PDA

View Full Version : Seeds: what quarterfinal team would you prefer to host in the second round?

MplsBison
December 2nd, 2013, 07:59 PM
This question applies to fans of: NDSU, Montana, EWU, McNeese, Maine, SELA, Towson and EIU

Of the following quarterfinal road teams, which team would you prefer visit your team in the second round - for any reason?

Furman, Coastal, SDSU, Jax St, UNH, Sam Houston, Fordham, Tenn St

For me, my dream playoff scenario was to have NDSU host UND, Montana St and EWU in series before going on to Frisco. That obviously didn't happen as it appears the Bison will host Furman, Montana and EWU. Not a bad slate by any means and that win in Fargo over the iggles is gonna be mighty sweet. Especially if we can somehow get the ref to steal the game away from EWU at the last second. But I'll take a dominating performance too, preferably with Brock Jensen scoring about four rushing touchdowns - and after every one going up to the camera and saying "I MADE IT IN THAT TIME!!!!! NO DOUBT!!!!"

Ok, back to reality. Looking at that field, none of those teams particularly provoke me as wanting them in Fargo in round 2 over Furman. I suppose a team like Tenn St would be the easiest win or it'd be nice to crush Fordham like they did Lehigh a couple years ago, but neither of those are that big of deal.

Anyone else?

Bisonator
December 2nd, 2013, 08:07 PM
This question applies to fans of: NDSU, Montana, EWU, McNeese, Maine, SELA, Towson and EIU

Of the following quarterfinal road teams, which team would you prefer visit your team in the second round - for any reason?

For me, my dream playoff scenario was to have NDSU host UND, Montana St and EWU in series before going on to Frisco. That obviously didn't happen as it appears the Bison will host Furman, Montana and EWU. Not a bad slate by any means and that win in Fargo over the iggles is gonna be mighty sweet. Especially if we can somehow get the ref to steal the game away from EWU at the last second. But I'll take a dominating performance too, preferably with Brock Jensen scoring about four rushing touchdowns - and after every one going up to the camera and saying "I MADE IT IN THAT TIME!!!!! NO DOUBT!!!!"

Ok, back to reality. Looking at that field, none of those teams particularly provoke me as wanting them in Fargo in round 2 over Furman. I suppose a team like Tenn St would be the easiest win or it'd be nice to crush Fordham like they did Lehigh a couple years ago, but neither of those are that big of deal.

Anyone else?

EWU will not be coming to Fargo. They are on the other side of the bracket.

I'll take Furman!xnodx

MplsBison
December 2nd, 2013, 08:09 PM
DAMN! You're right. My mistake, thank you for the correction.

They'll probably host Maine then. Well now I'm torn, do I want to beat EIU or EWU in Frisco? EIU would be the best game, but EWU would be the most satisfying. Hmm..

maine612
December 2nd, 2013, 08:11 PM
I prefer SHSU because it's the only way Maine hosts.

TigerFen
December 2nd, 2013, 08:17 PM
I prefer Tennessee State to win to get another home game in the round of eight. Even though we're only 3-2 at home, I think a second home game would be a nice treat for Towson.

IBleedYellow
December 2nd, 2013, 08:22 PM
Where'd you go? It's like the postseason showed up and you vanished.

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2013, 08:29 PM
Well, Montana won't be hosting unless NDSU loses to Furman, so...Furman.

MplsBison
December 2nd, 2013, 08:30 PM
Guys, come on. It was very straightforward and simple.

I'm asking the fans of seeded teams: which unseeded team in the field of 16 would you prefer to host in the 2nd round/quarterfinals if you could pick any of them?

I'm not asking anything to do with the semifinals/3rd round/field of 8.

taper
December 2nd, 2013, 08:32 PM
Ignoring the bracket, I want Jacksonville State. 1 of 2 teams NDSU has a losing series record against in the modern era, want a chance to start evening it up.

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2013, 08:33 PM

I'm asking the fans of seeded teams: which unseeded team in the field of 16 would you prefer to host in the 2nd round/quarterfinals if you could pick any of them?

