PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Bison

PaladinFan
December 7th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Well fought game, and the better team won. Great experience for our guys, who now know can see what it takes to get back and succeed at a high level. Thought we came to play, but just not enough in the tank to go stride for stride for four quarters.

NDSU is clearly well coached, disciplined, and it would not surprise me at all to see them win another title. Best of luck against your second consecutive South Carolina program next week.

thirdgendin
December 7th, 2013, 05:33 PM
Well fought game, and the better team won. Great experience for our guys, who now know can see what it takes to get back and succeed at a high level. Thought we came to play, but just not enough in the tank to go stride for stride for four quarters.

NDSU is clearly well coached, disciplined, and it would not surprise me at all to see them win another title. Best of luck against your second consecutive South Carolina program next week.

My thoughts exactly. NDSU looks so much like Furman of 1978-2005 in style, intensity, etc., and it's what I think Coach Fowler is working to get us back to. Best of luck the rest of the way.

I'm ready for 2014!

Darlinikki150
December 7th, 2013, 05:39 PM
Great game by Furman. Kinda a tale of two halves. Great oline, and good passing. Just no enough today, next year you will b tough!

Bisonator
December 7th, 2013, 05:40 PM
Congrats to the Paladins on a fine season. You have a very good young team. The future looks bright for Furman!

FCS_pwns_FBS
December 7th, 2013, 05:42 PM
That game reminded me of GSU's first game in the Fargo dome...did well moving the ball but made some critical blunders in the red zone and it got away from us in the second half, and the end result was a game that was less lopsided statistically than the final score. Except you guys played a more experienced Bison team with a younger team than we had that year.

No reason Furple shouldn't be the preseason favorites for the SoCon next year.

dewey
December 7th, 2013, 06:01 PM
I hope the Furman fans that made it to the game had a good time, except the final score, and have safe travels home.

Dewey

PaladinFan
December 7th, 2013, 06:11 PM
That game reminded me of GSU's first game in the Fargo dome...did well moving the ball but made some critical blunders in the red zone and it got away from us in the second half, and the end result was a game that was less lopsided statistically than the final score. Except you guys played a more experienced Bison team with a younger team than we had that year.

No reason Furple shouldn't be the preseason favorites for the SoCon next year.

One of those games where you really need to have a perfect game to win, and we didn't. You knew once the route started, that it could get out of hand quickly.

I do expect Furman and UTC will have most of the hype next season going in. This team has matured a good bit over the season, and you simply cannot replicate the experience of playing in the playoffs against the #1 team in the country.

Bisonwinagn
December 7th, 2013, 06:15 PM
I was impressed with Furman's line play and the QB hardly missed a throw. Also think they are a well coached team and will take another step up next year.

IBleedYellow
December 7th, 2013, 06:18 PM
Damn your quarterback. Gave me fits all game long, just like our defense in the first half.

Professor Chaos
December 7th, 2013, 06:20 PM
I was very impressed with Furman offensively. They were much better than I thought and quite frankly outplayed the Bison defense for a good portion of the game which is no small feat. They simply didn't make the plays in the red zone that they needed to on 3rd and 4th down but they should be very proud of their offensive performance despite scoring only 7 points.

PaladinFan
December 7th, 2013, 06:36 PM
Damn your quarterback. Gave me fits all game long, just like our defense in the first half.

He's a good player. Was thrust into starting duty last year, and has really matured.

I'm sure the NDSU coaches watched more game film than Furman's game against SCSU, but I'm sure everyone was surprised to see a guy that went 3/9 for 67 yards in round one go 19/29 for 255 in the Fargodome.

word
December 7th, 2013, 11:20 PM
I thought he played well. That has to be the toughest atmosphere he is ever going to play.

Best of luck to you guys the next few years.

Southern Bison
December 7th, 2013, 11:41 PM
I'm looking forward to rollin' down I-85 next fall to enjoy some of that Furple wine & cheese while tailgating with y'all (I'll bring the moonshine) and watching the Paladins win the SoCon again and make a deep run into the playoffs. Congratulations on a great comeback season!