PDA

View Full Version : The CAA Today: Ramming Speed

CSN-info
December 7th, 2013, 10:58 AM
The CAA Today: Ramming Speed
http://www.collegesportingnews.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1177&d=1316716976&stc=1
Standing on the sideline at Fordham last weekend, I was doing three things. First, I was marveling at the location of Jack Coffey field, with the New York Botanical Gardens and Bronx Zoo across the road and the rest of the Rose Hill campus splayed out behind the other end zone. It really is a jewel of a location and it's nice to see competitive football played at the home of the immortal Seven Blocks of Granite, the offensive line of the 1930s that included the legendary Vince Lombardi.

By Sam Partridge
The CAA Today columnist
College Sporting News

Those men would hardly recognize the style of football played by these Rams, with its wide-open passing attack spearheaded by quarterback Michael Nebrich and his three-headed trio of receivers. While not as poetic as Tinker, Evers and Chance, the group of Jones, Ajala and Wetzel are a terror on the outside and open up holes for Koonce in the running game. Still, with my CAA hat on, the second thing I was doing was wondering if this Fordham team would be able to stand firm against a Towson squad that would do the Seven Blocks proud. Could the same defense that was getting gashed by Sacred Heart's running game stand up to one of the great running backs in the country and possible Payton Award winner, Terrance West? As I watched Sacred Heart hang around despite several turnovers, I wasn't so sure.

More... (http://www.collegesportingnews.com/content.php?1028-The-CAA-Today-Ramming-Speed)

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2013, 10:41 AM
don't look now FCS fans but the down CAA the only conference with 2 teams left - not to mention the early round CAA match up and not forgetting about William, Richmond, Stony, jmu and Delaware, despite how bad they ar they still better than about a bakers dozen of this years playoff teams....

UNHWildCats
December 8th, 2013, 10:46 AM
ISnt Jacksonville State and Eastern Illinois still alive from the OVC?

caribbeanhen
December 8th, 2013, 10:50 AM
ISnt Jacksonville State and Eastern Illinois still alive from the OVC?

xwhistlex
Oh sheate, you are correct..... Who would of believed that? I obviously had no idea..xlolx

EKU Toss Sweep
December 8th, 2013, 10:52 AM
don't look now FCS fans but the down CAA the only conference with 2 teams left - not to mention the early round CAA match up and not forgetting about William, Richmond, Stony, jmu and Delaware, despite how bad they ar they still better than about a bakers dozen of this years playoff teams....

You're not alone, the OVC still has 2 teams left and also had the early round OVC match up to eliminate a 3rd.