PDA

View Full Version : I-AA vs. I-A: Week 7

dbackjon
October 12th, 2006, 10:40 AM
I see three games for the good guys this week. Two might be winnable....

Tonight, Southern Utah takes on Florida Atlantic. Many I-AA teams could beat FAU - not sure if SUU can, but should be close.

Saturday:

SEMO at Arkansas. This one will not be close.

Jacksonville St at Mississippi St. The Gamecocks have a good chance to pull off the upset over a really bad MSU team.

Mr. C
October 12th, 2006, 10:56 AM

Tonight, Southern Utah takes on Florida Atlantic. Many I-AA teams could beat FAU - not sure if SUU can, but should be close.

Saturday:

Jacksonville St at Mississippi St. The Gamecocks have a good chance to pull off the upset over a really bad MSU team.

Jacksonville State can play some serious defense, so with a good game from Clay Green running the ball and some breaks, I could see the Gamecocks winning this one. Remember Maine spanked MSU a couple of years back.

It would warm a lot of AGS fans hearts to see Southern Utah beat Florida Atlantic. The FAU crowd didn't exactly make a lot of friends around here a few years ago.

Proud Griz Man
October 12th, 2006, 11:30 AM

Saturday:

Didn't Southern Utah come close to beating Cal Poly at SLO?

JALMOND
October 12th, 2006, 12:47 PM
Cal Poly 18, SUU 14

Mustangs outscored Thunderbirds 15-0 in the 4th quarter to come from behind. Game was at SLO.

PantherRob82
October 12th, 2006, 02:48 PM
would be nice to see both of them pull off the win.

No_Skill
October 12th, 2006, 09:26 PM

Saturday:

Scratch Southern Utah v Florida Atlantic.

Southern Utah 7 - Florida Atlantic 32

Mike Johnson
October 12th, 2006, 10:31 PM
Scratch Southern Utah v Florida Atlantic.

Southern Utah 7 - Florida Atlantic 32

Darn. Oh well, I hope the paycheck was descent.

rufus
October 13th, 2006, 07:04 AM
Just looked at the box score for the Southern Utah @ Florida Atlantic game. It looks like there were 6,431 in attendance for the game, which was FAU's home opener. Looks like the big time is working out well for them.

PantherRob82
October 13th, 2006, 08:26 AM
Just looked at the box score for the Southern Utah @ Florida Atlantic game. It looks like there were 6,431 in attendance for the game, which was FAU's home opener. Looks like the big time is working out well for them.

They'll be bigger than Miami, Florida, and Florida St in no time! :rolleyes:

dusky256fc
October 13th, 2006, 09:35 AM
You guys are a pathetic joke. I love how you dream that "many 1AA teams could beat FAU". If you don't remember in our 4th season we went to the 1AA semi-finals. Most of you have been playing "football" for decades, some more than 100 years and your still stuck in 1AA.

Keep looking up guys, your day may come.

BTW, the SUU @ FAU game was over by the 1st qtr.

GaSouthern
October 13th, 2006, 10:35 AM
pathetic joke? whats FAU's I-A record? HAHAHAHAHAA yeah your right you are a pathetic joke, and YES about 1/4 of I-AA schools would wipe the floor with FAU.

rufus
October 13th, 2006, 10:57 AM
BTW, the SUU @ FAU game was over by the 1st qtr.
Too bad nobody was there to see it.:)

Gordon Shumway
October 13th, 2006, 11:19 AM
What is really comical is that when ESPN.com does the Bottom 10 for IA football, they don't even distinguish between FIU & FAU. They just share one spot as FXU or F_U.xlolx

It must be a great source of pride to those school's alumni to be the laughingstock of IA football.