PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Round: Tenn. St. @ E. Illinois

PanthersBlue
December 2nd, 2013, 09:14 AM
Rematch of an OVC game, EIU won the first game down at LP Field.

SIUSalukiFan
December 2nd, 2013, 10:07 AM
Perhaps Tennessee State can stay within three touchdowns of EIU the second time around.

hebmskebm
December 2nd, 2013, 10:22 AM
TSU is undefeated when their QB German plays this year. He got hurt and missed the last few weeks of the regular season, coming back in time for the Butler game. Even with him healthy, they won't beat EIU, but I think the final score may turn some heads.

colonelblitz
December 2nd, 2013, 06:17 PM
EIU wins...

skinny_uncle
December 2nd, 2013, 08:44 PM
I don't see any reason for a different result from the first time they played. I will bet an OVC team wins this game.
xlolx

OSRacer
December 2nd, 2013, 09:06 PM
EIU has just too much everything this year. Having seen both teams, TSU can compete but EIU scores so quick and in so many different ways that they'll win big. I say its close at the half but EIU wins 45-21.

MTfan4life
December 3rd, 2013, 12:47 PM
Not a single one of the 101 brackets submitted in the AGS challenge picked Eastern Illinois to lose this game. That was the only game of the entire playoffs that had one team winning 100% of the time.

centennial
December 3rd, 2013, 12:50 PM
Not a single one of the 101 brackets submitted in the AGS challenge picked Eastern Illinois to lose this game. That was the only game of the entire playoffs that had one team winning 100% of the time.
Well then I guess EIU is winning for sure.

bigbluetiger
December 3rd, 2013, 09:41 PM
I guess TSU should just forfeit the game? TSU pulls off the upset.

RabidRabbit
December 4th, 2013, 12:41 PM
I guess TSU should just forfeit the game? TSU pulls off the upset.

Didn't get your picks in for the play-off pool? xlolx

EIU looked really sharp in all their games. Appears that they may even have a defense this year.

Demwai
December 4th, 2013, 01:07 PM

I wonder why...smh.

eiupantherfan94
December 4th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Didn't get your picks in for the play-off pool? xlolx

EIU looked really sharp in all their games. Appears that they may even have a defense this year.

It seems that the gashing the Jackrabbits gave to them in the playoffs last year gave the defense some motivation in the offseason. They're way more physical in the trenches this year but still have great speed as well.

TSUMadness
December 4th, 2013, 09:48 PM
Tennessee State responds to the naysayers...takes down EIU in the 2nd round!

Lets Go Tigers!!!xthumbsupx

Twentysix
December 4th, 2013, 10:05 PM
I have EIU with 10 TD's. I hope I wasn't overestimating.

They seem to have a coach that likes to pour gas on the fire.

Bisonwinagn
December 4th, 2013, 10:28 PM
I think this game will be within 10 points. Turnovers will make the difference.

Sycamore62
December 4th, 2013, 10:33 PM
I think it will be closer and lower scoring but I see EIU winning. I think the biggest factor will be weather. High of 26 which is cold enough to ruin attendance and catching passes. All the snow, rain and sleet is supposed to be passed by then.

PanthersBlue
December 5th, 2013, 06:18 AM
I think it will be closer and lower scoring but I see EIU winning. I think the biggest factor will be weather. High of 26 which is cold enough to ruin attendance and catching passes. All the snow, rain and sleet is supposed to be passed by then.

I think it's time for Panther fans to stop using the weather as an excuse and get out there Saturday. You never know when we will have another team like this, hopefully we have continued success this year and for years to come. But you can never take this for granted. Go Panthers.

My prediction..... Game stays close for a while but EIU wins by three scores.

Sycamore62
December 5th, 2013, 09:42 AM
I think it's time for Panther fans to stop using the weather as an excuse and get out there Saturday. You never know when we will have another team like this, hopefully we have continued success this year and for years to come. But you can never take this for granted. Go Panthers.

My prediction..... Game stays close for a while but EIU wins by three scores.

I think the Panther fans will show up but the casual football watcher wont.

bigbluetiger
December 6th, 2013, 02:47 PM
I see that it snowed there last night. It will be interesting to see how the weather will impact the game if at all.

Sycamore62
December 6th, 2013, 04:44 PM
I see that it snowed there last night. It will be interesting to see how the weather will impact the game if at all.

Not it much snow in town. Just south of here got most of it. It is abnormally cold though.

