losing to the Bison. At least most of their fans were decent. I was embarrassed for the SELA.

NH fans be prepared. The trash you are about to witness will make your stomache turn.

My favorite question for SELA fans, who was your qb last year? Not one of these dip****s knew.

Been a hell of a run. Thanks SHSU seniors.

SELA fans- quit embarrassing our conference. We know you've never been, but at least pretend you have.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Nickels
December 8th, 2013, 03:22 AM

Words cannot describe how ****ty their fan base was. I was flipped off and cussed out by people who have never met me. They even had guys cussing out our woman and acting like they were going to get physical with them. Worthless coonass trash to the least.

lionsrking2
December 8th, 2013, 03:37 AM
I never knew a fan base could so be trashy. SELA fans are terrible. We had 13 kicked out of our section alone. I really miss losing to the Bison. At least most of their fans were decent. I was embarrassed for the SELA.

NH fans be prepared. The trash you are about to witness will make your stomache turn.

My favorite question for SELA fans, who was your qb last year? Not one of these dip****s knew.

Been a hell of a run. Thanks SHSU seniors.

SELA fans- quit embarrassing our conference. We know you've never been, but at least pretend you have.

Good luck to the Bearkats. You'll get over it.

Nickels
December 8th, 2013, 03:41 AM
Keep embarrassing yourselves all the way to Fargo.

lionsrking2
December 8th, 2013, 04:03 AM
Keep embarrassing yourselves all the way to Fargo.

Grow up and get off your daddy's computer. You act like a three-year old kid.

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2013, 06:17 AM
as a football fan I will admit I don't mind watching Sammy play, but it seemed some of the creativity was gone this year. As for the the few Sammy fans that come on this board..... wow, instant entertainment with no football knowledge.... UNH would have smoked you like a thanksgiving turkey next week.

katstrapper
December 8th, 2013, 09:31 AM
as a football fan I will admit I don't mind watching Sammy play, but it seemed some of the creativity was gone this year. As for the the few Sammy fans that come on this board..... wow, instant entertainment with no football knowledge.... UNH would have smoked you like a thanksgiving turkey next week.

This Kat team wasnt going to make it Frisco. The defense has been horrific all year and other defenses have caught up to a point of what the Kats have been doing the last three years. I look for some major changes during the offseason, most notably hoping Fritz addresses the DC position. The Kat D is built off of speed and pressure and Collins sure as hell didnt bring that to the table this year.

Samalum'10
December 8th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Collins couldn't even spell pressure....

fmrbearkat
December 8th, 2013, 02:25 PM

Save that thought until after SELA smokes NHU and remember that we should have won that game yesterday!

lionsrking2
December 8th, 2013, 02:41 PM
Save that thought until after SELA smokes NHU and remember that we should have won that game yesterday! Replace the "should" with "could" and you have a point. We had 495 yards to Sam's 301 ... you were 0-11 on third down, 3-18 passing, and only scored 13 offensive points. We also missed a routine FG. We "could" have won by three TDs. We'll gladly take the one-point W.

Sader87
December 8th, 2013, 03:00 PM
Hypothetically, who would have hosted the game if it was UNH-SH St? Basically, how does it work if two unseeded teams advance and meet one another? Are bids put out again?

lionsrking2
December 8th, 2013, 03:04 PM
Hypothetically, who would have hosted the game if it was UNH-SH St? Basically, how does it work if two unseeded teams advance and meet one another? Are bids put out again?

Would have gone to the bid process, and without knowing what they were, I'm pretty certain Sam Houston would have hosted. Better facilities, more experience hosting, and my guess is they put in a higher bid.

Sader87
December 8th, 2013, 03:07 PM
Thanks....