PDA

View Full Version : McNeese, TXST, SHSU, NWST

GreatAppSt
October 12th, 2006, 10:43 AM
Looks like GreatApp will be taking in some games in a new region. It's official I'm moving from (The first state) Delaware to the (Lone star State) by Turkey day.:nod: It's been 20 years since I've lived in TX (Army service) but I'm looking forward to going back. See y'all soon.:thumbsup:

NSUDemon98
October 12th, 2006, 11:11 AM
Looks like GreatApp will be taking in some games in a new region. It's official I'm moving from (The first state) Delaware to the (Lone star State) by Turkey day.:nod: It's been 20 years since I've lived in TX (Army service) but I'm looking forward to going back. See y'all soon.:thumbsup:

Where in Tx?

GreatAppSt
October 12th, 2006, 11:17 AM
The Rose capital (Tyler).

bobcatfan06
October 12th, 2006, 12:46 PM
Hope you can make it out to some SLC games, and Welcome to Texas!!

slycat
October 12th, 2006, 01:12 PM

guess sfa is the cloest to there. but im sure you'll want to see some of the other stadiums as well.

welcome back to texas.

TexasTerror
October 12th, 2006, 04:29 PM
Good luck with the move!

Tyler is definitely within striking distance of quite a few SLC stops. Let us know if you head over to New Orleans, LA. We got the Bayou Classic, SELA, Southern and Nicholls St nearby!

McNeese72
October 12th, 2006, 04:41 PM

If you are ever able to make it down to Lake Charles, La for a game, let us know. You are more than welcome to tailgate with the Geauxcowboys.com crew. I'm sure we can find enough food and drink to take care of you. Plus, I'm sure we can find a ticket or two, if you need them.

Doc

NSUDemon98
October 12th, 2006, 04:41 PM

That's awesome...Tyler, Tx is my home town. I went to Whitehouse H.S.[suburb] of Tyler.

bobcatfan06
October 12th, 2006, 04:56 PM
That's awesome...Tyler, Tx is my home town. I went to Whitehouse H.S.[suburb] of Tyler.

You guys beat us 80 something to 20 somthing in basketball my junior year. 2001. :o

blackfordpu
October 12th, 2006, 06:25 PM

Nice area of the state, great place to live.:nod:

Good luck with the move.

NSUDemon98
October 12th, 2006, 07:28 PM
You guys beat us 80 something to 20 somthing in basketball my junior year. 2001. :o

Really? That is interesting. I graduated in 1998 though. What h.s. did you attend?

Dallas Demon
October 12th, 2006, 09:29 PM

2 1/2 hours to a Demon game in Natchitoches. Would be fun, you could party with us.

PantherRob82
October 12th, 2006, 09:31 PM
wow, looks like everyone is steapping up with the hospitality. too bad you can't take em up until the 07 season.

Bearkats94
October 12th, 2006, 09:53 PM
One thing I can tell you about the Tyler area is their high schools in that area takes football very seriously. Tyler Lee, Lufkin, and Longview are some great high school teams to see on Friday nights .:twocents:

Welcome back to Texas:hurray:

blackfordpu
October 12th, 2006, 09:54 PM
One thing I can tell you about the Tyler area is their high schools in that area takes football very seriously. Tyler Lee, Lufkin, and Longview are some great high school teams to see on Friday nights .:twocents:

Welcome back to Texas:hurray:

Good deer hunting in that area too. :nod:

Bearkats94
October 12th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearkats94
One thing I can tell you about the Tyler area is their high schools in that area takes football very seriously. Tyler Lee, Lufkin, and Longview are some great high school teams to see on Friday nights .

Welcome back to Texas

Good deer hunting in that area too.

Yes it is good Deer hunting, just watch for the bush shooters in the National Forest.

blackfordpu
October 12th, 2006, 10:01 PM
Yes it is good Deer hunting, just watch for the bush shooters in the National Forest.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Bearkats94
October 12th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Quote:

There are some people that shoot into the bush hopping they kill some thing. You never hear the joke, you can have your deer just let me get my saddle off of it. That happens in East Texas.

blackfordpu
October 12th, 2006, 10:12 PM
Quote:

There are some people that shoot into the bush hopping they kill some thing. You never hear the joke, you can have your deer just let me get my saddle off of it. That happens in East Texas.

Wow, my grandpa would jump out of his lay-z-boy if he ever heard of anyone doing that!:eek:

Mr. C
October 12th, 2006, 10:17 PM
Not too far from Jerry Moore's hometown of Bonham, Texas

Bearkats94
October 12th, 2006, 10:18 PM
This is why I will never hunt on public land.

bobcatfan06
October 12th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Really? That is interesting. I graduated in 1998 though. What h.s. did you attend?

Breckenridge, between Abilene and Ft. Worth. I think it was at a tournament in a Aledo or something. I don't really remember, but I know Whitehouse smoked us.

Oh, and there is fantastic hunting in Tyler. There are also some fabulous golf courses around there too.

GreatAppSt
October 13th, 2006, 12:02 AM
I've heard I may need to get a deer license for my cars.:nod:

blackfordpu
October 13th, 2006, 07:43 AM
I've heard I may need to get a deer license for my cars.:nod:

Nah, if you don't drive like an idiot at dawn or dusk in places that deer will most likely be you won't hit one.

kats89
October 13th, 2006, 08:51 AM
Welcome to the Lone Star State.

Tyler area is very pretty. Most of my family is from that part of Texas, mainly Longview.

Come on down to Huntsville to a game. Guessing it wont be till '07 season, but you never know.:smiley_wi

Sam_Kats
October 13th, 2006, 08:59 AM
Welcome back to Texas, GreatApp!!

Hope you can make the drive a time or two and visit Bowers Stadium. The Kat Faithful would love to have you. Good luck with the move.

Dallas Demon
October 13th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Dallas is just up the road where you'll never run out of things to do.