You worded the question pretty awkwardly.

jmrepak
December 2nd, 2013, 08:41 PM
This shouldn't just apply to those teams. The likelihood of Furman beating NDSU is very, very low and I don't think anyone would deny it. However, my dream scenario is Coastal downing Montana and Furman downing the Bison to bring a quarterfinal game to SC. That game would probably be played at Brooks in Conway depending on the bids

jmrepak
December 2nd, 2013, 08:44 PM

Maybe I'm wrong, but the quarter finals are the round of 8/3rd round. The Semis would be the round of 4/4th round and the Finals would be the round of 2/5th round.

clawman
December 2nd, 2013, 09:04 PM
My dream scenario- All Big Sky Championship

lionsrking2
December 2nd, 2013, 09:20 PM
Doesn't matter to me who we play ... gotta beat whoever it is, wherever it is, to move on ... tee it up and let's go.

maine612
December 2nd, 2013, 09:23 PM
I'd like to host the Bison in Orono. Would give us a 11.4 percent chance of winning instead of 2.3 percent.

Texas
December 2nd, 2013, 10:10 PM
My dream scenario- All Big Sky Championship

That's a funny joke I literally cried. Tell me more fairy tales.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

centennial
December 2nd, 2013, 10:11 PM
That's a funny joke I literally cried. Tell me more fairy tales.

That joke was so bad that it was funny..all big sky..OK

UNH Fanboi
December 2nd, 2013, 10:19 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but the quarter finals are the round of 8/3rd round. The Semis would be the round of 4/4th round and the Finals would be the round of 2/5th round.

Yes. Even the OP's clarification was wrong.

Grizalltheway
December 2nd, 2013, 10:29 PM
That joke was so bad that it was funny..all big sky..OK

More likely than an all-Missouri Valley final.xcoffeex

Red & Black
December 2nd, 2013, 11:31 PM

Anyone else?

A) EWU is on the other side of the bracket.
B) I know you guys are still bitter about it because you think you got jobbed, but if you want to blame someone for the 2010 loss, blame your defense that gave up a TD in the final minute of regulation, and then another one in OT. The video evidence was inconclusive and not enough to overturn the call on the field. But even assuming the Bison score on that play, it would have only tied the game. There's no way of knowing how that game would have ended without the fumble.

As far as the question, I would have liked to have gotten Sam Houston. Very difficult to beat a team twice in the same season and I think we'd have a great shot to beat them at home.

centennial
December 2nd, 2013, 11:37 PM
B) I know you guys are still bitter about it because you think you got jobbed, but if you want to blame someone for the 2010 loss, blame your defense that gave up a TD in the final minute of regulation, and then another one in OT. The video evidence was inconclusive and not enough to overturn the call on the field. But even assuming the Bison score on that play, it would have only tied the game. There's no way of knowing how that game would have ended without the fumble.

As far as the question, I would have liked to have gotten Sam Houston. Very difficult to beat a team twice in the same season and I think we'd have a great shot to beat them at home.

Give it a rest, we will always be bitter about that call. For that very reason along with the gloating that came later, we will always cheer against your team; like you do against ours.

Red & Black
December 2nd, 2013, 11:45 PM
Give it a rest, we will always be bitter about that call. For that very reason along with the gloating that came later, we will always cheer against your team; like you do against ours.

Fair enough. My guess is the "gloating" came from all the NDSU "fans" that were trolling our board the week prior to that game. Never seen anything like it from fans of any other FCS team, so I guess you're right that most folks would generally root for anyone who plays NDSU. Left a very bitter taste in a lot of folks mouths about NDSU fans. I know the posters on these boards are the "die hards" and it's probably not fair to paint people with such a broad brush, but many of the NDSU folks that post on these forums don't do much to change my opinion. I know we've got a few that push the limits, too. It is what it is I guess.

