PDA

View Full Version : Friday Water Cooler: Lehigh/Yale

Lehigh Football Nation
October 13th, 2006, 08:57 AM
My predictions are out for now. Later this afternoon I'll be adding the press roundup, last-minute Lehigh/Yale info, and maybe some other general silliness.

I wanted to predict a Lafayette win over Harvard, thus saving the pride of the Patriot League this year, but I just couldn't. Aside from that, the biggest upset: Western Illinois over Y-Town.

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

ColgateTD
October 13th, 2006, 10:53 AM
I see a breakout Saturday for the LU offense tomorrow, and a big victory over Yale..maybe something like 35-17....:twocents:

bulldog10jw
October 13th, 2006, 11:12 AM
I see a breakout Saturday for the LU offense tomorrow, and a big victory over Yale..maybe something like 35-17....:twocents:

Your last prediction:

Colgate seems to have found its offensive legs during the win over Georgetown. I know the Tigers are a tough team this year, but I see 'Gate coming out of its shell and finally jelling a bit. Since the game is at home, I expect the Raiders to have a slight advantage and pull it out in the last quarter by 10 points. But the "D" has to rise to the occasion.

(I'm a newbie; please welcome me to AGS!)...:smiley_wi

I hope your prediction goes just as well this week.:)

cosmo here
October 13th, 2006, 11:17 AM
LFN: It's striking to think how good Bucknell could be if they could keep their QBs and RBs healthy for more than three games at a time.

Cosmo: and therein lies the paradox of Bucknell's spread option offense. if the QB pitches too early, the RB gets hit. if the QB pitches too late, he gets hit. if they hit it up the middle and the QB "options" out anyways, he gets hit. if they fake it up the middle, the FB gets hit. I don't think it's as much a problem with Bucknell's players as it is the offense. They just hope they can hit enough big gains (and recruit enough players) to make it work. But if they get down and still have to run it, they're in big trouble.

Pard4Life
October 13th, 2006, 11:52 AM
I don't know about your #1 key to the Lehigh game... make Polhmus throw... Pards mad him throw at times and he torched us. Yale can adjust well to the pass so don't bet on that as your lucky 7.

Cute nicknames this week xlolx

I don't know about the Pards. We will put up a good fight but I think we will lose.. I predicted 41-28 Harvard on the PL board. We have not stopped a good back yet and traditionally we do not... especially Dawson. Even if we stop Dawson we will get torched through the air. Either way we are exposed in many areas defensively. If we were more airtight, our offense does have the ability to pull this one out.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 13th, 2006, 02:56 PM
LFN: It's striking to think how good Bucknell could be if they could keep their QBs and RBs healthy for more than three games at a time.

Cosmo: and therein lies the paradox of Bucknell's spread option offense. if the QB pitches too early, the RB gets hit. if the QB pitches too late, he gets hit. if they hit it up the middle and the QB "options" out anyways, he gets hit. if they fake it up the middle, the FB gets hit. I don't think it's as much a problem with Bucknell's players as it is the offense. They just hope they can hit enough big gains (and recruit enough players) to make it work. But if they get down and still have to run it, they're in big trouble.

That's interesting. Landis gets tons and tons of them every recruiting class, especially RB/FBs! Even in 2002 when Bucknell was a "sleeper" possibility for the Patriot championship they had key injuries down the stretch too. You could make a good case that it's the system.

Lehigh Football Nation
October 13th, 2006, 03:01 PM
I don't know about your #1 key to the Lehigh game... make Polhmus throw... Pards mad him throw at times and he torched us. Yale can adjust well to the pass so don't bet on that as your lucky 7.

I agree. I saw that Yale/Laf game and I am nervous about it too. I think that Yale has some passing ability that they haven't shown up to this point too. Mroz did something similar last year, but we did manage to stuff McLeod and pull it out in OT. Hopefully we do that too.

I don't know about the Pards. We will put up a good fight but I think we will lose.. I predicted 41-28 Harvard on the PL board. We have not stopped a good back yet and traditionally we do not... especially Dawson. Even if we stop Dawson we will get torched through the air. Either way we are exposed in many areas defensively. If we were more airtight, our offense does have the ability to pull this one out.

Harvard leaves few good options through the air or on the ground. But I do think that your Leopards will be ready for the game and will play extremely well, where Harvard could be looking ahead to the Princeton game.

Of course, I'm going to be at Harvard/Princeton, so for the "drama of my I-AA.org piece", shouldn't I be rooting for the Crimson? :)

Lehigh Football Nation
October 13th, 2006, 04:14 PM
OK, it's all updated now with press links, irreverent humor ("Barry Switzer, New Yale Head Coach") and lots of other great stuff. You'll not only want to read it again and again to tell your friends, but you'll also want to click every ad several times. :) xlolx

Go Lehigh... Beat Yale

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com