Newt
December 6th, 2013, 09:50 PM
Tennessee State got here this afternoon, although I understand they had a rough time getting through Indiana. I saw their buses near the field and the visitor's locker room, so I imagine they had their walk through. Well, I saw three buses and I don't think track has anything going on, so I am guessing it was Tennessee State. I hope the trip tired them out.

it will be very cold tomorrow, but I don't think the wind is supposed to be a problem. I hope Jimmy stands by one of the heaters so his arm stays warm. Thank goodness it's an afternoon game.

i think Eastern will get it done and go on to the next round.

Sycamore62
December 6th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Tennessee State got here this afternoon, although I understand they had a rough time getting through Indiana. I saw their buses near the field and the visitor's locker room, so I imagine they had their walk through. Well, I saw three buses and I don't think track has anything going on, so I am guessing it was Tennessee State. I hope the trip tired them out.

it will be very cold tomorrow, but I don't think the wind is supposed to be a problem. I hope Jimmy stands by one of the heaters so his arm stays warm. Thank goodness it's an afternoon game.

i think Eastern will get it done and go on to the next round.

There was a track meet against ISUb. If they were Turner Coaches it was the track team.

caribbeanhen
December 7th, 2013, 07:29 AM
cold has to help Tenn St .... like a 13th man of D

bigbluetiger
December 7th, 2013, 08:29 AM
I just confirmed that the game is on DirecTV PPV channel 791 for $25.

bigbluetiger
December 7th, 2013, 08:36 AM
I just confirmed that the game is on DirecTV PPV channel 791 for $25.

eiupantherfan94
December 7th, 2013, 10:10 AM
A high of 20 degrees today, although there doesn't seem to be a cloud in the sky. Doesn't seem to be that windy yet either.

SUPharmacist
December 7th, 2013, 10:37 AM
I'm excited to see if EIU can continue to blow people out.

eiu1999
December 7th, 2013, 01:28 PM
10-0 EIU 8:01 1st

eiu1999
December 7th, 2013, 01:32 PM
16-0 EIU 6:23 1st

Go Lehigh TU owl
December 7th, 2013, 02:47 PM
EIU 37-0 at half....they don't just win, they dominate....

Drblankstare
December 7th, 2013, 02:49 PM
EIU 37-0 at half....they don't just win, they dominate....
That offense is scary good.

Skyhawk71
December 7th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Seriously, they play every play like they have to score, and snap the football so fast, you cannot believe it until you see it..........next week I will be rolling to Charleston just to see it again, actually glad we got iced in today, would have been a waste of money for this one..........

kdinva
December 7th, 2013, 02:54 PM
VMI would have given EIU a better game.........now, what does this say about the Pioneer.....again? Their champ got beat by 31 by a team that today could lose by 45+.

SIUSalukiFan
December 7th, 2013, 04:45 PM
There is such a huge gap between Eastern Illinois and the rest of the OVC. I still can't believe that conference got three teams. The only way it will be justified is if EIU wins the national title ... which is not out of the realm of possibility.

TTUEagles
December 7th, 2013, 05:40 PM
There is such a huge gap between Eastern Illinois and the rest of the OVC. I still can't believe that conference got three teams. The only way it will be justified is if EIU wins the national title ... which is not out of the realm of possibility.

What if Jax St. gets it done tonight?

SIUSalukiFan
December 7th, 2013, 06:04 PM
What if Jax St. gets it done tonight?

I would be surprised if that happens but if the Gamecocks win or show well I'll temper my thoughts.

You're an OVC guy ... did you think the resumes of Tennessee State and Jacksonville State were playoff quality?

TTUEagles
December 7th, 2013, 07:30 PM
I would be surprised if that happens but if the Gamecocks win or show well I'll temper my thoughts.

You're an OVC guy ... did you think the resumes of Tennessee State and Jacksonville State were playoff quality?
I'll admit, it's a tough question. A lot of arguments made for either one being left out... If not for the 44-0 beat down by EKU, TSU would be a slam dunk, likewise for Jax. St. losing to Murray St. If it were still a field of 16, neither gets in, but with 24 now? I really think they both did belong. I know, I know, the OVC's playoff record for 2 decades speaks for itself, and TSU's win over Butler doesn't necessarily justify their belonging, but JSU looks good in handling a SoCon team and now winning big on the road...

Cocky
December 7th, 2013, 11:13 PM

Yes, the OVC had a good OOC record against all conference. You seem to be basing your opinion on past history. Teams change from year to year, this years teams are the only ones that matter. The only shame this year is TSU didn't get the opportunity to play a team not from the OVC then we would have 3 of 8.

Maybe another shame is UTM being left out.

Skyhawk71
December 8th, 2013, 08:15 AM
13-4 OOC vs. FCS, 4-1 vs. MVFC, Losses: SEMO to *Southeastern Louisiana, Southern Illinois; Eastern Kentucky to *Coastal Carolina; APSU to UT-Chattanooga...........xthumbsupx