McNeese75
December 2nd, 2013, 11:57 PM
You worded the question pretty awkwardly.

xscanx Whew, I thought it was only me

Bisonoline
December 3rd, 2013, 12:05 AM
Fair enough. My guess is the "gloating" came from all the NDSU "fans" that were trolling our board the week prior to that game. Never seen anything like it from fans of any other FCS team, so I guess you're right that most folks would generally root for anyone who plays NDSU. Left a very bitter taste in a lot of folks mouths about NDSU fans. I know the posters on these boards are the "die hards" and it's probably not fair to paint people with such a broad brush, but many of the NDSU folks that post on these forums don't do much to change my opinion. I know we've got a few that push the limits, too. It is what it is I guess.

Ahhhh your side had some azzhats who way over the top at BV as well. Be careful when you point the finger. Just saying.

centennial
December 3rd, 2013, 12:09 AM

Its true about either side. Any team with with national championship will have their share of crazy supporters. NDSU is a state university with a history of winning, probably would have been bigger if not for the conservative ND legislature and their refusal to invest in the university. We have more fans that most FCS schools and they can be obnoxious like your fans.

Darlinikki150
December 3rd, 2013, 02:50 AM

Oh Red, and here I thought you were a sane EW fan. Come on man, if the tables were turned you would be bitter about that game too. Just get on board for the playoff ride, its gonna be fun.

MplsBison
December 3rd, 2013, 07:59 PM

Yes, as I said 2nd round/field of 16 and 3rd round/field of 8. I screwed up on quarters/semis by one round. You knew what I was saying but rather than contribute you posted only to point out something that didn't need to be clarified.

MplsBison
December 3rd, 2013, 08:00 PM

Thank you for answering the question. Seems fair enough to me.

MplsBison
December 3rd, 2013, 08:03 PM
xscanx Whew, I thought it was only me

Well now that you've finally caught up to the rest of us in comprehension, care to answer the easy question?

Which unseeded team in the field of 16 would you prefer to see McNeese host this weekend, if you could pick any of them?

McNeese75
December 3rd, 2013, 09:08 PM
Well now that you've finally caught up to the rest of us in comprehension, care to answer the easy question?

Which unseeded team in the field of 16 would you prefer to see McNeese host this weekend, if you could pick any of them?

xblehx I'm good with what we drew.

SUPharmacist
December 4th, 2013, 12:18 AM
I would have loved to draw the jackrabbits. It would prevent the valley from showing its strength against everyone else, but I would have loved to see if they can continue to contain Zenner.

MplsBison
December 4th, 2013, 07:28 PM
I would have loved to draw the jackrabbits. It would prevent the valley from showing its strength against everyone else, but I would have loved to see if they can continue to contain Zenner.

I have to say, out of the eight unseeded teams in the field of 16 - SDSU would be my *LAST* pick for who I'd want to see in Fargo this Saturday. They're by far the strongest of the eight and know NDSU the best.

I'd love to see them knock off EWU, it should be a great game.

tomq04
December 6th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Sam Houston, Sam Houston, and maybe Jacksonville state, see how they like the cold in Cheney or Missoula.

Bisonoline
December 6th, 2013, 04:20 PM
Sam Houston, Sam Houston, and maybe Jacksonville state, see how they like the cold in Cheney or Missoula.

Didnt Sam Houston play in Missoula last year?

Texas
December 6th, 2013, 04:31 PM

Bozeman, we got to play the better Montana team at home

Bisonoline
December 6th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Bozeman, we got to play the better Montana team at home

Year before?

Texas
December 6th, 2013, 04:39 PM
Year before?

Came to huntsville

Red & Black
December 6th, 2013, 06:02 PM

They played in Cheney in the semi's.

TigerFen
December 7th, 2013, 06:00 AM
I'm happy with who I got in this round of the playoffs. I want to break our 0-1 FCS playoff record and get the stench of the Lehigh loss out of my head for ever. I believe this team is different than the 2011 team and can make a deeper playoff run.

Dakotaguy74
December 7th, 2013, 07:46 AM
You still might just get the Jacks. Careful what you wish for. Considering you get past Furman.